Sheer Beauty 2012

Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein
Bottle Design Wilhelm Liden
Sheer Beauty is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot BelliniBellini Red berriesRed berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine PeonyPeony Pink lilyPink lily
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood Vanilla blossomVanilla blossom

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.07.2022.

Soft peach
"I wore Sheer Beauty in my early 20s. The fragrance is very feminine, soft, gentle and smells like a lovely peach. The fragrance itself I still find very nice, unfortunately the durability and sillage is not good, which is why you only have something of it for a very short time. If both were better, I would definitely recommend it to girls and young women

Clean&fresh everyday scent
"Sheer Beauty" is a bit generic and normally not my type of fragrance. But since many of the heavy chypres I love and the vintages I adore are not always well-suited for my job, I was looking for a light, clean, fresh, mainstream scent to carry with me in my bag. "Sheer Beauty" was heavily reduced in my local perfumery, probably because it's going to be discontinued. But when you compare it to Marc Jacob's "Daisy Eau So Fresh" or the latest "Chloé Love Story", you'll find that it is prettier than those, and less sweet and fruity. The peachy opening is the best part of the fragrance (I love peach-scents). No masterpiece, but not worse than all the other synthetic light fruity-floral somethings on the market. I also like the bottle-design and prefer it to the plastic, juvenile and trashy stuff done by Marc Jacob's.
2.5
2.5

NicezzzzzzzZzZZZZZZ
I guess CK were aiming at a Chance Eau Fraiche type fragrance that would please everyone - any age, any fashion, any weather...anyone else find this one a little Zzzzzzzz?

Instead of being universally appealing (like ChanceEF) I find SB a bit middle-of-the-road, banal, bland....dare I say it, down-right-dull.

This does not mean that Sheer Beauty is unpleasant in any way - it really isn't. SB is nice & safe & as pleasant as a clean & fruity shampoo, a £1 body spray, a spring-flowers room deoderiser....but who is going to part with good money for that? Not me.

To break it down: I can easily detect that generic CK lemon-butter-biscuit base (found in CKin2U et all) with a thin, watery-red-berry note & an all too familiar sharp-floral with a touch of jasmine. A high-pitched, cleaned-to-a-bleach-white synthy musk whines like tinnitus from first spritz to dry-down. There is a strong alcohol finish to this scent - not far off a cologne - with a sour, wilted stems edge. Add a shot of some aspartame-filled bitter citrus drink & you just about have it.

Lasts a few hours with a tame projection & not much development - lasts gasps are of a sour, washing-powder musk.

So who will buy it? Those who need a clean, unobtrusive scent for work....perhaps. Chanel-worshipers .......possibly. People who are a little confused by scent & enjoy the safety of the body-spray.......Zzzzzzzz. Sorry, I just lost interest.

AMGMoonHaloAMGMoonHalo 9 months ago
Pretty, feminine, light, fresh, and easy go to fragrance when you are in a hurry. Not unique, but I find myself defaulting to this.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Fresh and light, clean but quite banal. Weak sillage. Maybe the perfect office scent.Too expensive for its quality

by Guitarra
by Guitarra
by Dine2604
by Dine2604
by Spring67
by Spring67

Popular by Calvin Klein

CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Perfume) by Calvin Klein Calvin (Cologne) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Men (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein Amber Gold Euphoria by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsessed for Women (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Calvin Klein CK One (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK One Gold by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein