Mojave Ghost (2014) Eau de Parfum

Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo

Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top NotesAmbrette, Sapote
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet, Sandalwood, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Ambergris, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.10.2019

different
I love the simplicity of the brand byredo. And I do like this alot of first wearing on skin.
It is a beautiful floral scent for spring ands ummer. It do leans a bit to the feminine side, but a man can use this too.
It is a very delicate scent, and I got good projection of it. It is fresh and sweet at the same time which is rare to find in fragrances. I know this is not for everyone. 8/10
7.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Cambrium
Excuse me, what's the name of your fragrance?
Yeah, we fell in love fast. I find it very difficult to describe the fragrance. Someone once wrote here it smells like pear. With a little imagination it works, but then it is somehow not a bulb. I have rather a picture of the fragrance, young good-looking woman, dynamic and successful. Just had a fresh shower and yet it has its very own scent. I like the smell, I need it every now and then in certain moods. The nice lady from Byredo said that it is often criticized that the scent would not last long enough, I cannot confirm that at all. Even if the scent is not very loud, it creeps into my nose again and again during the day and lasts at least 8 hours.
I'd like more of that scent!
9.0 2.0 3.0 9.5/10

Rosabell
The last drop of my sample
I ordered a discovery-set from Byredo a few weeks ago, with their bestsellers as samples.
Blanche, Bal D'afrique, La Tulipe, Gypsy Water and of course Mojave Ghost were included.

Mojave Ghost already spoke to me the most when I first tried it out. In spite of initial pear, which I do not like so much in smells, I tested it first on the skin. And behold, I am in love. "Great in love with a lukewarm water... "
My problem is, I find the scent itself beautiful. It is creamy, soft, cuddly and fruity, although for me the pear is not in the foreground. Unfortunately, he lacks stamina. Already after 1-2 hours it is very close and only I can perceive it on me, if I stretch my nose to my wrist. So I probably won't get him. - Only probably? - Yeah, just probably because every time I smell the rehearsal. Yes, that's the way it is when you're in love..
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

The desert is blooming.
You shouldn't actually fall into the house with a comment, but I can't help it: The most interesting thing about Mojave Ghost is the company background of Byredo or Ben Gorham and the explanation what the scent has to do with the desert, which I found at ALzD.

The perfume itself looks familiar to me, but it probably doesn't remind me of a single fragrance at all, but of the many perfumes of this kind that I have seen come and go in about 40 years before the fragrance shelf. On the other hand, Miracle, Beautyful, Daisy, Tresor in Love or the like are just a few examples. This is not a derogatory judgment at all, because these fragrances have in common that they are flowery, sometimes discreetly fruity, but never sweet, have a pleasant freshness and don't get on anyone's nerves. They spread well-being and that's that.

The desert flower Mohavea confertiflora, which gave the fragrance its name, seems to have developed amazing survival strategies to survive in inhospitable environments despite its delicacy. Admittedly, the comparison is far-fetched, but the Byredo fragrance surprises me despite its fresh flowery and rather harmless character with astonishing staying power. So Mojave Ghost is by no means a lightweight, but I am missing an edge, some depth and a pinch of dirt and a little surprise
I think every one of us - and by that I mean just us ladies for a change - should have such a fragrance in our repertoire. In my collection Grisette takes over this role. The fact that I only address ladies here once is simply because I would have the feeling of putting a pink Tütü over a man with this smell. Seen in this light, the fragrance also stands out in comparison to other Byredo fragrances. Mojave Ghost Welten is away from the seriousness of Rose of No Men's Land or Baudelaire.
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Carina1984
Love... since the first second
I had never heard of Byredo before, until a customer entered the shop and I wanted to run after her !

She was long out of my reach and I could still perceive the scent.
Of course I had to find out what she was wearing...

Sandalwood, musk and amber - I love it !

A thousand thanks - she betrayed it to me and I went to sniff it at myself.
I must confess, first I was a little skeptical, because he didn't seem as conspicuous and voluminous at myself in the beginning as at my customer but this unmistakable smell ...I just had to have it !

With the intensity on my skin he didn't disappoint me either... he is actually behaving a little ghostly ... times I think he has evaporated relatively quickly ... until I perceive him then again unbelievably well at me and he gives me this pleasantly flattering feeling, to smell like no other :) .

Mojave Ghost is for me a flowery, woody dream...that puts a soft magnolia - sandalwood - musk - veil on your skin and that almost all day long.
He gives me a good feeling even on bad days and I almost want to say that he makes me feel particularly attractive!

Applied in the morning I can still perceive him in the late afternoon and have already received compliments for him, when I thought, one smells him already no longer .

He is - for me - there for a good 7 hours ... even longer for all those around me.

Thank you Byredo... this love is for eternity

Hajuvana 3 years ago
Pear-flavored jelly beans? With the notes listed? Truly impressive!
Though the biggest achievement here is a splendid sandalwood note.+2

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Carina1984
by Carina1984
by Richard
by Richard

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Pulp by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mister Marvelous (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Seven Veils by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo