#306 In the Library 2005

#306 In the Library by CB I Hate Perfume
#306 In the Library is a perfume by CB I Hate Perfume for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is leathery-woody. It is still in production.

Aged paper, Russian leather, Morocco leather, Wood wax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.06.2020.

Paper cakes
In the Library by CB I Hate Perfume opens with a milky, musky-soapy blend stuffed with vanillin and spicy-floral hints (the floral here is on the heliotrope side, quite dusty), with something that reminds me in fact of paper, but nothing romantically “antique”, though: rather plain cellulose you can smell by opening any new book in any bookshop. The clean, industrial, slightly lactonic-sweet smell of plain polished paper. If you like that, then this works; just don’t expect the (quite more fascinating) dusty-vanillic and slightly moldy smell of aged paper. That’s it for a while, I don’t really get any leather or wood out of this (well, perhaps some wood), as it feels decidedly more milky-soapy and “white” sweet on my skin. Then, the drydown: it all slowly morphs into a stinky and quite unrelated broth half-roasted (oh hello leather!) half sweetish, which kind of smells like a cake in the oven. Made of cellulose, perhaps. Out of the library, straight into a class of particularly clumsy aspiring pastry chefs. To each his own, though: I find this pointless, but give it a try.

5,5/10

Popular CB I Hate Perfume

#205 7 Billion Hearts by CB I Hate Perfume #101 At The Beach 1966 by CB I Hate Perfume #305 Burning Leaves by CB I Hate Perfume #402 M2 Black March by CB I Hate Perfume #403 M3 November by CB I Hate Perfume #104 Greenbriar 1968 by CB I Hate Perfume #301 Mr. Hulot's Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume #704 Wild Hunt/Forest by CB I Hate Perfume #105 I am a Dandelion by CB I Hate Perfume #607 Lavender Tea by CB I Hate Perfume 2nd Alan Cumming by CB I Hate Perfume #204 Tea/Rose by CB I Hate Perfume #302 Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume #710 Revelation by CB I Hate Perfume #451 Smoky Tobacco by CB I Hate Perfume #106 Invisible Monster by CB I Hate Perfume #069 Wet Pavement London by CB I Hate Perfume #405 M5 Where We Are There Is No Here by CB I Hate Perfume #703 Fire from Heaven / Smoke by CB I Hate Perfume #203 Violet Empire by CB I Hate Perfume