Noa 1998Eau de Toilette

Noa (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel
Bottle Design Annegret Beier
Noa (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Cacharel for women and was released in 1998. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Green notes, Musk, Peony, Peach, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrass, Jasmine, Lily, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoffee, Coriander, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Frankincense, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.10.2020.

A fragrance of innocence
That's how I feel about Noa. Tender, young and innocent. Probably because I was where we first met.
I have known the scent since it was created. I was 18. I was hooked. A sea of flowers. Lily of the valley, rose and lily. But also something grassy came through. And a soft touch of peach. There's not a trace of vanilla or tonka bean on me. Just innocent white flowers And the bottle! It's beautiful. It's round with a pearl in it. Back then, I had a thousand comparisons in my head.
A young bride, all in white, with a pearl necklace. And yes, also already in joyful expectation, the child grows in her like a pearl. And yet quite innocent, still young, inexperienced, not yet knowing what life will bring, just trust her beloved one, he will never leave her.
No, I'm not talking about me. But still, I often had this image in my head at the time. I bought Noa much later. And his character is still the same.
I think it has become a real classic. I like to wear it in summer, it brings me peace, balance. When I wear it, I simply believe that life is beautiful. Or at least today
Schwerelos
Never judge a book by its cover..
I still remember that day in September 2018 when I bought this perfume. A branch of our local perfumery was closed and merged with a larger one of the same chain. The result was: 50% on the existing range.

Another perfume was the target of my desire. This was also allowed, and while I stood tantalizingly long at the sheer endless cash register, my gaze fell on this inconspicuous bottle of Cacharel.

Today Cacharel is not a name that arouses desires. During my childhood in the 90s however it was promising and I remember seeing commercials for this perfume.

A short spray on the wrist. Yeah, smells good. Test bottle returned. After all, the perfume for this price was very often available in the department store I trusted, it didn't have to be immediately, there were enough perfumes around. The snake became only agonizingly slowly shorter, and again and again the wrist wandered to the nose. And there it was, the urge for a fragrance that I hadn't experienced for a long time.

When I was finally allowed to pay, I turned around and grabbed Noa.

Here could be the end, as with many purchases, which had to eke out their existence sometime in the drawer. But no, Noa is different.

Thanks to Noa, I no longer smell like Classique every day, but quite often like Noa.

The first spray is very alcoholic, slightly aldehyde heavy. I don't like him there, but that impression disappears within seconds.
Then follows already in hardly perceptible sequence head note and base note, which I cannot keep apart at all. I smell flowers, something green, and at the same time the lilies of the valley. But also the musk works its way forward, but is rather tame at the beginning and is pressed down by the flowers. Actually not the scent I want either.

But after a good ten minutes he develops his potential, and that's exactly why I love him. The base note comes into its own, and without being able to give an exact note, it simply smells cuddly and well-groomed. Yes, I can smell the vanilla, the incense and the cedar. But the scent is restrained, no wummser. Even when you hold me in your arms, no one can smell anything special. Sometimes I'm asked if I just had a coffee, after all I have such a note on me. (In fact, I had never had a cup of coffee on those days.)
Other questions, if I'd applied an expensive cream.

I don't think I've ever had a perfume for which I've received so many compliments. But actually never how great my perfume smells - that's what I hear about other fragrances, here I'm only told how great I would smell. Only yesterday at a party a friend came several times, took me in her arms with the words, she just wanted to sniff at me, because I would smell so great.

For me, that's a clean, warm, cuddly scent. A smell that says: "I don't need the big stage, I don't need the big show. I'm enough for me." A fragrance that has been available for so long is one of the classics for me, and I wouldn't want it out of my life anymore.

If they told me I could only own one perfume, it would be Noa. I never believed that when I bought it. Its appearance is anything but modern, on the dressing table it does not stand out as a beauty. And yet it has become my favourite everyday fragrance, and more than once I had another fragrance in my hand and decided without further ado to use it as a daily fragrance.

I don't see any pictures of him. While other fragrances enchanted me, he had nowhere to go. Or, however, I can see a colleague in front of me who, on the first day when I was wearing him, only told me how incredible I smelled that day. He bought the fragrance shortly afterwards from his girlfriend, who is now history. But at the Christmas party he sat next to me and sniffed at me smiling again. I think I'm most likely to associate the scent with this dear colleague.

The fragrance doesn't last forever, I bought a second bottle for the office so I could add more. Applied twice a day, however, is perfectly sufficient.

CONCLUSION: Noa is not an optical, but an olfactory highlight. It is unobtrusive, well-groomed and yet has this refined depth, which I find very pleasant in everyday life. In addition it is to be had often in the offer for 20 euro, which does not enervate it also budget conscious carriers.

I'd say agewise, not under 30. He's not hip, he's classic. I certainly wouldn't have appreciated it before, but now it's a good scent
The sensual aunt
I had expected a good cream scent at first.
How wrong you can be. But the expectation is led quite in this direction by the lovely bottle. The teasing pearl should have warned me On the first spray comes not Nivea but a backflash of coffee and cake with an archetypal aunt. None in particular, but a distillate of childhood memories. Coffee, cream and something you can't really categorize as a kid. You can guess, the aunt has it thick as a fist behind her ears.
A little later comes an animal smell that almost seems cheesy to me. And more manly. That's hard on the pain threshold. I wanted cream, not unwashed guy. Igitt?
The irritation fades away quite quickly, I think I've got it figured out. The skin note is the "base" for a beautiful cream scent that now follows.
But my dear swan, innocent there is nothing!
Gytha Ogg might have felt that way, but it was more likely that she would have had her bright pleasure in the fragrance.
The longer it fades out, the more civilized the whole thing becomes. And it flies relatively fast, so you can take the funny foreplay on yourself.
Top note skipped
Noa snuck into my closet. For me a fragrance that I don't always like, but that's clearly subjective.

On my skin: the fragrance develops very complex. I'm a little surprised, because there's nothing to smell of top note. I smell something herbaceous woody, slightly dark tart scratchy. This lasts about 5 minutes, then the fragrance becomes soft, powdery and warm. I can't sniff out anything sweet at any time. Even after 8 h the scent is pleasant on my skin. Not crushing or killing, rather calm and beautiful.
For me clearly a fragrance that belongs in the colder season of the year, as I did not want to wear the woody herbaceous, warm powdery in summer, that would probably be too much of a good thing.

The scent lasts about 9 hours on me, but the Sillage is only mediocre to sniff out, unless you can get close enough to my neck to do a snief.

All in all a good warm scent, which can be described as cosy and pleasant, but without being too thick or too aggressive
...now he is finally my
Noa, long, always once again sneaked around, always excited after the first spray ... clean, elegant, white, creamy, not sweet .... pleasantly interesting "my" ... but then something comes up .... oh, bähhh .. no, Maggie coffee whatever ... soooo bad, because otherwise he is great. This time I have waited...and actually, this funny note goes away...yippie I thought only...I am enthusiastic....although it's a pity that you have to go through the "unpleasant", but it is worth it. I hope that this remains my opinion, it stands here, freshly purchased, not yet tested. Hope, I don't feel the same way with him as with sensations(jil Sander), who disappoints me (still?) ...interesting, that here are several on Noa and sensations...
5.5

Pearly white
I get mainly musk and peony scents, and the coffee barely noticable on me. It's very soft and gentle, clean yet creamy, somehow feels like Lanvin Oxygène without pepper. It dries down quickly into a body scent which is very pleasant in spring and summer. Unfortunately the longevity is around 3 or 4h, a little bit too short for me and the sillage is very close to skin. By the way, the bottle is funny with the little pearl swimming within. The colour and the tranparency are well chosen for the perfume.

Originally written in 2013.

baby post bath
I have seen this and dismissed it a number of times as it seemed too neutral, too indistinct to fit into my caravan of bold riches. I don't know what possessed me to blind buy a bottle, perhaps the glowing articles on several blogs had something to do with it. This is a strange one. Not in a bad way. I got clean musk, chinese parsley, grass and brewed black coffee, no sugar. The ingredients really look like a weird mix and it initially smells as the notes listed above. As it stayed on my skin and clothes, I was aware throughout the day of something pillowy soft. Clean like sun dried sheets. With some lingering grassy smell left behind from the washing soap. I was told that I smelt like a baby, during a hug with a loved one. It lasts forever but remains subtle. Not a safe blind buy but definitely worthy of a few tries before passing judgement.

innocent
Today I have received my own Noa. Since I am a Cacharel perfume lover I find this very very nice romantic and uplifting perfume. I would prefer wear this during spring and summer time. It is very aromatic clean and soapy. Longevity and sillage good enough.

Synthetic mess
I don't like this one. I think it smells very cheap and synthetic, too many contrasting notes I suspect. Yes the bottle looks nice from a distance but closer it looks really plastic and tacky. Sorry for those that love it, it's just my take on it. Also very clogging and headache inducing. Just realised my review is describing me lol! I'm tacky and synthetic the irony.

Saying it best
You say it best when you say nothing at all, so the song goes, and this is Noa. Spray it lavishly, this is one that you can go nuts with. I get the world's best cold cream, French of course, as if I'm lathered in it. I love this feeling, my imaginary beauty therapist is at my side and in a little while she will leave me with cafe au lait and something else that I couldn't quite identify at first and then I got it. Fur. It's a cat, a white persian, very fluffy. Or it's an angora sweater that has absorbed the soft, slight scents of the treatment room. Or it could be mink..but then fur coats are polarizing so I won't go there. I hate the bottle. Kokichi Mikimoto would have had a burning ceremony if he had ever seen the bottle. I love pearls, I hate the vulgarity of the Noa pearl and the fake Mother of Pearl top. Grrr. At 4.40 a.m. this morning I rose to cross town before traffic problems escalated in order to pick up my eighty six year old Mother and take her to a routine eye surgery. At that time of the morning you don't get out the heavy hitters, even the florals are just too much. Noa was perfect. I love Noa, cold cream, cafe au lait, cats, dogs and old trouts. It's a Noa day

TruckladyTrucklady 17 months ago
Nawww! Fluffy ballet pink bathrobe and twinkly fairy lights in scent form. How I thought girl's skin SHOULD smell.
NinechatNinechat 18 months ago
Love to spray this on the bedsheets, so cozy.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 21 months ago
flowery-musky with a powdery touch, it's a pseudo-minimalist and very feminine daily fragrance with an average sillage.

by Scarletrose
Best wishes for a happy holiday season to all members of the Parfumo group!
by Felicity
by Echtdufte
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Cacharel

Cacharel pour L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Nemo (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Gloria (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Loulou (Eau de Parfum) by Cacharel Amor Amor by Cacharel Yes I Am by Cacharel Liberté by Cacharel Eden by Cacharel Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel Loulou (Parfum) by Cacharel Amor Amor In A Flash by Cacharel Noa Perle by Cacharel Amor Amor Forbidden Kiss by Cacharel Noa L'Eau by Cacharel Loulou Blue by Cacharel Amor Amor Tentation by Cacharel Eau d'Eden (Eau de Toilette) by Cacharel Amor Amor Electric Kiss by Cacharel Amor Amor L'Eau by Cacharel Promesse by Cacharel