CK One Summer 2019 (2019)

CK One Summer 2019 by Calvin Klein

CK One Summer 2019 is a new and limited perfume by Calvin Klein for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Coty. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesMarine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesMatcha tea
Base Notes Base NotesDriftwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 30.07.2019

8.0 4.0 5.0 7.5/10

Street Smart
I really couldn't avoid him at the airport for a mere 30 Euronen. It has never really gone wrong with me and the summer editions of CK One, especially when travelling. But also in the evening after a shower or for sports I always like to use one of the colourful flacons. What can the newcomer of the series do? He looks colourful and trendy and the included stickers to distribute on the bottle, wherever you want, I find a great idea. Now I have a perfume like no other has ;)

The scent is a little less conspicuous. But still very solid. Salty, tangy, a little fruity and very activating. Very lively and youthful, pulsating and tingling. Perfect for summer activities such as street football, beach parties or receptions all in white. It comes closest to the 2013 version. Watery and bright, somewhat more masculine and somewhat edgier than some of its predecessors, almost all of which I have known for 15 years (!). The salty sea breeze is supported by minimal splashes of tea, which spread a certain serenity and inner peace. A station wagon that gives self-confidence. A beautiful, easy to wear leisure fragrance, with which you rarely do something wrong. He could have been more potent, more durable and stronger for me. Although he may behave differently at home in a more moderate climate. Here in the south, perfumes imo have it much harder and harder and you feel scented people are much less likely to meet here anyway - at least my experience. No wonder if the fragrances last only half as long anyway or behave quite differently than at 10-20 degrees.

Flacon: hip, fun, colorful. Not pretty, but fitting. And conspicuous. Something different. And the one with the individual stickers is simply ingenious!
Sillage & durability: could only test it in warm Cyprus so far - but it is already quite quiet and quickly gone. Four hours when it comes up. But of course, as always, it's very inexpensive, so that it's not difficult to spray.

Conclusion: from the look to the sea salty summer refreshing fragrance - the 2019 edition of the CK One Summer is a small hit. Makes mood, keeps fresh, looks sexy, clean, spontaneous and ready for every holiday. Just the way it's supposed to be! I could imagine it becoming a popular collector's item at some point. Just because of his bottle. For me already my second favorite of the row behind the "Brazilian" 2014!
6.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
Every year! This time with tea! And with a comic-strip look!
Hiya. It's time to test another totally mainstream fragrance. CK One Summer 2019 by ... well, by CK just! :D

I'm testing CK's summer scents more by chance if I should think about it (I missed it in 2017, for example). This time, however, I was quickly attracted to this fragrance when I saw it standing on the shelf. Yeah, check out the bottle. The way Summer says it, he totally reminds me of comics, doesn't he? Yeah, it looks like you're reading a Batman comic, for example, and the masked avenger is beating up some opponents, and that's Zack! Noise! Bäm! are to be read as visualized sound effects, which, by the way, also existed in the funny Batman series of the 60s (you know, this series with Batmaaaaan. Batmaaaaan. Batmaaaaaan. Batmaaaaan. Batman. ... Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na, Batmannnnnnn!.. uh, you must know the song of the show!! :D).

As I said, I found the bottle interesting, so my curiosity was aroused. But I would have tried the fragrance one way or the other, because I think that the CK Summer fragrances are never something special, but they don't necessarily smell bad either, on the contrary, I even think that you could use such a fragrance with a good offer even a summer!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins fresh with fruity-sweet scents. Yes, there is something about maritime notes in the top note, but I find that they only really take effect after a little while, and the fragrance therefore smells more fresh and fruity at the beginning. I'm sensing a berry-like note, which is nice. Soon, however, this berry mixes to a rather general fruity note, i.e. rather with indeterminable fruits, where one simply knows that it is fruity without being able to name exactly one fruit. The Matcha tea, which smells a little bit like tea, a little bit like green notes and a little bit like diluted scents, is also quite nice and refreshing, but also a bit weak. By the way, this time the sweetness of the fragrance is rather low. Apart from the top note, the fragrance later only smells maritime, i.e. aquatic with salty notes on a slightly woody background and sometimes looks like a nice, fresh shower gel.
I must also mention the synthetic notes, without which these fragrances would certainly come across much more beautifully, but which here at this fragrance series have never really disturbed me. I also had the feeling that the synthetics of this fragrance were a little less than those of some other CK summer fragrances.
And so the fragrance remains, mainly fresh-salty-aquatic and a little woody at the end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is mediocre, but due to the maritime notes it is slightly better than the scents of the last years of this series. Nearby, it should be reasonably odorable for a while. For a summer fragrance, the shelf life is quite good with over six to seven hours.

The bottle:
The bottle has the same shape as all CK One fragrances. So it is rounded, rectangular, flat and looks like a small bottle. It is transparent and clear and has this comic-like label printed on the front with the name of the fragrance on it. This looks nice and interesting, but I found the older flacons with the beautiful color gradients much better, because they also fit the theme (holiday/summer fragrance) better.

Soo, the new CK One Summer 2019 is pretty good for a CK One Summer fragrance, for me it's even one of the best CK One's I've tested lately. It is noticeable that there is a certain kind of sweetness this time, namely this sweetish note, which often came across me like an ice cream waffle, which is tasty, but also quite synthetically scented. Also this fragrance is synthetic, but smells different again and brings a little variety to the CK One Summer series, which often came with lime and cucumber.

Because this one here smells like the sea this time, because it has a salty aura and could please everyone who likes this salty scent. Even if the salty note is not free of synthetic, it smells nice and reminds of the humid and salty air near a holiday resort, where you can't wait to run to the beach and... go into the water of course (yes, yes, i know for a fact that you all expected me to write something like "Watch hot bathing beauties in sexy bikinis" now, tsss... I should really think about my reputation here... it's shocking what you think about me... *sigh* ... hey ..:D And I can't help it if bathing beauties look so great, aaaargh! D

Hmm... I don't think I need to mention that CK One Summer 2019 is a... summer scent? :DD
Anyway, it's especially good during the day, especially on hot days, but be careful not to buy it blind, because salty notes are not everyone's cup of tea, because they can sometimes come across quite stuffy. Just give it a try, especially on a hot day, to see how you like this fragrance. I wouldn't spend 40 Euro on it now, but I also think that you couldn't do much wrong with such a fragrance for a summer, especially with a good offer!

Well, that's it again, and I wish you all a nice evening :)
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Very fresh summer scent
The fragrance is very fresh and smells slightly of peach and is perfect for the summer.
In my opinion it is more of a fragrance for teenagers as it is not woody or herbaceous but fruity and fresher. You can use it for leisure, sports, etc.. Benefit.
8.0 6.0 6.0/10

Febreze breaks new ground
I can confirm the freshness, woody...joah...but then rather damp and somewhat musty wood, but still not unpleasant. Reminds me altogether something of Febreze laundry scent.

Can you wear it? Personally, I'd rather smell a woman.

by Helge
by Helge
by ThoYv
by ThoYv

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein