212 by Carolina Herrera
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
7.2 / 10 90 Ratings
212 is a perfume by Carolina Herrera for women and was released in 1997. The scent is fresh-floral. It is being marketed by Puig.
Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot Cactus blossomCactus blossom Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Orange blossomOrange blossom
Heart Notes Heart Notes FreesiaFreesia GardeniaGardenia JasmineJasmine LilyLily RoseRose White camelliaWhite camellia
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood
Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.10.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Helpful Review 6
The reason why I became a perfume lover
212 was my first international designer fragrance back in the 90s so I thought it would be nice my first review to be about it. I clearly remember the day when I made acquaintance with 212: it was a hot summer day; I was working and entered a drugstore with a friend in order to get her some painkillers. While she was shopping for the medicine I started browsing the store, specifically at the perfume counter. I was immediately attracted to the silver package with the crystal clear liquid in it. The sales attendant offered me to try it, which I did. The rest of the afternoon I spent sniffing my wrist and feeling cooled down in face of the brazing heat. A week later I went back to the drugstore and acquired my first bottle of 212. It became my first signature fragrance and I recall receiving many compliments, both from men and women. One in particular was from a male friend who stated 212 was how I should always smell like. My passion for this fragrance lasted until international designer fragrances became more accessible in my country, due to globalization. And globalization was also one of the reasons I started smelling 212 in many other women around me. I kept it as my main scent for a while, but later became bored both with its linearity and popularity, so we parted ways. Twenty years later, revisiting the fragrances that started my love for the perfume world and not smelling 212 around me so often as in the past, I decided it was time to own a bottle again. When my bottle arrived and I eagerly applied it I immediately recollected why I fell in love with it in the past: a soft, clean, slightly powdery fragrance, with lovely white flowers that, together, compose a soothing aura for me. It still has great longevity and a projection that allows you to smell the fragrance constantly for at least 4 hours. After so many years I can state that my passion grew into love and I'll keep 212 in my collection not only for the sake of fond memories, but also because it smells simple and divine to me.

Very helpful Review 5
212 ways to smell unique
I really, really like this fragrance. Surprising, because I never expected to.

It's slightly fruity, it's fresh and it's powdery. Three qualities that I usually detest in fragrances, however this scent is bliss for me.

I actually adore the cactus note, strangely enough. I suppose it is to be expected seeming that my mother collects many rare and interesting cacti for her garden. I'm practically surrounded by the scent of cactus whenever I go home, so perhaps this scent sparks sentimental value for me.

Apart from the cactus note, I also sense the mandarin orange and orange blossom notes which are subtle yet divine. The floral notes which make their first appearance after the initial 10 minutes, are quite powdery and strange, not at all what you'd expect. The flowers are somewhat plastic and artificial smelling, however I believe it only adds to this fragrance's appeal.

The sillage is actually quite strong, which surprised me because most scents of this nature are soft and intimate. The lasting power is also fabulous.

I would recommend 212 as a unique Spring/Summer fragrance for women that long to stand out in a crowd.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

8 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Carolina Herrera

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera CH Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Suprême) by Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Black (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera 212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Saffron Lazuli by Carolina Herrera Nightfall Patchouli by Carolina Herrera Gold Incense by Carolina Herrera Virgin Mint by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Neroli Boheme by Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Amber Desire by Carolina Herrera