Green 2008

Green by Byredo
Green is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is green-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrainPetitgrain SageSage
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckleHoneysuckle JasmineJasmine RoseRose VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesAlmondAlmond MuskMusk Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.01.2021.

Frothy green floral
Green is a compillation of green (duh) (Well it is not my fault they didn´t bleed to death thinking for a name) floral clean notes that somehow have a very warm, enveloping effect instead of being chilly and invigorating as i expected. Think more of new tendrils rather than dark forests.

Green smells very clean and there is nothing wrong with it. I mean, the ingredients don´t feel "chemical" at all, nevertheless i support the opinion that Green reminds of a very nice smelling home-care/body-care product. I quite enjoy shampoo-like perfumes if they are well done, so it is not an issue for me.

The fragance starts very grassy and sparkling and then it gets more delicate and sweeter. With the petitgrain i smell something like linden. It is green, but it oozes nectar too. The slight metallic buzz of violet leaves is mainly the responsible for Green´s green-ness, being softened by delicious honeysuckle, but also a light rose, closer to rosewater than to rose oil. As the fragance evolves, mild touches of bitterness from green almonds arise and along the calming tonka define a very confortable drydown, and never looses completely its leafy, spring-like nature.

Maybe because it smells so clean and foamy it is perfectly suitable both for women, men and i am thinking, it could be a great choice for children, because it has this innocent vibe (and in Spain at least we soak children in cologne) and absolutely not a shadow. Just loving tendrils, wild flowering vines and soap bubbles.

Strangely Appealing
I love the bright and crisp petit grain opening of Byredo GREEN. After a few minutes, the scent smells closer to an organic green cleaning product, but somehow it does not become a scrubber.

Am I being slowly indoctrinated into the "clean" perfumery movement? I have to wonder, because I do not really think that this smells like anything more than the scent added to such cleaning products. I would like to use this to clean my bathroom, but I also do not mind it on my skin.

I guess that I am ultimately conflicted about Byredo GREEN. I should not like it, but I sort of do... Would I pay $200+ to smell like this? In a word: No.

Syzygy73Syzygy73 5 years ago
Soapy, imperial leather soapy. As clean as laundered money as green as Othello's jealousy. There's nothing remarkable or unremarkable here.

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo