CK One Shock for Him 2011

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
CK One Shock for Him is a popular perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesClementine, Cucumber, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Black basil, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbreine, Cashmeran, Patchouli, Tobacco, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.06.2021.

I'm Shock(ed)
CK One Shock starts off fresh with lavender, clementine and some green notes, then changes to a mild sweet-spicy fragrance. I detect a fruity aroma of cola and a little tobacco. The dry-down is full of soft amber, patchouli and some of those nuances of sweet-spicy tobacco glue, although it somehow retains some freshness throughout. This is a very pleasant fragrance that, for my nose, is not at all 'shocking', it is a good surprise!

I think CK Shock really deserved to be a standalone release, it doesn't really share much with the original CK One or its flankers.

For an apparent 'tobacco' smell, this is not an exaggerated and smoky male-type business, it is more suitable for men, but I still think that some women could achieve this, particularly younger women in a casual situation. For my nose, the smoke is quite contained and part of the whole.

As for performance, I sprayed it in the folds between my forearms and forearms, a spray on each one for over 7 hours and I can still smell it on my skin, after the first 5 hours it became much closer to the smell of skin, but it's still there 7 hours later. CK One Shock is not a silage / projection monster in me, but it is decent in the early hours. (note that it definitely lasts and protrudes more onto my clothes).

I do not recommend a blind purchase, as it may be a little risky for some people. Still, I recommend this fragrance!
Balticsea
"Baby, I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight *I love cheap thrills*"
Moin all you crazy perfumos and perfumas out there. I hope you are well. :-) We're in the middle of the next lockdown and I'm getting tired too. But I'm hanging in there. And when this madness out there is over, I'll probably take every party in the beginning.

(Yes mom and dad, adjust to your granddaughter, we are then times celebrate :-P)

Because that's actually what I miss the most. As an annual festival visitor, you often reminisce. But it must be in the meantime not at all the big festival. At the moment, I would even go to a, say - Schlagerparty.

"Bad music, expensive alcohol." That sounds incredibly great. :-) And as soon as possible, the first party "after" is mine. No matter how this looks or what the motto is. But for now, it's just a matter of continuing to hang in there. So keep on being sensible, even if you are tired. I am too. We all are. To pass the time a little I will give your eyes a little work. :-) With a new review.

Today we deal with what I think is one of the best Cheapies on the perfume market and the best fragrance from the house of Calvin Klein. A brand with which I usually perfume-technically so nothing at all can do. Short-lived, meaningless, and kind of "cheap" looking overall. But over and over again I've come across the same statements. "He's totally different." "This is supposed to be CK?" Over and over I considered, but didn't make a purchase despite the ridiculous price. And then, 3 years ago, my wife just ordered it for me without my knowledge. (Thanks honey, you may do that more often by the way ;-D) And that was a good decision. But more about that now - So "let's get started." :-)

The bottle: 4/10

Yes what can I say? A single full disaster. Flaskstyle, terrible, completely inappropriate graffiti design. cheapest plastic sprayer (which, however, if we remain fair, does its job better than expected) and barely recognizable filling level. Only plus points here that the bottle is made of glass (you see I have to look for arguments) and especially that you can easily unscrew the bottle with a screw thread and transfer the fragrance easily (into a nicer bottle).

The fragrance: 8.5/10

Let's give in to the scent progression.... And it has it in itself and has completely knocked my socks off. I expected nothing and was really extremely surprised. Because the fragrance has nothing to do with what CK usually brings to the market. Nothing at all. But let's take a look. :-)

Please ignore the above listed "ingredients" in the top note. Cucumber and clementine suggest a fresh start here, but I smell really nothing of either. The clementine is at most by a fruity sweetness to guess but in no case citric. And if cucumber is present, it smells just like a salad cucumber from 20cm away. Namely, like nothing ;-) The only component from the top notes that you can really detect is the lavender. However, even here not really topnote-heavy but much more recognizable in the overall picture.

Honestly, the scent kicks off pretty directly with a fair amount of sweet-spicy-synthetic cardamom. This reminds in its DNA a little of the cardamom note of the new batches of YSL's "La Nuit de L'Homme". Not quite as sweet, though, and with a bit more spice. A fair portion of (Cassia) cinnamon was also sprinkled here over the cardamom.

I'm surprised that La Nuit de L'Homme is not even listed here as a fragrance twin. Yes, they are two completely different fragrances especially in development. But the similarities just in the cardamom note are already relatively large. For me, especially in the first 30 minutes, much closer to La Nuit de L'Homme than to Pure Havanne, which is most often mentioned here as a dupe. Perceptions of fragrances are really crazy. I had to think at the first spray then directly to La Nuit, and I think who likes the, will also like the CK shock.

Because this cinnamon-spicy cardamom note remains until the end and always reminds me of Christmas. And now, as the third main player, the tobacco also finally comes through. Not at all intrusive and even for people who do not like tobacco at all still completely bearable, the bright tobacco supports the overall picture of the fragrance perfectly. All the other components I can not smell out individually, but they ensure that the fragrance gives a really coherent overall picture. It certainly won't be the most delicate fragrance in your collection, but it doesn't have to be! Nevertheless, CK has achieved something great here. An almost oriental sweet-spicy and very unique fragrance with its very own DNA that surprised me extremely. Well balanced and zero CK One DNA. (Thankfully!) The fragrance doesn't deserve to be just a flanker! Because for me he is the star of the house.

Short form: oriental-tinged, sweet-spicy, uniquely cardamom-tobacco-lavender banger (intensity of the three main notes also in the order) Synthetics are of course not to be dismissed here, also in terms of subtlety the fragrance leaves feathers. But honestly? Look at the price. For this, the fragrance is world class!!!

Durability: 7/10

Short and sweet, 6-7 hours is this fragrance on perceptible. For this price completely okay.

Sillage: 7/10

Two hours holds the fragrance on an arm's length perceptible quite well through. Fills but also directly to the prelude no rooms and is rather discreet. After two hours, it's already close to the skin. Is however completely in order. Nachsprühen costs here yes nothing.

Wearability: 7/10

Definitely a fragrance for colder days. In autumn / winter perfect. Then also almost everywhere portable. By the moderate sillage properly dosed even in the office wearable. I can also imagine the very good on a woman. Rather youthful seeming, but in the right outfit also in old age wearable.

Compliments: 9/10

Honestly? I still can't believe it to this day, but this thing works so well, I wonder how CK did it. My wife loves this fragrance, but also at work this fragrance has often spread joy. Women especially love this scent. Because it is simply seductive. Meanwhile, so many acquaintances and colleagues have repurchased this fragrance. At the price no wonder, but we come to that now:

Price: 10/10

Less does not go!! 23,00€ for 200ml!!!!!

That's 11.5 ct/ml!!! Unbelievable!!! At this price, everything else becomes beside the point. Forget the hideous bottle, the existing synthetics, the lack of subtlety, forget everything, because this price is a joke. And for this price, you're getting something that's significantly more valuable. For me, CK Shock is THE king of fragrances in this price segment and as the best of all CK's, it shouldn't be missing from any collection either. Blind purchase? 100%-tig!

Conclusion:

This fragrance has the quality of a typical spicy-sweet designer, but costs a fraction of that and is much more unique! Spicy sweet, oriental tinged. The best of all CK's and the star of Cheapies par excellence. H/S okay. Flacon a disaster, but doesn't matter at all. To all of you who don't want to spend money on perfume, this is THE winter scent for you. A no brainer, pleasing, yet special. Short and sweet: Great cinema!!!

As always hanseatische greetings ⚓
Kai73
it's enough to make a man's balls fall in the grass
Whether one writes to this fragrance now ne story or compares him with great moments ? I think we can save that. But what you can definitely do is to praise and honor him, honor what they have done from "ck" there. I got a bottle today, 100ml for 15,99€. A fragrance for this price, let's be honest, can't be much. But hey, let's try it. I learned again about Youtube what is really cool #JF. Order, test and .... and what then .... what happened after the first spray on my right hand?...

Quick note: I like scents like Spicebomb, the one , GUERLAIN , la nuit de lhomme, 360 red ,Accento ,(you notice my selection is not exactly brimming with sillage and durability. )

....and nu comes the ! CK ONE SHOCK !
a fragrance for 16 € with a performence you so of in the face haut! My God Walter. What does it remind me of? Exactly, to nothing. never smelled something like that!
Every time I sniff my hand I get fucking goose bumps. This is a joke, I do not understand. This fragrance could cost 50 € from now and I would buy it. And it lasts and others smell it and perceive it .It is synthetic at the start but sure , it may . Later he becomes almost soft and is again completely in another direction on the road and yes ,still horny ! People in the first. If you do not know him . Then don't get the new Helene Fischer CD but this fragrance. Called my buddy and just said " order ! IMMEDIATELY !

THIS fragrance is not worth his money

IT IS WORTH MORE !

THANKS CK one I didn't expect that. What you do there otherwise "no pale" but that! Since one falls really the bag in the grass
Shockingly good
With CK One, the people at Calvin Klein back then a real stroke of luck succeeded and undoubtedly one of the most famous fragrances of the past century. As well known as he is justified way, as boring he has become in the meantime, unfortunately. Also the many different following offshoots of the series were nothing special: Everything already thousand times smelled and one will smell everything still thousand times. Accordingly, I was surprised to meet this rather bold and accordingly interesting variant of CK One.

The bottle is unsurprising and joins the rest of the series with its shape. The piercing green lettering is not very elegant but corresponds exactly to the image that a fragrance called "Shock" wants to convey; young, different, not for everyone. For me, a quite successful design, deduction there is unfortunately for the cheap atomizer without a lid, as it is unfortunately always typical for CK One.
The shelf life is with in order, but not outstanding. Sprayed on at noon, the smell is in the evening on the skin only subtly perceptible. On the clothes you take him even later still strongly perceived, but the whole thing seems heavy synthetic and confused and reminds little of the actual fragrance.
The sillage is in the first 2 hours really blatant! First sprayed on one is slain by a Gerückswelle after the other. While this criticize some here I felt it as very positive. A bold and exciting scent like this should do just that for me. After this rather strong opening, it settles down a bit and seems less penetrating. After about 5 hours, the scent is skin deep for me.
The really interesting thing about Shock is the scent itself. The opening is really very synthetic and not very pleasant. Setzt this but first unfolds the top note their full glory. Both clementine and lavender are clearly perceptible to me. The cucumber is not really identifiable as a single component, but its influence on the entire composition is unmistakable. The scent comes across as very sweet and striking, but somehow also surprisingly round. Once the sweetness from the prelude settles, the whole unfolds a pleasant spiciness. Only with the base note I could somehow not do much. This seemed to me simply like a cocktail of various popular base components; not bad, but no noteworthy personal character.

I got a 200 ml bottle for €23, so the price/performance is outstanding. Although the base note is quite weak this does not bother. Since the sillage at this point is already virtually non-existent anyway, I would rather tend to re-spray and enjoy the horny top notes again. At this price, that's not a problem at all. The fragrance is certainly not for everyone, but if you want to try a cheap fragrance that you have not smelled a thousand times, then the thing is definitely worth a blind purchase.
The Other from Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein has dared to do something new, I know no other Calvin Klein fragrance that goes in the same direction. And although he is the best, still Discontinued....

CK One Shock is an oriental-sweet scent. Notes like tobacco, lavender, cardamom, and cucumber wait a minute. What? Cucumber. Yes, CK One Shock has a cucumber note that is present as fresh rather than cucumbery. So overall, CK One Shock smells, oriental-sweet with a very light note of freshness.

One of the best fragrances, in the category. Cheap he was or is still cheap. Although Oriental notes not everyone likes. Has Calvin Klein managed to make an Oriental fragrance suitable for the masses. Respect already times for it.

About CK One Shock is no longer spoken, probably because it is no longer a "beast performer". But in defense I must confess even if it has 4-6 hours shelf life on the skin, it keeps on the clothes whole 4 days.

Affordable Cold Weather Cologne
This Fragrance is a beast. For the price I would hard pressed to find something as reliable and long lasting as this. The perfect Winter smell with some leather, woody smells. I would recommend this to my worst enemy just to make them happy. Do yourself a favor and grab a bottle for your collection. You won't be sad.
A shock of rock
I own this fragrance for the second time now and I am still enthusiastic about it.
It is a great all-rounder that can be worn at any time of the year and on any occasion. The CK Shock price performance is unparalleled in this price range and many a different and also significantly more expensive fragrance in this direction has to admit defeat to this scent. Furthermore, in my opinion, it can be used by all age groups and is definitely suitable for unisex use.
Blind purchase suitable? Absolutely1! But you should be aware that you are buying a sweetish fragrance, which in my opinion is dominated by lavender, cashmeran and white musk. As here some people come to cherry....., no idea.
The durability of the fragrance is above average on my skin and even after 5-7 hours it is still clearly perceptible with just three sprays.
On clothes it is still clearly smelling after several days. Here it joins seamlessly with CK Obsession man & Woman.
Many people, both ladies and gentlemen, have asked me about this fragrance. The response was positive throughout.

My conclusion: Of course there are better scents but it also proves that a good scent does not necessarily have to be expensive. With its very good shelf life, the strong sillage and the sweet, gourmand nature, for me one of the best if not the best in this price range.

Ufooo
As I was sipping cocktails, I had a flash of insight.
Not so long ago I was having cocktails with some friends and what can I say. You know those cocktail cherries?
This is exactly what a component of the top note of the CK One Shock reminds me of.

In the truest sense of the word I was shocked when I was able to put the scent and the cocktail cherries into a context. It is the acrid, very sweet, artificial cherry smell.
This becomes weaker with time, but for my feeling it always remains in the background.
Because cocktail cherries disgust me, because they are very artificially sweet, I cannot get anything out of this scent
So the fragrance may be something for younger clients with a small budget, although there are much better alternatives.

Cardamom 02
CK One Shock was indeed shocking for me.
CK One Shock didn't remind me of CK One at first. Albeit Shock's ingredients are vocal and stand out more, I do think the overall "lightness/easy to wear" that CK one had is still present in Shock despite Shock's greater longevity and silage. And it is Cardamom heaven! The gorgeous Cardamom reminds me of La Nuit de L'Homme, it's seductive, but takes a turn towards Tobacco and Musk, hence it is Cardamom 02 for me. Usually some lavender and cucumber on top but I can't smell Clementine. I love it, I am addicted to the opening and want to keep sniffing it. I may spray this on clothes as well as skin as I like to enjoy the top notes last longer.

Unfortunately, my wife does not like CK One Shock. Along with SpiceBomb Extreme, she hates CK One Shock. Something in there reminds her of her father using the bathroom apparently. Travesty. What does one do when your partner does not care for specific scent? It's a question. I keep my CK One Shock in my office drawer, occasionally bring it up and sniff it, waiting for Fall and Winter to wear this gem.
4.5
superficial freshness
Hello everyone,

to evaluate this fragrance I applied it yesterday evening and this morning and went through the various notes and development. In general I find this fragrance of the price performance situation of course for young people and small purses very interesting (which I think is also the target group). You get a big chunky, simple sprayer for about 25 Euro. The sprayer is made of plastic and seems "cheap" when you assemble it but hey, the scent is.

To the smell.
Definitely a spring scent for me, which somehow smells like a very well-known cleaning agent for the tiles. The fragrance has a very clean but artificial top note. I can see the cucumber (the fresh aromas), clementines and also the lavender. To the durability is to be said that the smell with me after 3-4 hours on the skin and on my clothes also the next morning still exactly as described in the head note is to be smelled. The durability is rather poor and I can't see any "development" of the fragrance over time.

CK One Shock is what it means to me.

A fragrance for beginners with a good price-performance ratio, poor durability and a synthetic freshness feeling

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
Interesting beginner tobacco. Not too heavy and also wearable during a bit warmer days.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 months ago
I never thought a CK would be more engaging. I found it a little spicy, but without losing all its freshness and lightness. Interesting!
JFP26JFP26 4 months ago
Nice beginner sweet-tobacco scent. Good for teenagers. Weak performance for a sweet scent but a great bang for your buck. Not bad, not good.
OrandaveOrandave 4 months ago
Perfect all-rounder for little money. Simple but special!
EinsteinvEinsteinv 5 months ago
Sweet amber, almost gourmand. Cherry Cola vibes
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Nice warm spicy tobacco scent. It's cozy, sweet, young, without being cloying or loud. The performance is quite poor but the price is great.
HugoderricaHugoderrica 8 months ago
Sexy Tobacco winter scent. Great value for the price. For me, it suits me best when I'm cozy with a girl, very comfy
TorkeTorke 10 months ago
Heavy tobacco scent. A cheap and easy way for the untrained nose to get into these fragrances.
Bottle is quite cheap looking.
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
I cannot stop sniffing it. I love it, but my wife hates it so it hides in my office desk drawer waiting for colder months.
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 1 year ago
Old spice is more shocking than this.
Tobbaco and a bit of cherry.
Not bad but not astonishing either.
Regret the purchase.

by Michael
by Raf66
by Raf66

Popular Calvin Klein

Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Eternity Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein