Anaïs Anaïs L'Original 2014 Eau de Toilette

Anaïs Anaïs L'Original (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel
Anaïs Anaïs L'Original (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Cacharel for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesHyacinthHyacinth
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilyLily
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
JasmineJasmine
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
MossMoss
SandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk
Blackcurrant absoluteBlackcurrant absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 12.09.2021.

tamed explosive anais
The Ur Anais in the 70s I received as a gift from my Ma - and I loved this fragrance - although it was actually still a size too big for me - because Anais is not a teen fragrance.

Sensuality and eroticism inherent in this multi-faceted fragrance - attributes that I could not yet fill with my young years .

But this mysterious fragrance drew me under its spell.
And the spell is not yet broken, as I found today at a new tasting, delighted.

The Femme Fatale attitude is still present - although no longer as offensive as then - but more subtle - more mysterious.

The hyacinth is no soft pedal and is beguilingly seductive.
Rose and Ylang also emphasize the feminine of the wearer - freely according to the motto : And ewig lockt das Weib.

The fingerprint of Anais Nin is recognizable - which caused a sensation with erotic literature.

But through the lovely lily of the valley and the green honeysuckle the fragrance gets a touch of romance.
Vetiver and moss provide softness, and sandal nestles - proximity mixed with a dash of sex appeal.

The new l original is still an explosive blend that I love to wear.

A fragrance that does not immediately reveal itself - but still resonates for a long time.

Music : Love is a stranger by The Eurythmics

Deluxe Baby Powder
First of all, I want to promise you that I won't be blaspheming again. Just a little...
Today, determined to get to know a legend, I spent twenty euros for the 30ml legend. My sip of luck.
I had already taken a test sprayer home last week, admittedly on a white paper strip and Anaïs really stood better than me.
I was very enthusiastic and somehow still am, of top note and heart note. I was not able to get to know the base note because of the lack of body heat on the strip.
Let's get back to the beginning: I liked the beautiful white bottle with the veiling pink flowers. Something like this would look good on a dainty white dressing table, with a vase of white lilies and golden pink brocade wallpaper behind...Dame Blanche, wrapped in silky flowing robes, enters the light-flooded room to the morning toilet, strokes her hair with a goat hair brush, powders her nose and dabs Anaïs on her wrists...
My mood picture confirms me, Edda32, jeans, sneakers, parka in the local Karstadt...when I release the first sprayer of Anaïs...
Very delicate, bright, flowery, but also a little peppery freshness, as if someone were holding a bouquet of hyacinths that have just blossomed in the fresh morning air under his nose 'Smell this!......aaaaaah!'
Top note pleases!
Soon, however, this person approaches with further samples from the early blossoming offer. More and more and more and more and more and more flowers...
Hyacinths! Take this!
Lily of the valley! Take this!
Roses! Take this!
Suddenly I notice that the Anaïsfee with the dressing table has a Mirelle-Matthieu hairstyle. The dew on the flowers dries off, a little dull jasmine comes through and some trendy plants of the 70s...Ylang-ylang and is that Patchouli?..almost groovy....
On the way home I sniff again and again at my paper strip....aaaah interesting...a wonderful soap. This floweriness, nevertheless without heaviness...I also perceive some sharpness...

Only today, after my purchase and the real test wearing on the body, do I get to know the true Anaïs. She has a dark, musty secret, a corpse in the cellar....moss, musk and ylangylang prepare the cornucopia of spring for the end.
On the skin every freshness disappears, it smells a bit like the generous baby powder donation of my grandmother to the birth of my first child. A lush bouquet of roses and lilies thickly powdered white....

If I could wish for something from the Anaïsfee, it would be a little more vetiver in the base and less dark notes.
I still think that this is a coherent scent. I don't know the much praised original, but for me this version also transports a touch of the seventies. Fine, but my type lacks clarity and freshness. It just doesn't look good on me. Oh, too bad...

Lily of the Bog
Even though the box says L'Original, I must have the new formulation and either my particular bottle or this particular batch contains that unfortunate hyacinth that to me has the vegetal smell of flowers decaying in a swamp. Halston's Catalyst similarly revolted my nose. Add Lily-of-Valley, the other note that can make me gag, and Anaïs Anaïs for me goes so wrong that if all other perfumes vanished from the face of the earth, I'd just have to go without scent, rather than smell like this. At least now I know for sure that whenever I see hyacinth, narcissus and/or Lily of the Valley among a perfume's notes, I need to proceed with extreme caution because chances are I will find it putrid beyond belief as in this case--and, for instance, Liz Claiborne--or it will be a skillfully rendered masterpiece, as in Van Cleef & Arpels' First, Chanel No. 19, or my new love, Rodin by Olio Lusso. It's as if these three are near-magical ingredients that must be respected. Too much and you get a smelly frog. Let some wizard of a designer mix them and, oh my, there's the prince.

TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Heavier on the hyacinth and lighter on the lily.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
It smells good, ok, clean and soft , but it's a pale memory of its" big Brother"vintage containing many different notes in a complex accord

by TIA1971
by TIA1971
by Pluto
by Pluto
Cacharel - Anaïs Anaïs . 05|2018
by Lola1997

Popular Cacharel

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel Yes I Am by Cacharel Loulou (Parfum) by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Eden by Cacharel Liberté by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Amor Amor In A Flash by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Electric Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Loulou Blue by Cacharel Noa Summer Edition 2012 by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Amor Amor L'Eau by Cacharel