Oud Immortel 2010 Eau de Parfum

Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
FrankincenseFrankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesBrazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood
PapyrusPapyrus
PatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMossMoss
TobaccoTobacco

Submitted by Barney, last update on 29.09.2021.

Very Unique
I have the fragrance now for almost a week with me in the collection and find him just very successful.
The fragrance is very difficult to describe but it reminds something of acqua di gio profumo but without these Zittrig notes....
Would recommend the fragrance in any case people who are new to the perfume business because it smells very unique and very complicated smells not for everyone..
Durability is so 6-8 hours price is okay ..
I would buy the fragrance again because he smells very unique.

Wayofscent
One of most wearable ouds(?) out there?
Starts very woody and sorta hay like, with prominent incensy cardamom which later turns into smoky papyrus with very light oud nuances and mossy tobacco lurking somewhere underneath!

Nice fragrance that suits my skin very well during the spring time! One of the most wearable oud fragrances I ever tried..although not sure if the term oud should be used here because it's barely recognizable.

It asted around 4 hours on my skin with nice moderate sillage.
Oud Fresh
The fragrance starts very woody-leathery, which can be interpreted in an oudy direction. Thereupon, Oud Immortel but after about an hour clearly turns into a fresher direction, which he maintains on my skin for the whole day. Overall, a beautiful fragrance that fits perfectly for me in a sunny spring day.
Sacred and Enlightened
Such a special fragrance! I just got it as a sample as part of an order and had to spray it on immediately. For me, there is something very sacred about it due to the strong perceptible presence of incense. The scent also reminds me strongly of Hywl by Aesop, which I have in my collection and have long worn as a signature scent. Both are beautiful unisex scents - I find Oud Immortel but a touch more feminine.

Un oud fácil de llevar
Fragancia perfecta si te quieres introducir en el mundo del oud. Tiene una salida fresca, a la que se incorpora la nota de oud, que nos acompañará hasta el final de la fragancia. No es un oud animálico y por tanto muy fácil de llevar. La veo perfecta para primavera verano, aunque puede utilizarse perfectamente en épocas de frío. Muy versátil.

Al rico oud
Este perfume está destinado a la gente que realmente no es amante del verdadero Oud.
Aquí puedes encontrar un Oud medicinal bastante fácil y agradable de llevar.
En algunas fases me ha recordado en un parte a la composición de aventus.
Perfume bastante versátil unisex y diría que para cualquier época del año.

Occidental Oud
I'm not a big fan of the oud. I love almost all kinds of wood except oud. This one is oud for those who don't really like oud. Very synthetic, very westernized, without the typical goatbeard smell or even the fecal smell of oud
Starts with a lot of limoncello and papyrus and goes over into the oud phase quite fast. Nothing for me but for those who absolutely must have an oud in the collection although they don't like oud, a good option. I get a bit of a headache every time I spray this fragrance on it but maybe it's just a personal thing
Brutal fruit
"Wow, what is that?! Great thing! Could be my signature scent." - So were my first impressions when I took Byredos Oud Immortel (the encore of my favorite fragrance house). This is certainly an extraordinary fragrance. Rarely, however, has an overwhelming beginning turned into the opposite for me.

It begins with an almost brutal artificial fruitiness (the limoncello?), perhaps pushed by the patchouli, although the papyrus is highlighted in the fragrance pyramid. (I have no idea what papyrus smells like.)

In any case, it remains with this beginning and this fruitiness also in the next hours. It reminds me a little of the "fragrance process" in the ripening process of a mango. I love mango, but when it is overripe, the smell in its obtrusiveness is hardly bearable.

Apart from this fruitiness, Oud Immortel ultimately offers little; the impression remains of a very loud, one-dimensional fragrance that has no development. I will probably no longer wear the scent and only store it for "study purposes", because - as I said - it is already interesting

Oud Immortel
This fragrance opens with a bright flower note to which an accord of dried grass adds an interesting nuance of smoke and hay. As this pleasant accord blooms on my skin, I am able to see the tobacco and the papyrus leaves that compose it. The floral top note is quickly engulfed by the tobacco-papyrus melange and from this moment onwards frames the composition. To me this scent is more about hay, dried flowers, mown meadows in August than about humidors, pipe smoke and the smoking rooms of a gentlemen's club. However, as the fragrance progresses there is a shift from the outside (countryside) to the inside (gentlemen's club), because it gradually morphs into the clean, purposely old-fashioned scent of expensive handmade soap. I cannot say which combination of notes is responsible for that, but the result is very nice, but ultimately rather common. I would compare this Byredo offering to Etro's Gomma, although this time I frankly prefer the Byredo.

VanAllanVanAllan 11 months ago
Wonderful immortelle (spicy-lemony-hay like) start, dusty-woody (papyrus, patchouli) middle, wrapped in light oud, incense & mossy tobacco.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Nasty lemon powders and a smoking buddhist monk. A bit medicinal, but gradually becoming beautiful high-quality soap. Good performance.
FittigerFittiger 2 years ago
I have had more compliments on this than any other I have. Oddly, I hated it the first time I tested it, but it’s now one of my favorites.
JssfranchJssfranch 5 years ago
Sexiest perfume I have smelled on someone else. I had to ask what was he wearing.

Sunny January...
by Schili
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo