CK One Summer 2008 2008

CK One Summer 2008 by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
CK One Summer 2008 is a limited perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesHedione, Aquatic notes, Watermelon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCucumber, Cardamom, Water mint
Base Notes Base NotesBlond woods, Moss, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.04.2020.

DPArtist
As refreshing as diving into a cool body of water on sweltering summers day...
...and then being served a fruity & chilled cocktail while a gentle breeze allows some rays of sunshine to slip through the trees surrounding the lake.

This is the only edition of CK One Summer I have ever had. I've smelled a few others but none seem to come even close to this fruity beauty. Like CK Be this to me is one of those highly addictive scents that I just love to smell, they're not similar scents but I find both extremely comforting and relaxing.

CK One Summer 2008 is just summer bliss, it contains hedione (the which is extracted from jasmin blossom. It's quite apt that 'hedione' comes from the Greek word 'hedone' meaning 'fun' or 'pleasure' and this could also describe this CK fragrance perfectly. It's brilliantly suited to those long, warm summer days where you spend almost all of your time outside, having fun with friends, or even just chilling in a park with a book in the shade of a plane tree, or on a beach somewhere under a palm tree (watch out for any coconuts!).

When I looked at the notes of this juice I was kind of surprised that it features no citrus. I always associated the most refreshing scents with citrus, but this has changed my opinion (I'm sure there are many fragrances like this too)! I could always smell the watermelon and cucumber though, which I guess give this stuff it's deeply aquatic feel. The dry-down is musky and there is an ever-present cool minty undertone which adds to the fresh feel.

This is an enticing and special kind of scent in my opinion, which I think most people will find hard to hate and some like myself will find difficult to forget. It lasts a decent amount of time for a fresh summer fragrance (if only CK Be lasted like this!) and makes a great alternative to a citrus scent on those hot summer days.

DPArtistDPArtist 1 year ago
An incredibly alluring summer scent (due to the hedione accord?). I'm not a usual fan of watermelon & cucumber but this is an awesome scent!

by Annie
by Annie

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence by Calvin Klein