Sundazed (2019) Eau de Parfum

Sundazed (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo

Sundazed (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital.

Top Notes Top NotesCalifornian lemon, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesCotton candy, White musk

Submitted by Consens, last update on 21.11.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

Neon sun spoiled
... the scent of Byredo should actually be called. The reason for this is clear on the hand or diffuse in the nose. What is called "Californian lemon" in the fragrance pyramid is rather a euphemism for synthetic lemon. It is as glisteningly artificial as in "AB" by "Blood Concept", a fragrance that currently scores 3.6 points on Parfumo.

But fortunately this only concerns the prelude. At least only there is the citrus fruit from the retort relatively alone. A few bars later, some neroli (as you know it) and a few drops of mandarin are added.
The cotton candy is much more interesting, but no less polarizing. It actually makes Sundazed much softer and more pleasant, but it also seems a bit over-twisted and not necessarily purely natural.

However, the Californian sun or lemon still shines in the background, which is much more pleasing in the overall composition than in the individual sum of the components. So Sundazed seems to be a cheerful "good mood scent" for a long time to brighten up even the darkest days, but it doesn't quite fit into the Byredo cosmos, where traditional scents should also play a role. It's certainly a new creation, because I can't think of any direct comparisons.

I think Sundazed is more suitable for younger women than for more mature men, but of course everyone has to decide for himself.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Cotton candy cloud
Sundazed begins quite fresh, an invigorating citric prelude. The lemon harmonises wonderfully with mandarin and neroli and does not smell a bit pungent or "detergent", which often bothers me with other perfumes. Here she simply spreads freshness and good mood!
After a few minutes I sink into a fluffy, soft cloud of cotton candy, which I love so much about this fragrance. For me he embodies a lightness of life, which I am looking for again and again, especially in summer. My cotton candy cloud I smell quite constant the remaining time, and so I let myself float on it through the day.

Shelf life:
On the skin average, in the hair, where I particularly like to wear it, it lasts naturally longer (with me up to 10h).
The durability is therefore quite acceptable for me.

Sillage:
At the beginning relatively strong, after the first 2-3h I get a breath of fresh air every now and then without being pushy. How do you do?

Unicorn Pups :)
I have ordered a bottling of Byredo Sundazed because this summer I am very keen on fresh fragrances and I am looking for one that can last longer than 2 hours on my skin. So far Byredo hasn't done it with Blanche, but everyone deserves a second chance!

So, after the summer shower Sundazed hung up and waited... Pleasant freshness spread, that was already good on such a warm day. Lemon - check, Mandarin - check, Neroli - double check! I perceived everything and harmonized for myself. So far - so good!

Suddenly I was surrounded by a cosy warmth. Delicious - cotton candy! The freshness was getting less and less and I really didn't know if I should find that a pity or not... is perhaps depending on the time of day and the situation... but since I wanted to go to sleep that evening, this delicately sweet scented coat was more than okay.

I fell asleep with a good feeling and imagined that a large pink unicorn was sitting at the foot of the bed watching over my sleep, eating cotton candy and drinking a whole bottle of Fanta mandarin... and I think sometime in the night it had to fart and the smell seemed very familiar to me! :)
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Dazed, not confused
The name is carefully chosen, it has exactly that relaxed feel that you have after a day in the sun. I had not read about it before I tried it, and when read the notes description it is EXACTLY the ones I got. Citrus/mandarin, Neroli, Jasmine, some light musk and a sweet, sugery candy note, perfectly split and getting 1/6 of the attention each. It is very summery, light and pleasant.

After a few hours the citrus accords dries down a bit in favour of the musk and cotton candy. The musk is light and easy, not the dirty heavy type.

It is well made, but not in any way revolutionary, even if the cotton candy gives it a slight difference compared to other similar scents. It reminds me quite a bit of Atelier Cologne's Bergamote Soleil, but the slightly bitter tone tone in Bergamote Soleil is swapped out for sweet candy, and the musk is more airy and light in Byredos offering. I like Byredo better.

It's nice and pleaseant, great for summer and has reasonably good longevity for a summer citrus, but if you are financially interested you can find similar offerings at much better prices. Maybe without the cotton candy, but for the money you save you can buy some real cotton candy instead perhaps.

Itchynose 153 days ago
Very reminiscent of the fizzy citrus opening in Diptyque's Oyédo, replacing the slightly herbal edge with a fun but subtle cotton candy.+1
9.0

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Pulp by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mister Marvelous (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Velvet Haze by Byredo Seven Veils by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo