Mojave Ghost 2014 Eau de Parfum

Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
7.7 / 10 417 Ratings
Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Main accords

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes AmbretteAmbrette SapoteSapote
Heart Notes Heart Notes VioletViolet SandalwoodSandalwood MagnoliaMagnolia
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk AmberAmber CedarwoodCedarwood VetiverVetiver
Submitted by ExUser, last update on 06.02.2023.

9 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Top Review 39
The desert is blooming.
You shouldn't actually fall into the house with a comment, but I can't help it: The most interesting thing about Mojave Ghost is the company background of Byredo or Ben Gorham and the explanation what the scent has to do with the desert, which I found at ALzD.

The perfume itself looks familiar to me, but it probably doesn't remind me of a single fragrance at all, but of the many perfumes of this kind that I have seen come and go in about 40 years before the fragrance shelf. On the other hand, Miracle, Beautyful, Daisy, Tresor in Love or the like are just a few examples. This is not a derogatory judgment at all, because these fragrances have in common that they are flowery, sometimes discreetly fruity, but never sweet, have a pleasant freshness and don't get on anyone's nerves. They spread well-being and that's that.

The desert flower Mohavea confertiflora, which gave the fragrance its name, seems to have developed amazing survival strategies to survive in inhospitable environments despite its delicacy. Admittedly, the comparison is far-fetched, but the Byredo fragrance surprises me despite its fresh flowery and rather harmless character with astonishing staying power. So Mojave Ghost is by no means a lightweight, but I am missing an edge, some depth and a pinch of dirt and a little surprise
I think every one of us - and by that I mean just us ladies for a change - should have such a fragrance in our repertoire. In my collection Grisette takes over this role. The fact that I only address ladies here once is simply because I would have the feeling of putting a pink Tütü over a man with this smell. Seen in this light, the fragrance also stands out in comparison to other Byredo fragrances. Mojave Ghost Welten is away from the seriousness of Rose of No Men's Land or Baudelaire.
Top Review 24
Love... since the first second
I had never heard of Byredo before, until a customer entered the shop and I wanted to run after her !

She was long out of my reach and I could still perceive the scent.
Of course I had to find out what she was wearing...

Sandalwood, musk and amber - I love it !

A thousand thanks - she betrayed it to me and I went to sniff it at myself.
I must confess, first I was a little skeptical, because he didn't seem as conspicuous and voluminous at myself in the beginning as at my customer but this unmistakable smell ...I just had to have it !

With the intensity on my skin he didn't disappoint me either... he is actually behaving a little ghostly ... times I think he has evaporated relatively quickly ... until I perceive him then again unbelievably well at me and he gives me this pleasantly flattering feeling, to smell like no other :) .

Mojave Ghost is for me a flowery, woody dream...that puts a soft magnolia - sandalwood - musk - veil on your skin and that almost all day long.
He gives me a good feeling even on bad days and I almost want to say that he makes me feel particularly attractive!

Applied in the morning I can still perceive him in the late afternoon and have already received compliments for him, when I thought, one smells him already no longer .

He is - for me - there for a good 7 hours ... even longer for all those around me.

Thank you Byredo... this love is for eternity
Helpful Review 19
Excuse me, what's the name of your fragrance?
Yeah, we fell in love fast. I find it very difficult to describe the fragrance. Someone once wrote here it smells like pear. With a little imagination it works, but then it is somehow not a bulb. I have rather a picture of the fragrance, young good-looking woman, dynamic and successful. Just had a fresh shower and yet it has its very own scent. I like the smell, I need it every now and then in certain moods. The nice lady from Byredo said that it is often criticized that the scent would not last long enough, I cannot confirm that at all. Even if the scent is not very loud, it creeps into my nose again and again during the day and lasts at least 8 hours.
I'd like more of that scent!

Very helpful Review 25
Distinctive, unique, but actually like a ghost
My neighbour is for me irrevocably bound to this scent. Maybe that's why I liked and like it so much - I associate it with sophistication, a woman commuting between Paris and New York, a house in Provence, another one in Aspen. She came to San Francisco as a flower child, but then, when the flower era was already fading away, she became a psychoanalyst - after Freud, of course. She smokes, she likes to drink and drink lots of wine, speaks fluent French, English and German and occasionally gives essays on film noir. Whenever I walk down the staircase, I often smell for minutes after she was there. The smell, mixed with the one of cigarettes. That's why I bought it and later gave it away. It doesn't suit me.

What he actually smells of? Probably from the notes mentioned above, but composed into something whole. New.

Foreign. Unfamiliar. Novel. Fascinating. Hard to describe. Fleeting, yet enduring. Intangible, so the name is quite fitting. A spirit from the Mojave Desert at the lower reaches of the Colorado River in Arizona and California, where the Mohave used to live - the people who live along the river. Absolutely recommendable for someone who is looking for something unique
Valensina
What is it about this fragrance..
I watched a video of an American Youtuberin, it was about fragrances that bring many compliments and at number 1 was this one... I was curious and got me him as a filling. Applied it and put it away for now... well not bad, it's ok. Don't have to have it, don't need it. But what can I say, I couldn't get it out of my head. It's like an addiction. Delicate, fresh, skin deep and it somehow flatters the person wearing it. Very neat but not inconspicuous but not too noticeable either :D I always get to the point that I like fragrances that aren't so extreme. The durability could be better but I don't mind re-spraying it because it never gets on my nerves. In my opinion, also wearable all year round. Definitely on my wish list for me! I do need it, preferably today! :)
More reviews

9 short views on the fragrance
TRehfTRehf 3 years ago
Easy to wear summer fragrance. comes and goes during its lifetime (8h). Perfect in heat. Floral-Fruity-woody. Unisex but feminine leaning.
HajuvanaHajuvana 6 years ago
Pear-flavored jelly beans? With the notes listed? Truly impressive!
Though the biggest achievement here is a splendid sandalwood note.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 4 months ago
A delight. Fresh, floral and cozy. Perfect on hot spring/summer days and nights.
KraemdonKraemdon 1 month ago
Beautiful scent! Beautifully floral-fresh. Not a masterpiece, but one of those smells you just can't go wrong with: recommended for summer
RomadyRomady 8 months ago
Opening is a bit like G.i.r.l. by Pharrell Williams. And blended with CK Secret Obsession.
But really nice
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

13 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo