CK One (1994)Eau de Toilette

CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron

CK One (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with CK Be

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Papaya, Bergamot, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen tea, Nutmeg, Violet, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.05.2020.

If only it would last
I've been here for almost a year now in this super community and now for the first time I dare to write a comment on a fragrance.
CK One was one of my first fragrances, as probably many people do. Since I only had one or two fragrances at that time, the 50ml bottle was empty pretty quickly. After that I bought other perfumes from time to time and this one fell into oblivion.

Recently I got a sample of it and was happy to smell it again. So I sprayed a test strip and smelled it full of anticipation: "Wow" was my first thought. And as many people describe here, I immediately felt transported back to my youth. So beautifully fresh, citric, clean and just a fragrance to feel good in. There probably won't be many people who don't like it. Again and again I had to hold my nose to the stripes, wallowed in memories and enjoyed the beautiful smell.

Since I only use test strips to get a first impression of the fragrance, I thought, now you have to spray it on your skin. No sooner said than done. At certain intervals I smelled it over and over again to see how he was doing. But what is this?! With every sniff, the smell became weaker and weaker. After only two hours it was almost unnoticeable. For comparison I smelled the test strip again and there it was still present and clear. It's just a pity that it doesn't last that long on the skin.

So now I'm going to think about getting a bottle of CK One again. But at this price, spraying doesn't necessarily hurt either.
Memories of youth
CK One was my first great love. My first perfume, which I wore at the time, while others my age still used deodorant sprays, was an absolute ladykiller.
As far as I remember, the fragrance was not a unisex scent in the past, but was marketed as a men's perfume. That's why I still don't associate the scent as feminine.
Even today I still find this special freshness very pleasant and I still like to smell CK One.
But I wouldn't wear it anymore, because apart from the fact that I associate my youth with the perfume and now prefer more adult fragrances, CK One has (unfortunately) also been abused inflationarily.
Fragrances, like Boss Bottled or Invictus, can be smelled at every corner. Even though I can't say anything bad about the essence itself, except that it has lost a lot of performance compared to back then, you should think carefully about whether it's nice to have a silage around when 80% of the people know the scent.
Isn't it much nicer to be asked: "Wow, you smell good! What is it?"

Light in a bottle!
I had no idea that Thierry Wasser was also a part of the team that created cK One. But it shows, to be honest. The citric notes are on point: you can feel a bit of this freshness in Habit Rouge l'Eau, imo.

A lot of opinions on cK One have been made. But I'll tell you: without this, there would be no Grey Vetiver (EdT or EdP), my friends. The ever so slightly powdery, soapy, bright vibe that they have in common is remarkable. I am astonished that this resemblance is hardly ever mentioned.
A landmark of perfumery! I feel sorry for those who can't appreciate this!

First Unisex Scent
I was in grade 9 when CK one came out. As I started my journey with Chanel Egoiste, debut of CK one with its unique advertisement and unisex appeal was really refreshing at the time super fresh. Even the fact that it had poor performance seemed to be a plus for the cologne - it was a reason to reapply your cheap CK one! I can't tell apart the different citric notes in the opening, but the green tea and musk soon join the party. I find it quite linear from that point on and do not feel I can appreciate a distinct base phase, it becomes a skin scent within an hour or so and disappear in about 4 hours. I have liked Calvin Klein's Eternity for men soon after, then I do not come back to revisit them until recently with CK One Shock, but CK one will always be tied to my middle school memory.
Kagi
The strongest memory of my youth!
The CK One series reminds me of everything in my youth!
The first great love, which I unfortunately let go...
She wore a version of CK Summer then, I wore One. My heart is still pounding as I type. She was perfect and so was her scent. Today, after almost ten years, my heart still beats at the thought of her, or if I smell that scent again.
One of the strongest memories I have and as soon as I see them in social media I smell the scent, I smell the scent, I see them.
Unbelievable what this little bit does.
I wish every girl or boy such a memory and can recommend the fragrance completely independent of it. Of course it is not very original, does not last long, but the price is right and is affordable for the first fragrance at a young age from pocket money saving.
Scent: 7-7,5
Shelf life: 5-6
Sillage: 6
Flacon: irrelevant 5
4.5
Chri5tian
Facets of a unisex scent
Interesting when evaluating or describing fragrances is, among other things, when you meet opposites. Therefore here is a contrast to the previous comments.

The great art of a successful unisex scent is, so to speak, the balancing act between SOWOHL and ALS ALS AUCH, and yet to underline his or her wearer in his or her personality. For me the balancing act between NEITHER and NOCH is more successful here. I can't imagine the scent on a woman or a man.

Personally, the fragrance kills me with its indefinable, pungent character.

The shelf life is very weak.
Unisex? Absolutely.
Calvin Klein One, an ingenious fragrance.
Purchased about 4 years ago as a change for the summer months. A bargain, 100ml for 25,90,-.

But let's start with the description of the fragrance.
At first it starts quite citric and intense, with a light sweetness.
After about 10 minutes the fragrance appears "tropical" to me. I always think of mango, but this one's not in here at all. It's the papaya. The mandarin slumbers a little behind the bergamot. But the top note isn't bad at all. Better, becomes One in the heart note, then, when this freshness at all possible correctly dominates. Such a great interaction, really tasty. The bergamot is pushed into the background, the "tropical" one remains.
The fragrance slowly increases in sweetness until the base note unfolds. And that's exactly the part I don't like, the scent seems a little spongy to me. One could have kept the certain "tropical" one still. But still the head and heart note is a dream. Good freshness with a slight sweetness.
The sweetness in the fragrance was necessary, because that is exactly what makes it so unisex.

However, the durability is really ridiculous, only 4 hours it lasts. The Sillage is pretty good for that, at least in the top note. In the heart note, it decays a little.

The frosted glass bottle has a great recognition value in any case. Simply designed and lies well in the hand. The spray head does its job.

Conclusion: Tropical, sweet fragrance. Inexpensive, recognizable, but with a mediocre durability.
For me the companion when I don't know what to wear:)

Have a nice Sunday afternoon all of you!
Sommernacht
Why classical fragrances never lose their value...
is very easy to explain. It takes a lot of work and skill to create a fragrance at the right time, which everyone wants to have in the here and now and which makes such wide waves that you still want to wear it in 20 years. I think CK One is such a fragrance. I also wore it for the first time when I was 15 (that was in 2001, when I could afford it), when Levi's, Wrangler, CK etc. were the jeans brands and everyone wanted "blue washed". I was one of them. Right now, I feel like I'm back in that time. Especially the youth is into this style right now, high waist jeans, classic sneakers from Reebok or Adidas, bumper jacket and as fragrance CK One. For me, it's a feel-good fragrance with which you don't do anything wrong, always smell well-groomed, without appearing too clean or soapy.

A true 90's classic
CK One is your no-nonsense kind of fragrance. Very laid back and casual. It's fresh, lemony clean and a little musky on the dry down. It's a safe inoffensive pleasant scent. This really does put a spring in your step and a smile on your face. Perfect when it's hot and sunny. Longevity is above average for me.
10 points because...
...I find the current 6.9 points really unjustified. The fragrance is clear, light, and quite unique. I just got a little bottle for Christmas. It smells like when you wore Doc Martens, Palestinian scarf and bomber jackets.
It still smells good and somehow fascinating.

PS: The Plateau-Buffalos are back on the market. LOL

Dan81Dan81 17 days ago
Fresh and not just soapy fresh. It's ok to keep spraying it on it won't get cloying. Face of 90s as a reaction to the heavy scents of 80s
Carlitos01Carlitos01 134 days ago
ONE inexpensive nice fresh citrusy clean Eau de Cologne... That's about it!
Nevertheless it's a classic worthy of resting near your shower.
PioPio 14 months ago
A true all time classic. Worth having in your collection.
ElysiumElysium 14 months ago
It's a naturally clean, pure, and modern perfume with a refreshingly new viewpoint. This light, relaxed scent is meant to be used profusely.
KingPinKingPin 15 months ago
Avant-garde when it arrived, but time has passed it by. An abundance of better options available now.
ItchynoseItchynose 17 months ago
A pleasant citrus-floral fragrance that smells like summer holidays in the '90s.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 20 months ago
0.5
Hateful fragrance. I can't stand this one.
SeeroseSeerose 4 years ago
Schöner herber Chypre, angenehm leicht cremig-blütig werdend, ziemlich zitrisch, cremig-herb-harzig in der Basis. Ein schöner Alltagsduft. Besser als erwartet.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
CK ONE - Immer dabei!
by Sommernacht
Usurpation in der Kerzenwaschkugel
by Floyd
....pssssst....leiser unisex von CK :-)
by Babylon
by GreenTin
by Herkules762
by Herkules762

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein CK All by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Eternity Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein