Mojave Ghost 2014Eau de Parfum

Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAmbrette, Sapote
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Sandalwood, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Ambergris, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.01.2021.

Clouds and sympathy
Have you ever thought of comparing scents with the weather? When we smell a scent, we get into the mood, memories of warm summer days or cold winters flash before our eyes. The mind of the wearer of the Mojave Ghost is cheerful, but not frivolous. Here and there a few white clouds push themselves in front of the sun and cool down the carefree character a little, fresh wind provides a clear head. Bold moments have their place in the sun, sensible decisions in the shade. The freshness of the Mojave Ghost is completed by a cloud-like icing on the cake. The wearer of the Mojave Ghost would like to be a work colleague and would also like to meet on the dance floor in the evening for a glass of champagne and good conversation or with a gin and tonic in hand

EdenRosalie
Distinctive, unique, but actually like a ghost
My neighbour is for me irrevocably bound to this scent. Maybe that's why I liked and like it so much - I associate it with sophistication, a woman commuting between Paris and New York, a house in Provence, another one in Aspen. She came to San Francisco as a flower child, but then, when the flower era was already fading away, she became a psychoanalyst - after Freud, of course. She smokes, she likes to drink and drink lots of wine, speaks fluent French, English and German and occasionally gives essays on film noir. Whenever I walk down the staircase, I often smell for minutes after she was there. The smell, mixed with the one of cigarettes. That's why I bought it and later gave it away. It doesn't suit me.

What he actually smells of? Probably from the notes mentioned above, but composed into something whole. New.

Foreign. Unfamiliar. Novel. Fascinating. Hard to describe. Fleeting, yet enduring. Intangible, so the name is quite fitting. A spirit from the Mojave Desert at the lower reaches of the Colorado River in Arizona and California, where the Mohave used to live - the people who live along the river. Absolutely recommendable for someone who is looking for something unique
disappointment became surprise
I'm a big Bal d'Afrique fan (it really sparked my love of perfume) but I couldn't pay the price for a long time (meanwhile proud owner), so I asked for a sample at the Byredo counter from time to time.
One day I ran innocently into the KaDeWe to refill my specimen depot and was disappointed. The dear lady at the counter, put me off with a specimen from Mojave Ghost instead What can I say? Sometimes there's no right word but "shock-loved. I understand the following: unsuspectingly you put your nose on a spray head or spray a perfume somewhere and your brain stops working for a short time. what the fluff is this?!
Yes, you will spend the rest of the day hanging on your arm/scent strip like an addict, trying to absorb the scent into your bloodstream.

Anyways, back to Mojave Ghost. Yes, it's similar to Chance Eau Tendre (which I also like very much, EdP) I have MG on the left and Chance on the right. In the opening Chance smells more citric, similar to the Light Blue Intense Opening but a bit sweeter. MG, on the other hand, has a fruity, fresh, unripe pear or apple. Chance smells like a Parisian upper-class model freshly showered in spring and Mojave Ghost is the unisex counterpart with that interesting something.
Now what is this something. Is it the sapote (has anyone ever eaten/smelled it?) ? Is it the violet? Is it the combination of woody creaminess and floral fruitiness?
All I know is that it smells really fantastic.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the majority here, as the durability is not the best. Quickly turns into a skin-scent.
Still, I prefer Mojave Ghost over Chance. I have never smelled this fresh, woody, fruity composition anywhere else. Here we'll have to spray the clothes and if you're spending money, maybe order the perfume oil as well (can it be Black Friday soon enough?). In this case it would be worth it.
Flacon is of course a matter of taste, but I like the uniform and minimalist design. Magnetic cap is a luxurious bonus.

I love Byredo perfumes and I don't understand why the shelf life is so short at these prices. It's a pity, but I'll always sniff and buy again because of the special scents.

different
I love the simplicity of the brand byredo. And I do like this alot of first wearing on skin.
It is a beautiful floral scent for spring ands ummer. It do leans a bit to the feminine side, but a man can use this too.
It is a very delicate scent, and I got good projection of it. It is fresh and sweet at the same time which is rare to find in fragrances. I know this is not for everyone. 8/10
Cambrium
Excuse me, what's the name of your fragrance?
Yeah, we fell in love fast. I find it very difficult to describe the fragrance. Someone once wrote here it smells like pear. With a little imagination it works, but then it is somehow not a bulb. I have rather a picture of the fragrance, young good-looking woman, dynamic and successful. Just had a fresh shower and yet it has its very own scent. I like the smell, I need it every now and then in certain moods. The nice lady from Byredo said that it is often criticized that the scent would not last long enough, I cannot confirm that at all. Even if the scent is not very loud, it creeps into my nose again and again during the day and lasts at least 8 hours.
I'd like more of that scent!

The desert is blooming.
You shouldn't actually fall into the house with a comment, but I can't help it: The most interesting thing about Mojave Ghost is the company background of Byredo or Ben Gorham and the explanation what the scent has to do with the desert, which I found at ALzD.

The perfume itself looks familiar to me, but it probably doesn't remind me of a single fragrance at all, but of the many perfumes of this kind that I have seen come and go in about 40 years before the fragrance shelf. On the other hand, Miracle, Beautyful, Daisy, Tresor in Love or the like are just a few examples. This is not a derogatory judgment at all, because these fragrances have in common that they are flowery, sometimes discreetly fruity, but never sweet, have a pleasant freshness and don't get on anyone's nerves. They spread well-being and that's that.

The desert flower Mohavea confertiflora, which gave the fragrance its name, seems to have developed amazing survival strategies to survive in inhospitable environments despite its delicacy. Admittedly, the comparison is far-fetched, but the Byredo fragrance surprises me despite its fresh flowery and rather harmless character with astonishing staying power. So Mojave Ghost is by no means a lightweight, but I am missing an edge, some depth and a pinch of dirt and a little surprise
I think every one of us - and by that I mean just us ladies for a change - should have such a fragrance in our repertoire. In my collection Grisette takes over this role. The fact that I only address ladies here once is simply because I would have the feeling of putting a pink Tütü over a man with this smell. Seen in this light, the fragrance also stands out in comparison to other Byredo fragrances. Mojave Ghost Welten is away from the seriousness of Rose of No Men's Land or Baudelaire.
Carina1984
Love... since the first second
I had never heard of Byredo before, until a customer entered the shop and I wanted to run after her !

She was long out of my reach and I could still perceive the scent.
Of course I had to find out what she was wearing...

Sandalwood, musk and amber - I love it !

A thousand thanks - she betrayed it to me and I went to sniff it at myself.
I must confess, first I was a little skeptical, because he didn't seem as conspicuous and voluminous at myself in the beginning as at my customer but this unmistakable smell ...I just had to have it !

With the intensity on my skin he didn't disappoint me either... he is actually behaving a little ghostly ... times I think he has evaporated relatively quickly ... until I perceive him then again unbelievably well at me and he gives me this pleasantly flattering feeling, to smell like no other :) .

Mojave Ghost is for me a flowery, woody dream...that puts a soft magnolia - sandalwood - musk - veil on your skin and that almost all day long.
He gives me a good feeling even on bad days and I almost want to say that he makes me feel particularly attractive!

Applied in the morning I can still perceive him in the late afternoon and have already received compliments for him, when I thought, one smells him already no longer .

He is - for me - there for a good 7 hours ... even longer for all those around me.

Thank you Byredo... this love is for eternity

ScentwitchScentwitch 18 days ago
Unique, amazing perfume worth every penny.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
It is very sensual floral parfum . It is quite unique, almost otherworldly. Not too strong but in this case it is better that way . Unisex
TRehfTRehf 5 months ago
Easy to wear summer fragrance. comes and goes during its lifetime (8h). Perfect in heat. Floral-Fruity-woody. Unisex but feminine leaning.
KimJongKimJong 12 months ago
Perfect as "unisex". Great for couples to wear together. On cold days, it turns into a strange plastic odor. But in other seasons, beutiful.
HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
Pear-flavored jelly beans? With the notes listed? Truly impressive!
Though the biggest achievement here is a splendid sandalwood note.

by Carina1984
by Carina1984
by Richard
by Richard

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo