CK One by Calvin Klein
Flacon Design: Fabien Baron
Compare Prices
CK One (Calvin Klein)
CK One is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Freesia, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen tea, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.04.2017

Bottle 2.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
Very helpful Review    5 Awards
One to shine...
Since I'm good in crafts, I'm thinking of making a belt with two holsters, all Far West and stuff, and pack two 200ml bottles of this little wunderwaffe all the time. Cause this looker is a life saver in all its salience. And a delight savourer in all its clarity too. It carries an one of a kind charisma to dissipate any troubles that may be thrown your way.

Traffic jam? Spray some!
Boring chore? Spray galore!
Dulled desires?
Galling quagmires?
Psychic vampires?
Spray some more!

There's nothing this beaut can't handle. Even getting the "poet" out of me. Even enjoying its own bipolarity by being two different fragrances, depending on where you spray it. Citrusy and musky clouds on my wrist, salty bitter woods in the crook of my elbow (whilst crooking it).
It almost changed my attitude towards Calvin Klein, since I never thought of them as a truly memorable perfume house producing fragrances with the potential to become legendary over time. Who knows, perhaps they were never meant to concoct august heavy hitters, but rather sanguine and happy carefree vagrants.
Oh, and its bottle makes an excellent atypical and kooky case of a hip flask when empty.
Cheers!
Scent 6.0/10
Very helpful Review    6 Awards
Crisp
I was not impressed with ck One the first time I tried it. It was so different to my favourite (powerhouse) fragrances, that I hastily decided that it must mean cK one was a bad fragrance. Its abstractness I also found to be hard to engage with. There was, however, something I found compelling about it.

It was only when I smelled it on someone else (a Korean teacher visiting the school I work at) that I really appreciated it for what it is: a comfortable, subtle fragrance with remarkable longevity.

To me it is all about citrus and how it has been altered to last an incredibly long time. Citrus, and in particular lemon is evocative of warmth, of Mediterranean hill sides and so on. As an essential oil it lasts maybe an hour at the most, but cK One lasts for half a day.

The lemon is not the warm smell of Italy or some similar place, but has a stark, crisp austerity. I find it hard to name the other notes, but there is a leafy greenness and what could, as other reviewers have noted, be a green tea note, or perhaps it is the combination of light floral notes and green notes. It reminds me somewhat of Dunhill Fresh and it is perhaps the subdued violet note I am detecting.

It rightly deserves the respect it gets and can be found very cheaply where I live.

Along with Vetiver by Guerlain I plan to wear this a lot through the hot Australian summer.
Sillage 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
Greatly helpful Review    9 Awards
Back to the Future
With the release of CK One in the mid 90's the landscape of designer fragrances changed from one that promoted exclusivity, to one that inspired accesibility for all ... a sort of 'revolution for the people'. I was one of those sucked into the vision and admit to wearing copious amounts of this one on a regular basis!

Never having been one for ascribing gender to fragrances, the hullabaloo about it being 'shared' or 'unisex' never meant very much to me. It was more a situation of wanting to feel part of the herd ... I had just moved halfway across the planet on my own and felt a desperate need to feel integrated within my new surroundings. Along came frags like Acqua di Gio, Cool Water and Issey Miyake which allowed this, as most social situations were permeated by the fresh, clean ozonic smells of bergamot, calone and the like.
I haven't had a bottle of CK One for the longest time, but trapped by work on a tropical Island for the moment and having run out of a daytime fragrance, I asked a friend to bring me a bottle from Duty Free on his way in. I confess to being quite enchanted once again!

The notes here at Parfumo seem a little incomplete. Various sources list them as bergamot, lemon, mandarin, cardamom, pineapple, papaya, lily of the valley, green tea, oakmoss, cedar, sandalwood, musk and amber ... and curiously one source even lists Hedione, a Firmenich molecule that recently celebrated 50 years of use in fragrances.
My nose having become a little more discerning since my original CK One days, I find that my wearings of the last few days certainly inspire memories of the past ... but I am also looking at this classic from a fresh perspective. I have Hedione in a collection of aroma chemicals and I definitely smell it in CK One. Chemically referred to as Methyl Dihydrojasmonate it brings a beautiful, non indolic jasmine note to the composition, complimented by major quantities of hesperides up top. The base here is powdery and woody, reminding me a lot of a Sandalwood compound from Robertet that I was lucky enough to try recently.

I find CK One every bit as valid now as it was back in 1994. Sure, it may be the 'one' fragrance that 90% of people on the planet who wear perfume have been in contact with one way or another, giving it 'mall rat' status ... but I am enjoying it again for the moment. Call me sentimental :) ...
Bottle 5.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
Very helpful Review    5 Awards
Mmmmm...delicious.
CK One is apparently almost 20 years old and I have never tried it until now. I just love it. Sweet, refreshing, lovely. Opens with herbs & citrus, very fresh with spiciness underneath. Soon the floral comes by - just lovely. I can't distinguish one floral from another, I will leave that to the more trained noses. At the end of the time it becomes fantastically caramelly and rich. I would definitely wear this during the coldest, snowiest, miserable winter to remind myself of the warm bright sunshiny days to come. It's not very long lasting on me, but I would make sure to have a vial in my bag wherever I go.
Bottle 5.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Greatly helpful Review    4 Awards
The pleasant one
What a fantastic, versatile and popular scent. CK One is a fragrance that deserves its massive success.

CK One is fresh, clean and definitely unisex. It's a sweet, citrusy and masculine fragrance, which together create a scent which can suit both men and women.

This fragrance opens with the citruses and fruits, however they are not a sour or strong combination, instead they are subtle and pleasant. While wearing this fragrance you can not help feeling refreshed and clean, almost as if you've just stepped out of the shower.

I rather enjoy CK One's soapy and citrusy scent, which is rare seeming that I usually dislike scents of this nature. I have concluded that it is because this fragrance is light, that I am more drawn to it. Had CK One been overpowering it would have made me nauseous.

Seerose 7 months ago
Schöner herber Chypre, angenehm leicht cremig-blütig werdend, ziemlich zitrisch, cremig-herb-harzig in der Basis. Ein schöner Alltagsduft. Besser als erwartet.+1
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 7.5
Scent 8.0

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty by Calvin Klein Contradiction by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Escape by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Truth by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein