Eternity for Men 1989Eau de Toilette

Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 1989. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Carlos Benaïm

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Lavender, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Basil, Geranium, Sage
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vetiver, Rosewood, Amber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.11.2020.

MajorTom
Eternity - really for eternity?
In general, I find it sensational when fragrances that were generated in the last century are still available today. After all, it's a small nobility if a product can last for more than 30 years in our extremely fast-moving times.

I was also one of those who had (not only this) CK at home, but then all the fragrances of the brand were displaced by the exorbitant competition in the merciless fragrance business and didn't find any attention in new purchases. Too interesting and tempting were the offers in the noughties, with some never before seen or smelled fragrance creations of new players and new niche producers.

But in the end, the friendly turquoise got a specimen wrapped up and so memories of old times (when not everything was better, but at least we didn't have a fucking SARS virus and no breakwater shutdowns! In the 90s it was important to me personally to smell "good", to leave a lasting impression and a lasting footprint, both on the job and with the lovely femininity. With Eternity, I had found a fragrance that served this purpose. Whether this positive effect from back then can be repeated today?

Immediately after spraying it on, a lavender cloud befogged me, which I did not remember from that time. Almost too sharp for my taste, the top note settles after a few minutes and becomes much more pleasant and accessible. Nevertheless, I wonder if at some point a kind of "reformulation", "reformulation" or similar hasn't taken place with this fragrance as well. Another hour has passed and Eternity becomes soft, almost taking on a bit of a feminine touch, but still staying within the range that I find pleasant. Then the Drydown, which in turn evokes familiar associations with the 90s, with a good pinch of vetiver, which neatly rounds off Eternity towards the end.

What remains? First of all, the realization why CK fell off my shelf back then. Because, as mentioned above, the competition never sleeps, and in the years that followed, it brought a whole host of valid and performant alternatives onto the market that successively made life harder and harder for the former top dogs. Secondly, apart from the fragrance experience per se, durability and sillage also have a hard time keeping up with today's stars. After four hours there is not much left of the vaunted eternity, which is a great pity and which I also have in my mind differently from earlier times. The bottle, on the other hand, is and remains a classic.

Let's move on to the distribution of marks.
Scent: 6 - because a (too) weak alternative to the big competition
HBK: 6 - other providers can do this much better today as well
S: 6 - Strongly at the beginning, just as strongly decreasing
Flacon: 9 - still an eye catcher. Not spectacular but iconic
In the end a former superstar, whose best times are unfortunately over in my opinion.

Classico che stona
Eternity for man è un classico per eccellenza degli anni 90, che poi si è trascinato fino ai giorni nostri forte della notorietà e dei richiami pubblicitari che CK sa fare molto bene. Calvin Klein ha ottime fragranze nel suo arsenale, ma a mio parere Eternity for man non è una di quelle. Green, smoky and sinthetic notes, in cui si nota una dissonanza palese che fa storcere il naso; adatta solamente in primavera, poichè nei giorni caldi diventa pesante.
Average longevity and moderate sillage.
Let's get lost
CK/Eternity for Men smells like Bruce Weber's film about jazz legend Chet Baker "Let's Get Lost": Late, gritty 80s black and white aesthetic. Palm trees in the wind. Beach and laughter. Kisses and champagne. Washed-out jeans, white T-shirt, black leather jacket. Retro 50s in 80s design. An "American" fragrance in the best sense of the word

ScentSlave
What happened to this guy?!?
It was fantastic in the 90’s (when it had no sprayer), with an epic projection radius and fantastic sillage. This current version seems “watered down with alcohol” and isn’t even a shadow of its former self. I remember wearing this with pride, but the newer version doesn’t quite feel the same. It has the scent of the original, it’s just WAY softer and weaker. The new version barely reaches a 2ft radius for MAYBE an hour; and the sillage trail is faint at best.

It’s one of those “nostalgic memories” that isn’t quite as good as you remembered. Like going back home after 10 years and excitedly ordering that awesome local hamburger, and being utterly disappointed in the sandwich you get.

I loved it back then, but the new product doesn’t do it like it used to, and I’m almost heartbroken.

Terrible
Desperately bad on every level. Basically a musky citrus-lavender fragrance smelling like a fizzy warm burp after drinking cheap Limoncello. Deadly everlasting persistence. Gross and discomforting.

4/10

90's feelings
It's a well blended composition of lavender, some florals and some woods basically.

A must try for everyone that likes fragrances. But looks like it had been reformulated lately, which turned in to a very weak version if compared to the 90's version.

Opens with a lot of lavender and some citrus, then joins the green/herbal notes in the middle.

Dries down to a light woody base.

Updated January 2014

Drseid
I Can't Believe This Turkey Was Made By The Same Creator Of Original Polo...
One of my least favorite scents. This was ridiculously popular when I was in my teens (I am showing my age a bit here) and I did not like it back then even though I, like everyone else had a bottle (gotten as a gift). Now many, many years later I still find myself cringing at even the thought of smelling this scent again as it was so loud, popular and over applied by most everyone I came in contact with. There certainly are worse scents out there to be sure, but this one just has horrible memories for me associated with it, so I give it an easy "avoid" recommendation. Polo Green was my other staple back then and I still like that one. 1 out of 5 stars for this turkey.

Great memories
It was very difficult for me to smell this fragrance again. Eternity was once a scent that made me comfortable, happy, dizzy and head over heels in love. However, smelling this fragrance now only makes me sad and nostalgic.

My first love wore Eternity every day. For almost four years and most of my teenage years, Eternity was more than just a cologne.

This cologne is citrusy, fresh, clean and masculine. It's not outright sexy, it's more of a subtle sexy scent. A man that wears Eternity is a man that is kind and someone you can trust.

The blend of citruses with the herbs and flowers are beautiful and comforting. I could spend hours just cuddling up to a man wearing this scent without getting a headache or feeling nauseous.

Many men may be discouraged from buying this because it's so popular, yet I don't think it's popularity should deter them. I don't know of any woman that dislikes this cologne, so it is guaranteed to please.

It's a shame that this fragrance has too many memories connected to it. I would love to be able to enjoy this scent for what it is and not be reminded of the past. But I guess that's the beauty of scent recognition.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
So many good memories ... for Eternity. Citrusy and green opening. Also floral. Lavender, Sage and Jasmine with Sandalwood in the base.
Dan81Dan81 7 months ago
Fresh but seductive with Geranium and amber. I loved it in high school in 90s, it was a step from fresh CKOne and ADG but not too mature.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Not bad per se, but excruciatingly bland and boring.

by Timmama
by Drakecito
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty Essence by Calvin Klein Eternity Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein