Eleventh Hour 2018 Eau de Parfum

Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
7.3 / 10 151 Ratings
Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-fruity. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Nepalese Sichuan pepperNepalese Sichuan pepper BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart Notes Carrot seedCarrot seed RumRum Wild figWild fig
Base Notes Base Notes Tonka beanTonka bean Cashmere woodCashmere wood
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.01.2023.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions
4.5
Top Review 13
Cowardice is punished with the end of the world
One of my recurring nightmares, not too often, but sometimes again, contains images of huge tidal waves crashing onto the coast and burying us without a chance. Eleventh Hour" also resorts to similar myths, (primeval) fears and premonitions; or at least he has put his name in this direction. That it's close to near and we've been destroying our unique planet for decades, even the biggest dumb-jaw might know (except Trump now) and that it might even be too late to change something, too.

But this still quite fresh Byredo is anything but a pessimistic doomsday scent that screams "after me the Flood". It's a very green, spicy pepper-rum cocktail that doesn't suit me at all. He captures the hopelessness and fear, the consumption of alcohol and the flight to higher green mountain ranges. If one should stick to the thought. But there are definitely more fun and pleasant associations that a fragrance can and should evoke...

On a purely olfactory level, this Byredo is also less appealing to me. As always made of high quality, a fine "blend" so to speak, but I still don't like figs in my perfume. In "Eleventh Hour" a triumvirate of pepper, fig and rum sets the tone. And it doesn't exactly go squeamishly to the point... Cinnamon associations also spread to me, but rather green and freshly coloured in spring. A very texture-rich, tempting paradise scent, for many a hit, which creates in MIR but only a migraine paradise and which I can hardly wear. And fragrance reviews remain highly subjective and personal. But if you like figs with a good grip, you have to test them. And even face the downfall... ;-)

Flacon: nordic by nature
Sillage: at first breathtaking, then quickly dampened
Shelf-life: 7 hours but a little bit loose

Conclusion: when the world ends, you are allowed to drink rum and stink of figs. Or something like that. But even if the sky falls to the earth, I will no longer be a friend of "cowardly" fumes... i'm sorry.

Very helpful Review 9
5 to 12
As Annarosa already remarked, Eleventh Hour focuses on the last hour or moment on earth as the central theme. Quasi the end of all things when the oceans rise and the highest areas become the final havens.

Eleventh Hour does not sniff at sea breeze or seaweed, but intensively at the indicated Nepalese Szechuan pepper which comes across almost hypnotically ethereal like light incense. Furthermore I notice carrot seeds, at least I notice a great similarity to Mark Birley for Men with comparable vibe.

Additionally very strong in the foreground is plum puree plus some cinnamon rather than as promised wild fig and rum (Aachener Pflümli hits it quite well there already).
Everything else falls completely backwards, or drowns from the beginning.

Eleventh Hour is in fact anything but a discreet eau de parfum, more obtrusive than reserved, with a powerful durability and projection, and one should definitely be careful with the dosage. The danger is correspondingly great that one could quickly get enough of the scent - at least the ridge is quite narrow.

The conceptual intention is demanding, but the choice of ingredients is not quite clear to me. Otherwise one thinks more of the olfactory than the apocalyptic overkill.
MlleTaffanel
My rum pot is not stupid!
This review is about probably the most difficult fragrance in my closet. My mother comments on it "interesting", my husband "is ok". I can relate to every single comment on Eleventh Hour, including all the critics. Nevertheless, I have him, nevertheless, I like him.
Theoretically, yes, the scent should have something to do with the apocalypse. When the seas rise and you have to seek refuge in the mountains. Hence probably the Nepalese pepper in the top note. That's probably why the wild mess of ingredients in the heart note.
But now to the practice: Whistle on the pepper, the bergamot, the tonka bean and all the other, which you can read in the fragrance pyramid! In my case, I smell apple strudel and rum pot. Exclusively. And it lasts for 8-9 hours. The sillage is not weak, but chosen in such a way that you don't drown your counterpart. Otherwise, my environment would probably have already fled, in the mountains or elsewhere, because I'm probably the only one in my immediate vicinity who likes the fragrance.
With the end of the world, you can already associate it if you want. I for one will stuff myself with apple strudel and hang upside down in the rum pot, because for a Viennese this is a worthy farewell.
Annarosa
Apricot jam for the last hour
Interestingly, this perfume is supposed to be the perfumer's idea of what the last hour of mankind should look like after a global world flooding. Well, apparently the last survivors are eating a jam of apricots (apricot jam) happily on the high mountain top :)
At first it smells sweet-sour-fruity-marillig. I don't really appreciate apricot jam and its smell. I don't have to smell that way. As it progresses, the scent somehow becomes more and more unpleasant and moves away from the jam until I finally wash it off. Despite good durability and apparently also Sillage (I am not sure there) it is not so my fragrance. Just because I don't like sweet, sour, fruity scents. But that's just my personal opinion.

Helpful Review 2
Doesn't match the marketing
Don't let the marketing graphics fool you. This isn't some bleak end of the world outdoorsy fragrance. It is a sweet soft woody fig with a ton of cashmeran. It's more along the lines of Gyspy Water or Velvet Haze than say Super Cedar.
The fig in it isn't the green fig you get in something like Philosykos - its sweet and ripe like a fig candy.
Usually Byredo is on point with their marketing but I think they missed the mark this time. If they had've gone for a youthful, fun and delicate campaign, it would have fit better.
Overall its quite nice, but not challenging or exceptional. Regardless, the people who love to post monochromatic shelfies on instagram will lap this up.
More reviews

2 short views on the fragrance
PetarMolnarPetarMolnar 4 months ago
Fruity and sweet, tasty rum mixed up with cedar wood and spices. Its not a beast mode parfume rather subtle player. Tastefully blended.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Fleeting rum and a lot of sweetened pepper, enough to keep you sneezing for a long while.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo