Secret Obsession (2008)

Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein

Secret Obsession is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Perfumers & Creative Guidance

Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cashmere wood, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 13.07.2019

6.0 4.0 4.0 7.5/10

Woodsy Coke
I love the warm opening composition, but the dry-down on me is very heavy sandalwood, which is not my thing. I can definitely see it being unisex, due to the heavy woody tones. The longevity of the beautiful "coke-like"(:-)) composition is unfortunately very limited, and only the linear sour wood lingers. This is not a typical CK perfume.

Secret Obsession
I'm glad that I went with my gut instinct and bought this. It was a blind buy that was successful! I find the scent very warm and smooth. It doesn't have a lot of depth but it's so comforting to wear that I don't care that it's somewhat linear. Wearing this scent makes you feel like you're all wrapped up in a warm blanket! The lasting power could be better as it is pretty faint by the end of the day but I can still catch very light whiffs of it here and there and I quite enjoy it! This is one of the most unisex smelling ladies perfume I have ever smelled. Could easily be labeled as a men's cologne. It's not a "love" for me but definitely a solid "like!"
7.5 9.0/10

Warm, glowing incense.
One of my favorites! Secret Obsession has some of my favorite notes; nutmeg, plum, sandalwood and tuberose. I'm sure that I smell patchouli in there. It's got a slightly masculine edge which is so sexy. I find it to be somewhat intoxicating, and I'm feeling quite addicted. There is just enough vanilla to make this a warm, smoldering incensy fragrance. I absolutely love the bottle as well, the softly faceted beautiful brown globe is like a glowing warm jewel. It's a keeper for me.
5.0/10

Awesomeness
Worth a sniff, unless white florals are your nemisis.
Secret Obsession is a sexy & daring fragrance, like an updated Tabu for the modern nose. It works well in sweater weather, especially fall. I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately, Secret Obsession suffers from 2 problems.

First, Secret Obsession has poor longevity, lasting only about 2 hours on me. Second, it has those dreaded white florals, the ones that are difficult to wear for some. For me, the white florals used in Secret Obsession (and most all of the CKs for that matter) frequently induce my asthma, especially when I have a bad day.

I like this fragrance but don't recommend it without sampling it first. If you're like me & have difficulty with white florals in mass market designer fragrances, you might as well just take a pass on this one.
5.0 6.0/10

Subdued spiciness
Secret Obsession surprised me to say the least. I really didn't expect that I would like this fragrance so much.

This fragrance is unique. Not an outstanding and ground-breaking type of unique, but certainly different and refreshing.

The scent is like a harmonious blend of woods, spices and florals. It's comforting, warm and in some ways exotic.

I consider this fragrance to be more temptingly sensual rather than outright sexy. Secret Obsession doesn't scream sex, rather it promises to be taken slowly, perhaps a dinner, a dance, a glass of champagne and a sense of anticipation. It's certainly a scent that depicts control and elegance.

The jasmine and tuberose in the heart of this fragrance, really softens the scent and makes this fragrance so feminine and enticing. Secret Obsession is certainly a more subtle and modern version of the original Obsession.

I actually find it difficult to dislike any Calvin Klein fragrance as of recently because their newest releases just seem to be getting better and better.

I'd suggest Secret Obsession to any woman and I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't as impressed as I was.

Jazzy76 13 months ago
it was a true love potion, a precious elixir to wear in fall-winter or by night. Very sensual with a good sillage. But discontinued. Why?:'(+1

by Marta
by Goldlola
by Manson
by Manson

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein