Oud Immortel (2010) Eau de Parfum

Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo

Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Limoncello, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosewood, Papyrus, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Tobacco

Submitted by Barney, last update on 27.09.2019

6.0 8.0 10.0 5.0/10

Brutal fruit
"Wow, what is that?! Great thing! Could be my signature scent." - So were my first impressions when I took Byredos Oud Immortel (the encore of my favorite fragrance house). This is certainly an extraordinary fragrance. Rarely, however, has an overwhelming beginning turned into the opposite for me.

It begins with an almost brutal artificial fruitiness (the limoncello?), perhaps pushed by the patchouli, although the papyrus is highlighted in the fragrance pyramid. (I have no idea what papyrus smells like.)

In any case, it remains with this beginning and this fruitiness also in the next hours. It reminds me a little of the "fragrance process" in the ripening process of a mango. I love mango, but when it is overripe, the smell in its obtrusiveness is hardly bearable.

Apart from this fruitiness, Oud Immortel ultimately offers little; the impression remains of a very loud, one-dimensional fragrance that has no development. I will probably no longer wear the scent and only store it for "study purposes", because - as I said - it is already interesting
7.5 5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Oud Immortel
This fragrance opens with a bright flower note to which an accord of dried grass adds an interesting nuance of smoke and hay. As this pleasant accord blooms on my skin, I am able to see the tobacco and the papyrus leaves that compose it. The floral top note is quickly engulfed by the tobacco-papyrus melange and from this moment onwards frames the composition. To me this scent is more about hay, dried flowers, mown meadows in August than about humidors, pipe smoke and the smoking rooms of a gentlemen's club. However, as the fragrance progresses there is a shift from the outside (countryside) to the inside (gentlemen's club), because it gradually morphs into the clean, purposely old-fashioned scent of expensive handmade soap. I cannot say which combination of notes is responsible for that, but the result is very nice, but ultimately rather common. I would compare this Byredo offering to Etro's Gomma, although this time I frankly prefer the Byredo.

Jssfranch 3 years ago
Sexiest perfume I have smelled on someone else. I had to ask what was he wearing.+3

by 0815abc
by Schili
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Pulp by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mister Marvelous (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Seven Veils by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo