CK One Shock for Him 2011

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
CK One Shock for Him is a popular perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesClementine, Cucumber, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Black basil, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbreine, Cashmeran, Patchouli, Tobacco, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.10.2020.

Cardamom 02
CK One Shock was indeed shocking for me.
CK One Shock didn't remind me of CK One at first. Albeit Shock's ingredients are vocal and stand out more, I do think the overall "lightness/easy to wear" that CK one had is still present in Shock despite Shock's greater longevity and silage. And it is Cardamom heaven! The gorgeous Cardamom reminds me of La Nuit de L'Homme, it's seductive, but takes a turn towards Tobacco and Musk, hence it is Cardamom 02 for me. Usually some lavender and cucumber on top but I can't smell Clementine. I love it, I am addicted to the opening and want to keep sniffing it. I may spray this on clothes as well as skin as I like to enjoy the top notes last longer.

Unfortunately, my wife does not like CK One Shock. Along with SpiceBomb Extreme, she hates CK One Shock. Something in there reminds her of her father using the bathroom apparently. Travesty. What does one do when your partner does not care for specific scent? It's a question. I keep my CK One Shock in my office drawer, occasionally bring it up and sniff it, waiting for Fall and Winter to wear this gem.
superficial freshness
Hello everyone,

to evaluate this fragrance I applied it yesterday evening and this morning and went through the various notes and development. In general I find this fragrance of the price performance situation of course for young people and small purses very interesting (which I think is also the target group). You get a big chunky, simple sprayer for about 25 Euro. The sprayer is made of plastic and seems "cheap" when you assemble it but hey, the scent is.

To the smell.
Definitely a spring scent for me, which somehow smells like a very well-known cleaning agent for the tiles. The fragrance has a very clean but artificial top note. I can see the cucumber (the fresh aromas), clementines and also the lavender. To the durability is to be said that the smell with me after 3-4 hours on the skin and on my clothes also the next morning still exactly as described in the head note is to be smelled. The durability is rather poor and I can't see any "development" of the fragrance over time.

CK One Shock is what it means to me.

A fragrance for beginners with a good price-performance ratio, poor durability and a synthetic freshness feeling

Elysium
Oh, là là! I fell for it again
First of all, don't make my own mistake. I have been ignoring CK One Shock for a long, too long time, thinking it was just one of many variations released after the CK One masterpiece. I suppose we all had the opportunity to try at least one of the many flankers that come out every summer. All with too solar, marine, salty, fruity, or green chords, and we had wrinkled our nose thinking, "hell... again another aquatic!" But no, I fell for it again. I have tested CK One Shock, and the bottle design doesn't exactly inspire enthusiasm, so I have taken my first sniff with some skepticism... and it was indeed a blow! Insane to make this a flanker of CK One. They could have called it with a brand new name and bottle, because it has naught to do with One original, and this is by far the most interesting CK One flanker in many years.

CK One Shock has a glorious opening, as others have said already. The most beautiful openings in any fragrance I have ever smelled. Clementine, lavender, and cucumber notes claim the top of the pyramid. Much like Burberry London but this is chocolaty patchouli tobacco, whereas London is vanillic tobacco with some hints of resin. I've read somewhere that energy drink accord is part of the top notes, and I get it. It's a sweet, semi-syrupy start that is as syrupy as the famous "Red Bull" drink, with a cherry tone akin to Insurrection II Dark.

Beyond its somewhat curious and brief but not unpleasant opening, CK One Shock offers a rich and intoxicating blend of spiced notes. Cardamom, black pepper, and black basil, a rare quality of basil, announce the middle, but it's the cardamom and pepper accord that comes through the sweetness of the top.

Chocolaty patchouli and particularly well-rendered tobacco are the base of CK One Shock, they emerge early, making the scent a pleasant semi-sweet tobacco glow evocative Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. The smell of CK One Shock tosses in that cocoa for darkness, then finishes with musk, patchouli, and some indiscernible dark woody tones at the end to distinguish its oriental side. Ultimately, there is an ambreine note in the base, which is a natural extract obtained exclusively from labdanum gum-resin, with smoky and earthy facets.

It's very seductive, not over the top, loud, cloying or offensive. Projection and sillage are relatively good but not overpowering or offensive with this. After about six hours or so, it turns a natural skin scent of chocolate, tobacco, patchouli, and slight sweetness of a fading cherry note. It lingers and catches attention for hours. It's elegant and warm and inviting, sweet without becoming cloying, however, heavy enough that it's best suited to cold weather. Recommended for use in median climates, for office, romantic, or formal events. Pretty versatile but not the best for hot days. However, if you need an evening or spring gourmand fragrance that is dark, sweet, and sexy for a special event or date, this smells wonderful, has decent staying power, and gets compliments aplenty. It will have a brilliant effect in the sunshine of a bright primaveral day.

-Elysium
Ethylglyoxal
Price Performance Winner in the Winter Wonderland.
Super fragrance, mellow durability, silly, totally unsuitable bottle (and name).
But that I want to smell my arm so often for the price is impressive. Because of the mediocre shelf life, but also because of the very low price, I like to take a filling of this when I feel like smelling like green cardamom tobacco cookies 7/10, but the smell is almost a 9.
Christmas cookies to spray
One of my first fragrances, due to the pirouetting Jeremy and the amazingly low price (200ml for a ridiculous €22.50). The fragrance still smells strongly alcoholic on the breath for the first minute. Only after one minute the lavender comes through. The scent was rightly described as a sweet scent, because that is what you smell the first few minutes. Slowly the spice increases. After 10 minutes the smell reminds me strongly of Spekulatius and other spicy Christmas delicacies. All in all a very delicious, gourmand fragrance for the first hours. At the end of the course, the tobacco comes through again and relaxes the sweet breeze a little, which I like very much.

Overall I like the fragrance composition quite well. It is admittedly quite sweet, but is also bleached out by the seasoning. Of course the scent is not particularly high-quality/natural, but it simply smells delicious to bite into. But exactly this is also a problem for me, because after a good hour I have already "enough" of it. Even in cold January, the question arises: Do I really want to smell like a Christmas plate full of speculoos? For me, therefore, a fragrance that is probably somewhat limited in its scope for many people. I really cannot imagine wearing this fragrance while the first crocuses are in bloom. He's just too sweet, too heavy and too... Christmassy? For me therefore a fragrance for the cold and dark winter, but at the latest in spring I prefer to put it away.

The silage is fine. Not crass but not bad either. For a good 2 hours I smell him clearly and I am also smelled. After that he takes off a little bit but keeps a good 6-7 hours in total, which is also totally ok for the price The flacon is probably a matter of taste. Probably due to the young (?) audience he seems very youthful. Not my cup of tea, but for the price, not too bad.
Christmas in a bottle...
A great smell. In my opinion, this is very underestimated, which is probably due to the not so good performance. Nevertheless for the price an absolute must. A blind purchase for everyone who is looking for a nice and cheap winter scent
SvenScent
Yes, Christmas in a (huh........) bottle, but...

At first I thought, well, you can forget about another comment on CK One Shock, because your pre-commentator has already said it all.
But after closer inspection and consideration the scent came off a little too well. Furthermore I think, one should add urgently still the one or other remark...
Yeah, I don't think I know any other scent that smells like Christmas. But there we are at the first point: Who wants to smell like Christmas outside the Christmas holidays? And aren't there even on the holidays more noble fragrances that are worth putting on? And do you even want to smell like Christmas market? Personally, I'd rather not. Mulled wine, punch, yogi tea and spice speculoos are not my favourite scents Now the reader will certainly ask himself why I bought the fragrance in the first place. Well, commentators as well as You Tuber praised it as a very good and cheap winter scent in general and tobacco and pepper scent in the narrower sense, which appealed to me. Because I especially like perfumes with tobacco notes. And yes, Shock has a tobacco note, but this one comes across far too sweet and pushy for me. To this end, the tobacco is almost pasted with other, equally intrusive, rather synthetic spice notes, which I am unable to identify in detail. In general I can't quite understand the scents mentioned here at Parfumo (and elsewhere). Clementine and Pickle, where? No cinnamon, no coriander? It's all a little strange for me, I must confess...
While the Sillage is still okay, the durability of CK One Shock is more than poor. After a very strong first hour he disappeared quickly. Why a perfume with such fragrances has such a poor durability is simply a mystery to me. The bottle, however, seems to be a matter of taste. Apparently, there are people he approaches. Also he has something at first, I have to admit, but on the shelf next to the other bottles and vials he always seems somehow out of place...
Even if I count this perfume as one of my worst purchases, I don't want to condemn it in bulk. During the Advent season and Christmas baking, it may fulfil its purpose. And on Christmas Eve of 2019 even I wore it again...

A good slide into the 2020s
wishes you all
Nick99K
Christmas in the bottle!!!
The Calvin Klein one Shock was one of my first fragrances, the second to be exact. Reasons for this were the following:
The price is hardly better, optically the shiny black bottle in the classic CK one look appealed to me and I really wanted a sweet gourmand scent.
I didn't test it before, which didn't bother me, because it was rated good online and as already mentioned the price was just great. When the fragrance arrived and I sprayed it on my skin, I went to the Christmas market in December with the dearest people in my life and then with you in the living room on Christmas Eve. There is hardly a more beautiful feeling!!!
The sweet tobacco I take was good and it is one of the more pleasant tobacco scents, not too strong. The durability does not disappoint me either, especially not at the price.
The women in my circle of friends especially like this scent and feel like me when they smell it.
In any case, the perfume will remain in my collection forever.
Scandal around Rosi
Due to the quite positive valuations and the low price I came across this sweet-spicy treasure. The scent character has already been described very aptly. The scent reminds me a little of my childhood, of Em-Eukal lollipop candies of the Waldkirsche variety, whereby I can also understand the chocolate association with coarser ones. For me, this extremely long-lasting fragrance is by no means an all-rounder. Due to the spicy, a little bit stinging peppery sweetness, it fits perfectly into the winter season for me. He smells very sporty despite his sweetness and heaviness.
I fell in love with the scent at an apres-ski party among all the party-happy ski instructors. The alcohol flowed in streams and "Scandal around Rosi" banged out of the loudspeakers. Sporty, cute, with rough edges! This is where he's at home

One big Shock by CK
In the last decade of the past century - seems like one million years ago - someone offered me a bottle of the original CK One. The year was certainly 1994 as that gift was a surprise for me. I never had seen it before in a Duty Free shop, so that flask was certainly a "fresh bread out of the bakery".
By then, all I cared about was Issey Miyake and Kenzo scents for summer days, Tuscany, Eau Sauvage and Paco Rabanne XS for the office and Kouros, Antaeus, Obsession, Boss Number 1 and Opium for a night out or partying. All of them had a magnificent and elegant presentation and had an extremely good performance, as well a very alluring scent... and a high price as a social toll. They were part of the "créme de la créme" back then, both for juice quality and looks (and price). Still today, all of them are perfume industry..
The original CK One was an unexpected launch for me. Although I liked Obsession very much (and still do) I did not care much about any other CK scent. I remember thinking that the fragrance was all wrong. It was democraticaly unexpensive (so it should be a bad scent), with an under average performance (so it should be a bad scent), with a vulgar flask and no cap (so it should be a bad scent), unisex (so it should be a bad male scent), 200 ml flask volume like a big bottle of a cheap drugstore cologne (so it should be a bad scent), and with a transparent juice (so it should be a bad scent).
I never cared much about that bottle and later on I gave away as a gift, not to my father but to my father in law at the time (I did not liked him all that much).
To my past century astonishment, Calvin Klein kept on releasing a new different multicolored CK One flankers once every two years or so. Unconsciously I labeled them all as cheap and low quality colognes, as I did before with the original fragrance back in 94. At the same time Paco Rabanne released the inexpensive "infamous" Paco. Oh my god... it seem like a spreading disease. I did not realize then that this perfume democratization was indeed very healthy. Due to this type of product strategy, now we have a larger industry with a larger offer, both in quantity and in scent types, and an extremely wider consumer base. With that conclusion in mind, I now admit that CK One was probably one of the most important fragrance of the XX century.
Twenty years later, older, wiser and with a different father in law, I saw a very positive youtube review about the new not unisex CK One Shock. "The reviewer must be sponsored by Calvin Kein" has been my first thought. Six months and half a dozen "Shocking" reviews later, I bought my first bottle of Ck One Shock for Him. Two years and two bottles later, I'm writing my first review on the CK One Shock fragrance. However, so far I have not bought any bottles of the original CK One. For this to happen, I must be even older and wiser than I am now.
As everyone knows CK One Shock, I don't need to refresh your memory in this lines, describing its magnificent bracing pepper and cozy warm amber blended with the intense and creamy tobacco notes, the confort of having a family size bottle, and the smiling face I put on whenever I pay twenty and someting Euros for this 200 ml Eau de Toilete.
By the way, have you noticed that this fragrance is quite unique in the [price & scent type & presentation] combo?
And if you compare it with way more expensive similar fragrances like Herod, Spicebomb, Pure Havane and Kokorico, they have been released at the same time or after CK One Shock?

And now, the mathematical magic mirror for this 1000 volts Shock:
______________________________________________________________________________________________
- Opening......................9.5 (surprisingly good)
- Dry Down...................8.5 (still good, but more common and a bit faint)
- Longevity....................8.0 (up to 7~9 hours on my skin, with 2 sprays)
- Sillage..........................7.0 (sillage up to 5~6 feet; it projects for 1.5 hours... flimsy)
- Versatility....................9.0 (just avoid the hot temperatures of summer days)
- Usability......................9.0 (a scent quite versatile and easy to please. Use it in all situations except beach, gym and sweaty events)
- Compliments..............8.5 (it will please a lot of people. Compliments will happen)
- Uniqueness.................8.0 (I will just mention, as a predecessor, a similar unexpensive fragrance: Bogart pour Homme)
- Quality.........................8.0 (above average quality ingredients; good spray)
- Presentation ..............7.0 (suitable for positioning in the mass market of which it is part)
- Price...........................10.0 (200 ml flask in the range of €22,50~€29.00)

- Average:......................8.41/10.00 (The only Calvin Klein fragrances I tested with this average classification were Obsession, both men and women)
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

My conclusion: Gorgeous! I do recommend it even as a blind buy.

Music: "I want you to want me" by Cheap Trick

TorkeTorke 49 days ago
Heavy tobacco scent. A cheap and easy way for the untrained nose to get into these fragrances.
Bottle is quite cheap looking.
Dan81Dan81 162 days ago
I cannot stop sniffing it. I love it, but my wife hates it so it hides in my office desk drawer waiting for colder months.
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 175 days ago
Old spice is more shocking than this.
Tobbaco and a bit of cherry.
Not bad but not astonishing either.
Regret the purchase.
ItchynoseItchynose 20 months ago
A heavy dose of pure unadulterated tobacco. As far from the original CK One as a flanker can get.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
4.5
Meh. I have it, wore it 1 time and it feels super cheap and artificial.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
This is for sure the best CK One to date, probably because it's not a flanker of any other CK One. It's a damn good sweet spicy fragrance.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
'Pleasant surprise' is a more apt name, not as catchy though! Begins fresh, then sweet & spicy, amber & light tobacco dry-down. Very nice!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
CK Shock is different from the usual CKs. As a flanker, it's miles ahead from the original CK One! We thank god for this fragrant miracle!

by GothicHeart
by GothicHeart
by Scarletrose
by Scarletrose
Vielleicht ist es für Mr. fresh schräg genug. Nicht gekippt, ein altes gesichertes Fenster , rechts ist der Sims zu sehen..
by Jomvaf
by Michael
by DerRalf
by DerRalf

Popular Calvin Klein

Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence by Calvin Klein Eternity Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein CK One Gold by Calvin Klein