Cuirs 2011

Cuirs by Carner
Cuirs is a popular perfume by Carner for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with El Born

OudOud
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
Cistus absoluteCistus absolute

Submitted by Inala, last update on 14.10.2021.

RaniJuli
Of woods, herbs and bazaar dreams
"Cuirs" by Carner was actually love at first sniff for me!
I had sniffed my way through the portfolio a bit before.

The LatinLover left me completely cold (despite the hot name).
The highly praised Tardes liked me in principle very well but reminded me too much of my beloved Almond skincare line from L'Occitane to consider investing in an additional perfume.
And with Rima XI, I vacillated between intrigued ever-again sniff and know-me-from-the-high-end-drugstore segment.

And then - when I had almost shelved Carner Barcelona for me - the encounter with "Cuirs". In advance I must say: it is for my nose and despite the many listed notes not a very complex fragrance. I perceive little "depth" over the entire course, but a very pleasant warmth. And: "Cuirs" has simply a tremendous presence!

I would absolutely confirm the similarity with "Black Afghano"!
Although this Carner composition is perhaps not quite as finely composed and tuned as Nasomatto's olfactory Nulklear explosion, I like it better for everyday wear...because it accompanies me more quietly yet noticeably, rather than loudly screaming for attention.

But now to the fragrance itself:

As I said - "Cuirs"' strength lies for me not in the area of high complexity or refined composition. The scent progression is relatively linear on my skin. I perceive from the beginning a very present oud note, a lot of spices - and a (pleasant!) Cannabis note.

And this melange has for me virtually a teleporting effect - because it evokes in my mind's eye the image of another, very nice travel memory. That of the bazaar, or more correctly, the huge and rambling souk, of Marrakech. One of my favorite travel places....

I can see myself strolling through the narrow alleyways with their 1000's of tiny shops, hawking all manner of colourful & glittering things. From the finest leather work, beautifully chased lamps and shiny silver teapots, syrup-dripping delicious sweets with nuts and dried fruits - to "pharmacies" that sell herbs, dried flowers and oils against all the ills of the world (and also promise their customers a little magic). The scents of all these shops mingle with the spicy smoke of the barbecue fires lit every evening on the nearby main square - the Djemaa el Fna - and with the equally smoky notes wafting down the narrow alley from the cosy roof terrace of a backpacker hostel
I smell this blend - and for one precious moment, I feel both safe and free!
Aren't we all scent-crazy for this very reason?
Because nothing puts you in a certain place or mood as immediately as a fragrance memory you thought you'd forgotten?

Thank you, Carner Barcelona - for this wonderful little escape from everyday life with "Cuirs"!

Carner - Cuirs
This fragrance, one of the most beautiful in my collection, is irresistible to women. There's no woman who hasn't contacted me after a date.
It lasts 12 hours.
An Absolutely Mysterious Noble Adult Fragrance.

The Great CUIRS!!
The better version of Black Afgano and Gucci Intense Oud, it's more wearable. the composition is well done, I loved it because it's not Oud in you face or rubbery leather that makes you sick.

The composition is great: Sandalwood, Leather, Oud, Saffron & Tonka Bean. A sweet woody, leathery, lightly spiced oud. It's a smooth, animalic, creamy. Absolutely beautiful. It makes you feel like a rich man, that's how I feel.

Performance is excellent, 14hr+ of longevity, with at least 5-6 hours of very solid projection. This works great for me on cold nights out and about.

VegaOcean
the better blended Black Afgano...
Lovely Composition. I dont know if there is oud inside but I get bitter woods/sandalwood. A little balsamic labdanum...sweet Tonka bean and leather on the other side.
It is a lighter/more soft Version of Black Afgano from Nasomatto. Sillage and longevity are moderate. Nasomatto is stronger in both fields.
This is for men and woman, a classic one which everyone should fall in love with. A so called " SOFT OUD/BALSAMIC COLOGNE"

If you dont like woody scents you should avoid this one. For example Wonderwood by CtG or Tam Dao by Diptyque are same direction as CUIRS but more musty and darker.

Scent: 8/10

Unisex Leather for Potheads
Cuirs lives up to its name. It's a leather fragrance that is a bit smoky, woody, spicy, & resinous. The spiciness on top mellows fairly quickly. The smokiness and resins combine to leave a dope-like quality that is easy to pick out. It's a beautiful fragrance, even if it smells like a hash pipe.

Cuirs is solidly unisex & high quality, although I don't think it's very unique. Although I like-like Cuirs, I don't yearn to smell like a pothead, whether at home or at work.

MrLawmanMrLawman 5 months ago
A ''pas de deux'' of cumin and saffron. Later accompanied by a creamy guaiac and sandalwood. All kept in place by a titular accord of smoke.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 10 months ago
Not a fan of this type of scent. Fresh Woods and a bit of Oud. If you like Black Afgano or Oud Wood, give this one a try. I dont. 2/5
PioPio 11 months ago
A more delicate and wearable Black Afgano, specially during the dry down.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Smooth, leathery, oudy...class and elegance are the best words to describe it. Imagine a Gucci intense oud without steroids! Women love it
MuotarekMuotarek 4 years ago
The better version of Black Afgano, it's more wearable. the composition is well done, I loved it because it's not Oud in you face.
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Delicate sweetish leather with creamy sandalwood turns out on close up smell as smoky oud. A quick-change artist.

by VegaOcean
by Rodin
by skanvidou
by skanvidou

Popular Carner

Black Calamus by Carner Drakon by Carner Tardes (Eau de Parfum) by Carner D600 by Carner Palo Santo by Carner Rima XI by Carner Sandor 70's by Carner El Born by Carner Ambar del Sur by Carner Costarela (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Botafumeiro by Carner Besos by Carner Megalium by Carner Bo-Bo (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Rose & Dragon by Carner Latin Lover (Eau de Parfum) by Carner Salado by Carner Felino by Carner Danzatoria by Carner Bestium by Carner