Ambar del Sur 2018

Ambar del Sur by Carner
8.0 / 10 82 Ratings
Ambar del Sur is a popular perfume by Carner for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes Italian bergamotItalian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart Notes Water jasmineWater jasmine Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli Australian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood AmberAmber
Base Notes Base Notes MyrrhMyrrh Spanish cistusSpanish cistus Venezuelan tonka beanVenezuelan tonka bean Bourbon vanilla absoluteBourbon vanilla absolute
Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.01.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 13
Like a poem
It was,
as if I was surrounded by,
in my dream, a spicy mist;
All open,

poured out,
when I moved.

A breath,
soft-sweet nature,
drew a water jasmine trail.

There,
my feet touched the ground of myrrh,
the senses,
the sharpened ones,
would not be swayed.

I ran ahead,
did not stop me.
A veil,
of resin vanilla,
covers my face.

Then waking in the mist?
No, without,
but holding in my hands,
a tonka bean.
Ambar del sur is really a fine spicy, resinous-balsamic amber fragrance.

With me he also holds quite a while on the skin.
He is only after about 7 h. Hautnah.

GewoonBB
Ambar Del Sur (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• CARNER BARCELONA AMBAR DEL SUR •

I've referenced Ambar Del Sur in some other reviews, so I figured it's about time I gave it a dedicated review. Last december I tried this for the first time and I felt a bit conflicted, so I waited a while and gave it another shot.
As the name suggests, it's amber heavy. From the opening it's quite powerful and warm. There's a light animalic touch, which is what threw me off the first time. This time I was prepared, although I still think it's what keeps this fragrance from being a fully comfortable wear for me. Labdanum is most likely to blame, giving this an almost sweaty body odor scent, that came to mind when I tried Etat Libre D'Orange's Fat Electrician. There's a bit of freshness in the opening as well and overall I'd say this is not as sweet as most of the amber forward fragrances that I've tried.

In the drydown, this fragrance isn't as powerful. There's more vanilla and some of the freshness fades, but it's a linear experience. It's not as sweet, but also not as syrupy as some of it's competitors. Instead, it's a softer and lighter fragrance. To me, it seems to share a lot of DNA with Carner's Palo Santo, which replaces the animalic note from Ambar Del Sur with a herbal, woody accord. This is very similar to Fat Electrician to my nose, but the creaminess and enhanced performance of Fat Electrician gives that fragrance a slight edge. Personally, this one is middle of the road for me; the animalic aspect isn't overpowering to the point that I wouldn't wear this, but it keeps me from putting this on the wishlist •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
Top Review 24
Holiday Dreams
I'm sitting on a beach somewhere in Spain. In my hand I hold a glass with very sweet and strong brown rum. I already notice how the alcohol slightly clouds my head after a few small sips. The day is just coming to an end and I can watch the sun sink slowly into the turquoise blue sea. With my bare feet I play with the sand. Suddenly a young, attractive Spaniard stands before me. We talk, and despite my slight buzz, I have an almost perfect command of the language, which I have only recently begun to learn. Am I crazy? What's wrong here? He asks me if I would like to go off into the sunset with him on his jet ski. I affirm and accompany him to the sea. I put my arms around his waist and my head on his back. It smells of sun oil, combined with a fine woody scent for men. I close my eyes and we head off into the sunset. But what happens now? My phone ringing? Why do I suddenly have a cell phone? Well, from the dream, when I realize that it is my wake-up call that brings me back to the grey Germany. On the back of my hand I can still perceive the scent of Ambar de Sur, which I sprayed on the evening before for test purposes.

Fun, I just made that up, but these pictures shoot through my head when I sniff this velvety Spaniard. Besides bright amber, sandalwood and some patch I perceive a sweet note that reminds me of brown rum of the extremely delicious variety. This is one who can truly open the door to holiday dreams. I see him more in men than in women, which may be due to his relationship with Musc Ravageur from Malle and Chergui from SL, who I also classify as masculine. If you like them, you should not be wrong about sunny Amber. I like the scents of Carner better and better, I'm sure there's one with my name in capital letters on it. I'll give you a nine for that holiday dream.

Many thanks to AdAstra72 for the sample. Now the vacation is not so far away anymore :)

1 short view on the fragrance
SaradoninSaradonin 23 days ago
Smooth and perfectly unisex amber scent with a little honey like effect. Sweet, but not sugary. Mediocre performance.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Carner

Drakon by Carner Tardes (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Black Calamus by Carner D600 by Carner Cuirs by Carner Rima XI by Carner Palo Santo by Carner Sandor 70's by Carner Botafumeiro by Carner El Born by Carner Besos by Carner Megalium by Carner Costarela (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Volcano by Carner Bo-Bo (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Salado by Carner Super Moon by Carner Rose & Dragon by Carner Latin Lover (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Felino by Carner