Loulou 1987 Eau de Parfum

Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel
Bottle Design Annegret Beier
Loulou (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Cacharel for women and was released in 1987. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Jean Guichard

Top Notes Top NotesAniseedAniseed IrisIris JasmineJasmine CassiaCassia LilyLily MimosaMimosa PlumPlum VioletViolet CinnamonCinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotropeHeliotrope Orris rootOrris root Orange blossomOrange blossom Pot marigoldPot marigold TuberoseTuberose Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.05.2022.

Friesin
Gerlinde steps on the gas
"GERLINDE, what a sight you are, I almost didn't recognize you ! "

"Yes, well, Helga, I've brightened up a bit, I've got a DATE today."

"Oha, and for that the perm and the dashing pink streak ?"

"In the picture of the woman said - 70 is the new 30 - and they know well. Bijanca from
'Haarmony' has split me, do suffer ? "

"Yes,you look top! The lurex sweater with the glitter wings in the back, is that from home shopping ?"

"Exactly, and nice and stretchy, it can be quiet 'n Schnitzel more tonight.
The pink ballerinas and the skull chain I also got from there, all done with one call.
But now I have a problem, so I come to you. I still need the right fragrance! And because you always stocked the shelves at Schlecker, you know your stuff in that area."

"Of course, I already have an idea! I just have to get it out of the guest bathroom, wait a minute...
here..." spray, spray.
So, now it should come, the reckoning with 'Loulou' by Cacharel. Because actually I know from the past no perfume that has annoyed me more than this.
None, which would have fit better into my drawer 'sweet over-excited water for completely over-excited women'
would have fit. Ergo, for the type Gerlinde....
As far as the prejudices, now to the fragrance, with recently somewhat more objective view and nose for
Fragrances.
Sweet, sweet, sweet, that is still the first association, totally "over"- WELCOME to the 80s !
'Loulou' is a child of her time. Designed in 1987 by Jean- Guichard for Cacharel.
Inspired by Louise Brooks role of Lulu, from the movie ' Pandora's Box' (1929) .
This Lulu, is the symbol of allurement. She captivates both men and women. She deliberately uses her femininity and sexuality to seduce.
Guichard composed 'Loulou' with precisely this aim, to mirror allure and seduction.
Right at the beginning, a basket of fruits and flowers spiced with anise and cinnamon, full speed ahead !
The lily stands out. Like a kind of syrup put orange blossom and ylang-ylang to it.
Now you can almost grab the scent, so thick and rich it lasts for hours.
'HERE I AM !' seems to be Lulu's cry 'behold my lushness and feast upon it! '
In the base, vanilla and resins come in, incense I can also detect. They settle on the skin like an Ottoman dessert, so here's another one out behind sensuality! The sweet seductress has nested.

'Loulou' became a bestseller. Loved by the young women of the 80 /90s. Advertised with the slogan 'Loulou, c'est moi'. The model in the look of Brooks with a dark bob, fresh from the shoot. This hit the zeitgeist . 'Generation Golf' and 'baby boomers' wanted fun, loud, flashy and bold. And sweet seduction, as long as it came out of the bottle, was gladly worn for show, it also suggested independence...
Gerlinde was in her early 30s when the fragrance was 'in', so now it's a good opportunity to wear 'Loulou' again on her foray tonight.... Grab it you, Tiger !
*Loulou is still available to buy, for small money. Lightning blue art deco style plastic bottle.
I would never wear it, but it was fun to track it down a bit and it's not that annoying...

My Christmas scent..
I first smelled Loulou on my best friend. At that time she told me that the scent belongs to her mother.
Since we were anyway in the city I had to buy directly with her in the Douglas and me the fragrance.
Now for the description: Loulou smells sweet, warm and super strong. Whenever I wear it, the Christmas season comes to mind. Roasted almonds...strolling through the Christmas market...
When I apply it fresh, it still smells too strong and intrusive to me. This lays down but quickly. Then he smells only comforting, warm, cuddly....

About the durability I can say this much: I have no perfume, which smells as long on the clothes, as this. Even after three days, I can still perceive the scent on my sweater....

Loulou can never be missing in my collection.
The price is also unbeatable!
Loulou Oui C'est Moi
Since I was actually a late bloomer in puberty and also in other ways, I only got to know Loulou at the beginning of the 90s. Until then, I had no idea that there was such a thing as perfume at all. This may be because I spent most of my childhood in the tropics and subtropics and was generally known only as a bush baby. Now there were TVs and commercials, which I found totally ridiculous at the time, because who buys a product just for the sake of advertising? But when Loulou floated across the screen (which I actually remember as a blonde) the 1st world with all its decadence and consumerism had me on the hook.
This lady expressed elegance and youthful freshness, but only at first sight. When she breathes her : Oui c'est moi at the end, one knows that this lady is a disreputable slut. Anyway, that's how I interpreted it. So the fragrance had to be tested and, as expected, it totally killed me. No matter, I wanted it, it reminded me of the frangipani flowers in my childhood (I know they are not in there). That narcotic, exuberant scent I knew about. When we went in the 10th grade for 3 weeks to exchange students, my host mother gave me this perfume (with the hope I would come back and marry her son). On the ile de Ré there was a big farewell party where of course people danced and I sprayed Loulou for the first time, probably too much. In any case, I was invited to dance by a handsome, amazingly tall French boy. And at some point he asked: Do fait embrasser? Sure, I think hugging's okay. But somehow I must have slept in French class, in any case I had those huge lips on me - disgusting was my first thought and the 2nd Loulou is to blame. My girlfriend was totally jealous, so I gave the perfume away right away. Now I think I wasn't ready for Loulou then, no wicked femme fatale. I would like to sniff that again, for the wicked, suggestive there are more subtle scents today. I should have known: I dedicate my first comment to Loulou...
For Loulou. Love.
Like when now in the dying winter,
in the retreating gray,
in the first scraps of the light blue sky,
in the melting snow,
in anticipation of the first poet's daffodils,
in the timid trial,
to pronounce the word SPRING,
an old love shows up,
that you - sometimes a little forgotten -,
but always carried in your heart,
so round the corner,
hooks you under, looks at you lovingly
and ( as so often ) asks: "Where are we going?"
and the answer is given immediately itself.
And you trust;
yeah, it's all gonna be right.
As if no time had passed,
knowing what is good and what is good.

"Komm´mal with," she says, "
and you look into her eyes < br /> ( oh, those light blue eyes ! ):

- and do not doubt a moment
- and become the gardener's assistant of love
- and know that all hesitation would be in vain
- and that an old love doesn't rust,
- and you don't care about yesterday's gossip,
- and you're her, like a long, long time ago
today again,
- and give away the shy heart,
- and how you feel you haven't learned anything,
- and as if you weren't on your way
after the lost time,
- and as if all this counted for nothing:
House, yard, home,
Horse and rider,
Educational middle classes and terraced houses,
- and Rock ´n Roll
- and lick my ass...
...after the first half bottle of red from Aldi.

So ("quite, yes, yes..." )
proudly looking back on the,
what is and what counts,
and then realizing,
how little it takes
to be unreasonable and say:

"Yes, I do!"

Soft surrender,
only one exhalation is enough,
be weak and may
and not to quarrel with yourself.
Just now ´rausgehen,
with the dog,
or smoke a cigarette,
nothing more.

Only the old golden heart.

Drop yourself in the past,
of sentimentality,
the mute rebellion.
Going lossy, like in real life -
just sitting here at the table,
get up and walk out.

When you come back,
If you return,
Where is the way?

And so you go -
in the mist, in the flames.

________________________________________________________________

Yeah, sure, it's a declaration of love.
What can you do if it's love? War.
And always will be.

Eight, nine, ten or more.
Whatever.

_________________________________________________________________

Bec Sandridge: In the fog, in the flame - 2018

Again it is Loulou
After Christmas I was on a bargain hunt with my Christmas bonus in the usual perfumeries of the big city. None of the current fragrances really intoxicated me. But look, what can be found there as reduced "Bückware" in the last corner - that still exists - I call to my daughter and point to Loulou. She doesn't find the bottle tingling at all in view of the modern glass+gold bottles. irritated and frustrated by the futile tests on this day, a final test spray is applied to the anorak sleeve and then on. And what happens? In the next shops, with each arm movement this mad smell surrounds me. So it's clear: it's Loulou again. 1 sprayer on my wrist or in my scarf and make me happy for many hours. For midsummer or the whole day in the office I probably don't dare, but there are others, harmless ones. But for a family party where my sister-in-law is present, who obviously wears sinfully expensive water like Diva or just for a cuddle evening on the sofa - it's Loulou again!

Jazzy76
A magic potion vintage style
"Loulou? ""Oui, c'est moi!" These were the famous words of the legendary advertisement of this cult perfume born in 1987 but having a special vintage allure. But who was Loulou?
Loulou was the nickname of the famous actress, dancer and showgirl of the "roaring Twenties" Louise Brooks, famous for her particular black bob cut .The symbol of a charming and indipendent woman, classy with character, feminine but with some masculine sexy details .
This perfume is a tribute to that age and it keeps something "rétro" in its style and in its rich but discrete bouquet, inspired to the old fragrances but equally son of the rich Eighties.
The particular bottle, totally opaque with the contrast red cap-turquoise bottle, seems an old container for a magic potion and Loulou IS a magic potion indeed! it's so particular that you love it or you hate it.
First of all, you smell a very complex flowery bouquet with an aniseed touch an a little bit of spices, not too noticeable but intruiguing.
Then, the tuberose-ylang heart reveals its power: vibrant, feminine, intoxicating but made more powdery by the orris root. At the base, the fragrance's atout: the incensed note, accompained by a warm benzoin and a sweet but not sweetish vanilla touch.
A very rich composition well orchestrated giving that sense of "old powder" and having a very good longevity and sillage. I think that this fragrance gives its best in the mid season or in winter, by day (for its not too heavy result) as well as by night for its Smoky touch,
I was a little girl when loulou came out and I never smelled it, but when I recently tried this curious scent which seemed taken from an old "petineuse", I immediately fell in love with it for its rétro charm and its very particulkar bouquet. Unfortunately I don't find the big size but only the 30ml bottle (on sale at about 20€ at the perfumery where I usually go). Maybe one day I'll finally buy it! The official price quite affordable, although I remarked that many drugstore don't have anymore this product and it begins to appear in the vintage perfumes list.Anyway, this magical fragrance remains a contemporary perfumery milestone and a " must have" in a perfumes wardrobe.
Sweet, sweet, Lou Lou Lou
Oh, it's always so hard to write about certain scents. Either because you can't describe a fragrance olfactorically as you would like it to be or because you can't think of anything more to say or tell about it.

This is made more difficult by the fact that certain fragrances are even older and are perhaps regarded as classics by some, since they were quite famous and popular for their time, and if you have not experienced these times yourself (I was just 5 years old when the fragrance appeared here!), then you also have no memories or experiences with it.

But Loulou is still being sold today, even though his formula has probably changed a lot to this day. Can the fragrance compete with other fragrances of today? Well, you'll see...

The fragrance:
Wow, that's probably a lot of scents flashing up here right now. First of all one can say that the fragrance is very sweet and also powdery. A bit more detailed I would say: you can smell jasmine, cinnamon, violet and powdery iris. In addition, there are fruity notes of plum, airy light smoked frankincense, vanilla and a light almond- or marzipan-like scent.
The heliotrope listed in the heart note is probably responsible for the sweet almond or marzipan scent. One has the feeling that the fragrance becomes sweeter and sweeter without appearing synthetic. In the background there are more light, flowery notes, but they are hardly distinguishable from each other (at least I can't really tell them apart) and they don't seem stuffy either.
Also in the base the fragrance is mainly sweet, flowery you smell a little less now, but there is still the light, almond marzipan note to smell. Frankincense is also present and musk is added to all the sugary sweetness, giving the fragrance another sweetish note, but somehow "dark-sweet", smelling, even a little seductive. In general, musk and vanilla become the stronger notes of the base towards the end. And in the background of all these notes one smells soft sandalwood.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The scent comes in, you could say that much. He is really very strong, radiates quite intensely and is sure to smell one for some time. It also fills the room and of course leaves a large fragrance cloud behind.
The shelf life is therefore also quite long and, depending on the dosage, can be easily perceived the next morning.

The bottle:
As usual, over the years there have been a few flacons. The current one no longer looks like the smaller bottle with the red pointed "hat", but still has some similarities. There's the turquoise blue color. At the neck the bottle has a red stripe, which replaces the "hat" and whereupon the likewise blue lid attaches. Then there's the form. Although the bottle now looks more like an obelisk, it still has six surfaces like the original, but these are no longer even surfaces. The whole thing isn't very spectacular, because the old bottle looked much better, but it's still okay.

Loulou has become a nice fragrance in itself, although the ratings here can be irritating, as it is less good with its average 6.8 points. Of course, the fragrance could be overwhelming, because at the beginning it emits a whole load of sweet notes, ... but you don't have to wear it in the office or anything. Unless you can't stand your colleagues :D

It's an excellent place to go out, because it's got what it takes to attract attention (hmm... maybe I should try the scent, maybe I'll be there for a change and enjoy the bite! ... near, probably not *sigh*)...

If you want to use it outside, I recommend autumn and winter. Because the sillage is really high and in combination with such sugary notes it could be very exhausting and oppressive on warm days.

Apart from that Loulou is not as bad as it might seem and could be tested. In my opinion, the fragrance can still keep up with today's fragrances if you stand on this sweet scent. But it doesn't offer anything new or extraordinary (more), because there are enough similar fragrances on the market

Parfum chou-chou
LouLou is to the white floriental what metallic paint trainers are to Stan Smiths, its the gritty sparkle that makes 'em stand out.

Full Bottle and vintage miniature.

Taking me away...
Sometimes I have a dream...

I'm walking down a dark alley on a freezing winter night.
It's just a couple of days after New Year's Eve.
I'm slightly drunk and feeling lonely.
A wind chime starts to jingle somewhere in the distance, and I'm slowly deluged by a bizzare feeling that something extraordinary is about to happen.
And then it begins...
First I find myself surrounded by what I perceive as the most beautiful scent I have ever smelled.
It's smoky enough to trigger a fire alarm, powdery as a dozen of Versailles paramours, and so dense that you could cut it with a knife.
It's so breathtakingly beautiful that it has me staggering.
It's simply mesmerising, narcotic even.
"This can't be of this world..." I'm thinking.
And then I see it.
Slowly descending, a hexagonal teal something with a flashing crimson cone topping it, touches the ground softly.
I'm thinking that if this is a spaceship, then it's the most girly girlish that could possibly exist.
But I'm wrong...
The crimson top opens.
The scent becomes even stronger, and it seems to pulsate and breathe, as if it has a life of its own.
Two girls come out, glide gracefully down its side and walk slowly towards me.
They both have short black bobs, kohl-laden brown eyes, porcelain skin and ruby lips.
They're both clad in short flapper dresses in teal, heavy with beads, sequins and feathers, and wearing dazzling crimson headbands.
They're both smoking cinnamon scented cigarettes in long black bakelite cigarette holders.
They're both utterly dramatic and ravishingly beautiful.
"That's some rigs for space travel..." I'm thinking.
-"Oh, here you are!"
-"We were looking for you everywhere. We got so worried!"
Their voices are deep and husky, sending waves of tingling pleasure all over me.
-"I apologise, but I didn't know you were looking for me."
They both seem to get a little disappointed.
-"We thought you'd be expecting us..."
I'd like to tell them that I was expecting them all my life, but I try to appear tougher than I am and nonchalant enough to impress them.
-"Why should I expect two ladies from space?"
-"Oh, but we didn't come from space. We came from your dreams."
...
-"Come..."
...
-"I'm Loucille and she's Louella."

Don't wake me up...

I Love Loulou
This is another favourite sillage monster. One spray is definitely enough of this, and the longevity is amazing because I sprayed some on my wrist yesterday, and I can still smell it today.

This is another fragrance that some find dated that I'd call classic. I love the sweet spicy dichotomy going on in this scent. Judging from how much of it I smell on a night out of town, lots of others agree with me. There's something just a little over the top about the eighties, but if you scale it back, it's perfect. That's why I go for a minimalist application.

I agree that the vintage formulation is better, but even as a shadow of its former self, I still find this perfume intoxicating.

I also agree with bloodflowers about Cacharel: I may not like all of their perfumes, but you have to admit they smell unique, and I respect them for that.

I think it's so cool that it's named for Louise Brooks because her career was forgotten for more than a decade. I think Loulou the perfume may just have a similar fate.

MaliboMalibo 1 year ago
Blue Dress - lovely.
Asphalt, smoke, power, temperature - beautiful.
Flowers and sweetness - wonderful.
TruckladyTrucklady 3 years ago
In the wake of Poison, this was pungent crap. Now, watered down and years gone by, it is a gorgeous purplified tuberose.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
inspired to the famous actress of the "roaring 20es " Louise Brooks, it's a flowery-incensed potion very feminin with a good sillage
HajuvanaHajuvana 6 years ago
Trash the white florals - what a wonderful oriental that would make! By today's standards, Loulou is like wearing two fragrances at a time.

Da hat wohl jemand ein paar Schrauben locker ...
by Entenradio
by Annkom
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular by Cacharel

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Yes I Am by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Loulou (Parfum) by Cacharel Eden by Cacharel Liberté by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Amor Amor In A Flash by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Loulou Blue by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs L'Original (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Amor Amor Electric Kiss by Cacharel Noa Summer Edition 2012 by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Yes I Am Delicious by Cacharel