Mixed Emotions 2021

Mixed Emotions by Byredo
7.2 / 10 158 Ratings
Mixed Emotions is a new perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is fruity-woody. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation
Top Notes Top Notes MatéMaté BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart Notes Ceylon teaCeylon tea Violet leafViolet leaf
Base Notes Base Notes Birch woodBirch wood PapyrusPapyrus
Submitted by Morpheus1, last update on 28.11.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
5.5
Helpful Review 4
Mixed feelings
The first moment makes me think of hazmat cabinets in the chemistry lab. Alcoholic-synthetic, Meliseptol disinfection of the work surface. Aldehydidic.
Not attractive at all.
Then it smokes and smokes unpleasantly bitter and dry, it really scratches the throat.
Too wet wood probably. Or dried tea leaves.
I don't know anything about Ceylon or Mate, I prefer Darjeeling.

I can see the currant emerging from the haze.
My grandpa's black Johanna, which was always in my grandparents' fridge, smelled like this. There remains something burnt about her, though, something medicinal.
Maybe I should hold the fruit over the flame of my gas stove sometime?

Rubbing my wrists together, the warmth awakens a dusty library full of old scrolls, stored on rotten wooden shelves in a sanitized basement by the glow of a rusty kerosene lamp.

Not to be underestimated. What remains is eccentric and anything but ordinary. I wonder if I'd want to smell like this every day I have pretty mixed feelings about that

Top Review 21
Red smoky fruit tea blend
At the name Mixed Emotions I clearly get a bad feeling, because that was exactly the name of a Euro-disco pop duo in the mid-80s, which was initiated and produced by Drafi Deutscher and produced some small hits.

The music was definitely not my thing and I can hardly remember the titles, but the name has been negative for me ever since.

Byredo most likely didn't think of that, which is understandable though. Who still knows "Mixed Emotions" today? Especially on an international level? And who associates it with a questionable fragrance?

The olfactory Mixed Emotions gives accordingly from the first note the marching direction: namely, a lot of currant or possibly red fruits in a huge teapot with smoky pieces of wood in it. In between, a fresh citrus signal right at the beginning, which fades away in no time. That's it ... no more and no less.

Inevitably, you ask yourself the question of whether this is really as artificial as it comes across and how big the headache factor is.

I'll admit that when I first sprayed this on for the very first time a few weeks ago, I was a little smitten. But during yesterday's Intensive Testing, the sweetish-fruity-tea-like aroma got on my nerves in record time - probably just like the pop duo at the time. And headache I got as well - and that is clearly due to the Eau de Parfum and not to other circumstances.

Still living fans of the duo probably already have the fragrance on the watch list or in the collection ... and fans of smoky red fruit tea or currant drops may already rub their hands in pleasure. Everyone else better not play with their feelings and think hard about whether they actually need to know everything.
Very helpful Review 11
Currant candy in a bottle
By the name Mixed Emotions my expectation of the fragrance was misguided: I suspected something habituation-needy, rich in contrast.
In addition, the fragrance is inspired by the Corona and the hehren and depths of the last year, and the feeling when unfamiliar and familiar collide. So I was very excited.

To my surprise, the scent is sweet, poppy, candy-like and currant and synthetic right from the opening. A bit teaier as it progresses, even if the scent remains quite monotonous in the drydown. The contained currant is not a fresh currant, but rather ripe and full-mouthed.
Although the fragrance is declared as a unisex fragrance, however, I feel the as feminine.
The shelf life is fine, with me about 6-8 hours.

I personally find the fragrance itself quite nice, it reminds me of a lighter version of Bibliothèque. However, he is not quite so extraordinary, therefore he
me not around ;)

I have made a review on Youtube, if someone would rather look.

off-putting.... or not?
Not sure about this one. I have official sample now and it's wonky. Opening is more raspberries than blackcurrant to me. Tea is there and a lot. Also some dark tar vibe. Like hot asphalt almost. Very odd release. Yet here we are, I still I want to sniff it a bit more. Very unexpected and name fits the bill perfectly.
4.5
Less helpful Review 3
Artificial Grain
I received this fragrance as a sample to an order and find it really repulsive sweet and artificial. But it has good longevity which is rather a bad thing in my case. He also has a great headache potential if you overdo it. For me, no recommendation to the women who want to buy this fragrance from the men's point of view

2 short views on the fragrance
PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 2 years ago
contradiction in a bottle. Mate mixed with tar makes very strange combination. Not an easy wear. It's like you are about to get a headache
MariaSMariaS 2 years ago
Not mixed emotions... Sour emotions! Where does this sourness comes from?

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Slow Dance by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo