Eternity 1988 Eau de Parfum

Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Eternity (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 1988. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Sun Delight

PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk
HeliotropeHeliotrope

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2021.

0.5
PeonyFever
That was the absolute horror!
Eternity. I love complex scents that have many fragrance notes. I think it adds further charm to this hobby, but unfortunately I don't smell any of the notes here! I am horrified the 1st time I smell it on my mother, she loves florals and their variety. Well she's a lady with personality so I'm not putting my two cents in because she didn't ask me. Imagine what would have happened to me if she had haha. The only thing I smell here, and I've tried to befriend it many times and for a long time, is cough syrup with disinfectant and spicy cleaner. I've never had this with any scent before. It's absolutely horrible no matter when I try it, I'm the only one who can't wait for a floral, only the bitter pharmacist with the cleaning obsession. Help!
A real "always goes" fragrance
For 20 years, Eternity is my "always goes" fragrance, he is fresh, but not cytric, spicy without penetrating wood / leather / other!
A fragrance that fills the room in a pleasant way. The longevity and sillage are surprisingly good. A compliments catcher.
To you, my 14-year-old self
You are, but you can't be... Yet. Rebellious, angry, unbalanced, seeking one love without holding you to loyalty. A word that will be for later. Curious and overwhelmed... Someday you will arrive, name it all, and your path will be a straighter experience than you now suspect.
And that's you too, you beautiful eternity.... You are loud, space-filling-not always in the positive way-muddled, polarizing, and do what pleases you. Consideration is a foreign word.
Clearly, we had to meet. On a late summer evening, at our little market. By the stairs, remember? I thought you were magic. I wanted you. And I had you. And from then on, I loved you. You were my companion on all-night dances, on truant days as well as on the rest, when I vowed to get better. I could lie, so could you. So could you, when they thought you were gone.
What a mess I was.
To my 14 year old self, I stroke her head, wipe away her tears and tell her everything will be okay. Everything in its own time.
And so you were a beginning that I grew from. You're still standing in my bathroom. The last bottle I bought when I was 28, deciding that now was the time to bid you adieu. You're not gone, you're the experience of my life.
But now I am over my pain and over uncertainties of that time, including you.
You see? Everything in its time
Eternity/Made in USA vs. Eternity/Made in Europe
Did you notice it too? Eternity/Made in USA smells much nicer with lily, narcissus and violet in the heart note and subtle sweetness through heliotrope in the drydown. Eternity/Made in France, Spain or Monaco is much more discordant with harsh sage/freesia notes throughout the scent. The European version unfortunately reminds me of disinfectants, only the American version could win with me
A memory for eternity
Eternity by Calvin Klein was released one year after my birth and has become my mom's favorite fragrance to this day, and one of my favorites as well
A tribute to Eternity and Calvin Klein

Eternity came into my life as soon as I took my first breath .

The smell makes me think of my mother every time again and that for all eternity.

When she leaves this world, her smell will still be on earth and I will spray it daily and spread it into the world
And at my grave I will wear lilies of the valley, daffodils, violets and jasmine and pay my last respects with amber and musk
I thank Mr. Calvin Klein for this great fragrance that will remind me of my beloved mother for all eternity and will keep her not only in my memory but in my life.

Frauduftet
You don't forget your first great love
How many vials have I emptied from Eternity? This fragrance was my signature fragrance for a long time. It still captivates me today.
There was a time when you could smell him around every corner. The wearer was usually young, hipsters, buffalo, east pack, belly button pircing...
During countless greetings one was asked for the scent, or simply a recognizing "Eternity - gell".
I associate many positive memories with it. Every scarf, every jacket, every shirt smelled of it and was still present days later.
The perfect scent for me. One bottle is still in my collection today.
Sometimes I spray it in the air and I am led back to old times. I feel comfortable, safe, at home...
Old love does not rust
Queen
Well, okay. One thing in advance - I'm probably biased and don't judge completely objectively, because: the scent always makes me think of my mom. Better said, of earlier times/my childhood, because that was her signature scent for years. I was a little girl and as for probably all little girls, my mum was my queen. Of course she still is, but as a little girl you adore her even more. Through Eternity, she also smelled like a queen to me. A few years later, she always has the scent at home, even if she doesn't wear it very often anymore. It has now evolved in such a way that I too love to wear the fragrance and always have it at home. On the one hand it gives me a totally fresh feeling, on the other hand I feel safe all day long and I am often spoken to about how good I smell, maybe because I feel so good with it. I hope that this fragrance lives up to its name and will be produced forever, so that I can spray a small fraction of my childhood again and again. I love you, Mommy
DonJuanDeCat
A violent bouquet of flowers
Hello hello :)
Today I dare to venture into a fragrance that is certainly considered a true classic... and probably has already been described 2345 times. But I thought to myself, "Hey, what the hell? After all, you've ruined your reputation as a commentator on Parfumo anyway.... uh... ... I meant a reputation as an annoying writer, so it shouldn't surprise anyone anymore if I write a few words about this fragrance here!" D

Well... soooo... you know what? I must first admit that I have never been a very big fan of Eternity. At least not from the EDP for ladies, because I don't know all the other Eternitys (yet). My mother, on the other hand, is totally into this fragrance, so that the bottle never seems to run out (because she always buys it again, even though I've shown her some women's fragrances and she now has several fragrances, just because she's seen that I also have about 20 fragrances ... can it be that perfumes cause addiction attacks especially among women and you want more and more? And no, I don't just mean you, you fragrance freak from Wiesbaden, who drags me in wherever anything has to do with fragrances...!) :DD

Hey hey... argh, I'm so dead next time I see her... :D

Uh, where was I? Oh yes, I wanted to say a few words about this scent!

The fragrance:
The scent begins with all kinds of flowers, which (for me) only open up on closer inspection or sniffing out to some extent. As always I cannot name many flower notes freely from my head, but need the fragrance pyramid for some of them. Anyway, I smell daffodils, freesias (which somehow come across less stuffy or dry here than in other scents), watery flower scents like the flowery scented water at florists as well as sweet scented lilies of the valley. In addition, there are slightly bitter-scented tangerine peels, herbaceous notes (although I can't actually smell sage as indicated here, but more herbs in general) and, above all, beautiful green notes reminiscent of plant juices.
A little later I can see more flowers, such as slightly powdery-sweet violets and slightly more bitter cloves.
Unfortunately, there is also something sharp and ripe, that is difficult to describe. A fragrance that smells synthetic but does not really come across as synthetic. Something that smells sharp or bitter as I said, then drifts into stuffy air and disturbs me a little bit personally. I guess that's just a side note of all the floral notes and it may well be that you ladies don't care as much about that as I do. Anyway, the fragrance becomes quite heavy for me and I have the feeling, as if the fragrance could stay in the air for a few minutes, although the fragrance bearer should have disappeared long ago :D
In the end the fragrance is still very floral, but now a little softer. In addition there is musk and gives the fragrance a pure sweet fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is extraordinarily high. Because it's quite room-filling. As described before, the fragrance is not only good to smell on one, but also stays there for some time where the fragrance carrier has been slapping along with this fragrance :D Well, lovers of strong fragrances will be happy about this, but I still recommend to pay attention to the dosage.
The shelf life is quite long because it lasts over ten hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and high, seems to have a high quality and lies well in the hand. The neck is chrome-plated and cylindrical and connected to it is the T-shaped spray head, which is also the lid, or the spray head has been integrated into the lid. Not soo special in itself, but still quite nice.

So, well... the fragrance isn't soo bad now, of course, but I'll probably never be a big fan of Eternity, but I haven't tried the Flankers yet, so you never know. The EDP in any case is not bad in itself, as I said, but I feel a little overwhelmed by the many flowery notes, which also radiate quite violently for a long time. It may be that this fragrance was totally fashionable at that time, but in the meantime you might want to have a look at other fragrances, but on the other hand I also know what it's like when you have become fond of a fragrance and don't want to renounce it anymore.

Actually he almost would have been an all-rounder, but his intensity has made him more of a fragrance for autumn and winter. It can be used in these colder months as an everyday scent (but then rather applied in small doses) as well as for going out, whereby for me it gives much nicer scents for going out, but hey, everyone has his own :)

But for my mother's birthday I will certainly give her something else, a different fragrance, so that her number of fragrances increases again and she shouldn't whine so much that I would have so many fragrances myself, or at least more fragrances than she has... (hmm... the whining seems to be in our family... :DD).

Well then, see you then, and have all a nice evening :)

Opweh
A very no-nonsense scent for women.
When smelling this I picture myself on a meadow field, with only a handful of flowers. Smelling single flowers here and there.

The smell is not piercing — it's nicely mild and it smells very balanced.

I like it. I'd say this fragrance goes for about any situation.
Wetterhex
Tinkerbell in the herb forest
A light green forest after a spring rain.
The first lilies of the valley gently stretch out towards the spring sun. Everything is filled with hearty, fresh, slightly resinous air. The fresh green of the trees, young spruces, whose tips have been nibbled by the deer and which exude this resinous scent.
A torrent ripples through this stony, mountainous forest.
At first small and narrow, it makes its way through the mountain valley, foaming and rushing over the large and small stones. Towards the valley it becomes wider and quieter. Its water is icy cold and clear.
It offers a home to beautiful fish, the animals of the forest quench their thirst there.
First rays of sunlight draw beautiful patterns through the dense trees.
No sooner does the light reach the ground.
And there, on a big rock, she sits. A beautiful, delicate elf.
It seems almost unreal. A light green dress, long, golden-blond curls caress her delicate neck.
One almost believes to see a mirage or something similar, that's how fairy-tale like it looks.
Next to her in the soft moss lies an inconspicuous bottle. But out of it emanates exactly the scent that we perceived during our hike through the mountain forest.
And the next moment, she's gone.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
Flower bomb! Especially the vintage formulation has a very rich and dense texture. Leaves a nice trail
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
A very "cold" floral, but I like it well enough-mostly for the nostalgia it brings me. Overall, it's just not me.

by PennyT
by PennyT
by Rosengarten7
by Rosengarten7
by Bernebee
Ich liebe Lesen und Bücher. Meine Leidenschaft seit Klein auf.
by Baeumchen
by Alinamaria
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Perfume) by Calvin Klein