Anaïs Anaïs (1978)

Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel
Bottle Design: Annegret Beier
Anaïs Anaïs (Cacharel)

Anaïs Anaïs is a perfume by Cacharel for women and was released in 1978. The scent is floral-powdery. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Hyacinth, Lavender, Lily, Blackcurrant, Lemon, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Honeysuckle, Iris, Orris root, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orange blossom, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Leather, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Frankincense, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.01.2019

With Anaïs Anaïs, Cacharel heralded the start of the era of white flower scents in the late 1970s. The floral chypre is one of the most prominent and most-sold scents today.

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Scent 3.0/10
Please an Aspirin
Unfortunately Anaïs Anaïs smells for me from front to back like the bouquets of flowers, which one quickly dumps into an unused adjoining room. Stunning, dangerous for headaches. If it's in the air, you can't cook, you can't think, you can't sleep. I suppose it's the lily that penetrates the ether unchecked. Other notes or subtleties are unfortunately lost for me
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Forever young
Anais Anais was the signature scent of my girlfriend and therefore I never wore it back in the 80s. That would have been about as if I had made her a guy abspenstig and both was absolutely taboo for me. At that time we were on the road together almost every weekend, making the discos and dance halls in the area unsafe. The permed hair was additionally puffed up and concreted with hair spray, make-up was not saved (why also), quite the opposite and our outfits were partly more than adventurous. Some of these creations we have sewn ourselves and so styled today would not even dare to carnival one or the other from the house. It was all different in the '80s. There was no "too much" at all - it was loud, shrill, colorful and it could be a bit "more" of everything.

I always remembered Anais Anais as a little girlish and innocent, but that's absolutely not true, as I found when testing my vintage sweetheart. For my sensation AA radiates a subliminal, lascivious eroticism and this also reflects exactly my girlfriend - an innocent-looking child woman, who had it faustdick behind the ears, a real Lolita.

AA starts with citric notes and is followed by a grandiose floral firework. I can smell hyacinths, lilies of the valley and jasmine. The tuberose holds itself back very elegantly and proves to be an excellent team player in this composition. I can still sniff out a little spicy carnation and powdery iris, but that was it. This wealth of blossoms overtaxes my nose after all.

After about 2 to 2.5 hours moss, wood, musk and patchouli join the flowers and AA gains more and more depth. The bouquet of flowers recedes, but still remains present in the background. The shelf life of about 8 hours is completely in order and I also have nothing to complain about the silage.

The new, reformulated version of AA, which also complains about L'Orginal, has nothing in common with the vintage version. The original version is so opulent that the flowers almost clap around your ears. The innocent white-flowered herons sweep out their unbridled, wild side and exude pure eroticism, albeit in an innocent way, very subliminal and softly drawn, like David Hamilton's pictures. The new AA is a banal, lame, lukewarm little water that doesn't lure a dog out behind the stove.

The 80's are long since history and the wild party lioness I was at that time doesn't exist anymore for a long time, but I like to think back to that time. We were so young, so carefree, everything seemed possible. Many dreams have fallen by the wayside, life and responsibility for the family etc. have paid their tribute .... but we stay, just like Anais Anais, "Forever young", at least in the heart.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Anaïlator...
There's this girl.
She's in her early twenties.
She dresses in white frocks and flowery shawls, and she always lowers her eyes when addressed.
She looks so innocent and fragile, that all you wanna do is treat her like a goddess, and put her on a pedestal and as far from harm's way as possible.
OK, and have sex with her at some point, but only in the most romantic way.
So you are flirting her persistently and you are absolutely enthralled by her cute, shy reactions and her adorable blushing.
But when you finally get her to bed, ready to be as poetic a lover as possible, you're in for the surprise of your life.
Cause this beauty may have never be with a man before, but she has secretly read every dirty book imagined.
Again... And again... And Again...
And she has conned all explicit details in them.
And she's more than eager to test every single one of them in vivo.
And you were lucky(?) enough to cross her path.
Cause she was looking for a guinea pig.
And that's exactly what you shall be.
Again... And again... And again...
Morning will find you either unconscious or begging for mercy...
You'll find none.
Guinea pigs are expendable after all.
You'll never look at innocence the same way again, given that you'll survive her.
Be careful of Anaïs Anaïs...
Be extra careful of girls wearing it...
They're most likely tigers in flimsy cages.
You're most likely their unsuspecting prey...
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
After the show
Anais Anais! Sweet name, repeated twice as if to make us remember you.
Anais Anais! White and delicate like a balerina, waving her arms like the wings of a swan. You are pure in your sparkling white tutu and you spin and fly lightly in the air, and mesmerize me with the swift motion and the glittery lids and perfect make up for the stage. Are you the White Swan or maybe the Saint-Saens ' swan ? The short moments when you dance up there, you seem brighter than the limelights and then, still dreaming of you, I wait outside the theatre to see you exiting. And my wait is rewarded by an unrecognizable silouette, pale and thin, with no glitter and sparkle, trying to find her way through the rainy night. Was it your swan song, Anais Anais , or has it just been my imagination?

This perfume-in the Eau de Parfum version- was one of my favorites in the early 1980. The new release in 2005, is so different , so lifeless that it took me a long time to find the right words to describe it.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
A Prissy, Pretty and Puritanical Floral
This is a dry floral with full on hyacinth, lavender and lily notes. Puritanical and widely accepted as the perfect scent for high senior Prom Queens and popular girls. That is, unfortunately due to the overwhelming popularity during the late 80s of this scent. In my Prep school girls were generally adhering to one of 4 female archetypes- the jolly mother hen, the punk rocker/rebel/outcast misfits, The wanton fair young virgin and the athletic/tough chicks- this fragrance seemed very popular with both the mother hen and the wanton fair young virgin crowds. I fell in another group, I'll leave that for another time, my signature scents were Chanel No. 5, Fendi and Gucci No.3. Back to my main point, this fragrance is still a classic daytime floral, long lasting and unforgettable. Though I can't stand it on my on skin, I can readily recognize it on others and it is not an unpleasant crisp floral scent at all. Perhaps, it is just my personally memories and associations which have biased me, but I can't help but recall harsh early morning History Lectures, chronic Strep throat and lousy institutional oatmeal and toast breakfasts followed by the appearance of freshly Preppy "day commuter students" filled with privilege and what I imagined to be joyful parents whipping up flying magical blueberry pancakes...o.k. turns out none of that was real. But still Anaïs Anaïs comes across as cold, crisp Hyacinth and lily scent with a loud cheerleader center of jasmine, honeysuckle and Rose. Finished with a stoic oakmoss, vetiver and cedar base pressed and starched ladies attire ready to face the day and I certainly have never been, so it never fit my personality or taste. Having said that, if you enjoy the powerhouse fragrances of the 80s, this should be on your list to test as it is an undeniable classic.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Generic and Girlish
I loved this fragrance when I was thirteen or so, and that seems to be the age of girl it suits. I put some on periodically, and I just don't enjoy it anymore. It's not a bad fragrance or anything. It smells pleasant, albeit a little bland and lacking depth. I know other notes are listed, but to me it's just a watery powdery floral. If you’re a girl under the age of seventeen, this will likely appeal to you and smell perfectly appropriate, but I've outgrown this.
Anais Anais
When I was in high school there was a girl in my dramatic arts class who wore this. It smelled completely intoxicating on her. When she mentioned the name of it one day, I never forgot and that was over 20 years ago! That's got to say something about this fragrance. Easily one of my favorite perfumes on a lady!
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Powdered daisys
I thought this was a little too overpowering and powdery for my liking. Not something that I can imagine appealing to me at any age. I wouldn't describe Anais Anais as being powdery and heavy like Chanel No.5, but rather a sourish floral scent. This however has great lasting power. I'm also not a fan of the bottle. They should have made a new bottle design since the original has been around for nearly 40 years.

Update:
I decided to give this another try to see whether my opinions might have changed. At first spray I realised why I didn't like it, it smelt rather like the weeds that are so common in Australian fields. It was greenish and sour. However, the drydown of this fragrance which I'd previously missed was rather likable. It wasn't unique in any way, but was rather soapy, powdery and fresh. Still not my cup of tea but not as bad as I previously thought.

Jazzy76 12 months ago
A myth,with its rich and apparently perfect bouquet that smells good on the paper strip ...but not on my skin ! :'-(+1
Bottle 5.0

by BadKat
by BadKat
by Tüdellütti
by Tüdellütti
Vorm Verkauf nochmal aufs Rhabarberblatt gebettet :-)
by Seejungfrau
by EvaK
by Scheeheratze
by Scheeheratze
by Somebody
Der linke Mini hat meine Sammlung gegründet, der rechte kam erst 8 Jahre später dazu.
by Florblanca
by Romy1050
by Inse
by Inse

Popular Cacharel

Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Eden by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Liberté by Cacharel Scarlett by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Promesse by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor In a Flash by Cacharel Amor Amor L'Eau by Cacharel Eau d'Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Catch… Me by Cacharel Amor pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel