CK Be by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron
CK Be (Calvin Klein)
CK Be is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-woody. It was last marketed by Coty.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Ann Gottlieb (Produktentwicklerin)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Mint, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, White peach
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponax, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.08.2018

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
The dark side of the moon
This scent is the "dark side of the moon" in comparison with CK one.
If the second is light and bright, this one is deeper and more spicy-aromatic.
But let's start describing the bottle: minimal and totally black. It suggests something mysterious.
Well, you smell it and immediately a vibrant juniper note hits your nose, as pungent as the other citrusy opening notes. But the spices are the main actresses of this scent which remind me of the magic and hypnotic atmospheres of the Pink Floyd's concept album "The dark side of the moon".
This oriental touch made me travel with my mind to unknown nocturne landscapes.
This mystery is underlined by the base accord, made of opoponax, sandalwood and a light touch of tonka bean. But this trip was quite short: the sillage is quite weak and the longevity not so good at least on my skin.
anyway, a particular four seasons fragrance (but mostly perfect when it's warm) I added to my wishlist to join the dark side of the moon and of my soul too.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 4.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
A fresh & enticing beauty of a fragrance, with a bit of timeless mystery...and then she's gone!
I'm a fan of both the white CK One and this black CK Be fragrances. I always used to compare them and for me I associate CK One with the warmer seasons and CK Be with autumn & winter, something about Be (possibly the spices and my actual past wearings of it) makes me think of those more chilly & dark evenings, Christmas parties, dressing up a bit more than usual etc. It has a comforting element to it, like arriving in a warm home or pub somewhere in England and shaking off the rain and sleet from my coat, being met by a warm welcoming ambiance and receiving a refreshing beverage or two!

I currently have the special edition bottle which came with a mini speaker and all the 'we are one' scribbles in various languages on the bottle, released I believe around 2009/10, a present from my ex-fiancee that I managed to keep (unlike a few others including my cherished Bvlgari Aqva!), I won't go into any more detail there, haha! I haven't smelled a recent batch and not sure if mine has changed odour over the years but it still smells good to me. And yes, it's another one of those scents that I have to keep on sniffing. It also sometimes smells fresh but comforting like an old bubble bath or shower gel I may have used years ago.

Despite my associating this scent with the colder months, this really is an all-rounder/all seasons fragrance, as well as being 'unisex' although to me it leans slightly more on the masculine side than CK One, not that it matters really. I only recently looked up the notes on this one and I hadn't worn it for a long time but they seem quite an eclectic mix, they work well though. The delicate florals bounce off the musk, sandalwood, lavender and bergamot main notes whilst propped up by a base of cedar and amber with the underlying almost honey-like sweetness of opoponax resin. There are other notes that some noses may detect better than mine though, such as mint, vanilla, green grass and peach.

The big drawback for me with CK Be is that is just doesn't last long at all (and I mean AT ALL!) on my skin-I'm talking skin scent in 30 mins maximum, a couple of hours and it will have completely vanished!- which is a real shame. I intend to try it out on some clothes though, it may perform better. Current low prices (online) even for the 200ml bottles suggest longevity of recent batches hasn't improved (and may even be lower!), but that said, I may just go with a few extra sprays and fill a mini travel atomiser with the juice, I suggest trying before you buy and if you like the scent, do the same.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

Darragh AKA DPArtist

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Unisex and clean rubbery fragrance
There is something incredibly relaxing and calm about this fragrance. It is comfortable and light while maintaining a certain presence that is both charming and ideal.

Unisex it certainly is. While the opening is rather masculine, and in some ways similar to Bvlgari Black, the drydown is quite floral and clean, but not at all feminine. CK Be is somewhere in between, something that would smell sexy on a man and pretty on a woman.

CK Be is mysterious but certainly not dark. There's an element of cheerfulness behind this fragrance and it is quite refreshing.

I sense a subtle rubbery note intermixed into the notes which gives this fragrance that little something. The rubber combined with smokey woods and sweet floral notes really makes this fragrance worthwhile.

The lasting power is quite good and the price is fantastic for such a quality scent. I recommend for both sexes.
spoiled on my skin
This smelled great on a tester and continued to smell great on the tester. This smelled terrible on me and continues to smell terrible on me. I tend to like CK so I tried it fast, but found I couldn't get it off of me fast ENOUGH!Started as a pretty good balanced Floral/ Musk, Immediatly dried down to a woody/ musk and stayed there for the remainder of 3hrs. It smells like cardboard on me. I liked Excape much better!

Jazzy76 31 days ago
The dark side of the moon: spicy, aromatic, deep and a little mysterious although anyway light and with a gentle sillage+3
Bottle 5.0

• by Wahule by Wahule
  • by Sunnyiland by Sunnyiland
  • by Wahule by Wahule
  • by MrNiceGuy by MrNiceGuy
  • by medicine by medicine
  • by Magdulenka by Magdulenka
  • by WiseOwl by WiseOwl
  • by WiseOwl by WiseOwl
  • by Safranek by Safranek

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein