Night Veils - Reine de Nuit 2015

Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo
8.2 / 10 87 Ratings
Night Veils - Reine de Nuit is a popular perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top Notes BlackcurrantBlackcurrant SaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart Notes Night-blooming rose FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base Notes PatchouliPatchouli Black amberBlack amber Ambrette seedAmbrette seed
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.11.2022.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 19
Good Girls
While Beth gets an epilation, the good Dean sits at his desk in the car dealership and has fun with the secretary. Beth, meanwhile, is told that her credit card is not accepted. Beth is classy, 40ish, attractive, confident. She has style, is educated and a full mother..........and apparently they are broke and her husband is cheating on her.

Now how to change that? First she robs a supermarket with her sister and another friend. It seems like Beth has never done anything else. She knows it's wrong. But she likes it. Will it be enough, just this coup, to get her back in the black? No, of course not! The journey continues. Beth is enterprising and starts laundering money for the drug lord in town. Even starts something with this hot guy........... before she kicks out the secretary, takes over the dealership. The lives of these 3 women are exciting, funny and really entertaining.

A series that I've been wolfing away. Beth, of course, wears Reine de Nuit when she goes out for the evening. With Portait of a Lady, one of the most beautiful rose scents for me. Here, the saffron adds a slightly smoky note. And while I notice more the raspberry in POAL, here it's the currant. Reine de Nuit is softer, cuddly, almost cozy, not as harsh as Lady. The patch amber combination makes the fragrance perfect.
Very helpful Review 10
The Patchouli and I
I start right away with a confession: I hate patchouli. Therefore, perfumes are to be found in which even only atklangsweise patchouli - notes in the fragrance pyramid, immediately out.
Now it wants the coincidence that I get to a perfume order a filling of "Reine de nuit" as a gift. Brav I research what awaits me: Rose (Jackpot!), Patchouli (Go no!). Carefully, I sniff the bottler. I like the scent. So I spray boldly on it.
The saffron tickles my nose pleasantly, until the rose, paired with the incense make their entrance. What can I say? The scent is the hammer! No granny - floral blanket, no squeaky-colorful teenager - fantasy. Simply an elegant, dark, beautiful rose.
Anxiously I wait for the patchouli in the base, which will ruin the beautiful fragrance experience with. He takes his time and I revel a bit more in the rose garden. Until the mood changes. The patchouli is there. I can smell it clearly and... ...it doesn't bother me at all! Quite the contrary. In fact, I find it very fitting at this point! Before my brain has even taken control of my relief, "Reine de nuit" is on the wish list.
That was yesterday at 6:00 p.m. This morning I wake up and the scent is still there, on my head pad, on my skin. The patchouli has spent the night there too, and still I don't have the urge to wash myself clean.
My perfume - prey scheme has probably expanded....
Helpful Review 7
Never say never
Why do we like something and why do we not like something... I don't like floral scents, I've known that since I became interested in perfumery. Rose, jasmine, geranium, white flowers, yellow flowers - no thanks, tuberose is a fright word at all. Some oriental rose scents with a mild oud content I like on other skins, but not on my own. You ask - why do you need to know that. To decipher the mystery how this rose scent could enchant me so much that I tested it for the first time yesterday afternoon, fell head over heels in love and bought it the same evening. I, who is normally very sceptical, usually leaves fragrances off the wish list after the 2nd testing and often (actually almost always) leaves perfumeries with a disappointed sigh "and again nothing new". And actually I wanted to test the Ombre Leather for the umpteenth time and most likely buy it. :)
And I'm sure I've had something very similar up my nose x times before... I'd like to know something... But here are some nuances that make the creamy sweetness very sensual and unbelievably feminine but not beguiling, lightly sour currant skillfully integrated and my favourite smoky-woody base rounds off the work wonderfully. Yesterday I defined for myself - a combination of Montal (sour), Narciso Rodriguez (solid woody creaminess), Calypso by Robert Piguet (both roses I find very similar) and Liquides Imaginaires Bloody Wood (sweetness). Other opinions?
Very helpful Review 5
intensive rose scent - 2019
2019 I got the opportunity to test the fragrance "Reine de Nuit" by Byredo and would like to reflect my feelings and perception to you.
In the first few minutes the "Extrait de Parfum" sticks in my nose and it tingles a lot. Of course, it's possible that I was too close to my freshly sprayed skin... i am sometimes a little impatient!
After the sneezing attack :-) I can perceive a fruity and flowery thaw. Perhaps the saffron here already provides a round fragrance experience in the top note, because I perceive the fragrance as pleasantly warm. After a good hour, a balsamic note is added, which I find very pleasant. The fragrance becomes even more harmonious for me, even though it is at the same time heavy and opulent. It is somewhat spicy and gets along without oriental, spicy force.
In fact, I can still perceive the smell in my crook of my arm the next morning (about 06:30). Much nicer, however, is the scent in my pillow, which is clearly noticeably left behind there. (Additional info: I had sprayed on the scent the evening before around 21 o'clock)

After further tests I can summarize that this perfume has a long shelf life on me/on me. I like the perfume very much because of its balsamic floral heart, which is more warm woody than resinous towards the final fragrance. I find the fragrance soothing and strengthening. Furthermore, the pyramid of scents shown above reflects my scent perception pretty much exactly, which I acquired over a total of 4 tests, at different times
Henrygnkk
Actually, I already bought another one....
I had already written a longer text in which I tell how I first bought the Oud Wood by Tom Ford, three days later discovered this fragrance here and wear nothing else since that day. I spare you that.

In short, I simply do not know any other fragrance that comes close to the attractive, almost erotic effect of this extrait. Compliments like "mega" or a casually heard "he smells so good again today" from one colleague to another are actually not uncommon. The Reine de Nuit smells just phenomenal.

Personally, I'm surprised therefore also the but quite meager rating of 7.7. I was sure that it hails here 9s and 10s only so. But taste is then just subjective.

Who stands as a man this kind of fragrance, which should access in any case.
More reviews

3 short views on the fragrance
InbnkInbnk 2 months ago
Opening with sweet blackcurrant. This like Portrait of a lady plus fruity and amber for me. Brighter sweeter and easier to use. Love both.
ScentedNekoScentedNeko 8 months ago
Very underrated fragrance. Saffron, frankincense, amber. Very deep and mysterious.
HermeshHermesh 11 months ago
Bitter fruity currant completes and deepens spicy rose. But this (and patchouli) helps the fragrance also to a certain heaviness.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo