212 Men 1999 Eau de Toilette

212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera
Bottle Design Fabien Baron
212 Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Carolina Herrera for men and was released in 1999. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.08.2021.

Cut grass on musk
Carolina Herrera is a house with not so many good offerings for men. One of them is the original Herrera for men (which has lost his power and quality over the years), another other one is this 212 for men.

This is one of the classics from the 00's. It came in 99, and has some qualities from other fresh scents of the nineties and, specially, a fragrance also made by Alberto Morillas. Lanvin L'Homme. A fragrance with lots of violet leaf with a musky base. That musky base is very similar to the one we find here.

The opening of 212 is essentially a cut grass accord mixed with some spices, namely pepper. Kinda unique for the time. As it dries down, the musk became noticeable. Soapy sweet musk, not an animalic one. And it's pretty much it. The musk is very present until the end. I have a vintage bottle and the performance is incredible. Super persistent and long lasting. 8+ hours easily.

I'm not a fan of that musky drydown to be honest but it's not super strong in the current formula. The cut grass is very interesting and refreshing. Definitely the star of this fragrance.

Overall, a easy fragrance that works for spring and summer time, versatile, masculine, grab n go sort of thing, uncomplicated and long lasting. Also appealing to the majority of the people.

A solid pick with good price online and a classic from the brand.

3/5

Goes always!
I am not attaching a rating to the review. Why?
I find the fragrance actually dead boring, but still reach very often to him and find him partly even perfect. How come that?

The fragrance is fresh-citrusy with a very slight sweetness and smells very masculine. He is very good, yet somehow 08/15. I love him and he is probably the most versatile fragrance of my now well over 100 fragrances collection.

Look, the scent is just there, smelling good but unremarkable. You won't get many compliments however I promise you there is NO ONE who doesn't like this scent. 212 always goes with any occasion. It is the kind of fragrance I reach for when even an always-goer like Chanel - Bleu doesn't fit. E.g.
- Gym
- Salsa dancing
- Work
- Swimming pool
- Going out

One of my favorite fragrances is definitely Chanel - Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. One of the most versatile fragrances ever. However, this just does not fit in some situations. Either he is too sweet or too flashy or too sexy. In these cases, I take the 212
The fragrance 1-0-1
Or the fragrance 2-1-2 ;)

212 I have already sniffed where, and at that time it was somehow not interesting enough for me. But since I know that the perception of fragrance can change a lot over time, and I have already discovered some things that I would not have liked in the past, I recently took the opportunity to buy a (used) bottle of it. And it already paid off for the funny magnetic cap haha :D

But now to the fragrance one-o-one:
The fragrance is fresh, metallic and slightly spicy. Funnily enough it reminds me of a scent I didn't know before (at the first test): Creeds "Millésime Impérial".

I would describe it like this:
Millésime Impérial is an exclusive, aesthetic, noble fragrance, and 212 is the functional fresh fragrance version of it... as, one is a Porsche 911 convertible, and the other a Mazda Miata MX5 convertible. Both fast and lively, but the Porsche is just a luxury statement, and the materials used in it are simply a tick of higher quality.

So, now I "slow down again" with the car comparisons ;P But it's a men's scent, so you can roll through the stereotypical clichés ;P

The vibes I get from this scent aren't as good as mine, honestly. The fragrance has something slightly unapproachable, ethereal (I think most people understand it as "metallic"). Similar to what I did a bit hard with "Coach for Men" at the beginning, with the angular bulb, I'm still doing a bit hard here... I mean, - I know why I bought it, first of all I like the brand, and secondly I know that you have to test some fragrances more to see how they work, in which situation they shine. I think, for example, that 212 could be very cool in sports and hot temperatures. (clearly ambiguous ;P)

And since I already have a few 212 Flanker, the original had now simply times into the house.

I am curious about your opinions, and whether you can see the similarity now, too, where you hear it from someone else. (:

212 for Men
A perfume that speaks itself. An Awesome creation by Alberto Morillas in collaboration with Rosendo Mateu and Ann Gottlieb. This was my signature scent for so many years and I still have 3 bottles, so much love & respect for this beauty.
The initial blast of spices, freshness, greenness & muskiness total paralyzed me when I wore for the very first time & since then I love it. Whenever I was/am wearing it, people noticed my presence in office. Interesting it also leave traces for hours. I am disappointed for its reformulation by watering down its spiciness and freshness. My Rated still 10/10

youth
i love this fragrance. i finished two bottle of it and i wish to buy it again soft and cool and modern suitable for spring and summer .i feel fresh spices and flowers and at the end musk .

Drseid
Artificial Metallic Citrus, Great Sprayer...
A very annoyingly sharp metallic citrus that is quite artificial. This is very much in the generic vein of so many other mainstream citruses over the years. The only positive thing I can say about 212 Men is it has an incredible sprayer. I just wish the juice it was spraying was any good... alas it is not. One to avoid, says I. 2 stars out of 5.

HugoMontezHugoMontez 9 months ago
The best CH since Herrera for Men. A fresh grassy top note that goes into a Cool Water direction without the coolness of it. Decent. 3/5
HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
Somewhat SMW-like opening meets plausible synthetic sandalwood. Period piece from an era when every other house did their citrus-tea-musk.

by BruceLee
by Gumschel
by MarkStar
by MarkStar

Popular Carolina Herrera

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera CH Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Carolina Herrera Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Gold Incense by Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Black (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Suprême) by Carolina Herrera Nightfall Patchouli by Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Amber Desire by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera 212 by Carolina Herrera CH Men Insignia by Carolina Herrera Virgin Mint by Carolina Herrera