CK One Shock for Him 2011

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
CK One Shock for Him is a popular perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesClementine, Cucumber, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Black basil, Black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesAmbreine, Cashmeran, Patchouli, Tobacco, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.01.2021.

I'm in Shock
CK One Shock starts off fresh with lavender, clementine and some green notes, then changes to a mild sweet-spicy fragrance. I detect a fruity aroma of cola and a little tobacco. The dry-down is full of soft amber, patchouli and some of those nuances of sweet-spicy tobacco glue, although it somehow retains some freshness throughout. This is a very pleasant fragrance that, for my nose, is not at all 'shocking', it is a good surprise!

I think CK Shock really deserved to be a standalone release, it doesn't really share much with the original CK One or its flankers.

For an apparent 'tobacco' smell, this is not an exaggerated and smoky male-type business, it is more suitable for men, but I still think that some women could achieve this, particularly younger women in a casual situation. For my nose, the smoke is quite contained and part of the whole.

As for performance, I sprayed it in the folds between my forearms and forearms, a spray on each one for over 7 hours and I can still smell it on my skin, after the first 5 hours it became much closer to the smell of skin, but it's still there 7 hours later. CK One Shock is not a silage / projection monster in me, but it is decent in the early hours. (note that it definitely lasts and protrudes more onto my clothes).

I do not recommend a blind purchase, as it may be a little risky for some people. Still, I recommend this fragrance!
The Other from Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein has dared to do something new, I know no other Calvin Klein fragrance that goes in the same direction. And although he is the best, still Discontinued....

CK One Shock is an oriental-sweet scent. Notes like tobacco, lavender, cardamom, and cucumber wait a minute. What? Cucumber. Yes, CK One Shock has a cucumber note that is present as fresh rather than cucumbery. So overall, CK One Shock smells, oriental-sweet with a very light note of freshness.

One of the best fragrances, in the category. Cheap he was or is still cheap. Although Oriental notes not everyone likes. Has Calvin Klein managed to make an Oriental fragrance suitable for the masses. Respect already times for it.

About CK One Shock is no longer spoken, probably because it is no longer a "beast performer". But in defense I must confess even if it has 4-6 hours shelf life on the skin, it keeps on the clothes whole 4 days.

Affordable Cold Weather Cologne
This Fragrance is a beast. For the price I would hard pressed to find something as reliable and long lasting as this. The perfect Winter smell with some leather, woody smells. I would recommend this to my worst enemy just to make them happy. Do yourself a favor and grab a bottle for your collection. You won't be sad.
A shock of rock
I own this fragrance for the second time now and I am still enthusiastic about it.
It is a great all-rounder that can be worn at any time of the year and on any occasion. The CK Shock price performance is unparalleled in this price range and many a different and also significantly more expensive fragrance in this direction has to admit defeat to this scent. Furthermore, in my opinion, it can be used by all age groups and is definitely suitable for unisex use.
Blind purchase suitable? Absolutely1! But you should be aware that you are buying a sweetish fragrance, which in my opinion is dominated by lavender, cashmeran and white musk. As here some people come to cherry....., no idea.
The durability of the fragrance is above average on my skin and even after 5-7 hours it is still clearly perceptible with just three sprays.
On clothes it is still clearly smelling after several days. Here it joins seamlessly with CK Obsession man & Woman.
Many people, both ladies and gentlemen, have asked me about this fragrance. The response was positive throughout.

My conclusion: Of course there are better scents but it also proves that a good scent does not necessarily have to be expensive. With its very good shelf life, the strong sillage and the sweet, gourmand nature, for me one of the best if not the best in this price range.

Ufooo
As I was sipping cocktails, I had a flash of insight.
Not so long ago I was having cocktails with some friends and what can I say. You know those cocktail cherries?
This is exactly what a component of the top note of the CK One Shock reminds me of.

In the truest sense of the word I was shocked when I was able to put the scent and the cocktail cherries into a context. It is the acrid, very sweet, artificial cherry smell.
This becomes weaker with time, but for my feeling it always remains in the background.
Because cocktail cherries disgust me, because they are very artificially sweet, I cannot get anything out of this scent
So the fragrance may be something for younger clients with a small budget, although there are much better alternatives.

Cardamom 02
CK One Shock was indeed shocking for me.
CK One Shock didn't remind me of CK One at first. Albeit Shock's ingredients are vocal and stand out more, I do think the overall "lightness/easy to wear" that CK one had is still present in Shock despite Shock's greater longevity and silage. And it is Cardamom heaven! The gorgeous Cardamom reminds me of La Nuit de L'Homme, it's seductive, but takes a turn towards Tobacco and Musk, hence it is Cardamom 02 for me. Usually some lavender and cucumber on top but I can't smell Clementine. I love it, I am addicted to the opening and want to keep sniffing it. I may spray this on clothes as well as skin as I like to enjoy the top notes last longer.

Unfortunately, my wife does not like CK One Shock. Along with SpiceBomb Extreme, she hates CK One Shock. Something in there reminds her of her father using the bathroom apparently. Travesty. What does one do when your partner does not care for specific scent? It's a question. I keep my CK One Shock in my office drawer, occasionally bring it up and sniff it, waiting for Fall and Winter to wear this gem.
4.5
superficial freshness
Hello everyone,

to evaluate this fragrance I applied it yesterday evening and this morning and went through the various notes and development. In general I find this fragrance of the price performance situation of course for young people and small purses very interesting (which I think is also the target group). You get a big chunky, simple sprayer for about 25 Euro. The sprayer is made of plastic and seems "cheap" when you assemble it but hey, the scent is.

To the smell.
Definitely a spring scent for me, which somehow smells like a very well-known cleaning agent for the tiles. The fragrance has a very clean but artificial top note. I can see the cucumber (the fresh aromas), clementines and also the lavender. To the durability is to be said that the smell with me after 3-4 hours on the skin and on my clothes also the next morning still exactly as described in the head note is to be smelled. The durability is rather poor and I can't see any "development" of the fragrance over time.

CK One Shock is what it means to me.

A fragrance for beginners with a good price-performance ratio, poor durability and a synthetic freshness feeling

Elysium
Oh, là là! I fell for it again
First of all, don't make my own mistake. I have been ignoring CK One Shock for a long, too long time, thinking it was just one of many variations released after the CK One masterpiece. I suppose we all had the opportunity to try at least one of the many flankers that come out every summer. All with too solar, marine, salty, fruity, or green chords, and we had wrinkled our nose thinking, "hell... again another aquatic!" But no, I fell for it again. I have tested CK One Shock, and the bottle design doesn't exactly inspire enthusiasm, so I have taken my first sniff with some skepticism... and it was indeed a blow! Insane to make this a flanker of CK One. They could have called it with a brand new name and bottle, because it has naught to do with One original, and this is by far the most interesting CK One flanker in many years.

CK One Shock has a glorious opening, as others have said already. The most beautiful openings in any fragrance I have ever smelled. Clementine, lavender, and cucumber notes claim the top of the pyramid. Much like Burberry London but this is chocolaty patchouli tobacco, whereas London is vanillic tobacco with some hints of resin. I've read somewhere that energy drink accord is part of the top notes, and I get it. It's a sweet, semi-syrupy start that is as syrupy as the famous "Red Bull" drink, with a cherry tone akin to Insurrection II Dark.

Beyond its somewhat curious and brief but not unpleasant opening, CK One Shock offers a rich and intoxicating blend of spiced notes. Cardamom, black pepper, and black basil, a rare quality of basil, announce the middle, but it's the cardamom and pepper accord that comes through the sweetness of the top.

Chocolaty patchouli and particularly well-rendered tobacco are the base of CK One Shock, they emerge early, making the scent a pleasant semi-sweet tobacco glow evocative Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. The smell of CK One Shock tosses in that cocoa for darkness, then finishes with musk, patchouli, and some indiscernible dark woody tones at the end to distinguish its oriental side. Ultimately, there is an ambreine note in the base, which is a natural extract obtained exclusively from labdanum gum-resin, with smoky and earthy facets.

It's very seductive, not over the top, loud, cloying or offensive. Projection and sillage are relatively good but not overpowering or offensive with this. After about six hours or so, it turns a natural skin scent of chocolate, tobacco, patchouli, and slight sweetness of a fading cherry note. It lingers and catches attention for hours. It's elegant and warm and inviting, sweet without becoming cloying, however, heavy enough that it's best suited to cold weather. Recommended for use in median climates, for office, romantic, or formal events. Pretty versatile but not the best for hot days. However, if you need an evening or spring gourmand fragrance that is dark, sweet, and sexy for a special event or date, this smells wonderful, has decent staying power, and gets compliments aplenty. It will have a brilliant effect in the sunshine of a bright primaveral day.

-Elysium
Ethylglyoxal
Price Performance Winner in the Winter Wonderland.
Super fragrance, mellow durability, silly, totally unsuitable bottle (and name).
But that I want to smell my arm so often for the price is impressive. Because of the mediocre shelf life, but also because of the very low price, I like to take a filling of this when I feel like smelling like green cardamom tobacco cookies 7/10, but the smell is almost a 9.
Christmas cookies to spray
One of my first fragrances, due to the pirouetting Jeremy and the amazingly low price (200ml for a ridiculous €22.50). The fragrance still smells strongly alcoholic on the breath for the first minute. Only after one minute the lavender comes through. The scent was rightly described as a sweet scent, because that is what you smell the first few minutes. Slowly the spice increases. After 10 minutes the smell reminds me strongly of Spekulatius and other spicy Christmas delicacies. All in all a very delicious, gourmand fragrance for the first hours. At the end of the course, the tobacco comes through again and relaxes the sweet breeze a little, which I like very much.

Overall I like the fragrance composition quite well. It is admittedly quite sweet, but is also bleached out by the seasoning. Of course the scent is not particularly high-quality/natural, but it simply smells delicious to bite into. But exactly this is also a problem for me, because after a good hour I have already "enough" of it. Even in cold January, the question arises: Do I really want to smell like a Christmas plate full of speculoos? For me, therefore, a fragrance that is probably somewhat limited in its scope for many people. I really cannot imagine wearing this fragrance while the first crocuses are in bloom. He's just too sweet, too heavy and too... Christmassy? For me therefore a fragrance for the cold and dark winter, but at the latest in spring I prefer to put it away.

The silage is fine. Not crass but not bad either. For a good 2 hours I smell him clearly and I am also smelled. After that he takes off a little bit but keeps a good 6-7 hours in total, which is also totally ok for the price The flacon is probably a matter of taste. Probably due to the young (?) audience he seems very youthful. Not my cup of tea, but for the price, not too bad.

EinsteinvEinsteinv 18 hours ago
Sweet amber, almost gourmand. Cherry Cola vibes
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Nice warm spicy tobacco scent. It's cozy, sweet, young, without being cloying or loud. The performance is quite poor but the price is great.
HugoderricaHugoderrica 3 months ago
Sexy Tobacco winter scent. Great value for the price. For me, it suits me best when I'm cozy with a girl, very comfy
TorkeTorke 4 months ago
Heavy tobacco scent. A cheap and easy way for the untrained nose to get into these fragrances.
Bottle is quite cheap looking.
Dan81Dan81 8 months ago
I cannot stop sniffing it. I love it, but my wife hates it so it hides in my office desk drawer waiting for colder months.
JohnnieShoreJohnnieShore 9 months ago
Old spice is more shocking than this.
Tobbaco and a bit of cherry.
Not bad but not astonishing either.
Regret the purchase.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
A heavy dose of pure unadulterated tobacco. As far from the original CK One as a flanker can get.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
4.5
Meh. I have it, wore it 1 time and it feels super cheap and artificial.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
This is for sure the best CK One to date, probably because it's not a flanker of any other CK One. It's a damn good sweet spicy fragrance.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
'Pleasant surprise' is a more apt name, not as catchy though! Begins fresh, then sweet & spicy, amber & light tobacco dry-down. Very nice!

by GothicHeart
by Michael
by DerRalf
by DerRalf

Popular Calvin Klein

Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence by Calvin Klein