Slow Dance 2019

Slow Dance by Byredo
7.6 / 10 148 Ratings
Slow Dance is a popular perfume by Byredo for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-resinous. It is being marketed by Manzanita Capital. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes OpoponaxOpoponax
Heart Notes Heart Notes GeraniumGeranium LabdanumLabdanum VioletViolet
Base Notes Base Notes VanillaVanilla PatchouliPatchouli

Perfumers

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.01.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Helpful Review 16
It's funny how I find myself in love with you
I had ordered a backup bottle of Besos, mine was nearing the end.
The nice online perfumery included 2 Byredo samples, Slow Dance and Inflorescence.
Just now I was packing a perfume package, I don't remember if it was for ebay or parfumo.
Anyway, the samples came as an addition as called.
Something inside me murmured to me, "At least test them" Alright.
Slow Dance on one wrist, Inflorescence on the other.
Slow Dance I notice more strongly from the start. I sniff around on my wrist.
Kind of interesting already. My inner voice says, "Okay, interesting. But you would never wear it, would you?" Me: "NEVER!!!"
Inflorescence smells quite nice. By the way, I had already included both samples in the fragrance package.
All of you know what's coming next. Again and again Slow Dance blows into my nose, the nose wanders again to the wrist. To my inner voice, I sheepishly concede that I might wear this after all ...
O.k., the recipient of the package doesn't know what I had in mind. Inflorescence gets to stay, but Slow Dance stays with me, sorry. I have to test it again all day (another sample goes into the package instead).
Oh, this one is kind of nice, though! I haven't read any scent description or notes yet and I smell raspberry, rose, vanilla, something like incense and leather, it's sweet but not too sweet and just melt-in-your-mouth.
I tested it all day long. Then it was clear that I had to have it. Cheap offer found, struck - et voilà.
This fragrance makes me feel at home in a strange way.
I have (too) many perfumes and use them yet quite varied. But at some point grabs me again the longing for Slow Dance.
It's very me - better I can not say it.
Helpful Review 15
The geranium and the leather jacket
Maybe I am alone with this peculiarity, but it happens more and more often that I choose my fragrance depending on the material of my clothes of the day. So there are my favourites for silk blouses (Molecule 01, Etro Musk), there's my cashmere team (Amour by Kenzo, Abel odors Cobalt Amber, Frederic malles Dries van Noten,...), white shirt scents (Infusion d'Iris, Ambrette 9) and of course people who move between worlds, sometimes here, sometimes there. And then there is the leather jacket team. And Molecule 234.38 together with Slow Dance (ideally layered) is at the top of my list here at the moment. I LOVE the combination of these scents together with the inherent smell of my suede jacket. The crunching sound with every movement of my arms, plus maybe the delicate mint scent of a chewing gum pack from my jacket pocket...and all this with a cold autumn wind in my hair...this combination makes me wishful thinking. SlowDance starts (for me) amazingly sweet. But not sugary, not tasty, not like something edible. Rather cool sweet, abstract and somehow from the beginning ....cool. Just like my leather jacket. The geranium gives the first course something grassy and moist and somehow classic together with the violet. And then the labdanum, the skin-tight warm vanilla, the light and not at all earthy patchouli touch. Now this Byredo becomes really cuddly, soft and cosy without losing its coolness. But what blows my mind most is its ability to be reactivated by water. I like to spray perfume on the back of my neck. Preferably on the lower hairline. Every time I take a shower, I am met by an enchanting scent, a vanilla, resinous breeze that I would like to make my signature.
Very helpful Review 12
The cuddly one with slightly sacral impact
In the first moment he reminds me of incense but with creamy character, then he becomes floral - no that's the wrong word, rather softer and rounder, the often piercing of incense is completely missing and that's good, is rather so slow motion. I think he also has something sweet but not candy sweet rather such a fine floral-sweet, unusually new, different but very flattering for my pampered nose. Violets, vanilla and patchouli for a mixture - very beautiful. After about 1 hour he has something comfortably warm, you might think some cannabis smells you out. Nothing with Peace and so on.No I like the mixture after 2-3 hours really well, fits perfectly into autumn. A fiery Tango with close body contact that fits now or in the evening with the dearest one cuddled in the blanket and look deep into the eyes and let yourself fall into these so trusting arms. It remains very body-hugging, no loud Kracher but a quiet whisperer. There are two sizes to choose from, I think he will quickly find his lover - rightly so!

1 short view on the fragrance
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Vanilla, labdanum and geranium: sweet, soft and fluffy like swimming in marshmallow milkshake. Unisex leaning feminine; pleasant and smooth.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Popular by Byredo

Bal d'Afrique (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose of No Man's Land (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo La Tulipe (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Gypsy Water (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Mojave Ghost (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Young Rose by Byredo Night Veils - Reine de Nuit by Byredo Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Baudelaire by Byredo Black Saffron (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Night Veils - Casablanca Lily by Byredo Accord Oud by Byredo Inflorescence by Byredo Oud Immortel (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Bibliothèque (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo 1996 - Inez & Vinoodh (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Blanche (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Rose Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Eleventh Hour (Eau de Parfum) by Byredo Super Cedar by Byredo