212 Men (1999) Eau de Toilette

212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

212 Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Carolina Herrera for men and was released in 1999. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Spices, Grapefruit, Green notes, Lavender, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Green pepper, Ginger, Sage, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Labdanum, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.11.2018

8.0 8.0 7.0 7.0/10
The fragrance 1-0-1
Or the fragrance 2-1-2 ;)

212 I have already sniffed where, and at that time it was somehow not interesting enough for me. But since I know that the perception of fragrance can change a lot over time, and I have already discovered some things that I would not have liked in the past, I recently took the opportunity to buy a (used) bottle of it. And it already paid off for the funny magnetic cap haha :D

But now to the fragrance one-o-one:
The fragrance is fresh, metallic and slightly spicy. Funnily enough it reminds me of a scent I didn't know before (at the first test): Creeds "Millésime Impérial".

I would describe it like this:
Millésime Impérial is an exclusive, aesthetic, noble fragrance, and 212 is the functional fresh fragrance version of it... as, one is a Porsche 911 convertible, and the other a Mazda Miata MX5 convertible. Both fast and lively, but the Porsche is just a luxury statement, and the materials used in it are simply a tick of higher quality.

So, now I "slow down again" with the car comparisons ;P But it's a men's scent, so you can roll through the stereotypical clichés ;P

The vibes I get from this scent aren't as good as mine, honestly. The fragrance has something slightly unapproachable, ethereal (I think most people understand it as "metallic"). Similar to what I did a bit hard with "Coach for Men" at the beginning, with the angular bulb, I'm still doing a bit hard here... I mean, - I know why I bought it, first of all I like the brand, and secondly I know that you have to test some fragrances more to see how they work, in which situation they shine. I think, for example, that 212 could be very cool in sports and hot temperatures. (clearly ambiguous ;P)

And since I already have a few 212 Flanker, the original had now simply times into the house.

I am curious about your opinions, and whether you can see the similarity now, too, where you hear it from someone else. (:
212 for Men
A perfume that speaks itself. An Awesome creation by Alberto Morillas in collaboration with Rosendo Mateu and Ann Gottlieb. This was my signature scent for so many years and I still have 3 bottles, so much love & respect for this beauty.
The initial blast of spices, freshness, greenness & muskiness total paralyzed me when I wore for the very first time & since then I love it. Whenever I was/am wearing it, people noticed my presence in office. Interesting it also leave traces for hours. I am disappointed for its reformulation by watering down its spiciness and freshness. My Rated still 10/10
10.0 5.0 5.0 10.0/10
youth
i love this fragrance. i finished two bottle of it and i wish to buy it again soft and cool and modern suitable for spring and summer .i feel fresh spices and flowers and at the end musk .
7.5 7.5 10.0 4.0/10
Drseid
Artificial Metallic Citrus, Great Sprayer...
A very annoyingly sharp metallic citrus that is quite artificial. This is very much in the generic vein of so many other mainstream citruses over the years. The only positive thing I can say about 212 Men is it has an incredible sprayer. I just wish the juice it was spraying was any good... alas it is not. One to avoid, says I. 2 stars out of 5.

Hajuvana 23 months ago
Somewhat SMW-like opening meets plausible synthetic sandalwood. Period piece from an era when every other house did their citrus-tea-musk.+3

by FernandoBR