Obsessed for Men (2017) Eau de Toilette

Obsessed for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein

Obsessed for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 2017. The scent is synthetic-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesSweetie, Sichuan pepper, Black cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedar leaf, Labdanum, Blond leather
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Black vanilla, Ambrox

Submitted by Michael, last update on 25.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Kate Moss.

6.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Obsessed Review
Currently, Parfumo's average score for this is only 5.5, but it's not something to be rated as low as that. It's moderately spicy, moderately sweet. It's suitable for summer days even if it's not aquatic. And it's relatively long lasting even if the last thing left is only synthetic vanillin and ambroxane. Its advantages are comfort, familiarity, and very good price.

I didn't get this because I have a lot of colognes better than this, but if I can go back to university freshman, there's no reason not to pick up Obsessed to attract the attention of girls of the same class. It shares DNA similar to other CK scents, and also fits the latest trend. If you are in your early twenties, this is a pretty good choice. Especially if you are a fan of Ambroxan, you should definitely try it.
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Obsessed with what divides
Have you ever found yourself obsessed with something? So consumed with something that you can hardly even think of anything else? A relationship, a new phone, a perfect body, your reputation, good grades, a magnificent cologne, a unique style—anything can leave you obsessed.

Calvin Klein Obsession for Men was what I considered to be my first “grown-up” perfume. I’ve always felt it was a generational fragrance for the men of a specific time. It was why I was very interested in the new releases from Calvin Klein: Obsessed for Men. I was wondering if this might become the same kind of defining fragrance for this generation. Is the new Obsessed perfume simply a remake of Obsession? Well, I don't deem so.

CK Obsessed for Men seems like a very familiar scent even though I cannot pinpoint what specific cologne it reminds me of. I’m leaning towards it being a mix of several fragrances and just triggering my memory all at once. The opening gives me a really fresh start with the sweetie, or oro blanco grapefruit, pepper, and cardamom stepping out in front. The bitterness of black cardamom note compensate the sweetness of the oroblanco, the resulting blend is impressive. I do get a powdery note similar to orris, yet there is neither orris nor iris listed among the notes. However, this is the opening aspect I love most.

The heart of this crystalline juice is mainly leathery with cedar leaves and sensual labdanum, which stands up, a bit dirty, animalic, and almost reminiscent of sex at times, and reinforces the leather-like smell. A modern smooth leather, ain't no rude cowhide as in many vintage scents.

The dry down is ambery, a contemporary sweet amber that gets its aroma from the synthetic ambroxan. Again, that sweetness is mixed with the creaminess of the black vanilla, and the earthiness of the patchouli. On my skin and on a paper strip, the scent develops differently, more ambery on the former and more vanillic on the latter. Though, the vanilla note is always present and really ties the whole stuff together. Not gourmand, it is sweet, fairly warm, and darkened by the other base notes. It’s quite intriguing.

Obsessed is a very clean fragrance, it is on the lighter side, and almost unisex but man, I like the super fresh energy that I get from it. As it wears on, it becomes more powdery and ambery than it’s initial citrusy and spicy accord. Still quite fresh and clean and upbeat.

Projection wise, Obsessed is moderate. The longevity of my test run was about 4-5 solid hours and then maybe another hour wear it was still noticeable but weak. Again, not great but not the worst either. Maybe it’d be better in different weather or with more wear from me but that’s what I got with the one time deal. Right off the bat, I would recommend it for the coldest days, there is that warm sweetness in all the stages that might not work with warm and hot seasons. A day fragrance, perfect for weekdays as well as the weekend.

Overall, I actually do really like the way it smells but I’d want some more time wearing it before making a call.

-Elysium

Carlitos01 10 months ago
An underrated CK! I hope this type of scent gets further development. I still haven't tried the intense version but I am eager to do it.+2

by Elysium
by Elysium
by BlueMoonCat
by BlueMoonCat

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein