Forbidden Euphoria 2011

Forbidden Euphoria by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Calvin Klein, Fabien Baron
Forbidden Euphoria is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. It was last marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Peach blossomPeach blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Pink peonyPink peony Tiger orchidTiger orchid
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere woodCashmere wood MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.01.2021.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Peachy Floral Patchouli
I was recently comparing The Body Shop MIDNIGHT BAKULA to Calvin Klein EUPHORIA, but now that I've had a chance to try FORBIDDEN EUPHORIA, I recognize that it is much closer in notes and structure. I do detect a strong peachiness in this composition, along with a mingling of different flowers and patchouli, and the oriental spirit of the two creations, conjoined with their similar notes, makes them close neighbors on the grand olfactory map, according to my nose.

I think that I may actually prefer this perfume to MIDNIGHT BAKULA, which is very strong on the patchouli and slightly dirty. FORBIDDEN EUPHORIA, in contrast, is crunchy and clean, while still being more oriental than fruity-floral, it seems to me. Neither of the two is overly sweet: the fruits seem thick and somehow stewed but without any sugar added.

I'm going to acquire a second sample of this worthy Calvin Klein flanker before issuing a final verdict, but for now I can report that I like it.

Summer euphoria!
Sweet Euphoria with the same excellent length as the original, I could say the Summer Euphoria. Reminds a lot of flowerbomb, Jimmy Choo and Lady Million. An airy sweet spicy perfume, not heady at all. I could wear it during my summer holidays without turning bitter. Happy indeed with my choise.
2.5

Country Kitchens, Warm Cider And A Fire On The Hearth
Fruit pies baking, sizzling french sauces, heady aromas in the kitchen making my head spin. Now this Euphoria is really, really good. Surprisedly good. I just wasn't expecting a fragrance from today's stock to make me sit back and really appreciate the delightful aromas. Or to put me in another place. But it does.
Euphoria evokes images of country kitchens, spaciousness, warm cider and friends gathering around the Thanksgiving holidays preparing a vast array of dishes while the air is brisk outside, the leaves have turned and a great many have fallen off the limbs of the trees.
This is a fruity composition with a sweet patchouli base that doesn't seem sexy to me at all. Rather, it's more of a friendly fragrance that embodies good times with friends. In fact, it brought me back to a time from college, when a group of us had a Thanksgiving together. Those were real patchouli days when essences and herbal fragrances were real. We wore our patchouli straight from the bottle. We were the original Patchouli addicts.
I won't forget that memory of a group of young adults preparing a meal together for the first time away from home. Laughter, camaraderie and fun with people. I have this fragrance to thank for bringing back that memory.
That may not be the image that Calvin Klein's advertising wanted for his fragrance, but it's what it evoked in me. Euphoria draws out a warmth and pleasantness ideal for jeans, boots and over-sized sweaters.
This is a wonderful cool weather scent of fruits, patchouli with a bit of hidden musk. It doesn't seem to last very long tho, on an average two hours at best. After sampling it, I chose to purchase a rollerball also, so I could refresh the fragrance when I'm out. Otherwise, it's gone and I'm without anything. Sillage is decent, just wafting closely around a person.
An excellent dupe is Fragrance Rebel/ParfumsdeCoeur Romance & Dreams. The EdT is identical. I tried it on one arm vs. FE on the other, and could not tell them apart.
0.5

Thick fruity musk
Very thick heavy musk, artificial or tinned mandarin oranges that have been left in the open tin and raspberry cake flavouring.

Rich, overwhelming, with an animalic twang that reminds me of ambergris (but not quite) and halitosis.

Before the perfume dries I get a sweet peppery wood but a couple of minutes in it becomes just a strange combination of food and musk (lots and lots of heavy musk).

Powerful and way too much for me.

On my 'use it or lose it' kick this is a lose it.

Manufacturer's carded sample picked up sometime in 2015.

Mon parfum
Forbidden Euphoria est mon parfum préféré.C'est un parfum sucré et fruité comme je les aime mais pas entêtant du tout de plus il dure longtemps sur moi et je reçois beaucoup de compliments
More reviews

Images

6 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Perfume) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Gold by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein