CK Be by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
CK Be is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-woody. It was last marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with White Musk for Men

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange MintMint Juniper berryJuniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpicesSpices White peachWhite peach
Base Notes Base NotesOpoponaxOpoponax SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.05.2022.

Giving Me A Million Reasons
Still, today I have a remarkable memory of CK Be when it came out in the mid-’90s. It left a clean, flowery, dusty, soapy trail. Alas, it was the perfume that a colleague of mine wore, and that is why I never wanted to wear it to go to work those days. As a replacement, I enjoyed wearing Solo Soprani Blu Eau de Toilette, so similar in result. But CK Be remained my favorite for weekends, in the days of late spring and early summer, when temperatures alternate between the crisp morning air and the warmer afternoon air. I always thought it was more geared towards what would be a traditionally masculine fragrance, despite being sold as unisex. And one of my favorite light fragrances is olfactory poetry. Unfortunately, today it is not what I was used to, but it is still good. Very sensual. Great between the sheets. The more years go by, the lighter, more delicate, and less durable it becomes, which could detract from most audiences. Clearly weakened in the latest reformulation, low intensity, and ridiculous duration. As soon as they released it, I remember the wearer leaving a nice trail behind him.

However, CK Be is today a distinctive yet delicate fragrance. I’ve got a hundred million reasons to walk away, but it is an affordable and easygoing classic that I keep coming back to. Woodier, greener, and sharper than its CK One Eau de Toilette predecessor, it’s also noticeably more masculine than unisex to my nose because of the aromatic and balsamic notes. Transparent white musk covers it, enriched with a spicy note of juniper and tonic accords of mint and mandarin. It’s citrusy, tangy, and spicy, but it’s not a zingy cologne. Totally different from CK One, the chords I hear the most, regardless of who wears them, are wood, grass, and something in between powdery and soapy. The good thing about CK Be in the 90s was that everyone knew if you were wearing CK One. However, no one knew if you were wearing CK Be because it was less popular than CK One. There is a smell of clean laundry, like something that makes you smell fresh, like you just got out of the shower. It has enough of a touch of spice from fresh notes like mint and balsamic to keep it interesting, with some depth, and its floral period relatively short. I also like that this is one of the few fresh scents that doesn’t immediately evoke the scents of seawater, water, or salt, such as those that smell blue.

The opening is pleasant enough and doesn’t overwhelm you like some fragrances. It is a subtle and fresh blend of musk, lavender, peach, and suave citrus. A touch of sandalwood feels very familiar and clean, and the note of orange here is a very light touch. After a few minutes, the citrus fruits fade, and a more balsamic and green accord takes shape from grassy herbs and juniper berries. The notes mentioned so far combine with lighter fruit notes. Lavender seems more substantial to me, up top, but there is a friendly cleansing in the supporting ingredients. It has its own soap-like aroma at this stage but looks greener than it will later on; a youthful energy that reminds me of the late spring and early summer days. There is a hint of spearmint hidden among the moss, which lends a nice, albeit subtle, accent to the composition.

As it progresses further, it takes on more of its floral character. To this unusual start, the perfumer added a hint of lavender in the heart that supports the scent of a bouquet of magnolia in full bloom and other white flowers. The smell of peaches peeps out from time to time and is a pleasant surprise. It has such a clean, powdery, and almost soapy quality when it settles on the skin and brings out the floral and woody notes that blend into it. The moss is clean, a kind of unctuous quality, with introducing the main freesia. On my skin, it looks like an immaculate white variety of musk reminiscent of jasmine, and lily of the valley: a freshly washed white floral scent with soft citrus notes that alternate directly between masculine and feminine.

And finally comes the bottom, which is all about mossy sandalwood with a fruity soapy finish. It is sweeter and less green in the last part. A musky and woody finish with a warm, skin-like fruit touch creates the scent with a unique character. White musk elevates the overall aroma, along with the herbaceous and floral accords in the heart. The peaches appear to melt into the base, and instead of creating a fruity effect, it softens and add a freshness to the opoponax.

It is more complex than it may seem but appropriate for any occasion. It is harmless if you work in social settings where people could be offended by strong perfumes. I find it perfect for daytime use, whether working in the office or hanging out with friends. However, it has longevity issues. For example, it will last about a few hours, half a day. I’m sure the reformulations have taken some of its stamina away from how it once was. As for projection, it’s not a bold scent, but it’s not completely weak either, at least at first. Seasonally, Be is a warm-weather fragrance for spring and summer.

I like this very soft perfume; it doesn’t smell like classic cologne. There is a very casual feel to it. It also works well in hot, oppressive weather, which is a plus. I love using it on the hottest Italian summer days when I can’t stand most of my more aggressive scents and don’t want to smother anyone nearby. There is something incredibly relaxing and calm about this fragrance. It is comfortable and lights while maintaining a confident presence that is charming and ideal. I see Be becoming a comfortable perfume for me, something simple and appropriate to wear to the gym, when I don’t want to stand out, or maybe while relaxing at home. The quality suffices to perform the task in question simply to create a clean, freshly washed impression. Incredible how much you remind me of Solo Soprani Blu Eau de Toilette. Be is like a crisp, clean, and immaculate white ironed shirt in your wardrobe. It’s not the most exciting or original thing to have, but it makes me feel fresh, clean, and tidy, even when it’s stuffy outside.

I base the review on a 200ml bottle I have owned since May 2018.

-Elysium

Fresh Out the Shower
I shopped at Burlington this weekend as part of my job with assisting people with developmental disabilities. I noticed the fragrance rack. Because of my growing interest in affordable fragrances, I purchased two caught my attention.

Calvin Klein’s Be (CK Be) is the first of the two fragrances.

Admittedly, it's a fragrance that comes with a mixture of positives aspects and notable critiques.

----

The best way to describe CK Be is “Fresh out the shower clean.” It doesn't take me back to the teen years of the 1990s when Calvin Klein was notably everywhere. However, it reminds me of a soap’s fragrance lingering in the air as I get a towel to dry myself after a shower.

With top notes of mint and juniper, you will feel refreshed as the mid notes of spices and peach add warmth and depth. The base notes seem like myrrh and sandalwood, and they extend the freshness until the fragrance fades away.

While some scents I reviewed to this point could be unisex, CK Be is the first fragrance that I can say is unisex without an obvious lean towards masculinity or femininity.

----

In terms of the bottle, I have mixed feelings.

On the positive side, I love dark bottles; the fragrance withstands light, allowing the scent to stay fresher for a longer time.

However, at least for the 100 ml, only the cap or atomizer goes on the bottle. Switching between the two makes air exposure more likely and reduces the lifespan of the scent.

----

The performance for CK Be is quite underwhelming, even for an eau de toilette.

Sillage and projection are minimal. People who want to announce their presence or turn heads will frown in disappointment. However, one can appreciate smelling clean and fresh for themselves or for individuals within their proximity.

However, longevity is a bigger concern. Fresh fragrances usually lack stamina, and CK Be lasted for four hours. Bringing the bottle or a travel spray is required if you want to wear the scent throughout the day.

----

CK Be is decent to use in active leisure, or as a daily fragrance, as the fresh scent is invigorating and energetic.

That said, CK Be is not a noteworthy evening or date night fragrance. The scent vanishes before the night ends. For similar performance reasons, it fails as a scent during the winter or in a colder environment.

Likewise, one should not expect compliments for smelling clean. It is reminiscent of taking care of one’s hygiene—that is expected out of everyone and is not extraordinary.

There is another side to the coin. CK Be excels in the office because of the soft sillage. No one will find the scent offensive or overwhelming. Spritz in the afternoon for a quick refresh.

In addition, CK Be is a rare fragrance I offer top recommendations for workouts. It will offend no one else during a workout, and you smell fresh throughout it, even if sweaty in multiple places.

----

CK Be is not terrible; one cannot underestimate having a clean and invigorating fragrance. However, the problem is CK Be can come across as ordinary and bland. In some ways, it makes the scent underrated.

With that in mind, anyone seeking a unique fragrance for a date or an evening out, or a fragrance that stands out and garners attention from others, would waste money purchasing CK Be, even at an affordable price point.

However, if someone is looking for an office-safe fragrance, the rare usable gym fragrance, or just wants to smell fresh and liven up for a moment, that person will get serious mileage out of CK Be.
Dini1977
I find this one totally underrated :-)
Sooo a great fragrance! From 1996 and top current with juniper berry, sandalwood and TONKA. Can be found today in the trendy fragrances to hauf. Ahead of its time and yet up to date! There's something pure, detergent-like, iron-on laundry-like about it for me. The mint makes it fresh and wearable at any time. Subtly woody and spicy in the base. So again, I think this is top notch and like it a lot. Price/performance is also the cracker. After more than 20 years, a bottle has moved in again and has left some high-priced candidates behind :-)
CK`s friend...
...but I'm sure it is, CK One is definitely an "eye-opener". I love this so pleasantly aquarische as fruity sound. Further down Insa writes about the weak durability of Be, unfortunately I confirm this. Insa writes that the CK Be is definitely better than CK One, no, I just see the other way around. That he, the fragrance does not exactly knock you off your feet, yes, that's fine. Heavier than One and not having the airiness and freshness. Oriental, musk note perhaps, just to the prelude. Unfortunately, not so much comes after that, no great transformation no magic behind it. Too bad. I, but the tastes are different, very even, and I write that already again and again, I would have to choose, I would clearly choose CK One
Eisbaer
"Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping..."
Transfiguration can be a beautiful thing. Were summers really sunnier as a child? Were they really whiter at Christmas? Was life really so much more carefree? I thought about it for a long time. As a child of the 1990s, I am very much of the opinion that we still regularly had white Christmases back then. Photos from that time can prove it. But as far as summers are concerned, they are certainly just as hot and sunny today as they were then. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that the summertime of the 90s was a special one. Probably mostly because of the lack of internet. Meeting friends was arranged over the phone, if at all. Most of the time, however, people just met spontaneously - either in the backyard of the new housing estate, on the playground or on the basketball court. And when the ice cream man rang the bell on particularly hot days, there was a race to see who could reach his apartment first, talk his parents out of 50 pfennigs for a scoop of vanilla and then secure the front places in the queue in front of the ice cream van.

I love those memories. As the years went by, I gradually realized that I was transfigured. My parents, for example, found the 90s very stressful and nerve-wracking. I think a little bit that anyone who can claim to have had a wonderful childhood is transfigured. Unfortunately, the word is rather negative. But I think transfiguration is a wonderful thing - it is one of the greatest functions our brain has: Preserve the positive and sort out the bad in the best possible way. This ability enables us to travel in time. Journeys into those phases of life that we unconsciously carry within us every day - and how beautiful it is when we specifically remember those beautiful experiences that we once had. Especially since we can trigger this optimally: Through photographs and films, through music - and through smells. This is where "CK Be" by Calvin Klein from 1996 comes into play. Randomly selected? No, quite deliberately. "CK Be" is one of those fragrances that have the trigger effect mentioned above. It catapults me back to the summertime of the '90s.

I perceive "CK Be" as a very fresh scent. Two or three sprayers from the deep black bottle and immediately iced mint water opens up with a light tangerine in the background. After about two to three minutes, the juniper berry comes out and the fragrance develops in a deep woody direction. However, we are not talking here about fresh juniper berries served as a still life on a noble dining table - rather, the impression is created as if a bottle of gin had broken in the building materials and wood department in the Hornbach. :-) However, this is not meant negatively at all, because this combination really has something independent and extremely pleasant. I like the freshness of mint, which is always preserved, best. This makes the "CK Be" very tangy and light. Now there is of course the question: You didn't wear it as a child, did you? The answer is yes and no. My brother (almost five years older) used to wear a light eau de toilette every now and then when he was a sportsman. The whole range of AXE was there, "Cool Water" by Davidoff was there - and so was "CK Be". I didn't consciously apply it, that's true - but I stole a small sprayer every now and then when nobody was looking (as perfumes probably did as children). This was probably never noticed, because even back then the "CK Be" was of the very quietest kind: It doesn't last half an hour on the skin, a sillage doesn't even exist shortly after spraying it on.

However, the factors mentioned do not bother me in this case, because Calvin Klein's "CK Be" is not a fragrance for me to wear. It serves me as a little half-hour time travel into my past. It causes a headache for me. My brother belonged to the soccer faction at that time, I tended much more towards basketball. When I smell CK Be today, I think of playgrounds and football fields where football and basketball are played. I think of scorching hot summer days, of my tattoos, of my yellow and black Gum Watch from Crazy Planet (who else knows it?), of the ringing of the bell of the ice cream van with Bugs Bunny printed on the front. Speaking of Bugs Bunny: The "CK Be" also brings back memories of the movie "Space Jam". And of course memories of my brother. Running around together on the sports fields and in the backyard, countless abrasions, his ghetto blaster, with which he used to play ball games. :-) But also on the quieter summer evenings, when we as a family sat outside for a barbecue or when my brother and I built whole towns out of Lego bricks together in the children's room. I love it when scents manage to bring the most diverse images into my memory. Unfortunately, as I said, the experience of "CK Be" lasts only a very short time. But I forgive him for that. I am very happy that he still exists today and I am always happy when he lets me travel in time for a few minutes.

If Calvin Klein were "CK Be" music:

"Fly Like An Eagle" by Seal
"Ready Or Not" by Fugees
"Lonely" by Nana
"Don't Let Go" by En Vogue
JoniB
An excursion into the past
So now it's time to write the first comment in this great community.
CK Be is in my eyes the perfect occasion, because it was also my first perfume for years.
It's been 23 years. The teenage years are half over and actually just beginning.
And that was the companion who perhaps did not ring in this unique time, but accompanied it completely.
The first girls, a (at least in retrospect) great school time, every weekend celebrating with schoolmates, all crazy and funny moments of light-heartedness. And whenever I smell this scent, it tells me an almost forgotten story from this stage of my life.

Durability and Sillage were already rather weak at that time, the today's fillings seem to take the snowflake over the campfire as model.
But I forgive that, this scent is only for me.
Not to wear in public, no, just to sniff, just to dive into the past sometimes, just to indulge in wonderful memories.
Justinkl1999
Smells very chemical, how can you evaluate the scent so well?
I got this scent for my birthday. What can I say... I couldn't choose the birthday present. The perfume smells of rain and leaves, very chemical. The shelf life is also bad. For the same price there are better scents
ThoYv
Good fragrance but poor shelf life
The scent is great but it disappears very fast. The scent is gone after about an hour. Since the scent smells very good I would recommend it anyway to go to the restaurant to eat. You have to note that the fragrance is unisex and everyone can wear it

The dark side of... CK
This scent is the scented transposition of the concept album "The dark side of the moon", a true masterpiece by Pink Floyd I love so much. Indeed, it's could be the dark side of....CK one.
If the second one is light and bright, CK be is deeper and more spicy-aromatic.
But let's start describing the bottle: minimal and totally black. It suggests something mysterious.
Well, you smell it and immediately a vibrant juniper note hits your nose, then the other citrus-soapy soapy notes come out giving a gentler character to this accord.
Finally, the spices are the main actresses of this scent which remind me of the magic and hypnotic atmospheres suggested by psychedelic rock. In fact, this oriental touch made me travel with my mind to unknown nocturne landscapes.
The sense of mystery is underlined by the base accord, made of opoponax, sandalwood and a light touch of tonka bean. But this trip was unfortunately quite short: the sillage is quite weak on my skin and the longevity not as satisfactory as I thought.
Anyway, it's a particular all-over fragrance (but mostly perfect in the mid-hot season, maybe by night) I've immediately added to my wish list to join the dark side of my soul.
Better than ck one
If you don't like CK one, you might like this fragrance. Half bar is just as bad, but the scent is definitely more pleasant. Smells like fresh laundry, rain and something that I have a certain, indefinable mysticism. Better than ck one definitely, but it's not kicking my ass.

GeorgeReidGeorgeReid 2 months ago
First impression? A solid and clean fragrance reminiscent of the 1990s. It does the job in intimate moments, but performance is lacking.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Fresh as the regular Ck One, but with juniper and sandalwood for a woddier scent. Unfortunately the bad performance remains.
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
Very, very, very akin to Solo Soprani, same vibe and scent. Yet, it's pretty good per se, clean, gentle, light. I fancy to rock it in Spring
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
The dark side of the moon: spicy, aromatic and a little mysterious but with a slightly citrus-soapy touch giving it a gentler character

Während der Vorbereitung auf meine nächste Ausstellung fiel mir diese Zeichnung aus dem Jahr 2014 in die Hände ...
by Leons
by Lorilavira
by Acamara
by Acamara

Popular by Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Perfume) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein CK One Gold by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein