#205 7 Billion Hearts 2012

#205 7 Billion Hearts by CB I Hate Perfume
#205 7 Billion Hearts is a popular perfume by CB I Hate Perfume for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-resinous. It is still in production.

Resinous notes, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.07.2019.

Intoxicating smoky vanilla
About 2 years ago I read an interview with Christopher Brosius at Cafleurebon. About 7 Billion Hearts he said: "That perfume was actually inspired by a whiff I had several years ago of an original bottle of Shalimar which dated back to the early 20’s. It was gorgeous and I thought well this is how a vanilla perfume should smell".

First of all I love Shalimar and I love the smokiness of the older versions. So from that day I was dying to try 7BH and the moment I tried it I wasn't disappointed. Imho he succeeded big time in capturing the intoxicating first whiff I get from the vintage versions (although I never smelled the very first version).

The opening is somewhat musty (even faintly like mushrooms) and medicinal (I can see that this easily could be perceived as synthetic), but 7BH settles down into a warm, dark, sweet (but not too sweet), intoxicating, smoky and somewhat lineair vanilla. However, it is somewhat quirky and I can definitely understand why this would be a love/ hate perfume. I wouldn't recommend blind buying.

I for one think CB is a genius making these minimalistic and high quality scents as they actually stir my emotions. I adore 7 Billion Hearts and I would love to own a bottle of the water perfume. I think it's insanely expensive though, but I can see myself buying a bottle in the future. Or even better: receive it as a gift....

Sultry & Unique
7 Billion opens with the strong medicinal smell of amber that dissapates after a few minutes. The composition is very resinous along with tonka bean and vanilla. There is a smokey, leathery vibe to this as well. I adore this scent somehow, even though it isn't typical of what I generally go for. Like most of the CB Perfumes I've tried, this one sits close and doesn't project in a big way. This scent is at it's best on a warm day when the resins and vanilla blossom on the skin.

Popular CB I Hate Perfume

#101 At The Beach 1966 by CB I Hate Perfume #305 Burning Leaves by CB I Hate Perfume #402 M2 Black March by CB I Hate Perfume #403 M3 November by CB I Hate Perfume 104 - Greenbriar 1968 by CB I Hate Perfume 301 - Mr. Hulot's Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume #704 Wild Hunt/Forest by CB I Hate Perfume #105 I am a Dandelion by CB I Hate Perfume #607 Lavender Tea by CB I Hate Perfume 2nd Alan Cumming by CB I Hate Perfume #204 Tea/Rose by CB I Hate Perfume 306 - In the Library by CB I Hate Perfume #302 Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume #710 Revelation by CB I Hate Perfume #106 Invisible Monster by CB I Hate Perfume #069 Wet Pavement London by CB I Hate Perfume #405 M5 Where We Are There Is No Here by CB I Hate Perfume #703 Fire from Heaven / Smoke by CB I Hate Perfume #203 Violet Empire by CB I Hate Perfume #212 AmBrosius by CB I Hate Perfume