CK Be by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

CK Be is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-woody. It was last marketed by Coty.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Ann Gottlieb (Produktentwicklerin)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Mint, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, White peach
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.05.2019

8.0 6.0 2.0 9.5/10

ThoYv
Good fragrance but poor shelf life
The scent is great but it disappears very fast. The scent is gone after about an hour. Since the scent smells very good I would recommend it anyway to go to the restaurant to eat. You have to note that the fragrance is unisex and everyone can wear it
5.0 5.0 6.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
The dark side of the moon
This scent is the "dark side of the moon" in comparison with CK one.
If the second is light and bright, this one is deeper and more spicy-aromatic.
But let's start describing the bottle: minimal and totally black. It suggests something mysterious.
Well, you smell it and immediately a vibrant juniper note hits your nose, as pungent as the other citrusy opening notes. But the spices are the main actresses of this scent which remind me of the magic and hypnotic atmospheres of the Pink Floyd's concept album "The dark side of the moon".
This oriental touch made me travel with my mind to unknown nocturne landscapes.
This mystery is underlined by the base accord, made of opoponax, sandalwood and a light touch of tonka bean. But this trip was quite short: the sillage is quite weak and the longevity not so good at least on my skin.
anyway, a particular four seasons fragrance (but mostly perfect when it's warm) I added to my wishlist to join the dark side of the moon and of my soul too.
5.0 3.0 1.0 7.0/10

Better than ck one
If you don't like CK one, you might like this fragrance. Half bar is just as bad, but the scent is definitely more pleasant. Smells like fresh laundry, rain and something that I have a certain, indefinable mysticism. Better than ck one definitely, but it's not kicking my ass.
8.0 6.0 8.0 9.5/10

FlirtyFlower
What are you looking for when you're looking for yourself?
A new job, a new perfume, a new image ... What doesn't it take to survive?

When I lie there in the darkness, I have the feeling that darkness is infinite. But when the alarm clock rings, I notice that it's not a dark hole inside me at all, but the dawn that, contrary to expectations, promises a new day.

Because of the interviews, I read that men's perfumes in particular should make women more competent in the interview. But when I sprayed Thommy on it, I had the feeling in the middle of the conversation that I was growing a lady's beard.

And when I try out Dior Sauvage, I feel like a little unmade-up forest goblin sitting there unshaven and unfiltered like the little swan, as if he had never got out of his ugly duckling stage
Whether it is these feelings that really make me feel more competent. Well, I don't know.

So I'm still looking for the ideal fragrance, the ideal outfit and the ideal strategy. CK be I had recently taken in dm with me because of a really great rating on Parfumo and just try it with the fragrance.

An old colleague also gave me a book about the application strategy. I can only recommend it to all of you when the job shoe is tight and you have to look for something new.

It's called "help - I work in an insane asylum." In fact, the descriptions of the boss types help you to sort out some particularly abstruse specimens in advance. For people in difficult situations, it is also a help to understand that career does not always have anything to do with qualification."

Anyway... One day when I'm standing in Saturn (diesel powered in CK be) to get a USB stick, I feel like the divine inspiration couldn't be better. A USB stick in the form of a key. It's like I'm having a cerebral flatulence and *plopp* - there's a middle-aged lady, ok let's say late forties, standing next to me. She has reddish-brown hair, which reaches her in braided form up to the bottom. She has a pony and is relatively dainty overall and despite her sporty clothes relatively graceful and dainty in her kind.

She asks me, "What do you want with it?" - I just say with a stupid grin, "Do you think it's the key to success?" She's laughing and I like her so much. When I tell her that I want the stick for an interview, she laughs again and introduces herself to me as Vera from Canada. She says, "I used to look for the right job, too. And I have to tell you, I have a twin sister who looks like an egg to me. I applied to your company at the time and thought I needed the job, I wanted the job, I got the job. But you can't force anything."

I look at her with big brown eyes and I just say, "What do you mean?" She says, "You know, I really wanted to be a salesman. I wanted to pretend to be someone I'm not. If it's supposed to be with a job because it fits, it'll work."

And I still look at them with big brown eyes... "Well", Vera says: "If you are ready for a task and you fit for something, then it will work. But the second you try to force something, it won't work anyway."

She says something that in combination with CK be should burn forever in my heart:

"Don't obsess, don't prove it right.
When it's meant to be, it will be."

And when I realize that in that second, I notice how I haven't even noticed CK be yet. Just that I feel like myself with this scent. The scent is fresh and yet herbaceous, but not like a whole forest, so I have to feel like a shrunken forest gnome. It has a certain hold in which it actually radiates competence without undermining the wearer's own nature. It is unisex and just because of that, it would not toast either women or men. But with the right make-up, the scent still helps you to be yourself
And if you are in a situation where you don't know how to behave, where you don't know what to wear or what would be best, I can only say:

Do and be as it makes you happy, because the right people, no matter in the job or private, will understand it and stay with you.

And just keep on being yourselves because everyone else is already forgiven. (Oscar Wilde)

EPILOG
A big "apology" to all who have read the commentary before. I deleted it, but I regretted it very much. And to anyone who has a hard day! Hold on! And always hope for the best!
8.0 6.0 4.0 9.5/10

DPArtist
A fresh & enticing beauty of a fragrance, with a bit of timeless mystery...and then she's gone!
I'm a fan of both the white CK One and this black CK Be fragrances. I always used to compare them and for me I associate CK One with the warmer seasons and CK Be with autumn & winter, something about Be (possibly the spices and my actual past wearings of it) makes me think of those more chilly & dark evenings, Christmas parties, dressing up a bit more than usual etc. It has a comforting element to it, like arriving in a warm home or pub somewhere in England and shaking off the rain and sleet from my coat, being met by a warm welcoming ambiance and receiving a refreshing beverage or two!

I currently have the special edition bottle which came with a mini speaker and all the 'we are one' scribbles in various languages on the bottle, released I believe around 2009/10, a present from my ex-fiancee that I managed to keep (unlike a few others including my cherished Bvlgari Aqva!), I won't go into any more detail there, haha! I haven't smelled a recent batch and not sure if mine has changed odour over the years but it still smells good to me. And yes, it's another one of those scents that I have to keep on sniffing. It also sometimes smells fresh but comforting like an old bubble bath or shower gel I may have used years ago.

Despite my associating this scent with the colder months, this really is an all-rounder/all seasons fragrance, as well as being 'unisex' although to me it leans slightly more on the masculine side than CK One, not that it matters really. I only recently looked up the notes on this one and I hadn't worn it for a long time but they seem quite an eclectic mix, they work well though. The delicate florals bounce off the musk, sandalwood, lavender and bergamot main notes whilst propped up by a base of cedar and amber with the underlying almost honey-like sweetness of opoponax resin. There are other notes that some noses may detect better than mine though, such as mint, vanilla, green grass and peach.

The big drawback for me with CK Be is that is just doesn't last long at all (and I mean AT ALL!) on my skin-I'm talking skin scent in 30 mins maximum, a couple of hours and it will have completely vanished!- which is a real shame. I intend to try it out on some clothes though, it may perform better. Current low prices (online) even for the 200ml bottles suggest longevity of recent batches hasn't improved (and may even be lower!), but that said, I may just go with a few extra sprays and fill a mini travel atomiser with the juice, I suggest trying before you buy and if you like the scent, do the same.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

Darragh AKA DPArtist

5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Unisex and clean rubbery fragrance
There is something incredibly relaxing and calm about this fragrance. It is comfortable and light while maintaining a certain presence that is both charming and ideal.

Unisex it certainly is. While the opening is rather masculine, and in some ways similar to Bvlgari Black, the drydown is quite floral and clean, but not at all feminine. CK Be is somewhere in between, something that would smell sexy on a man and pretty on a woman.

CK Be is mysterious but certainly not dark. There's an element of cheerfulness behind this fragrance and it is quite refreshing.

I sense a subtle rubbery note intermixed into the notes which gives this fragrance that little something. The rubber combined with smokey woods and sweet floral notes really makes this fragrance worthwhile.

The lasting power is quite good and the price is fantastic for such a quality scent. I recommend for both sexes.

spoiled on my skin
This smelled great on a tester and continued to smell great on the tester. This smelled terrible on me and continues to smell terrible on me. I tend to like CK so I tried it fast, but found I couldn't get it off of me fast ENOUGH!Started as a pretty good balanced Floral/ Musk, Immediatly dried down to a woody/ musk and stayed there for the remainder of 3hrs. It smells like cardboard on me. I liked Excape much better!

Jazzy76 10 months ago
The dark side of the moon: spicy, aromatic, deep and a little mysterious although anyway light and with a gentle sillage+3
5.0

by Acamara
by Safranek
by Safranek

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein