Eternity (1988) Eau de Parfum

Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design: Pierre Dinand
Eternity (Eau de Parfum) (Calvin Klein)

Eternity (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 1988. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Sophia Grojsman

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Mandarin, Sage, Green notes, Lemon blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily-of-the-valley, Pot marigold, White lily, Rose, Narcissus, Carnation, Violet, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk, Heliotrope

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.11.2018

A very no-nonsense scent for women.
When smelling this I picture myself on a meadow field, with only a handful of flowers. Smelling single flowers here and there.

The smell is not piercing — it's nicely mild and it smells very balanced.

I like it. I'd say this fragrance goes for about any situation.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 6.5/10
The first steps of minimalism
Eternity was officially born in 1988 but its spirit and character is typical of the next decade. It's a minimalist fragrance, the bottle and the scent inside are simple, clean, minimal.It could be a unisex fragrance . I recently re-tested after many years and I cannot say if I really like it or not. It seems too "cold ", it doesn't give me any emotion . Anyway, it could be a perfect "office scent"!
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Too cold and distant
I first became acquainted with this perfume back in high school. A girl next to me in first hour was smelling awesome one morning, so I enquired what it was. When she told me "Eternity," I knew I had to have it! So, I requested it for Christmas that year and received the big bottle with the dabber top. I had it all the way through hich school and college. A little goes a long way--It's big! It's bold! It definitely reminds me of the late 80's-early 90's! I hadn't worn it for years, but I recently acquired a little sample. It's still big, bold, and 80's! This is the perfume of the Ice Maiden. You know the type: The woman who crushes all of her competition and shatters every glass ceiling standing in her way of the top of the corporate ladder.

In all, I prefer warmer and musky-vanilla-y scents. On me, it is very cold. I enjoy it for the nostalgia, but there are other perfumes that fit me better.
Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 5.5/10
A great, clean '90s staple fragrance
Eternity has always reminded me of something a girl next door type would wear. Spicy carnation in a bouquet of lovely florals, a splash of citruses that help freshen up the green notes. Lily of the valley is bright and clean, and is a great complement to the soft and creamy carnation. Very pleasant.
A Carnation Classic
I have a miniature of this Calvin Klein classic from the time when it was still Calvin Klein Cosmetics ,instead of Coty.
Although i'm impressed with the quality of the perfume, and the originality (regarding it was late 80's),there's just a to strong carnation here involved for me to love it.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Eternity Can Be Revisited
"Eternity" is a modern classic that flooded the market and was an instant success. These days it's not as unique as it used to be, but it is still a very recognizable scent and I still get into moods where I like to wear it.

On me its the perfect lily-of-the-valley and carnation notes mixed with a zesty citrus note, and thats no mean feat if you know that LOTV and carnation can easily individually ruin a perfume for me...no matter what other lovely notes might be present, yet in Eternity they both live in wonderful harmony among the other notes. Its all sparkly fresh green with freesia and dries down onto a heliotrope base.

A lovely choice if you'd like a fresh floral that has great silage and longevity, and these days it's not as omnipresent as it used to be, so perhaps now it the time to try it (again) and surround yourself with an elegant cloud among the current fruity/candy wave that has swept perfume-land. It's still yummy and now there are flankers to choose from, too! ; )

I am aware that Eternity is often compared to "Sun Moon Stars" - I own SMS too and smell the similarities but also the differences and you should not assume that SMS is a dead-ringer for Eternity but rather that they are sisters, one sporty and extravert whilst the other is more demure and a bit dreamy.

Silage is: a fresh and elegant floral - longevity is: Hello! I am an 80s child! Smell me always and all day long! Enjoy.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Eternity = how long it takes for this scent to fade...
Very strong, heavy, spicy floral. Carnation & cloves are very prominent all of the way through this scent's endless journey.

Shortly after applying I get an underlying layer of laundry soap as well. I don't find that much depth or complexity here only REALLY LOUD SPICY CARNATIONS. Deadly strong - use with caution, may cause headaches. The tiniest spritz will last forever. Becomes much nicer when it finally fades into powderiness.

All in all way too much for me.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
The Quintessential Tattoo Frag
Calvin Klein ETERNITY is a big, bold, no-holds-barred, super-sillage, *very* floral floral perfume by Sophia Grojsman.

Like YSL PARIS (also a Grojsman creation), ETERNITY is a veritable flowerbomb (a name that would have been most apt for either of these two fragrances, among others launched about the same time...). But here the rose does not dominate, and is even downplayed, next to an assortment of other multicolored flowers that really do drown out most of the nonfloral elements from beginning to end.

Although I managed to drain a couple of bottles of ETERNITY, today I am wondering how I accomplished such a feat. It may be that during the decade in which it appeared, along with other super-sillage florals such as SUNG, CABOTINE, PARIS, AMARIGE, TRESOR, etc., there was a lot of Y2K anxiety in the air, and people were truly worried that they might have to get by with a single bottle of perfume for the rest of their life. These perfumes take the notion of "signature scent" to a whole new stratum, verging closer to "tattoo". Having once worn ETERNITY, it becomes immediately--and eternally--recognizable whenever and wherever it is encountered again.

This is a strong, in-your-face floral that cannot really be underapplied. ETERNITY incessantly, persistently presents itself to the wearer's mind (and that of all those in the immediate vicinity). The flowers are pretty, if a tad synthetic, but the sillage is almost suffocating. A further problem, idiosyncratic to me, is that I detect clove here somewhere, though it is not listed in the notes. (Eugenol no doubt looms large among the ingredients...) For several years now, I have found the pronounced scent of clove--whether real or perceived--to be very difficult to endure.

Still, ETERNITY holds a place in my heart, as I really did like it, for a time.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
The Ice of Obsession
Calvin Klein's Eternity is the cooly
reserved younger Sister to Obsession
but neverless a simply Elegant Monocrome
Shaped Bottle the best bottle design in
my collection in my opinion.
but the scent is a mixure of menthol
& powder. which is not my favorite
perfume but not the worst and i think
it smell to synthentic. to be my Favorite.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Sweet-scented laundry
I couldn't get over how sweet this fragrance was when I first applied it to my skin. I had expected something crisp and fresh, however what I got was something entirely different, very flowery and green.

Eternity is rather soft and musky, yet quite classic and somewhat formal. In my personal opinion, I'd find this scent a little too strong for casual wear.

I applaud Calvin Klein for creating a scent that would have easily re-defined fragrances in the 80's. Compared to the other scents from this decade, Eternity would have been a breath of fresh air. However, I must add that back then, and even today, Eternity is not a fragrance that will appeal to everyone.

I particularly like the drydown which consists of a soft, flowery, clean skin-scent which really compliments my skin chemistry.

My only criticism was that I found Eternity to smell rather similar to laundry detergent. It had that all too familiar crisp, clean, white shirt scent that for me seems a little bit predictable and common.

Bcars10 16 months ago
A very "cold" floral, but I like it well enough-mostly for the nostalgia it brings me. Overall, it's just not me.+5
Bottle 5.0

• by Alinamaria by Alinamaria
  • by Schahram by Schahram
  • by Echtdufte by Echtdufte

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein