Eden 1994

Eden by Cacharel
Bottle Design Annegret Beier
Eden is a perfume by Cacharel for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Jean Guichard

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange PeachPeach LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesPineapplePineapple JasmineJasmine LotusLotus Lily of the valleyLily of the valley MelonMelon MimosaMimosa Orange blossomOrange blossom RoseRose Water lilyWater lily TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood Common elderCommon elder Tonka beanTonka bean CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.05.2022.

He has it in him
This fragrance has undoubtedly triggered contradictory feelings in me and showed me once again how important it is in a perfume not to judge the scent on the paper strip.

A few weeks ago I sprayed the fragrance on a paper strip in the perfumery, I was seduced by the low price and the box alone.
The first sniff blew me away. I was totally grossed out by the compost, licorice smell and wondered when I got home and read through the different posts here.

Throughout the evening I kept smelling the paper strip and smelled nothing but licorice. The licorice smell got duller but the scent didn't change at all.
I had associations with a cemetery compost and my bio bin.

Two days ago I was again in the perfumery and sprayed it on my hand. I was concerned because I still had to go to work afterwards.

At first I perceived only lemon! Fresh citrus giving off a full scent in the afternoon sun. Then immediately licorice and something floral. As if a bouquet of many flowers completely takes over a small room.

After a while, the scent kept wavering between citrus, licorice, citrus and licorice as if it couldn't make up its mind. I haven't experienced anything like this before. The licorice holds back, but is subliminally always there.

The bouquet comes back, the lemons disappear and there it is, the wood that is as if rasped and finely interwoven with the flowers.
I am thrilled!

The durability is enormous, a spray is completely enough.

This scent is one of the best I've tried in a long time and I'm happy to have it as part of my collection. It is definitely not a pleasing fragrance but I like me with it!

Cult scent !!
Eden by Cacharel...
The name alone evokes the Garden of Delights...
What to say...
Launched in 1994, it hasn't aged for me.
This scent reminds me of a peaceful Japanese garden, filled with trees, flowers, springs, pebbles, Lotus flowers, peaches...
A sensual and fresh atmosphere emerges.
A forbidden perfume to wear in all innocence... Or almost.
I will not detail the notes of this sacred fragrance, because they have been well known for a long time.
Whether you like this scent or not, you want more.
It's fresh, sensual, sweet...
A real invitation to succumb to desire...
On nude skin, this perfume works wonders, and the magic inevitably operates...
This is why we love it so much.
Regarding the outfit, it is up to par, Eden holds on the skin like no other, and it lasts, it lasts for hours...
As for the outfit on the clothes, it is simply exceptional.
I'm not talking about the sillage, because you can follow the person like wildfire... That's unforgettable.
This perfume is like NO other, it is absolutely UNIQUE !!!!
The bottle is simple, without edges, smooth, and it is very good that way.
I push the "vice" until spraying a light mist on the pillow, because this perfume has the art of soothing you.
As a man, i have no trouble wearing this Eden with pride.
Conclusion: This Eden is unique, it does not resemble any other, which it does that it will last a long time...
A fragrance that holds, that lasts...
A perfume to sniff with closed eyes until your nostrils burst and your head hurts...
This juice is quite simply a perfect olfactory killer.
My rating: 10/10
Calypso
More Tarzan Jane than Adam's Eve or: The other side of paradise....
This is not a lovely scent of paradise that describes a delicate landscape where you can walk carefree and smell innocent flowers.

No, Eden is rather the other side of paradise, a mysterious jungle full of tropical climbing plants, poisonous perennials with psychedelically colorful flowers and carnivorous plants that attract the visitor with their beguiling scent and then never let them out of their spell.

At first Eden appears harmless, citric, almost playful and lures you olfactorically into the depths of the green. There you suddenly find yourself surrounded by heavy, tuberose notes that will not let you go. Every now and then the orange blossom flashes like a will-o'-the-wisp between the trees, but whoever tries to follow it quickly loses himself in the patchouli abysses of the jungle.

For me, a surprising new discovery on the bottom shelf of the drugstore today (even if it has been around for ages), a fragrance like a tropical revelation in the dreary November frost.
A nice change to all the standard designer fragrances that are currently flooding the market!

And who doesn't need a little jungle feeling every now and then?
Polarizing Green Hulk
I liked Eden from the beginning. The really only Cacharel I like for me. Granted, he is something special. You can recognize him immediately, there's nothing like him.
He doesn't look that green to me. Rather powdery, warm and spicy.
One of my favorites, if only for its endurance and sillage. Scarves and shawls still smell in the cupboard after months of use. Anyone who is flirting with such "scent gozillas" and can handle them should definitely give the "Great Green" a chance. I wouldn't want to miss him any more.
Greenhouse fantasies
Somewhere in a remote part of the country, Professor Liane Buchsbaum is experimenting with a variety of plants. And she owns some greenhouses for it.
Their aim is to cross plants with each other to create botanically almost impossible specimens that have never been seen before and which also smell!
And seldom has anyone seen her. Some have been smelled.
What she breeds there in her greenhouses is already very daring.
There are pineapple oranges on thick bushes, the rind of which smells like patchouli. A cedar can also be admired that carries lily of the valley flowers between the tufts of needles.
Special attention should be paid to the pond, which is home to lotus plants that are also home to floating watermelons.
The jasmine shrub as a "double flowering plant" with rose blossoms is nothing against it all year round.
And Mrs. Professor continues her research... on sweet grasses with tonka fruits or tuberoses with citrus scent....
For their imagination knows no bounds.
At the height of her research studies, she brought out a fragrance that is the quintessence of her work:
A fragrance of her greenhouse fantasies: EDEN........

Heaven's on strike...
Eve was a moll.
Adam was mad.
God was drunk.
Satan was green.
Heaven was crumbling.
Innocence was decaying.
Debauchery was thriving.
Something was very, very wrong.
But also so very right.

I should have booked in 1994...

The Secret Garden
Eden has fascinated me since my former perfumista days. It's like one of those things that should exist, an entity that simply a talented person shapened in the right way. The exotic name, the green bottle, the misterious scent. It haunts me and makes me always want to come back to its secrets. Eden is also a very interesting reminder that you don't need to smell natural or you don't need something to be ultra expensive to be unique and unforgettable. I see many saying that Eden smells like plastic, but to me it always smelled like candy. There is something on the combination of notes that makes me think of a ludic garden where the trees produces jujube candy and its flowers smells like a mixture of polen, mimosa, sugar and citrus candy. It's fantastic how it seems to remain the same way throughout the evolution even though it's not a linear aroma, much like a panoramic fragrance that takes you around what is in this garden
2.5

LadyRogue
A Classic That Needs Your Attention. Now!
I used and loved Eden in the 90s, but like most people you move on and explore other scents, sometimes new beauties become favourites, sometimes you return to an old love, the latter has happened to me yet again. Today I sampled Cacharel's Eden for the first time in almost two decades, initially I wanted to remind my nose what it exactly smelled like again.

Oh my! The magic of Eden struck me all over again! After spraying it on my wrist it became clear to me why I loved this beauty so much in the 90s. It's like walking into a love-grotto of sumptuous and intoxicating notes that bombarded me from a single spray on my wrist. Mimosa, tuberose, lily, patchouli, jasmine, cedar, tonka bean and I could swear some kind of magical moss and herbs that are not listed (perhaps they're secret magical ingredients made by wood nymphs?) and a deep forest ivy are somewhere in there too! Hmmm!

It's a magical, strong, unusual and seductive smell and I wouldn't be surprised if the Lempicka House got inspired by Eden for their range of otherworldly scents. For Eden is just that: otherworldly! Needless to say I had simply no choice but to pick up the biggest bottle I could find. It wasn't me, it was magic! ; )

Silage is: "magical beauty is all around you" -- Longevity is (as one would expect from a child of the 90s) a wonderful 9+ hours.
If you have never sniffed this one do yourself a favour and experience this beauty! Even if it's just once, it's a magical classic that should be owned and/or known by every Perfumista. Enjoy!

EvaK
Greenhouse - both steamy and fresh
To begin with I was convinced that Eden would put me off big time. I'm not too fond of Cacharel in general, and the description... citrus? Water floral? Green? Ew.
Surprise! I liked it, really liked it. I can't trust myself or my nose when I try samples as they for unknown reasons tend to behave differently than when I try from a bigger bottle. (Wonder why that is).
Anyway, as soon as I found it at a good price I bought a bottle, suspecting that I had probably been mistaken when I thought I liked it.
Not at all. I'm not fond of too much citrus, but Eden seems to open without that stinging feeling. Quickly it changes into the compressed green smell of warm plants and flowers in a greenhouse on a hot day.
Now this sounds suffocating. It isn't. It's a fresh warmth, if that makes sense. It's a 'wet' smell like how it bursts from plants and flowers after rain. Imagine that heating up in a greenhouse. Wow.
Basically a summer scent, but absolutely warm enough for winter. I don't find it sweet.
The only bad thing I have to say is that the bottle is hideous. They should have switched it with the beautiful box - but who cares anyway, as long as the juice is good!

Hairspray
this has a masculine overtones a bit
feminine and softer version of faberge's brut;
rain soaked leaves and
fruits and a bit of musk float together
in harmony in this jade ceramic bottle.
i can also pick up beeswax.
the bottle is a bit bland with no frills.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 months ago
Green, slightly sour, with a very noticeable elder note, it could be the rain forest smell. after a few hours it turns into sweeter notes
ZoikgreeceZoikgreece 2 years ago
the smell of sin in paradise
TruckladyTrucklady 3 years ago
Look up Lola82's review. Ditto what she said. A femme Brut.
HajuvanaHajuvana 6 years ago
A fruity floral ...thing with peachy sweet'n'sour texture that lasts and lasts, I'm afraid.

by Smitty
Mein Eden: die Dünen von Langeoog.
by Zora
by First
by First
by ChapeauClack
Für Fresh 21 at night :Nachts bei Vollmond am See hol ich dir die Sterne vom Himmel
by Gandix
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Parfumine
by Parfumine
Moor Feeling
by Sumi
Raindrops keep falling on my head
by Gandix
by Schahram
by Lilau
by Lilau

Popular by Cacharel

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel Yes I Am by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Loulou (Parfum) by Cacharel Liberté by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Amor Amor In A Flash by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Loulou Blue by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs L'Original (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Amor Amor Electric Kiss by Cacharel Noa Summer Edition 2012 by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Yes I Am Delicious by Cacharel