Escape for Men (1993) Eau de Toilette

Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand

Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 1993. The scent is fruity-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Mango, Melon, Juniper
Heart Notes Heart NotesBirch, Marine notes, Rosemary, Sage, Fir, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.09.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Escape? No refuge!
Today, I discovered Escape for Men edt.

The ladies Escape I have in good memory and therefore I dared a blind purchase.

And what can I say - now I carry the escape - which turns out to be a very pleasant refuge.

This fragrance starts mildly fresh - not like a gush of cold water on your face.

No - Eucalyptus cools gently like a breeze and mango and melon make for soft aquatics.
Mildly spicy the Wachholder joins - Försters Mani at a quiet forest lake.

Fir and cypress lead deeper into the forest - without darkening the transparent scent.
Spices still resonate slightly - and the oakmoss is green, but not bitter.
The amber is sweet and the vetiver is loose.

With this pleasant light scented luggage the head forester can walk his daily kilometres in the "Waldesruh".

This calm, balanced fragrance will not frighten a fox or a hare - and will not cause either man or animal to flee.

Escapes nature nearness pleases me likewise, so that I would like to classify him as unisex.

The next time I go shopping, I treat myself to the idyllic forest.

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Exotic summer scent
When I smelled Escape for the first time in a drugstore, I was easily taken with the exotic scent.
It wasn't the one hundredth citrus / bergamot scent, but instead it came along as a quite independent scent. The fragrance itself is dominated by melon, but a hint of banana is added after a short time. In the background there are also slight notes of wood and floral. The Durft has something very slightly synthetic about it. This does not bother me, however. I would recommend the fragrance for the seasons spring and summer and rather for the leisure area.

Projection is about 2 hours average and the durability was about 6 hours with me.

All in all a good and unusual summer scent which I consider to be recommendable.
5.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Must have.
This is a sweet fruity green aquatic scent that's still manly...somehow.
If you haven't smelled this before, go for it.
It's a nice scent...
Don't you love it when a blind buy goes well?!
I can't wait to use this during the spring and summertime, drinking some lemonade, while wearing shorts & a tee shirt.
Maybe walking on the pier.
Anyway, that's where I see myself using this frag.
I used six sprays...both wrist, back & front of my neck, my chest and on my shirt.

Would I buy this again?...Yeah!

Does this fragrance enter BEAST MODE, good, just okay or weak sauce at best? Good.

What's the strength of this? EDT.

Am I willing to trade this fragrance? Yes.

Should You Skipped It, Sample It First or Blind Buy It?
Blind Buy Worthy.

Can you use it as a unisex scent? No.

Is it the old, new formulation? New.

What's its availability; in production, limited edition or discontinued? In production.

SKU Number: 088300190515 (Tester)
Batch Number: 6298 (Production Date: October 24, 2016)
Age: 18+
From: FragranceNet
Size: 100ML
Scent: 5/5 (Awesome).
Value: 5/5 (Cost $16.50).
Sillage: 3.5/5 (Four to three feet).
Longevity: 3.25/5 (Six hours plus).
Creativity: 5/5 (Sweet & fresh reminds me of springtime).
Projection: 3/5 (90 minutes tops).
Versatility: 3.25/5 (Can't wait to wear this during the spring & summer, during the day or night & anywhere).
Compliments: 3.75/5 (Well received, everyone liked it.).

Until next time, I'll catch you on the flipside.
5.0 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

A Delightfully Sharp Summer
This perfume immediately caught my attention the first time I sniffed it. It's sharp, fresh, and powdery, supporting a tropical fruit tone. The herbs remain in the background. As it settles, the aquatic and eucalyptus notes become more prominent yet still ancillary to the melon-mango-citrus melange. Escape is slightly sweet and delightfully sharp.

I love this perfume for the summer. It exudes a masculine freshness that is disparate from the typical summer citrus-aquatics.

Escape always projects enough to turn a few smiling heads and has fair longevity. I've been told that I smell "yummy" when I've been hugged while wearing this fragrance. Who doesn't like to smell yummy?
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

One of my first scents
Escape was one of my first scents. I bought it in 1996 and at that time i was in love it. It's a real nice release from CK that remains great untill now.

It's an all-year-around fragrance, but works better in hot months. Fruity and fresh, definetely worth it.

I smell mostly fruits such as melon and also lots of herbs/spices.

Updated January 2014
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

The scent of the Australian bush
While I'm usually one for darker and sexy scents on a man, I really do appreciate Escape for Men.

This fragrance is very Summery and fresh. However instead of being Summery in a citrusy sense, this is more accustomed to being green, spicy and slightly aquatic.

The melon and mango notes make the scent a little sweet but the strong herbs and spices keep the scent masculine.

The eucalyptus note in Escape is rather strong, and for all those fellow Australians out there, or people who have visited our country, the scent is very much like the Aussie outback in the middle of Summer, with large stretches of land covered with Eucalyptus gums, dry brown grass and rich, fertile soil. To me this is the scent of a rugged bushman. Since I grew up in the bush, Escape is comforting and natural for me.

Also, like the female version of Escape, there is a subtle oceanic quality, rather like sea salt lingering softly in the background. Certain parts of this fragrance certainly remind me of the beach.

All in all, Escape really doesn't get the credit it deserves. Although popular, very rarely will people see the composition itself, which is exquisite. I do really love this on a man. One of my favourite Summery male scents by far.

Firasmalanzy 18 months ago
The smell is good but it's too too heavy when i spray it on my body and my clothes
6.0

by Tears
by Acamara
by Acamara

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein