Euphoria 2005Eau de Parfum

Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Calvin Klein, Fabien Baron
Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPomegranate, Persimmon, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesChampaca flower, Lotus, Black orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Black violet, Creamy notes, Mahogany wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.02.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Natalia Vodianova, photographed by Steven Meisel.

Illuminating and radiant
2020 was a difficult year for all of us.
Many things happened and divided the world. Many victims and many sick. Reason enough for sadness, for humility but also for reflection and peace.
Instead, there is ranting, grumbling,arguing for all it's worth. Everyone else is to blame, only we ourselves are not.
In such times you need a fragrance that can cheer up. Something peaceful and reconciling.
A fragrance that has a calming effect.
Such a fragrance is for me Euphoria.
It has never been a fragrance that, when I first sniff it, immediately makes me whoop with rapture and goes straight into the shopping basket.
He unfolds his pleasant and calm radiation only when wearing itself.
He is not even something special or even a masterpiece. But good and solidly made Euphoria is in any case.
I can not even smell the individual fragrances well herraus, I do not know how Kaki or Champaka smell. Pomegranate I have eaten before, but how the smells I do not know more.
Overall, however, it seems brightly fruity, pure radiant, not too sweet.
He has a creamy and woody undertone, amber can be detected.
Black orchids even exist in real, more dark purple: Maxillaria schunkeana. About their fragrance I know nothing, and also not all orchids smell.
Vanillig I would not exactly describe the fragrance either. Ambry fruity, lychee also comes to mind. That's how I would describe the scent.
Last year 2019 I got the fragrance as a 30 ml bottle as a gift and since then I have worn it often and with pleasure at work.
Wasn't quite sure about it at first but now I really appreciate it and will probably get a refill.
I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Beguiling Sensual Classy Classic That's Underrated
Recently I was tidying sections of my bedroom and came across a bottle of perfume which I realised I had completely forgotten I had. It's an older formulation, thankfully, because after spraying it on this evening I was reminded why I loved it.

Euphoria has a beautiful and sweet opening with a strong, lusty burst of berries and fruits. After about half an hour this blends with the sweet florals of the heart which make for a beautiful and sensual fragrance. The heart is a blend of sweet, spicy fruity florals. This is due to the sweet, somewhat heady lotus and the strong, spicy vanilla scent of the orchid is given more strength by the vanilla in the base. Champaca, which is rarely seen in fragrances because of its price, provides a scent a little like orange blossoms and has both the floral-fruitiness of magnolia and the spicy characteristics of star anise. Whether in the initial opening or the heart, the notes blend seamlessly to create a soothing yet exotic and elegant fragrance. The drydown mellows into a still sweet but woody amber with the musk wafting up now and again and ensuring the scent remains both sensual and inviting without being in any way overpowering.

This is a fragrance that can be worn to most occasions and places although I think it best suited to cooler weather and evenings. That said, it's not overpowering and could be worn to the office and throughout the day time although I don't think it's suited for hot or humid weather. Euphoria lasts quite a decent time for its price and for being an EDT. It was still noticeable on my skin 7 hours after first applied. It's projection is moderate and if you want to make it more noticeable, you can also spray it on your clothing. My bottle, as mentioned, is a very feminine fragrance and the wood notes are not too strong. Apparently the reformulated versions nowadays are much more woody and masculine which is a shame. Whilst Euphoria is not my signature scent nor one of the perfumes I will wear often, it is still a lovely warm and sensual fragrance and although it will take me some time to run out compared with other, more expensive and niche scents, when it does I will be replacing it if I can find another original formulation.
The Conversion
We all change. This is the way of the world. Over the years we may ideally become wiser, but certainly greyer and more inelastic ;) Our fragrance taste is also changing. What we once liked may no longer inspire us, but what we never loved may suddenly bring us a second spring. This is what happened to me with Calvin Klein's classic Euphoria.

It was released in 2005 and flew under my radar. With some fragrances, which are always reliably everywhere, in every department store and in every perfumery, it is like with the washboard stomach. "Washboard abs? - I already have, don't suit me". And with those same scents that are always there somehow: "Fragrance XY? I've seen it before. I don't like". Even though the test may have been years ago.

I liked Euphoria already, but I never considered buying one. Some time ago I was looking for a dark, berry, sweet and palatable scent. Among other things Euphoria was recommended to me by dear fellow perfumas/-os, and I also got a sample from a dear donor (I don't know who it was anymore, but thanks again!). To my own surprise, I completely emptied the rehearsal. Nevertheless, it was not enough for a purchase at that time. Until now, when he came to my mind again.

And now with every spray, I'm more enchanted. Euphoria smells like dark berries (whether it is pomegranate or berries, I can tell the difference in taste, but in fragrances I can not do that). Sweet, but by far not as sweet as the still so popular sweet fragrances. Flowery, without being soapy or stuffy. Deep, dark, sweet, sweet, flowery, velvety, feminine and absolutely great! Moderately a great companion doses in autumn, but absolutely also in the evening.

Euphoria is a new fragrance treasure for me, and when I look at how many people already own it, I am once again a late bloomer. I haven't paid much attention to him for so long, but I'm all the happier now.

Therefore, my advice to all who want to hear one: When you're strolling through the scent temples and departments and you meet such a classic and immediately think: "Oh, I know him, he was nothing". Then stop! Don't you dare spray again! It could hide a new love in the bottle, which was somehow always there...
Big surprise
I received the perfume as a gift 13 years ago and was skeptical when I saw the packaging. I used to associate Ck one with Ck. My joy was limited. But then, when I sprayed it on, I was immediately blown away. It smells so delicious, seductive to bite on. It's a beguiling scent for me. Friends often asked me about this perfume and bought it. It stays on the skin for a long time and I smell it on me for a long time. I still love it today and like to wear it further

Woody Note
To me, this is thoroughly dominated by a dark rich woody note - presumably the mahogany. It grows on me during the course of the wearing, reaching the point @ which loving it I am loving it, and awaiting the next draught with the keenest anticipation.

Sufficient muskiness÷ambriness; the other notes, to my perception, merely ancilliary to the wood.

I always say, uw know, that a characteristic of Prada 'fumes is a woody note similar to that which is preëminent in this; but I have difficulty getting others to concur. Of course, many 'fumes have these woody notes (a very nice exposition of the ebony wood note is delivered by Roberto Cavalli's ~Assoluto Nero~), but rarely is it so preëminent as in this (& as in ~Assoluto Nero~).

Actually, what I said about Prada 'fumes - I think that possibly might be more of a wood-^polish^-y sort of note: whatever - they somehow remind me of the interior of an august well-mainained library.

I did say that the other notes are merely ancilliary to the wood; but I am wondering whether the pomegranate note mght be at least ¯foremostly¯ ancilliary, to the extent that what I am calling ~mahogany~ is rather an accord of mahogany & pomegranate. This would obviously chime better with the map herein of note-prominence onto font-size, ~pomegranate~ having a conspicuously larger font than others; but I persist in adducing that the woody note is the preëminent one!

CK Euphoria
The tart fruit salad top notes aren't unpleasant, per se, but definitely aren't what I usually prefer in a scent. But it's worth the wait. Euphoria dries down to the best woody/musky/creamy scent I've ever smelled. This isn't a perfume for the faint of heart. It's got old school powerhouse longevity and sillage while actually bringing something new to the table. This really doesn't smell like everything else out there (although Nicole Richie's signature scent comes close). I do find that this proves to be a little too much too much for the Texas summer heat, and I can't wait to pull this out when the temperature drops.

Commonality At Its Best
A warm, but familiar fragrance. Sweet and fruity to start, Euphoria quickly wraps it up with musk and patchouli into a common perfume that does smell rather nice but leaves in two hours on me. I really enjoyed this but I kept thinking of other similar scents like Betsey Johnson, for example. It just seems to be the popular scent of today and not unique.
It's a sweet patchouli, uplifting and clean, I'll give it that. The musk, for its short duration, wraps itself around the woods and fruits tightly. But without a good staying power and its commonality, I'm not sold or euphoric about this fragrance.
Euphoria is certainly wearable anywhere with its pleasant enough scent. Daytime, nighttime, anytime. But blending in with the crowd is going to happen and I believe your fragrance should make you feel special and unique. If it doesn't, keep looking for one that will set you apart from the crowd. No need to blend in when you don't have to.

cloying, thick, murky
If you don't like orientals stay away from this. I gave it to a girlfriend,(because no-one in my family or co-workers would take it) who gave it to her daughter, who gave it to her friend...

Deeeelicious...
Deep, rich, sweet, woodsy musk. Smells so delicious, like you could eat it. Amazingly juicy, dark berries is what I get. Rich ruby red and glistening. I also love the heart notes in Euphoria. It becomes more musky and powdery as it dries down and at the end there comes creamy amber, violet and wood. When I smell this the little girl inside me tells me this is how a real princess should smell.

A latecomer to the classic Calvin Klein line-up
I am of the considered opinion that the house of Calvin Klein did more for the popularization of perfume than any other company in history. I say this because they arrived on the scene with a clean, streamlined design concept and a series of straightforward, largely linear, unforgettable perfumes to which every later designer launch has been compared in one way or another.

Things have changed considerably chez Calvin Klein since its subsumption under Coty Prestige, what with flanker madness and a long list of ridiculous limited edition releases. EUPHORIA, however, harks back to the origins of this house, with a thick, heavy, tattoo-like identity in yet another unique and sleek bottle design.

Some people may say that Estée Lauder did more than Calvin Klein to bring perfume to the masses. I, however, beg to differ. The reason is simple: the Estée Lauder target market niche has always been middle class American housewives. Calvin Klein aimed much lower and more broadly, to the college-aged cool crowd--young men and women alike--many of whom would eventually grow up to be middle class, middle-aged housewives and their spouses, but in those crucial years of olfactory taste development, they were all wearing Calvin Klein.

There are some exceptions to the rule, no doubt. I have seen reviewers claim that they dislike everything that Calvin Klein ever put out. Nonetheless, many people had their first meaningful encounter with a Calvin Klein perfume precisely because it was so easy to grasp and impossible to forget. EUPHORIA is just such a scent.

Purple floriental woodiness with a slightly masculine-leaning edge makes this composition like nothing else in the classic Calvin Klein line-up and many, many subsequent perfumes launched by other houses have shared these same simple, in some ways blunt features, with the result that it's not possible to wear them without thinking of EUPHORIA.

This staking out of a plot on the grand olfactory map is essential to any perfume aspiring to iconic status. It must really smell different from everything which came before--and EUPHORIA does. Just as in the wake of ANGEL, every sweet patchouli fragrance evokes memories of the first member of the series, EUPHORIA is the touchstone for purple woody florientals, and I admire it for that reason alone, even though I hardly ever wear it.

LucielizLucieliz 2 years ago
This is a woody scent with black orchid and a touch of pomegranate. Elegant, prominent, for a powerful and sensual woman.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Lightly sweet and not at all sweetish, well balanced and discrete but with character. Warm and pleasant but only suggested the mahogany note

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact , auf/In Orchidee gesetzt und Fotoapp benutzt.
by Baeumchen
by AFreimann
by Lah2o
by Lah2o

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Liquid Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Eternity Summer 2011 by Calvin Klein CK One Summer 2014 by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him Street Edition by Calvin Klein