301 - Mr. Hulot's Holiday 2004

301 - Mr. Hulot's Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume
301 - Mr. Hulot's Holiday is a perfume by CB I Hate Perfume for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is leathery-aquatic. It is still in production.

Sea breeze, Driftwood, Kelp, Leather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.09.2018.

This fragrance was apparently inspired by the same-titled film.

PBullFriend
smell of a plastic ocean
The notes here sound quite beautiful. I know it's possible to capture a lovely driftwood smell, as Olivia Giacobetti does such a beautiful job of it with Andree Putman Preparation Parfumee. It's more of a challenge to capture a realistic ocean scent, but Celine Ellena and Lyn Harris have done a fine job of it (with The Different Company Sel de Vetiver and Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel, respectively). Christopher Brosius has certainly done some lovely scents, so perhaps it's the attempt to add "old leather" and "suitcase" that gums this up so badly? Usually, when I don't like his scents, they are at least interesting. This is not.

This is an awful scent. Generic fake ocean with a strong and unnecessary floral aspect. I've smelled many cheap room sprays that were significantly more pleasant than this. I like perfumes that make literary or cinematic references, but the execution here does not match the idea.

Popular CB I Hate Perfume

#205 7 Billion Hearts by CB I Hate Perfume #101 At The Beach 1966 by CB I Hate Perfume #403 M3 November by CB I Hate Perfume #305 Burning Leaves by CB I Hate Perfume 104 - Greenbriar 1968 by CB I Hate Perfume 2nd Alan Cumming by CB I Hate Perfume #402 M2 Black March by CB I Hate Perfume #704 Wild Hunt/Forest by CB I Hate Perfume #105 I am a Dandelion by CB I Hate Perfume #607 Lavender Tea by CB I Hate Perfume #212 AmBrosius by CB I Hate Perfume 306 - In the Library by CB I Hate Perfume #302 Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume #710 Revelation by CB I Hate Perfume #069 Wet Pavement London by CB I Hate Perfume #405 M5 Where We Are There Is No Here by CB I Hate Perfume #703 Fire from Heaven / Smoke by CB I Hate Perfume #106 Invisible Monster by CB I Hate Perfume #606 Cedarwood Tea by CB I Hate Perfume #604 Just Breathe by CB I Hate Perfume