Palo Santo 2015

Palo Santo by Carner
Palo Santo is a popular perfume by Carner for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesDavana, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesMilk, Paraguayan gaiac wood, Venezuelan tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Atlas cedar, Dominican amyris

Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 25.02.2021.

DonJuanDeCat
Tree bark boiled in milk
Hello all you sniffing animals and welcome to my latest fragrance review. Today I'm sharing Palo Santo by Carner, a brand that means nothing to me, so this is also my first time trying a fragrance by Carner.

The fragrance name Palo Santo comes from a species of tree perhaps better known as guaiac. An exotic tree that is supposed to smell quite pleasant (and to me, smells good in fragrances, at least when I'm also supposed to recognize the scent correctly. I have not yet been able to smell guaiac pure or as a strong scent, so I would not be able to recognize it as quickly as I would, for example, if I smelled cedar). I know unfortunately only the essential oil of Palo Santo and well, more about that later... :D

Anyway, this fragrance here has a big flaw for me, which I've already mentioned so in some fragrances. No, I'm not talking about stuffy floral scents that only brainless ladies like.... Uh... hey hey, I was just saying that stuffy floral notes are just unpleasant :D
No, I'm talking about a scent that is 100 times worse and next to which the mentioned stuffy scents seem like the best scent in the world: milk! Better said boiling milk, a scent that can't be beaten in abartness and actually often causes a gag reflex in me when I'm strongly confronted with it, because for me it just smells overwhelmingly bad... bah!

But well, first to the scent:

The scent:@!
The scent starts off quite woody and spicy. The wood is pleasant and gentle, guaiac wood should therefore apply, even if the scent seems to me a little different than usual. The specified rum I can hardly perceive, if, then only if I smell quite close to the sprayed.
A little later it smells sweeter and more powdery by the beautiful tonka bean. Milk comes with time to what I like least of all, because I do not like milk in fragrances or generally the smell of it (especially boiling milk) as just described, and here milk is just clearly to smell.
Still later, the milk but again stronger, which for me personally the fragrance so pretty pulls down, because I find the scent really disgusting, which is a pity, because he had otherwise had quite a nice beginning with woods and so.
Luckily, however, that tonka bean is present here, which saves a lot, for example, by masking the bad milk scent a little. The sweetly powdery tonka bean is anyway one of the nicest fragrance notes ever (at least in my opinion), so you can at least smell this fragrance note out very well, even if the milk should seep through stronger now and then.
Only with Palo Santo per se I am unsure whether I perceive it really or correctly. Palo Santo is, after all, guaiac wood and should I perceive this type of wood in fragrances in general correctly, then guaiac smells for me actually very pleasant and beautiful. Here I smell the woody note quite little or can not recognize it as guaiac wood, but maybe I'm just too annoyed by the milk or the tonka bean also covers everything else with his sweetish scent.
All in all, actually a nice fragrance, but the milk for me too much pulled down and almost made me, especially in the middle part, quickly wash off the arm again. At the end he is indeed softer and nicer,... but you have to get there first and even then the scent is not soo nice.

The sillage and the durability:

The sillage is strong, so you can easily smell the scent on people who are "somewhere" in the room or space without having to get very close to them. Also the durability is strong or long turned out. Here are loosely eight to ten hours in it.

The flacon:

The flacon is quite nice in itself. The actual bottle is a solid looking rectangular container with a label with the name and logo stuck on it, and it all looks a bit simple. But it still has a rather large lid made of wood, which comes across super and enhances the whole bottle tremendously. Therefore, all in all, quite nicely done.

Conclusion:*
Okay, now that was Palo Santo. First of all, to me, this fragrance doesn't smell like Palo Santo at all. Alright, I first have to say that I don't know Palo Santo as a woody scent away from perfumes (which actually smells great in fragrances, at least when I smell out the guaiac wood), but more from essential oils and those struck me as very different from this scent. The Palo Santo essential oil (at least the one I sniffed once) smelled to me like a mix of general herbs, camphor, and a scent that had strongly resembled anise. I didn't like the oil at all because I don't like anise or anise-like scents, so I was glad that Palo Santo wasn't included as an oil in this fragrance. But unfortunately, there is milk for that. And I'm just wondering, why? I mean, the scent here has nice woods, pleasant tonka bean, all just great scents that come across very nice and pleasant, and then someone thinks you could pour boiling milk over it, baaah, what an outrage. In the middle note, it even smelled for me for quite a while consistently strongest after the milk note, which was for me already all over with this fragrance. Since it plays then also no more role, if the milk in the base occurs somewhat weaker (but still appears now and then) and one can smell then more beautiful Tonka.

Well, for all who like milk, the fragrance is certainly heavenly, because as I said the rest of the fragrance itself smells good. All others should really look around for other fragrances...

Usable would be the fragrance only in autumn and winter, and well, I would not necessarily use it for going out, because maybe other people might not really like boiling milk, who knows.

Anyway, I only recommend testing it for those who like milk, otherwise you can look for other woody scents. And with that I come to the end and wish you all a nice evening, until then or until the next time :)

Woody milkshake
I have ordered a sample set of this brand and this is my favourite perfume. I have tried felino, d600, el born, megalium and this one. Palosanto is milky, creamy and sweet. It smells for me like a milkshake with a mix of Woods and sweet ingredients with vanilla inside.

The performance is good. It has a longevity over the average. The sillage is good too being perceptible from more than one arm of distances. This Will be probably a Next purchase for me!! Only for cold weather and better for night time. Totally unisex!

Scent: 9.5
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 7
Quality/price: 7
Versatility: 7
Originality: 9
Global: 9.5

Creamy Sandalwood
Notes: Davana, Rum Accord, Warm Milk, Guaiac Wood, Tonka Bean, Cedar Wood, Amyris, Vanilla and Vetiver

A gorgeous scent. Creamy, slightly boozy and warm. The warm milk note is alluring and addictive. Perfect for the cold weather. Love it
Dark caramelised wood
It reminds me a little of when I made caramel sweets and was not present for a moment... it's a trace too dark. It was highly aromatic, warm and strong but also this touch of bitterness. Oh dear what to do with it now? I have mixed into this dark, hot mass a little sweetened condensed milk, some rosewood oil and a few very finely powdered crushed herbs of Provence (only a hint). I left everything to cool in a dark room overnight. I opened the door in the morning and what should I say, I got an incredibly fine woody caramel scent of fine herbs in my nose. Delicious but not sweet - rather full-bodied, different and new and I have filled my lungs with this fragrance. I still have this experience in my memory. In a man I find him very extraordinarily interesting, sexy but like a very cultivated globetrotter, ingratiating and engaging. I love to sniff this scent which is not comparable with any other. I like him very much and always recognize him when he meets me. I am very pleased that this fine brand is now also available in Düsseldorf at Breuninger - absolutely go there and get to know.
"holy" milkshake
My first perception of "Palo Santo" is: Oh, fine - warm milk with honey and rum!
I have only known that the sweetness of the tonka bean together with Davana replaces the flavoured honey in this fragrance since I knew the pyramid.
Here I feel an almost elementary feeling of well-being: it is not so much the memory of my childhood as the joy of warming my hands on a cup of warm, spiced milk on cold evenings and inhaling the protective scent.
That, if available, a drop of poppy seed syrup guarantees a good night's sleep is added.

Only after the consumption of milk this scent composition will be decorated with precious wood aromas:
Guaiac wood - a tropical very hard and resin-rich wood species - enriches the existing tasteful milkshake with a strong, but very likeable resin note.
Somehow it goes perfectly with the dark, honey-brown rum; these two fragrances complement each other excellently.
Cedar wood, a basic fragrance ingredient that is becoming more and more popular for me, combines harmoniously with the previous fragrance process.
"Of course, "silky-silvery" is not a fragrance, but with cedar wood I always feel the silky, like polished wood under my hands.
If all my senses are touched by a fragrance work of art, this is a very good sign for me; I feel comfortable with the being on my skin!
Amyrisholz, a family member of the sandalwood that I appreciate so much, completes an appealing round dance; all the fine ingredients now dance in unison.
In "Palo Santo", the finale begins with the addition of vetiver: flavoured milk with rum, aromatic woods and the earthy, dark green heaviness of vetiver - that's got something!
It is an extremely endearing, albeit somewhat unusual creation, which presents itself here.

"Palo Santo" is for me a companion for the quieter hours, which promise leisure with a good book and beautiful music.
Even on grey rainy days like today, it is a blessing; even if the first spring is already lightly peeping through the rain air: outside it is simply unfriendly!

A certain "holiness" of trees and wood is a matter of course for me; how much experience of decades and even centuries is in these creatures of nature.
Some of this serenity and perhaps also wisdom is transferred to me; this is always very welcome.
Those who open their senses to "Palo Santo" will certainly not be disappointed. Unless it's a "milk grubby." He should avoid this scent from the beginning: it will be nothing!
But otherwise: warm milk with a lot of aroma - that is pure well-being!

Smell of Contemporary Mysticism
Scentrack
Keith Mansfield - Je Reviens

The sacred Guaic wood is successfully translocated to urban landscape. The smell of eternity compressed in present. I enjoy wearing during city walks in winter or relaxing in bars with wooden interiors. Also, Palo Santo is perfect for winter chilling at home, by the fireside if possible.
To find the contemporary mystic inside yourselves.

Rating: 8/10

Scentimental Words

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 7 months ago
Palosanto smells like a Woody milkshake. A mix of Woods and sweet notes mixed with vanilla ice cream. Really delicious! Unisex. For cold wtr
PioPio 9 months ago
A yummy dessert in a bottle. Creme Bulle made perfume. Very nice.

by Blödel
Hier werden keine Mäuse gefangen, nur Proben.....
by Toppine
by GewoonBB
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Carner

Black Calamus by Carner Cuirs by Carner Drakon by Carner D600 by Carner Tardes by Carner Rima XI by Carner Sandor 70's by Carner El Born by Carner Costarela by Carner Ambar del Sur by Carner Besos by Carner Megalium by Carner Botafumeiro by Carner Rose & Dragon by Carner Felino by Carner Bo-Bo by Carner Latin Lover by Carner Bestium by Carner Salado by Carner Sweet William by Carner