Liberté 2007

Liberté by Cacharel
Liberté is a perfume by Cacharel for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-sweet. It was last marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bitter orange, Frangipani, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange, Cane sugar, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesSpices, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.07.2020.

Oranges vs. children
For a while I tried to make friends with Blablacar. I like to travel a lot and often, but it is expensive. And if I save on travel expenses, I have more money for new fragrances. Just when I have fallen back on Blablacar, I have often regretted it bitterly. The gentle and friendly Liberte reminds me of such a story, because he saved me from giving the driver the right opinion... I was going from Vienna to Besancon with a young lady... and her two small children. And that was the problem. We were sitting next to each other in the back seat and the two kids were fighting non-stop. The completely overburdened mom tried to calm them down and at the same time watch the road. I tried to sleep, which of course wasn't possible, because the children realized at some point that it's also quite funny to fight me. The mother then told me that I just had to play with them. Oh yeah... Do I have to? But I didn't want to. Because I am a woman in the best childbearing age (*scary*) but I just don't like children. I'm sorry, I know that makes me unsympathetic but that's just the way it is. Besides, I paid the lady to take me with her to France and not HER to take me with her children.

So I spent the looooong drive burying my nose in Liberte and looking at the kids angrily when they screamed my name loudly.

But my choice of scent that day couldn't have been better. First of all, Liberte is an orange scent. And orange is supposed to be relaxing and calming, even making you happy. Perhaps because it reminds many people of Christmas. But I don't have that association here. Liberte is fresh and summery. In the top note we have the concentrated citrus freshness right away. Invigorating and very fruity with a classic bergamot prelude that is then wonderfully cushioned by tangerine and orange. At first it really smells as if you were smelling a freshly cut fruit. In the course of the fragrance Liberte becomes only discreetly floral. This rounds off the fragrance very nicely, so that you don't smell like a glass of orange juice. I can't find any cane sugar that smells a bit like caramel. But that doesn't matter. Liberte remains nicely unsweet and therefore unobtrusive. So it's really good for long car rides. With or without screaming children. Even with a good dosage and in closed rooms, it does not develop anything stuffy.
The base is then really finely blended patchouli with vanilla and still this soft floral note. Unfortunately, the silage is already very weak and you can only smell something when you press your nose on the scented area. Even if one has sprayed very generously. This could be the only real criticism of the fragrance.

Liberte is therefore pleasant and unobtrusive. Yet he has enough independence so that he does not slip into insignificance. He is certainly not suitable for a grand entrance or as a compliment collector. But he calms the nerves and relaxes, almost like a gentle massage.
Because of its restraint I would recommend the fragrance also rather in warm weather. I can't classify it anywhere in terms of age or sex. It smells a bit feminine because of the flowers, but it is so discreet that it doesn't really come out on male skin. Just try it.

By the way, the overworked mother was allowed to let me out in Mulhouse. The rest of the way I took the train, but I didn't lose my composure. And since then I prefer to drive Flixbus ;)

Always Yummy & Cheery
This has a bit for everyone, and the notes show up like dancers in a chorus -line.
A delicious orange with lemon zest is the first thing I smell, followed by a seductive frangipani wrapped in honey that was flavored with vanilla and held over patchouli smoke. Sounds gourmand but doesn't feel like it in the dry down.

It's very warm, sensual and fresh at the same time. Not too much of one thing, but -on my skin- a wonderful mix of all the above that smells really sexy on my skin. Silage is: "yes, that yummy smell is ME! Good eh?". Longevity: 5-6 hours if you also put some on your clothes. A keeper

Are People Who Bathe Naked Nudists?
Saying that Cacharel LIBERTE is a chypre floral perfume is rather like saying that a person who bathes naked is a nudist. Perhaps not the best metaphor, but, honestly, LIBERTE opens as a sweet vanilla oriental and stays that way for hours before leaving a faint, still slightly sweet patchouli layer behind.

LIBERTE opens very similarly to several other sweet oriental offerings familiar to me. So, somewhat ironically, what makes this fragrance distinctive is what it takes a few hours to become. Too long to wait, no doubt, for those who shun sweet vanilla sugar. That's right: the cane sugar note is no joke, and, although there is a touch of orange, the vanilla really dominates here... If you're looking for a chypre, as advertised, you'd best look elsewhere. LIBERTE is a fine, albeit light, vanilla oriental for about 90% of its detectable life.

On my skin, LIBERTE has medium sillage and good lasting power for an edt. But this is really not a chypre, and I also think that there are better choices for those seeking either sweet vanilla or orange.
2.5

Earthy orange
My immediate thoughts when I tried this perfume were, "it smells just like an orange flavoured icypole".

As you may have guessed, Liberte is a very sweet and orangey scent. It's not what I would describe as a sexy fragrance, however it is very comforting, casual and warm.

The citrus notes are quite intense when you first spray Liberte, but it mellows into a soft and sugary orange with the sweet and tropical note of frangipani. The drydown is quite spicy, but that is to be expected when you look at the notes listed.

The overall scent is quite luminous and fresh. When I smell this and look at the bottle, for some strange reason it reminds me of beach parties. Perhaps this is because Liberte is a celebration in a bottle.

by Andreas09
by Philosykos
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Cacharel

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Yes I Am by Cacharel Eden by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Loulou (Parfum) by Cacharel Amor Amor In A Flash by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor Electric Kiss by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Loulou Blue by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Eau d'Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Amor Amor L'Eau by Cacharel Promesse by Cacharel