Truth (2000) Eau de Parfum

Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein

Truth (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Calvin Klein for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Bamboo, Bergamot, Blackberry, Clover, Lily, Mimosa, Patchouli, Peony, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Lemon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.04.2019

10.0 6.0 5.0 9.5/10

Holy Grail Fresh Cut Grass Fragrance
Truth was a blind buy for me, found it really cheap online. Actually, you can rarely go wrong with 90-ies/beginning of 2000 perfumes (maybe, for those older among us). Especially, when 3 great perfumers worked on it!
And - my search for the perfect green and fresh cut grass in perfume is over! Too bad, the longevity is pretty poor, but who cares if you can carry the bottle around and re-apply, given its ridiculous price? Go get it, definitely.
5.0 4.0 10.0/10

UNBELIEVABLE :-)
i ordered it spontaneously... and i am very happy about it. i like this fragrance very very much. i find it totally feminine, sweet .......it suits me somehow gg! i rarely say that, but i think it will MY fragrance!!! so the successor of noa (cacharel) nice day to all of you, bussi bianca

Like Mowing the Lawn
An intensely green one undoubtedly. A bit like the mowing-the-lawn smell. Said similar things about Gucci's ~Bloom Aqua di Fiori~, but I wouldn't call it exactly similar to that: that one's a lot ambrier & muskier as well. Yes, the green of this one is a nice sharp pungeant green. The previous reviewer captures it quite well, I do deem, with those moss-on-damp-stone figures. Only just applied it - see how it goes.

Just noticed a previous reviewer's called it musky. I wouldn't say that yet myself - but then 'fume-heads know that musk is the most elusive of all aromata. We'll see. Now that the ~Ceylon~ is now more properly passing I might be able to actually appreciate this. I think the ~Bloom Aqua di Fiori~ is very ^heavy^-ambry compared to this one; and it is in that, rather than in muskiness, that the difference consists. And the green of that one is rather more agressive - it is by far the pricier 'fume after-all. The muskiness of this is of the lighter, and somewhat nectary, variety - I'm beginning to °pick-up on it° now.

Yes there it is, undoubtedly, refracting all that bruised-stem stuff through its lovely olfactory lens.

That tendency of the less-pricey 'fumes to seem at least a little rancid & metallic to the wearer with sustained exposure is manifesting to a degree with this one; but it's keeping within reasonable bounds, I would say. Both CK and Elizabeth Arden do a right good service I do adduce, supplying us with these relatively purse friendly 'fumes that are not by any means contemptible. It's kind of like, maybe, riding a bicycle when one doesn't ^really^ need to use a motor-vehicle: a bicycle ride can be really quite an excellent experience. And there are some ^very^ well-made bicycles. So I'll just continue riding my well-made olfactory bicycle for the time-being, and get back to you when I've done a fair few more miles on it.

Can't resist piping-up again sooner than I intended. It's only because I am beginning to really enjoy this. When I come home with one of this heavily discounted CK 'fumes in my bag I think "ought I really to have done that?" & when it comes to testing it it's difficult not to be cluttered by all the baggage of °wanting° it to be a good deal, and on the other hand overcompensating against that tendency; but I am becoming rapidly convinced now that this is a ^really decent^ budget 'fume. The flowery notes are coming through now; and there is no longer any doubt in my mind that this is a bona-fide squeezing of the utmost drop of true perfumery out of a stringently constrained brief. I see that Alberto Morillas is one of the perfumiers, and isn't he one of the °great ones°? This 'fume certainly testifies to its being so.

No grand déja-vu-scapes with this - but then are we really expecting ^that^ here? It °catches° me in the back of the throat. You know that °catching-in-back-of-throat° effect that you get with a good oakmoss- or orangeblossom-heavy 'fume (not that this necessarily contains either), which I know at least ^some^ pœps also get, and which is to my mind a ^strongly^ positive item - it's saying a ^very^ great deal that a 'fume of this purse-friendliness does that atall. And I'm picking-up on the sandalwood now - didn't discern it at first, it fits in there so very snugly. All my doubts about bringing this one home are now completely assuaged!

... late the following evening ...
Just completed a full-day's run-out of this. Well, it was there in my box for ages, and I kept seeing it and thinking "when am I going to properly try that CK ... what's it called again ... that I plucked out of the rough cardboard box at the perfume shop, & it had a handwritten (but really quite friendly) price-label on it?". Well now I have; and all this time it was an unknown gem just sitting there waiting!

Just one last thing: is ~bamboo~ really a note, or is actual bamboo absolute (or whatever) a true perfumery element? I once read a review of Gucci's ~Bamboo~ that mocked the calling it that on grounds that there is no such note.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

A Noir Tradition
Reminds me more of a unisex EdP. A sweet/sour blast hits upon initial application. It's like walking into the forest after the winter thaw and upturning logs, discovering soggy leaves that are underneath and moldy with dirt. It's musty. I know this works for many, and at times, it works for me.
Is it green as others have said? Most definitely. Calvin Klein Truth reminds me of dark moss growing on old buildings in damp dark places that haven't been inhabited in years. Stone buildings that are cold, damp and centuries old, overgrown with lichen. And not in a gothic, romantic way. More like in an asylum that has been an abandoned movie set.
The bottle is tall and thin, very unwieldy and easy to knock over, although simplistic in its design. Drys down to a woodsy dirty patchouli that wears for hours.
I tried Truth again in 30 degree weather out of curiosity, knowing that a perfume such as this one could be better in the very cold. Tonight it is sweet; I think of cathedrals and graveyards, foggy mists, lichen growing on ancient tombstones, walking amongst the dead; my camera around my neck with the mists lying low and a melancholy surrounding me as I read the names yet some are only markers and I bow my head in reverence. This is mossy, dark and oilier. The trees are bare, branches wide and almost bare, reaching full to the grey skies. It is a somber perfume for me. It still has that effect. Not that it is a depressing perfume, it is one for wearing in a noir tradition of cinema, and when I do go out to photograph the oldest of the oldest graveyards on the bleakest colder days, I just may pull Truth out. It will be the perfect wearable in my stock.
2.0/10

Bouzeos
the whole city knows, the wife is oblivious :)
This perfume makes me think of a girl from a good family that married for connections and (social) appearences with a guy. Happens a lot, you know... and she tries really hard to be perfect, perfect looks, perfect job, perfect conduct, perfect clothes... yet her husband cheats on her like there's no tomorrow. She is the oblivious or wannabe-oblivious wife. "Truth" is the PERFECT perfume for such a woman, and the name is ironic, but so fitting to the situation, as the scent is...

A bride with a huge smile at the wedding, dancing and feeling the luckyest woman on earth, while the husband left the "show" for a bit with a woman wearing ... stuff like shalimar or obsessioon. lol.

Keep on smiling, cause it's free. :))
3.0/10

Another Troublesome White Floral from CK
There is something about the white florals in many of the CKs that just doesn't agree with me. Sadly, Truth is another in a long line of CK fragrances that I like but can't wear. This time, it's the lily which is amplified on my skin, becoming cloying, sweet, & headache-y.

Otherwise, Truth is a superb scent & very under-rated, imo. On the one hand, it's a bright green floral; on the other, it's a deep woody oriental. Complex & interesting, I think Truth would be fabulous as an office scent in the winter. It's not for those who like sugar & cupcakes. Rather, Truth is for those who like classic scents but want something more modern & up-to-date, even a bit atypical and off-center yet not jarring and demanding. That's Truth, even if it is a pretentious name.

Urban meditation
A mercurial scent. It is easy to fall in & out of love with this fragrance...indeed it is one scent that has you flik-flakking around with ambiguous feelings. What I do know is that I find myself reaching for this scent more often than other more entrancing beauties.

The most pronounced notes are cedar, a pseudo-vanilla-lily & musk, all touched by vetiver but the entrance is a light & sour citrus. The overall feel of the scent is at once veiled & volumous & yet watery, translucent & like a sighing breeze in a silent green forest. The peony & bamboo combined with the honeyed clover make the magic here - green & watery without being crisp.

The woodsy notes save this scent from becoming too sweet or high - here is an elegant, classic perfume that will grace your skin with a smooth, long lasting dry-down.

Yes, it is soft...but this scent has power! It is light in nature, but thick & heavy in powder-weight. The powder here is never dry & dusty, but creamy, rich & heady laced with silky florals & warm musk.

Why they are discontinuing this perfume is puzzling to me...Truth has much more of a voice, greater lasting power & suitable sillage than many of CKs more recent offerings. Snap it up before it goes!

Peaceful
I agree that this is a green fragrance, but it is a bit more complex than that. It is all of the things that create the "green" impression - stalk, stem, young woods, wildflowers. And there is a pulpy moistness to it, like the shoots and stems are being crushed between your fingers.
It is also the origin of the vegetation - wet earth, warm breezes, and early morning sun. Visualize being on a forest path dappled with light.
Like a tapestry that is more than simply a collection of threads, Truth creates an experience for the wearer rather than just being a conglomeration of notes.
It is not the trendsetting, airy, ozonic fragrance that many asscociate with CK. It is calm and introspective.

jtd
A grand, ridiculous name for a lovely perfume.
Let’s start with scent and truth. Bamboo? Wet Woods? Silk tree flower? Seems a bit insincere from the start, I’d say. If you’re going to list ridiculous note without a trace of botanical truth, why not branch out from botany and list notes like fractiousness, regret, serenity or stasis.

But I love the way Truth smells. It shows a wonderful and converging use of synthetic tones. There’s a green woody sappiness and a tart fruit/musk combination that both extends and redefines the ‘freshness’ that defines the middle of the road of designer fragrance. The result is a beautiful ambiguity without a hint of tension.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

A Paradox of Artifice and Purity
I have emptied a few bottles of Calvin Klein TRUTH edp, and now all that remains in my collection is a perfume mini. I am constantly toying with the idea of buying TRUTH again, although I also feel that its time in my perfume history has passed, along with the other CK frags that I frequented around the turn of the century.

Yet something keeps drawing me back to TRUTH, despite the inherent paradox and pretense of a limpid liquid that seems to be the essence of purity without being water.

On the one hand, TRUTH is like a beautiful Buddhist garden filled with bubbling fountains and streams. Simple, zen-like rocks have been carefully placed among minimalist green-leaved plants on grassy lawns to make it seem as though all of this were pristine, untouched nature. I smell clover and bamboo. I feel the texture of watercress, as though I were a cow grazing peacefully in a meadow all alone, while the blades and leaves dance ever so lightly about my feet in the gentle springtime breeze.

On the other hand, TRUTH simultaneously evokes images of tall chrome and glass buildings with mirrored windows, such as the Hancock building in Boston. It's a colossal, imposing artifice but as beautiful as a tiny, perfect crystal.
7.5 7.5 5.0 10.0/10

The Inner truth of Truth
At top note Lemon then in a few minutes
Cloves Mimiose a distant wisp of Vetiver
Bamboo and the lovely florals of Peony
and Lily comes to the picture. there is a presence of Sandalwood not overpowering but strong enogh to be noticed. but i don't smell any Blackberries.

Picturing your on a boat
slowly drifting thogh a Bamboo forrest
your lying on the boat like your drifting to sleep but your wake you put
your hand in the water and you feel are Lilypads and white lotuses; with
your idel time you glide back and forth
side by side gentily gliding the lilypad and lotuses with your long delicate hands but the trance is broken
by a sound of a frog just leap on that pad you just had your hand on.

This does'nt have the cloying Powder Menthol scent that Eternity has.
it's more organic which i like this better then eternity.
5.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Truthfully unique
I must say this was an interesting and unique choice by Calvin Klein when they created this fragrance. I love that this scent is complex and forever changing from citrus, to spiciness, to freshness.

From the beginning, the lemon note is very prominent and strong, with notes of patchouli and bamboo lingering in the background. It takes a certain person to enjoy these top notes, preferably someone who enjoys their fruity/citrusy scents.

However the scent mellows as it transcends into the heart of the fragrance which is gentle, flowery and fresh. The feministic aspects of this fragrance are portrayed through the lushness of the lily, mimose and peony combined.

I detect a certain spiciness when I smell this in contact with my skin. This creates a warm and sensual scent which I rather enjoy.

The lasting strength is quite good and the packaging, although simple, is modern and tasteful.

Truth is a fragrance that will grow on you. The love might not happen after first sniff but give it a few more tries and you might be surprised.

by Gaukeleya
by Ginger
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Calvin Klein

CK One by Calvin Klein Eternity (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Obsession for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK Be by Calvin Klein CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein Eternity for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Beauty (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Contradiction (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein CK2 by Calvin Klein Secret Obsession by Calvin Klein Reveal by Calvin Klein Escape (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Escape for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Encounter (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein CK In2U for Her by Calvin Klein Truth (Eau de Parfum) by Calvin Klein Euphoria Men (Eau de Toilette) by Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty by Calvin Klein