Blanche 2009 Eau de Parfum

Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Blanche (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesBlond woodsBlond woods
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.10.2021.

Serres74
Remember the Golden Girls...?!
...that was a series about four old ladies who had formed a flat share and lived together. I loved that show...one of the ladies was named Blanche, like this fragrance. I don't know why, but when this fragrance reached me as an addition I thought it would smell like Blanche...sassy, sexy, upbeat, ladylike.
What I got was fresh laundry on the line...Yankie Candle type cotton...oh don't get me wrong, the scent smells great. Amazing that so many scents blend into one scent...but still a shame somehow. Even sadder is the durability...after one hour it's over...and that for an EdP and for the price?! No no no...da bleeds my Swabian heart....

Neutral scent
Blanche is a safe / neutral scent. I get slight hints of neroli with some Musk & sandelwood. I think blanche is better of you layer it with other fragrances to increase sillage. Back in the days people using vaseline and oversprayed with a perfume. Then Montale white musk came
, Now i will give blanche a try to Save my other less projecting fragrances. With al do respect !!!
Dryer smell in a bottle
I grew up in a small village in Bavaria.
There were many children living in our street and our free time was spent romping around the various gardens, playing badminton in the street and climbing trees.
The summer scent of my childhood is composed of the smell of freshly mown grass, elderflowers, petrichor and just also the smell of freshly washed or dried laundry.

My one friend lived at the end of our street in her grandparents' house and once a week was laundry day. In the summer, we would hang out in front of the tilted window that led to the laundry room with our noses like junkies so we wouldn't miss the delicious smell that was coming out of there. Even then, I wished we could preserve smells for bad times, so we could sniff them when needed and remember the good times.
That's exactly what Byredo has done for me with this fragrance.

I can not perceive the individual fragrance notes listed here, I smell only the comforting, warming smell of fresh laundry and feel directly 20 years back.
So there is also no scent progression on my skin at all, but that doesn't bother me. Our house was unfortunately sold last year and my playmates from back then are of course now also all long grown up.
This fragrance catapults me but directly in the then, carefree time back and alone therefore he may probably move in. Whether I myself would like to smell like this, I do not know yet, but the calming, soothing effect that this smell has on me, I would not want to miss.
Warm clean scent
Freshly creamed with a warm nutty body lotion slipped into the freshly made bed. The musk is wonderfully creamy, sandalwood gives a nice warmth. This is exactly how feel-good smells! My favorite scent for days when I need that confidence, that secure. But best after a long day to fall asleep peacefully.
Lockenkopf
Childhood memories or pore-deep clean and shiny white
We used to have an inn. I remember how we always had to take the moistened table linen to the mangle two streets away.
When I arrived there, I could see through the windows the laughing and chattering women in their white coats.
When the door opened, humid air with the scent of freshly laundered laundry hit you.

And it was exactly at this moment that I remembered yesterday, when Byredo Blanche kept getting up my nose.

Yesterday I was a child again in my thoughts and ran in the sunshine with my sister to the hot mangle... between us the basket with laundry.....
Conclusion: beautiful, pure and clean laundry scent.
and today I smell again pore-deep clean and shining white ?
MrsBeGe
And suddenly the association was back...
After I tried Blanche again and again and crept around the bottle, I finally allowed myself to have it ^^

Blanche starts fresh, clean and has me personally directly under his spell. In any case, he reminds me of fresh laundry. In the course of time the fragrance becomes a little warmer, creamier and practically melts into me. I also notice a fine fruity note in the background. Again and again I absorb the fragrance, it wraps me up like a blanket and gives me a cosy, homely feeling without being boring. Again and again my nose creeps up to my wrist and I wonder why the scent is too familiar to me.

Then it became winter, I continue to spray the scent on myself when I need this pleasant feeling. Outside it gets colder, the skin tends to dryness again. In the drugstore I buy a new bottle of children's Seba med care lotion for my boys. Tonight, after bathing our lovely ritual for years, I put some cream on and slip on the cuddly clothes and there... the association was back! Blanche smells very similar to this body lotion :) I think that's why I love this perfume.

Almost round.
I've been tigering around this scent for over a year now. The first splash was: Wow! He lives up to his name, and in most cases he is a role model for exactly what the créateur had in mind. And it is obvious that Blanche is associated with "clean" and "pure". And yet I was bothered by a little something, applying to everyone and everyone. It's the sandalwood. Fragrances in which the sandalwood is strongly interspersed remind me of the vomit of babies. However, it is so small that one can almost hide this one component in view of the overall construct. End of the song: I finally bought it, don't regret it and like it very much. Only the Sillage leaves something to be desired, it would like to be refreshed after four hours please.
Marietta
"you've had him before..."
...so my first thought, when spraying on.i could have sworn, that is amelie et melanie, from lothantique.ich my also a very distant resemblance to close from gap to be able to recognize, although the fragrance pyramid that does not hergibt.definitely a clean fragrance, but by no means in combination with soft rinsed, creamy, buttery or heimelig.eher sterile.

White Noise
I came to Byredo BLANCHE with zero preconceptions about this house, and my immediate reaction was "reminds me of Costume National SCENT SHEER." So, yes, it has that white noise, minimalist vibe. This composition seems a bit more complex and slightly green. The violet here must be violet leaves, because it is not at all sweet.

The musk is clean, but this is not really my kind of thing. To me this is a unisex scent in a somewhat negative way: rather sterile and uninviting. I'm sure that others would like this, but to me it smells a bit like laundry starch.

Try before you buy.

KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
In South Korea, Blanche is recognized as the scent of a typical and conservative men. Yes, men over 30.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Clean fresh scent with a lovely delicate peony accord. Distinct detergent-musky note is, however, quite disturbing.

Weiß. Hab ich mit Cambrium gegen Lehmannsche Lindenblüte getauscht.
by Stanze
by Kwad
by Kwad
by RobK
by RobK
by SweetHonesty
by SweetHonesty

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo