Pure Gold Euphoria Men 2017

Pure Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
8.6 / 10 12 Ratings
Pure Gold Euphoria Men is a popular perfume by Calvin Klein for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-floral. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Main accords

Woody
Floral
Sweet
Oriental
Spicy

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes CardamomCardamom SaffronSaffron Cedar leafCedar leaf
Heart Notes Heart Notes Rose absoluteRose absolute VanillaVanilla JuniperJuniper
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood OudOud
Videos
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.09.2022.
This scent is exclusively available in the Middle East.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Rmf1112
Light and sweet with a splash of ‘oud’

Initial impressions-

At the opening, Incredibly similar to Mancera’s Hindu Kush, but without that aggressive chemical note that I dislike. A very mainstream take on oud, and I say that as a compliment not an insult. This is not geared toward those who seek super skanky authentic barnyard ouds, this is a sweet woody fragrance that just hints at smooth facets of oud, and I would definitely see being well received by the ladies. Looking at the pyramid, I can pick out the cardamom and vanilla, with saffron, oud and others providing just enough masculinity to balance. Could easily be worn by anyone who likes pleasant, sweet, and slightly woody fragrances. Definitely unisex.

Beautiful entry-level Oud!
I have a few fragrances from Calvin Klein now, and I'm usually happy with the actual scent, but the longevity sucks. Coty can't seem to get it right when it comes Calvin Klein (although perhaps I'm painting every CK fragrance with the same brush?).

I have CK Amber Euphoria and now I have CK Pure Gold Euphoria, and I'm really pleased I now have both in my collection. The very thought that CK fragrances would step out of mainstream and produce a fragrance like pure gold makes me re-think (almost) my trepidation around most of the CK line.

Pure Gold is an awesome fragrance, and sadly, perhaps because it has Oud and smells middle eastern, may be overlooked? This is definitely a synthetic oud, but that doesn't matter. The oud reminds me of Franck Olivier's Oud Vanille or Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition. It's an entry level oud in a designer series and I'm happy with the way this smells.

The opening is beautiful, sweet; you can smell the amber right away, along with the rose and the oud (rose, oud and saffron holy grail), and this has almost the same DNA as Amber Euphoria but a with the holy grail and it's a little more delicate.

As this dry's down I get more patchouli, the sweetness stays, but the rose starts to dissipate a bit. I get 6-7 hours out of this fragrance, and usually I only get 3-4 with most Calvin Klein fragrances. So I'm a happy camper.

In summary, this is a really well done entry level oud fragrance that is over looked with okay silage and projection and better than average longevity. I would wear this all year round; except summer (in the heat), and I give this an 8 / 10! Glad to own this puppy!

1 short view on the fragrance
KimJongKimJong 3 years ago
The youngest fragrance among many Oud-Rose-Saffron combos on the market. The only downside is I don't know when to wear this spicy piece.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Perfume) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK One Gold by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein