Sundazed 2019 Eau de Parfum

Sundazed (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo
Sundazed (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-sweet. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalifornian lemonCalifornian lemon
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroliNeroli
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesCotton candyCotton candy
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Consens, last update on 28.11.2021.

Lemon Sugar Cotton Candy Satisfaction
"Sundazed" brings light into the grey everyday life. A grainy-sweet, but never even slightly sticky summer perfume of the extra class. Delicious, light, neroli kisses cotton candy. An ode to this.

You can't say the last 18 months have been miraculously sunny and great - both felt from the weather and pandemic and social and personal. Without question, that could get you down quite a bit, even if colorful, vibrant and smelly hobbies like our fragrances have been able to help you through many an emotional "dry spell." And "Sundazed" is such a fragrance, which makes you maximally positive mood and damn good mood.

Simply and effectively, a milky musky scent with a sweet and tangy dessert attitude is burned off here that makes your mouth water. In terms of feeling, this is somewhat reminiscent of one of my all-time sun favorites "L'Humaniste" by Frapin. Or "Allure Edition Blanche" of course. Fluffy, cuddly, makes me fuzzy. A highly refined lemon cake between funfair, beach party and holiday. Nostalgia and feel-good factor squared. Suntan lotion meets Solero.

Flacon: noble and the magnetic caps have it me still angetan
Sillage: simple and shallow
Durability: 7 hours by the sugary backbone

Verdict: one of the nicest summer gourmands on the market. Unobtrusive dessert to spray on. Not cheap - but good!
Langnese Advertising 2000
Yes, I really had to think about that when I smelled Sundazed for the first time. Outdoor pool in early 2000, beautiful at the kiosk to study the menu card of Langnese and then but as usual a Capri ice cream for a mark.

Sundazed is not the usual summer sunscreen fragrance, also no Piña Colada with coconut, but a sweet lemonade that refreshes. In the opening dominate for me here the tangerine and lemon, later join neroli and cotton candy.
By the citrus can of course associations with toilet cleaners are evoked, but personally this fragrance does not remind me of it, because I smell here rather the tangerine and cotton candy herrausrieche, than the lemon.
A good comparison fragrance for Sundazed is, in my opinion, Sun Song by Louis Vuitton. For me personally, the two smell almost identical, Byredo but a little sweeter by the cotton candy and Sun Song for it more tart.

Who has a desire for a fruity, sweet, but also tangy summer fragrance, Sundazed should definitely try. All in all, a good mood fragrance
Basti87
Good mood with neroli & cotton candy
Byredo is a great brand that I always like to test. I own one with Bal D'Adrique, the best known and best seller of the house from Sweden. Grandiose, unique fragrance. The other tests were not bad, but none could really convince me. This Sundazed is for now at number 2 in my ranking, although I have by far not all tested.
The sample, which I got to a purchase has been lying around with me for a while. Some tests I have already gone through and now a comment, because it really deserves one. Rated 7.0 for a niche fragrance rather modest and this is not surprising for the fragrance type. The polarizes already and is anything but a typical Crowdpleaser. However, I find him very creative and special, just for a fresh perfume. Who is looking for a conservative summer fragrance is here out of place. Entered it is in the diagram mainly as fresh-citrus. One should not forget the cotton candy, which is very present and characterizes this fragrance. At over 82%, the ladies seem to like it quite a bit here, where it also drifts more. Who is looking for a creative and sweet fragrance as a gentleman but also not completely out of place.
The 6 notes that are given in the pyramid you also get. A pleasant zithme freshness by lemon, a light fruity note by tangerine. Neroli is blank not so well perceptible, but gets through citrus-sweet combination a very interesting touch. Cotton candy is present throughout the course, but never becomes too sticky-sweet and thus you can wear this well in the summer. Especially in the base, the fragrance becomes softer-sweeter and more cuddly. Overall, a very great scent. The start is funkier and becomes softer towards the end.
I find the performance a bit better than rated here. Good sillage over a long time. The durability is also satisfactory with many hours.

Definitely worth a test if you like fresh-sweet fragrances. The brand is not cheap, but qualitatively I find the fragrances very high quality. Also this.
MN72
Sundazed by Byredo, or how a citrus cleanser becomes a summer dream....
Admittedly, as a man, I am always a little skeptical of unisex fragrances, because for me, many of these scents go either in a masculine or feminine, very rarely in both directions.
But why do we feel that way?
Are we so polarized as children that some things are only for men and some are only for women?
Or is it the fear of being caught by other men wearing even a unisex or a women's fragrance?

I for one had an olfactory upgrade as a man, which I owe 100% to my girlfriend, because through her I ultimately landed here on Parfumo.
Thank you my dear, is really a great joint hobby we have.

But now to the fragrance itself:
Although Sundazed at the first spray quite strongly reminiscent of a citrus cleaner, I must confess that I was immediately blown away.
( for whatever reason, sometimes that is just so.)

Somehow this scent immediately triggered something in my head. Maybe it was the fresh combo of lemon and tangerine that you notice after the first spray, who knows.

On the second, third, fourth & fifth sniff it became more and more beautiful to me and I felt like I was transported back 30 years. Standing in my grandparents garden under the fruit trees,smelling the flowers and eating cotton candy while doing it.

Jasmine comes to the fore after a few minutes paired with cotton candy and the still slightly present citrus. For me, a dream of fruits, flowers & cotton candy. Not too sweet, just round and successful the part.

To the durability & sillage I can say that I Sundazed to me even after several hours still very well perceived and he is also perceived by others still.
For me here clearly underestimated in the reviews what H / S concerns.

So who is looking for a slightly sweet, at the same time fresh floral and extraordinary fragrance for himself and his partner, makes nothing wrong with Sundazed in my eyes.

So ladies and gentlemen, buy the part ;-).

See you soon
Gourmand fresh...?!
"Wow, what an amazingly good & surprising combination. I must add this one to my collection."

Those were my thoughts when I first wore the fragrance on my skin. Also the following tasting only made me crazier about Sundazed.
Especially the people around me made and still make me countless compliments.
I see it as a fresh scent, which you would like to lick off your skin at the same time. That is the fascinating thing about him.
Perfect for warmer days, pleasant, room filling without being obtrusive. Highly recommended for younger ladies.
It is a pity that many users do not share my opinion. In the beginning I expected only positive reviews and was almost disappointed to read here that the fragrance is not very well received by many.
For me definitely a very successful perfume, which I love to wear.

Neon sun spoiled
... the scent of Byredo should actually be called. The reason for this is clear on the hand or diffuse in the nose. What is called "Californian lemon" in the fragrance pyramid is rather a euphemism for synthetic lemon. It is as glisteningly artificial as in "AB" by "Blood Concept", a fragrance that currently scores 3.6 points on Parfumo.

But fortunately this only concerns the prelude. At least only there is the citrus fruit from the retort relatively alone. A few bars later, some neroli (as you know it) and a few drops of mandarin are added.
The cotton candy is much more interesting, but no less polarizing. It actually makes Sundazed much softer and more pleasant, but it also seems a bit over-twisted and not necessarily purely natural.

However, the Californian sun or lemon still shines in the background, which is much more pleasing in the overall composition than in the individual sum of the components. So Sundazed seems to be a cheerful "good mood scent" for a long time to brighten up even the darkest days, but it doesn't quite fit into the Byredo cosmos, where traditional scents should also play a role. It's certainly a new creation, because I can't think of any direct comparisons.

I think Sundazed is more suitable for younger women than for more mature men, but of course everyone has to decide for himself.
Cotton candy cloud
Sundazed begins quite fresh, an invigorating citric prelude. The lemon harmonises wonderfully with mandarin and neroli and does not smell a bit pungent or "detergent", which often bothers me with other perfumes. Here she simply spreads freshness and good mood!
After a few minutes I sink into a fluffy, soft cloud of cotton candy, which I love so much about this fragrance. For me he embodies a lightness of life, which I am looking for again and again, especially in summer. My cotton candy cloud I smell quite constant the remaining time, and so I let myself float on it through the day.

Shelf life:
On the skin average, in the hair, where I particularly like to wear it, it lasts naturally longer (with me up to 10h).
The durability is therefore quite acceptable for me.

Sillage:
At the beginning relatively strong, after the first 2-3h I get a breath of fresh air every now and then without being pushy. How do you do?
Unicorn Pups :)
I have ordered a bottling of Byredo Sundazed because this summer I am very keen on fresh fragrances and I am looking for one that can last longer than 2 hours on my skin. So far Byredo hasn't done it with Blanche, but everyone deserves a second chance!

So, after the summer shower Sundazed hung up and waited... Pleasant freshness spread, that was already good on such a warm day. Lemon - check, Mandarin - check, Neroli - double check! I perceived everything and harmonized for myself. So far - so good!

Suddenly I was surrounded by a cosy warmth. Delicious - cotton candy! The freshness was getting less and less and I really didn't know if I should find that a pity or not... is perhaps depending on the time of day and the situation... but since I wanted to go to sleep that evening, this delicately sweet scented coat was more than okay.

I fell asleep with a good feeling and imagined that a large pink unicorn was sitting at the foot of the bed watching over my sleep, eating cotton candy and drinking a whole bottle of Fanta mandarin... and I think sometime in the night it had to fart and the smell seemed very familiar to me! :)

Dazed, not confused
The name is carefully chosen, it has exactly that relaxed feel that you have after a day in the sun. I had not read about it before I tried it, and when read the notes description it is EXACTLY the ones I got. Citrus/mandarin, Neroli, Jasmine, some light musk and a sweet, sugery candy note, perfectly split and getting 1/6 of the attention each. It is very summery, light and pleasant.

After a few hours the citrus accords dries down a bit in favour of the musk and cotton candy. The musk is light and easy, not the dirty heavy type.

It is well made, but not in any way revolutionary, even if the cotton candy gives it a slight difference compared to other similar scents. It reminds me quite a bit of Atelier Cologne's Bergamote Soleil, but the slightly bitter tone tone in Bergamote Soleil is swapped out for sweet candy, and the musk is more airy and light in Byredos offering. I like Byredo better.

It's nice and pleaseant, great for summer and has reasonably good longevity for a summer citrus, but if you are financially interested you can find similar offerings at much better prices. Maybe without the cotton candy, but for the money you save you can buy some real cotton candy instead perhaps.

ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Very reminiscent of the fizzy citrus opening in Diptyque's "Oyedo", replacing the slightly herbal edge with a fun but subtle cotton candy.

by Sweetsmell75
by Aquarella
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Encens Chembur by Byredo