Euphoria (2005) Eau de Parfum

Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design: Calvin Klein, Fabien Baron

Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPomegranate, Persimmon, Green notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesChampaca flower, Lotus, Black orchid
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Black violet, Creamy notes, Mahogany wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.04.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Natalia Vodianova, photographed by Steven Meisel.

Big surprise
I received the perfume as a gift 13 years ago and was skeptical when I saw the packaging. I used to associate Ck one with Ck. My joy was limited. But then, when I sprayed it on, I was immediately blown away. It smells so delicious, seductive to bite on. It's a beguiling scent for me. Friends often asked me about this perfume and bought it. It stays on the skin for a long time and I smell it on me for a long time. I still love it today and like to wear it further

Woody Note
To me, this is thoroughly dominated by a dark rich woody note - presumably the mahogany. It grows on me during the course of the wearing, reaching the point @ which loving it I am loving it, and awaiting the next draught with the keenest anticipation.

Sufficient muskiness÷ambriness; the other notes, to my perception, merely ancilliary to the wood.

I always say, uw know, that a characteristic of Prada 'fumes is a woody note similar to that which is preëminent in this; but I have difficulty getting others to concur. Of course, many 'fumes have these woody notes (a very nice exposition of the ebony wood note is delivered by Roberto Cavalli's ~Assoluto Nero~), but rarely is it so preëminent as in this (& as in ~Assoluto Nero~).

Actually, what I said about Prada 'fumes - I think that possibly might be more of a wood-^polish^-y sort of note: whatever - they somehow remind me of the interior of an august well-mainained library.

I did say that the other notes are merely ancilliary to the wood; but I am wondering whether the pomegranate note mght be at least ¯foremostly¯ ancilliary, to the extent that what I am calling ~mahogany~ is rather an accord of mahogany & pomegranate. This would obviously chime better with the map herein of note-prominence onto font-size, ~pomegranate~ having a conspicuously larger font than others; but I persist in adducing that the woody note is the preëminent one!

CK Euphoria
The tart fruit salad top notes aren't unpleasant, per se, but definitely aren't what I usually prefer in a scent. But it's worth the wait. Euphoria dries down to the best woody/musky/creamy scent I've ever smelled. This isn't a perfume for the faint of heart. It's got old school powerhouse longevity and sillage while actually bringing something new to the table. This really doesn't smell like everything else out there (although Nicole Richie's signature scent comes close). I do find that this proves to be a little too much too much for the Texas summer heat, and I can't wait to pull this out when the temperature drops.
2.5 2.5 2.5 1.0/10

Commonality At Its Best
A warm, but familiar fragrance. Sweet and fruity to start, Euphoria quickly wraps it up with musk and patchouli into a common perfume that does smell rather nice but leaves in two hours on me. I really enjoyed this but I kept thinking of other similar scents like Betsey Johnson, for example. It just seems to be the popular scent of today and not unique.
It's a sweet patchouli, uplifting and clean, I'll give it that. The musk, for its short duration, wraps itself around the woods and fruits tightly. But without a good staying power and its commonality, I'm not sold or euphoric about this fragrance.
Euphoria is certainly wearable anywhere with its pleasant enough scent. Daytime, nighttime, anytime. But blending in with the crowd is going to happen and I believe your fragrance should make you feel special and unique. If it doesn't, keep looking for one that will set you apart from the crowd. No need to blend in when you don't have to.

cloying, thick, murky
If you don't like orientals stay away from this. I gave it to a girlfriend,(because no-one in my family or co-workers would take it) who gave it to her daughter, who gave it to her friend...
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Deeeelicious...
Deep, rich, sweet, woodsy musk. Smells so delicious, like you could eat it. Amazingly juicy, dark berries is what I get. Rich ruby red and glistening. I also love the heart notes in Euphoria. It becomes more musky and powdery as it dries down and at the end there comes creamy amber, violet and wood. When I smell this the little girl inside me tells me this is how a real princess should smell.
10.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

A latecomer to the classic Calvin Klein line-up
I am of the considered opinion that the house of Calvin Klein did more for the popularization of perfume than any other company in history. I say this because they arrived on the scene with a clean, streamlined design concept and a series of straightforward, largely linear, unforgettable perfumes to which every later designer launch has been compared in one way or another.

Things have changed considerably chez Calvin Klein since its subsumption under Coty Prestige, what with flanker madness and a long list of ridiculous limited edition releases. EUPHORIA, however, harks back to the origins of this house, with a thick, heavy, tattoo-like identity in yet another unique and sleek bottle design.

Some people may say that Estée Lauder did more than Calvin Klein to bring perfume to the masses. I, however, beg to differ. The reason is simple: the Estée Lauder target market niche has always been middle class American housewives. Calvin Klein aimed much lower and more broadly, to the college-aged cool crowd--young men and women alike--many of whom would eventually grow up to be middle class, middle-aged housewives and their spouses, but in those crucial years of olfactory taste development, they were all wearing Calvin Klein.

There are some exceptions to the rule, no doubt. I have seen reviewers claim that they dislike everything that Calvin Klein ever put out. Nonetheless, many people had their first meaningful encounter with a Calvin Klein perfume precisely because it was so easy to grasp and impossible to forget. EUPHORIA is just such a scent.

Purple floriental woodiness with a slightly masculine-leaning edge makes this composition like nothing else in the classic Calvin Klein line-up and many, many subsequent perfumes launched by other houses have shared these same simple, in some ways blunt features, with the result that it's not possible to wear them without thinking of EUPHORIA.

This staking out of a plot on the grand olfactory map is essential to any perfume aspiring to iconic status. It must really smell different from everything which came before--and EUPHORIA does. Just as in the wake of ANGEL, every sweet patchouli fragrance evokes memories of the first member of the series, EUPHORIA is the touchstone for purple woody florientals, and I admire it for that reason alone, even though I hardly ever wear it.

Helpful Review
like the forbidden flanker better
I understand the hype, it evolves beautifully and is slightly edible, yet I just can not Love it. It does not have vanilla in the notes yet I can smell a lot of vanilla.

I do not like cloying perfumes and yet many seem to turn that way on my skin, Euphoria is not as exception.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Woodsy pomegranate
Euphoria for women is fantastic! It's incredibly sexy and long lasting. It was exactly what I was looking for; a winter scent that is not too young nor too old.

This fragrance has a somewhat sweet yet strong and spicy feel to it. If smelt up-close it can be extremely overwhelming although from a distance the scent is soft, sweet and warm.

I'm not really a fan of the fruity top notes, however I really love the heart of Euphoria. I agree with other reviewers that felt that this fragrance was slightly masculine. I think this is because of the woodsy notes in the drydown.

I would sum-up this scent as being quite edgy, mysterious and modern. It's definitely something you should try before you buy, because this may not appeal to everyone.

Lucieliz 35 days ago
This is a woody scent with black orchid and a touch of pomegranate. Elegant, prominent, for a powerful and sensual woman.
6.0
Jazzy76 12 months ago
I never tested before because its bottle didn't attract me. Now I can say that the pomegranate notes are very noticeable
5.0

by Nale
by Lah2o
by Lah2o

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein