Botafumeiro 2018

Botafumeiro by Carner
Botafumeiro is a popular perfume by Carner for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-resinous. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamot, Pink pepper, Indonesian nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Lily-of-the-valley, Spanish cistus, Indonesian patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesHonduras styrax, Mystikal®, Musk

Submitted by Muotarek, last update on 07.11.2020.

Rquill67
Smokey, Creamy and Sweet!
Carner Barcelona's Botafumeiro is absolutely amazing and so glad to have a bottle in my fragrance collection. It's smokey, creamy, sweet (it's a dry sweet not syrup or cotton candy sweet), and just enough spice. I don't get a lot of florals on my skin. As this fragrance starts to dry-down the musk comes to the forefront, but just enough and it's a light musk. The creaminess supports the rest of the notes in a cloud. I highly recommend this fragrance, it's a 10 / 10 for me. Wear in fall, winter and spring evenings I think. Pick it up if you like amber and incense, you will be glad you did!
Pause and enjoy
I've always liked incense scents. Not all of them are wearable of course, but they know to inspire me almost all of them. The versatility of this fragrance is always surprising to me. Incense can seem cold, cool and even very warm, depending on how it is interwoven with the other notes. From church walls to freshly washed laundry, this fragrance has everything.

One that I am currently very enthusiastic about is Botafumeiro by Carner. This incense is extremely bright and brings a sweetness and softness that makes it shine. This impression often arises when incense meets floral notes. Here, cistus, lily of the valley and freesia are involved. The white musk in the base also enhances this radiant effect. I almost tapped on a hint of vanilla, as we also have in Lye by Gabriella Chieffo.

The scent never gets too sweet. On the contrary. For my nose, it oscillates beautifully between warmth and coolness. For me it would clearly be a business fragrance to emphasize my more serious side, just like L'Ether from IUNX is. I even go one step further. Had I blindly tested this beautiful scent from Carner, I would probably have first tapped on a scent from Olivia Giacobetti. She always manages to play this special game with warm and cool tones masterfully. Whereby Madame Giacobetti usually does not work with this subliminal, fine and yet light sweetness that the botafumeiro brings. That might have made me wonder.

Long story short. This fragrance is made for all incense lovers. In the same way it could inspire friends of Lye or Bois d'Iris. And if you have a soft spot for the works of Madame Giacobetti, such as Passage d'Enfer, you should definitely try Botafumeiro, even if it is a little sweeter. The scent is gentle, reserved, but also serious and contemplative. White clouds of smoke rise up into the azure blue sky. A fragrance to pause and enjoy the moment to the full.

Many thanks to Floyd for another wonderful fragrance. If I didn't already own L'Ether and Lye, it would be mine.

Popular Carner

Black Calamus by Carner Cuirs by Carner D600 by Carner Palo Santo by Carner Tardes by Carner Rima XI by Carner Drakon by Carner Sandor 70's by Carner El Born by Carner Ambar del Sur by Carner Costarela by Carner Megalium by Carner Besos by Carner Rose & Dragon by Carner Felino by Carner Latin Lover by Carner Bo-Bo by Carner Salado by Carner Bestium by Carner Sweet William by Carner