Secret Obsession 2008

Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
6.6 / 10 198 Ratings
Secret Obsession is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes MaceMace PlumPlum RoseRose
Heart Notes Heart Notes JasmineJasmine Orange blossomOrange blossom TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber Cashmere woodCashmere wood SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla

Perfumers & Creative Guidance

Submitted by Sani, last update on 13.01.2023.

7 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Top Review 7
Warm, glowing incense.
One of my favorites! Secret Obsession has some of my favorite notes; nutmeg, plum, sandalwood and tuberose. I'm sure that I smell patchouli in there. It's got a slightly masculine edge which is so sexy. I find it to be somewhat intoxicating, and I'm feeling quite addicted. There is just enough vanilla to make this a warm, smoldering incensy fragrance. I absolutely love the bottle as well, the softly faceted beautiful brown globe is like a glowing warm jewel. It's a keeper for me.

Very helpful Review 7
Subdued spiciness
Secret Obsession surprised me to say the least. I really didn't expect that I would like this fragrance so much.

This fragrance is unique. Not an outstanding and ground-breaking type of unique, but certainly different and refreshing.

The scent is like a harmonious blend of woods, spices and florals. It's comforting, warm and in some ways exotic.

I consider this fragrance to be more temptingly sensual rather than outright sexy. Secret Obsession doesn't scream sex, rather it promises to be taken slowly, perhaps a dinner, a dance, a glass of champagne and a sense of anticipation. It's certainly a scent that depicts control and elegance.

The jasmine and tuberose in the heart of this fragrance, really softens the scent and makes this fragrance so feminine and enticing. Secret Obsession is certainly a more subtle and modern version of the original Obsession.

I actually find it difficult to dislike any Calvin Klein fragrance as of recently because their newest releases just seem to be getting better and better.

I'd suggest Secret Obsession to any woman and I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't as impressed as I was.

Very helpful Review 5
Secret Obsession
I'm glad that I went with my gut instinct and bought this. It was a blind buy that was successful! I find the scent very warm and smooth. It doesn't have a lot of depth but it's so comforting to wear that I don't care that it's somewhat linear. Wearing this scent makes you feel like you're all wrapped up in a warm blanket! The lasting power could be better as it is pretty faint by the end of the day but I can still catch very light whiffs of it here and there and I quite enjoy it! This is one of the most unisex smelling ladies perfume I have ever smelled. Could easily be labeled as a men's cologne. It's not a "love" for me but definitely a solid "like!"

Top Review 3
Worth a sniff, unless white florals are your nemisis.
Secret Obsession is a sexy & daring fragrance, like an updated Tabu for the modern nose. It works well in sweater weather, especially fall. I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately, Secret Obsession suffers from 2 problems.

First, Secret Obsession has poor longevity, lasting only about 2 hours on me. Second, it has those dreaded white florals, the ones that are difficult to wear for some. For me, the white florals used in Secret Obsession (and most all of the CKs for that matter) frequently induce my asthma, especially when I have a bad day.

I like this fragrance but don't recommend it without sampling it first. If you're like me & have difficulty with white florals in mass market designer fragrances, you might as well just take a pass on this one.
Helpful Review 7
Perfect for autumn - fireside evening
Secret Obsession is for me a typical cuddly perfume with some amber, wood and fluffy tuberose. Jasmine and nutmeg come later, very light and balanced. At first I thought this can't be anything for under 30 euros, for 100ml! But no, you really amazed me. You are of course no niche fragrance with mega performance, but you also do not have to hide.
You want to please, your environment takes you positively and I am often addressed to you.
For me, a snapper with wow effect, because I would not have expected.
More reviews

3 short views on the fragrance
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
Many people are unfamiliar with this perfume. It has a delicate scent, a soft musky amber with a hint of sweetness. Precious little diamond.
RomadyRomady 1 year ago
This works for men also. Very alluring and mysterious. Actually I think it's the secret men should carry...
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
it was a true love potion, a precious elixir to wear in fall-winter or by night. Very sensual with a good sillage. But discontinued. Why?:'(

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

22 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Perfume) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Gold by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein