Cacharel pour L'Homme (1981) Eau de Toilette

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel
Bottle Design: Annegret Beier

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Cacharel for men and was released in 1981. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Gerard Goupy

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Clary sage, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Carnation, Geranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Fir, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.07.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Very helpful Review
Not a twin fragrance but still a beautiful find
Due to the recommendation here in the forum I bought this perfume without having tested it before. It should be a fragrance twin of my favorite perfume Cycle by Otto Kern. I'm afraid I can't share that impression. Nevertheless, I like Cacharel pour L'Homme very much.

The opening is very citric with a hint of geranium, a suede note and a lot of white soap. A soap that smells strongly of nutmeg.
After about 20 minutes the geranium disappears and the citric, the vetiver, the suede as well as various woods take over the command, until the scent finally fades away after 4-6 hours.

I rate the Sillage and the durability as mediocre. In my opinion the perfume is a bit "old school" and fits best for a man from the age of 30 (so to me ;-) )
7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Minigolf
Spicy country air meets urban elegance
"Cacharel pour L'Homme" Once again a fragrance that makes it very difficult for me to describe it in all its facets.
But there's one thing about him: he's extraordinary. And two: recognizable. Also third: Characterful.
As far as the latter is concerned, this character is extremely complex. Most likely to be compared to a lovable owl. With a slight tendency towards the quirky, very intelligent, with a fine sense of humour that sometimes tends towards the slightly black, English.
Likes to live in the country with all its spicy, green and flowery scents coming from forests and meadows.
But he often goes to the city to take advantage of its amenities, go shopping, look at the displays, buy little... But when something is bought, then it is of exquisite quality, is "elegant" and not mass-produced.
And both, the "country life" and the "urban-elegant" unite this smell in itself. Also the intelligent quirkiness.
Sage, citrus and warm flowers, mainly "proud" carnations compete for the "favour" of the "wooden" fragrances such as mosses and conifers.
"Elegant" is the scent of senen breath of rose, ylang ylang and vetyver.
Cacharel pour L'Homme" derives its "weirdness" from the pert mixture of fragrances.
Sometimes one is "above" sometimes the other is "below", alternating with each other without knowing beforehand how the next "breeze of fragrance" will turn out. Everything in the original, and yet again different from each other. And one thing belongs to another. City and country, lake and steppe, valley and mountains Elegance and casualness... and... and... and.... and.
6.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Cacharel pour L'Homme
This was a superb find !!! My first bottle was back in 1999, and I was delighted to wear it yet at that age(24yrs) I didn't have the right suave element to go along with such a gentleman's fragrance, well 20yrs later I'm there now, lol. If you are rough around the edges this fragrance smooths you out, and you might even wear a top-hot. Although I wish they carried the concentration in Eau De Parfum they toilette holds it's own. The uniqueness of this fragrance for me makes it a gentleman's classic .
6.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

SchatzSucher
"You go right back to the shower!
These words are still ringing in my ears...
And no, this is not gonna be a tear. Because I love Cacharel pour l'Homme very much
It was 1995, I had been together with my boyfriend for a while, but didn't live together. I was always in favour of separate apartments. But that's just by the way.
Anyway, I was with him again in the evening and stayed spontaneously over night. I had things to change with me but I hadn't thought of a fragrance.
As my friend was already a very strong scent nose at that time, there was a really well equipped scent department in the bathroom, which would have competed with any perfumery.
I came out of the shower in the morning, took Fahrenheit and when I came to the breakfast table I heard the words: 'Pooh, what did you take? That smells like petrol pump 3, brand Trecker!'
Oh dear, Fahrenheit didn't suit me. A really unpleasant petrol note spread. I suddenly didn't like it anymore either.
I was kind but certainly asked to go to the bathroom again. But I was happy to comply. Another short shower, away with the gasoline smell (I was also only thrifty with it) and this time the look fell on Cacharel pour l'Homme.
That's a whole different caliber, though. Let's see if that's more benevolent. Oh yes and how...
People came closer and closer to me and the corners of my mouth went up on their own.
Say, that's the Cacharel. I can't believe he smells so good on you. I was about to part with him.'
What can I say, the almost full bottle belonged to me from then on and since then it has been an integral part of my collection.
Right now in autumn I like to wear it.
I love the eye-catching lemon, combined with lavender and sage, which together form a beautiful powerful start. In addition, beautiful warm flowery accents are added, which were so beautifully worked in, however, that the smell is not too gambled away.
Carnation is the clearest to smell as it is a classic flower (evil tongues would say old-fashioned) and is very good in this classic scent.
And I notice this wonderfully spicy nutmeg note. Nutmeg is not listed, but is clearly present and makes the fragrance wonderfully refined.
Later it will be a little green, woody, woodsy, tannic, mossy, delicious.
I feel immediately transferred to a forest, on a cool but sunny day, with a checked shirt, coarse jeans and comfortable boots, go for a walk and enjoy the wonderful forest air.
These sensations are caused by aspects of fir, cedar and oak moss, caught by some amber and musk (just a hint so that the base does not become too strict) A clear course is actually to be recognized, everything seems beautifully balanced.
I'm completely comfortable with Cacharel pour l'Homme. The whole pleasure lasts about 6 hours, in the first hour the fragrance radiates very well, but does not kill, so it is also recommended in the office. In the spare time as well, in the evening I have often worn it.

In my opinion, it is somewhat out of the scope of the very opulent 80s, as it is a bit more reserved in comparison to the other crackers à la Kouros, Antaeus and other fragrances. I'd rather have put him in the '50s or '60s.
But if you like it woody-moosy-woodsy with citric and slightly flowery aspects, you can take it without hesitation. It is often quite affordable to have.
The bottle is kept very simple, but fits to the overall impression, has a little bit of a flask. The stupid plastic lid is disturbing, it doesn't fit at all and looks a bit cheap. And the spray head is also not the yellow of the egg, it likes to go off.
But otherwise I absolutely can't complain about the fragrance.
He has also survived one or two adaptations and revisions well. One recognizes it still, perhaps it may have held in former times somewhat longer. Other fragrances were processed much less sensitively.

I've been separated from my boyfriend for a long time, but I'm very grateful that I got the wonderful scent from him.

MasterLi
Unique... Nutmeg, Fresh Flowers & Citrus!
Well, what a journey! Cacharel pour Homme is certainly a unique one! I don't think I have ever smelled something like it before, whether designer or niche.

It is a composition based around Nutmeg and Citrus. When I tried it for the first time I thought it smelled "weird" and too unusual for me. Like an old anitque bookshop or a car repair garage. It had a smell of old rusty metal and dust. But I talked to a few people who love it and wore it, and I started to appreciate it more. Basically, this is a unique, refined, very elegant scent. But you need to appreciate it. It strikes me as very refined, like a "gentleman's" smell. I mean old fashioned gentleman with nice clothes and hat and stick. Like Sherlock Holmes. Actually it also reminds me of the smell of clothes a little. Like when you are in the back of a vintage clothes shop and you can smell all the material, like the wool and fabric. Gentlemen's winter coats and ladies fur coats. But, I tested it again with an open mind, and I started to appreciate it more.

The combination is mainly between nutmeg and bergamot. The rest of the notes play a part to support these two main ones. So for me all the herbs like lavender and sage etc come together to help the bergamot, along with vetiver and musk, carnation, lilly-of-the-valley, ylang-ylang & sandalwood etc all supporting the nutmeg. It's actually quite a complex scent! and yes, I've grown to like it more and more!

Another reason why I think this is nice, is because it doesn't smell like the other typical 1980's style perfumes (I mean loud or strong)! It is light enough to not offend anyone, and I think it has a unique sweet smell that comes through in the dry down. I know women who wear it and I think it's because it has a floral quality which shows especially in the dry down.

So in conclusion, I think people should check this one out, because I can't think of another fragrance with a prominent nutmeg note (could be niche)? and also because it doesn't smell like it was made from that era. It's light and sweet and floral enough to be worn by anyone, regardless of sex. A very pleasant smell and it doesn't smell like anything out there in my experience. Very pleasant and nice. In the drydown it even smells like warm skin, it's really nice like that. Could be a warm, seductive smell if worn in the right occasion. Alluring. It's also quite inexpensive, and although I am not a huge fan of the bottle, it looks pretty unique too. So if you like nutmeg and fresh flowers... check this out!
2.5 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Drseid
Sublime Spiced Soft Woods...
Cacharel pour L'Homme (vintage) opens with a very nice bergamot open before quickly switching to a natural cedar wood and lemon tandem. Joining the woods and lemon in the heart of the scent is an almost cinnamon-like nutmeg that starts off as a supporting note, but as time passes gets stronger and stronger until the lemon completely fades and the cedar now acts in support of the now dominant nutmeg in the latter heart phase of the scent. Oakmoss, fir and musk round out the key base notes now joining the remaining cedar as the nutmeg finally recedes during the sublime musk-laced woody dry-down. Projection is average and longevity is below average to average.

Cacharel pour L'Homme (vintage) was a complete surprise, and all to the positive. When I first applied it on skin I immediately was impressed, but its early woody lemon transition from the initial bergamot seemed to come out of nowhere, reminding me of what I hoped I would have smelled with Monsieur Balmain but instead found it a bit too synthetic when I tried it versus the much more natural and sophisticated woody lemon exhibited here. Just when I got used to enjoying that lemon and wood tandem, again the scent took yet another turn in transitioning to a spicy nutmeg scent before its final transition in the final stage of the scent's development to its cedar musk and fir dominant dry-down. Each phase is so well-defined and truly outstanding in both smell and execution by the parfumier Gerard Goupy. Its bottle may look more than a bit dated, but Carcharel pour L'Homme (vintage) is an absolutely timeless amazing smelling classic that is well-deserving of its "near masterpiece" 4.5 stars out of 5 rating. This one is a "must buy" in my book.

Elysium 3 years ago
This used to be my signature scent when I was 20 something. Zesty lemon and bergamot, dark nutmeg and carnation, earthy vetiver and moss. WOW+3
10.0
10.0

by GothicHeart
#summer #fall #aromatic, #calming, #sweet, #fresh, #floral, #sensual, #green, #natural, #woody, #warm, #fresh spicy, #soothing, #earthy, #deep, #balsamic, #energizing, #clean, #balancing, #herbal, #light
by Elysium
by GothicHeart
Cacharel - Cacharel pour L'Homme (1981)
by AmyAmy
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967
Cacharel pour l Homme von Cacharel

Popular Cacharel

Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Eden by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Liberté by Cacharel Scarlett by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Yes I Am by Cacharel Promesse by Cacharel Amor Amor In a Flash by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor L'Eau by Cacharel Eau d'Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Catch… Me by Cacharel