CH Men 2009 Eau de Toilette

CH Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera
CH Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Carolina Herrera for men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-leathery. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGrassGrass
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
CashmereCashmere
SuedeSuede

Submitted by Muenchner, last update on 23.09.2021.

Sweetened Grasovka
Preliminary: The review refers to a bottling. However, I strongly assume that it is a current formulation and not a vintage version or similar.

Fragrance: the title already says it. Me reminds the main note very strongly of the well-known Grasovska vodka, which is flavored with bison grass. In this respect, I can understand the "green" of the fragrance well, although it is not a natural, organic green for me (as one is accustomed to so many niche fragrances), but a rather into the synthetic going green for me. The scent definitely has a sweetness to it as well (which can be reminiscent of cotton candy for all I care), but that doesn't make it drift into feminine at all (the masculine green vodka touch is too dominant for that). Of the leather often described here, which also mainly moved me to test, I smell, however, nothing really, so for me no leather scent! A great scent progression I can not determine, but the main note is well present to the 3 hours, then he weakens m.E. already very.

Conclusion: A not unoriginal fragrance, which should meet with many on favor. He is masculine and somewhere sexy (there were for him quite positive reactions from the ladies), he goes in everyday life or even on the date. The sillage is m.E. better than he smells directly from the wrist. It could certainly get a little penetrating in sweltering summer heat and a little underwhelming in winter, which is why I think it's perfect for spring. Its weakness I see in the durability and for Ü30 he comes to me then but a little too "young" across. Otherwise, you can try the confident times. He just does not fully convince me, which is why no bottle must be purchased.
Hujo77
Vintage CH MEN !!!! sexy green smoky cotton candy !!!!
Luckily I can say that I am still an owner of the vintage variant of this fragrance with the famous hanging logo in the middle
This fragrance is a sexy, green, cotton candy dream that smells so awesome the first time you smell it that you can hardly believe it The fragrance smells as if you turn on the lawn mower in the morning to mow and unintentionally flits over burnt smoky cotton candy that was previously transported in the leather bag of your loved one.
I haven't smelled such a beautiful independent designer fragrance in a long time, super delicious and seductive.
The perfect date fragrance for intimate moments with his sweetheart, not too intrusive but always present seductive and unique.
Simply a dreamlike fragrance !!!!
To the current version I can unfortunately say nothing because I have not yet smelled it, but according to countless negative comments it must have been reformulated broken. Too bad !!!!

Oh well at least one is still left with the memory of the beautiful sizzling moments one had with this fragrance. Fortunately, I can spray him from time to time again to sink in the beautiful memory.

Conclusion:
Perfect date fragrance that had a neat H/S at the time and always brought about very positive reactions and was super independent.

Smooth
This is a high quality fragrance and quite original concept of leather and sugar notes and yet in the behind you can sense some green freshness. I like the vanila note it gives overall smoothnes of the fragrance.
This is night time fragrance.
Dailydaniel
Oh, what a great fragrance you used to be
CH men. A perfume that has not gained much recognition in Germany. All the nicer for those who wear it. A beautiful sweetness and there in the top note nevertheless this light green.

A bit of leather in the base and the durability used to be quite above average. However, this has changed since the bottles with red ribbon are no longer produced. The newer version unfortunately doesn't do justice to the former perfume anymore. That's why I say goodbye to this great fragrance when the last drop escapes from my vintage perfume.

Once provided for many compliments and curious questions of the environment now only the farewell remains and the associated search for a sweet, light seducer suitable for everyday use, which one does not smell at every corner.

chau! arrivederci & au revoir CH MEN

Classy frag
This is a versatile frag and one of my favs. I never paid too much attention to the original since Privé is the one most people talk about but one day out of curiosity at a store I applied CH Men to a paper strip and for some reason placed it in my wallet for later (the dry down). When I opened the wallet later I was blown away.
This fragrances is very well blendedand balanced. Smells classy and works great as a signature fragrance or at least a dumb grab.

Love the grass notes

CH Men=New Version/Reformulated
per Carolina Herrera website on the newer version/reformulated of CH Men, for the notes

Top Notes
Eccentricity: Grass and Violet flowers

Middle Notes
Adventure: Saffron and Nutmeg

Bottom Notes
Savoir faire, passion and style: Vetiver roots, Jasmine Sambac, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cashmere and Suede

SOTD: Carolina Herrera CH Men New version/reformulated: As of 01/16/19

My simple review on the CH Men I don't have the older version to compare with, but per CH website I'm able to get the notes and it's reformulated from the older version, they took out the leather, sugar, bergamot, grapefruit, moss, woody notes and amber. See the top for the newer notes for the newer/formulated version of CH Men. I detect the grass, suede, vanilla and saffron from start to finish. Is a nice/sweet scent to my nose the sweetness of the vanilla to me is just right and not cloying. Fragrance is well balanced and blended. Great for date nights and night out events. Suitable for the fall/winter. Projection is decent I get around 1-3 hrs at the most, longevity/performance is above average around 8+ hrs. Overall is an 7.5/10. Is a must have and I will have this fragrance in my winter rotation

Rating

Scent: 7/10
Design/Presentation: 7.5/10
Value: 5/10
Longevity/Performance: 7.5/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 8+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10

a people pleaser
Right from the start I can smell the wood, leather, amber, moss and the sweetness of the grapefruit and the sugar. It's not overly sweet which is great in my opinion, the woody and leather notes are the main notes I can pick out from this fragrance making it a heavier cologne. The drydown doesn't change much for me, a bit more of the base notes but ultimately it just smells less sweet, it was at this point it started to smell like a generic, masculine fragrance to me as fragrance itself isn't anything unique or new, it's a safe, pleasant fragrance that is great for all day use in the autumn / fall season, for men of all ages. It will pull in some compliments because it is a nice fragrance, but I don't think it stands out enough to be memorable.
N471v3
A convertible with red leather seats and mine in the front passenger seat;)
The most important short:
You don't have that scent? Buy it. Thanks to me later.

In detail. Intro.
--- The Greeting Song - Red Hot Chili Peppers ---
Drivin' around I've got my baby and my top down
Mary-go-round I ride you for my love
Throwin' me down in the backseat underground
I'm on the mound I make it for my love

CH Men was one of the milestones of my fragrance journey. One of those scents where you immediately know it is a great love and it will stay forever. A fragrance that I can recommend as a blind buy without batting an eyelid. My congratulations to the creators, a direct hit!

Carolina Herrera's PR department has also done a great job, because the image that is created with design and imagery perfectly matches the fragrance! Isn't it nice when the bottle and advertising create an ideal image that the fragrance can really hold? It's not always like that.

How does CH Men?
As Val said, the fragrance is very reminiscent of Rocha's Man. Cotton candy sweetness and slightly woody opponents, which make the whole thing more masculine, permeate the whole fragrance,- from the head to the base notes.
Only where Rocha's coffee notes bring a main player into the game who makes it even more masculine,- CH Men does this with the beautiful leather note. The sweetness that goes with it, which is really well interwoven with the leather, reminds me of red leather seats in an older car. Really soft and smooth leather (rough leather would be for me e.g. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather).

CH Men manages to draw a beautiful bow for me, between masculine, gourmand, sweet, individual, and so aesthetic and beautiful that most people would probably like it.

About performance and batches.
At that time, I was the first to get the current wording, i.e. 2015/2016. She swept me away so much that of course I MUST go in search of the Holy Grail and get vintage batches. Surprisingly, I think both versions have their raison d'être:
The new version focuses a little more on cotton candy, the old version more on the base and the leather. Paradoxically, I expected that I would like the old version better, which was not the case in the long run... The old version is leatherier, has more... let's say depth, but the new one is more interesting to smell and peppiger... maybe younger. The top note is more perceptible, clearer and more defined, which makes the fragrance more tangible for me.

I could imagine that the old version seems more impressive in the Sillage, more sensual because it has more "enamel". And the performance is a little better. Whereby also this has no muster-sillage... I "shower" with both when I wear it (approx. 6-8 sprayers),- at least when I go out of the house and want to have some more of it. In the first 2 hours it is rather racy and one is noticeable, but afterwards the smell becomes a < 0.5m aura, at least in the self-perception.

For lovers and collectors the mini iterations between the slightly different bottle designs are a nice collecting gimmick... you just want to have them all, like Pokemon haha (golden vs. silver cap, leather vs. plastic coating, red ribbon/ tie vs. logo below right...)
Pictures can be found in the following forum on pages 14 and 15, or I upload one here on Parfumo.

Oh, such a beautiful passion ((: Hope I've made whose mouth water;)

"Gooood feelings cooome to me" ~Greeting Song, RHCP

Charming
The bottle is different now. It has an improved outlook, all covered by brown leather, with little gold initials in the bottom corner. The new bottle has a gold cap.
As for the fragrance: superb, indeed very pleasant... and Ladies do love it.

Decent!
A plushy sugar-suede fragrance, as much decently put together as completely dull. I surely get why young fellas like this – it is sweet, safe, inoffensively and uncreatively pleasant, long lasting and with a bold linear projection. Nothing really leathery here, just a sort of mild and smooth vinyl-PU suede kind of leather note topped with something sugary-plummy, a hint of citrus and an unremarkable artificial woody base accord (on the smooth-sweet side). Cheap, but decent. The ideal “club scent” in the same league of YSL La Nuit de l’Homme and that type of “bro” fragrances showing no points of interest for fragrance enthusiasts, just a well-engineered aromatic tool specifically aimed at contrasting body odours and picking up undemanding one night stand partners. Uselessly nice bottle with a real leather label – the only good leather smell you’ll get out of this.

5,5-6/10

HugoMontezHugoMontez 8 months ago
Once a decent sweet grassy-vanilla scent, now reformulated into sugar water. Nothing to celebrate here but it could be worse. 2/5
GolcherGolcher 3 years ago
I've seen many people complaint this is a 'people pleaser' well I'm people and I'm pleased. You sold me CH Men and I love it
BreadyBready 3 years ago
Amazing fragrance! I love to wear it daily
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
This fragrance is a landmark. It even gets sweet compliments from bitter nuns.
it's a must have unless you care for a superior performance.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
"It's sweet but masculine and classy. There's something almost gourmand about it." Sweet? Gourmand? Well, on my skin it's anything but sweet

by Dandrobe
by JB89
by Kiengira
by Kiengira

Popular Carolina Herrera

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera 212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Gold Incense by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Black (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Nightfall Patchouli by Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Suprême) by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Amber Desire by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera 212 by Carolina Herrera CH Men Insignia by Carolina Herrera Bronze Tonka by Carolina Herrera