CH Men Privé 2015

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera
Top 32 in Men's Perfume
CH Men Privé is a popular perfume by Carolina Herrera for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Lavender, Sage, Red thyme, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhisky
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Benzoin, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Justice Joslin, photographed by Mario Testino.

Schallhoerer
The leather jacket tightrope act
CH Men Privé is sensual and also a bit wicked. But in no perverted way. And certainly not in that 50 Shades of Grey way. The fragrance starts off relatively sparkling with cardamom and grapefruit. The opening is fresher than I expected for this type of fragrance. But relatively quickly the scent takes on its own DNA. Smoky, sweetish with a nice portion of leather and whisky.

I can absolutely understand why women like this scent on men. There is this certain mixture of masculine and playful sweetness, which here shows wonderful contrasts to the ingredients. The tangy leather is somewhat balanced with the sweetness of whisky and tonka bean. I personally smell a little tobacco in the leather accord, even if it is not listed.

The fragrance is often associated with "bad boys". For that he is still too well-behaved for me and I miss the really animalistic one. When I think of CH Men Privé, I think more of the young nerd who, for the first time in his life, experiences the mystery of the "tight dance number" in a bar with an older woman and feels like James Deen.

Beautiful Sweet Leather
This is a light leather fragrance. Isn't beast mode and becomes a skin scent after an hour. I blind bought this and it’s one of my favorites. Notes of cardamom, tonka and leather. It’s one of my go-to scents for fall in the office.

Wow ????
Does this fragrance need any introduction? Often called the bad boy leather jacket fragrance and hyped to death by @jeremyfragrance. I thought it was overhyped at first but then I smelled it and must agree to the hype. It really stands out of all the generic fragrance out there. A blend between, leather, whiskey and Tonka bean. You also have some beautiful cardamom in it. I’m usually not a huge fan of leather fragrances but this one is an exception. The bottle is very creative as well. One bad side… the performance could be much better. Take a decant with you because re spraying every 3 hours is mandatory. But still I consider it to be a beautiful addition to my collection.
Jln20
"Everytime I hug a girl...
... I get a compliment"

Short disclaimer, if you want to go directly to the fragrance description, please scroll down a bit:

In everything you read and see, you should always remember that perfumes, like all other things, are a matter of taste.
Just because person x gives his mustard,
no matter how prestigious it is or how many thumbs up, cups, criticism or (not)helpful- ratings
there is for that mustard,
you should always take matters into your own hands.
You can read knowledge and experience, but then:

Even in the field, on your own skin, test with your own nose, ask yourself the question "Does the fragrance suit me or what I want to embody" and then form your own opinion from the overall picture that emerges.

Not just buy, because it was on the Internet that one person and his 79 Likes find this scent cool.
For example, I found a lot of what Jeremy recommended fantastic, some irrelevant and some horrible In the end, I resold a lot of things I ordered semi-blind.
Beware of blind purchases.
But now to the fragrance.

With the title Jeremy is right, at least in his and my life-world.

Prive begins with sweet cardamom, which is intercepted by tart grapefruit.
No cotton candy; the tart sweetness gets a seductive, wicked touch through whiskey and (weak) leather in the heart, which immediately reminds of bar evenings in the Irish Pub. But the cardamom remains present and for about 2 hours an absolutely attractive scent hangs in the close air of the wearer, which, applied to the neck, brings a compliment with almost every hug.*
In the drydown, woods and tonka bean join in to provide a smooth finish.

But the strength of the fragrance is in any case in the head and heart.

On long evenings or for dancing, the fragrance may have to be sprayed on, but after a maximum of 4 hours it can only be perceived up close. The Sillage decreases rapidly after the first two hours.
*Of course it depends on the setting in which the fragrance is worn!
Atmosphere:
It smells of sweet alcohol, tobacco smoke, leather jackets and stupid decisions. Irish pub, pub crawl or clubbing.
Privé is a pure fragrance and comes through the sweetness much better at colder temperatures 15C->. In midsummer I would take something else.
It's also good for a date, although I personally would take something less sweet, because whiskey and cardamom in combination are already quite a good way to go, making for a very attractive but also challenging combination. As I said before, I prefer it when celebrating.

One final little comparison:
Privé often has to compete in lists with the "Best Date - Fragrances". The One and LNDLH should also be mentioned here.
While The One is too sweet, I find it almost infantile, LNDLH is too powdery/heavy for me.
Privé beats the press out of both and is, because it is almost only available on the Internet, also something that you will not smell as often - anyway not because the Sillage is not room filling.

Absolute test recommendation! Tip: Give the fragrance some time and wear it a few times before you judge. I have also bellied several times until I have learned to love it.
Looking forward to the exchange, good time, cya
DarkWinterCS
Why did you spill whisky on my leather jacket?
Because I'm dying to get a feel for how CH Men Prive sniffs.

Once again one of those fragrances, on which you as an interested fragrance user and YouTube viewer have become known through our well-known fragrance youtuber. How often do I still have the clacking of the cap in my head.

But even away from that, this scent is not bad. Far away from other scents that go in this bar-scented direction. Less old-timers club, but much more hipster bar. Less smoke, more tonka, spice and above all more alcohol.

I imagine a guy in his 30s dressed in a leather jacket. After he sits down and orders a bourbon, a lady from the other side of the bar smiles at him. As she walks up to him and joins them, she has the misfortune of spilling the bourbon. Slowly he runs along the counter and drips in fine nuances on the leather jacket which is on the bar stool. He doesn't mind and dries his jacket. This one has already been through a lot.

The scent that is now in the air can be described as the CH Men Prive. Leather, alcohol, tonka and spice.
The Sillage is pretty good, especially in the beginning, and also the durability is very good.

A fragrance that you can enjoy very well at temperatures below 20 degrees and especially in the evening, even if it doesn't make it into my collection.
A long wait
The fragrance was felt eternally on my wish list, this is certainly the case with many perfumes, since he meets an online here and there from time to time, but in shops he is not to be found.
The normal ch men has become one of my favourites for spring. The dna is clearly visible here, similar sweet but with a darker undercoating. Leather chord, the often described whiskey is different than imagined, A somewhat fiery burning flame chord,
Which harmonizes nicely with the gummy bear sweetness.
The sillage is slightly below average, shelf life better than expected as it has always been described as extremely bad,
But since leather chords often do not stand still for a long time I was positively surprised,
The cardamom is present, and in combination with lavender I am very familiar with la nuit de lhomme
In addition leather, thyme and a burnt something.
I would like to have the bottle alone in the collection.
Autumn winter, or during the day everything under 13 degrees
About that I would prefer the normal ch.
The priveé appears masculine, spicy with good sweetness Very inviting. Great perfume
Those who like la nuit de lhomme and wish for an even deeper leathery base will be happy with this. It's not so well known either.
Maybe this comment will help the one or the other
Nyamoto
Leather jacket? Leather. Jacket.
Some time ago I bought this fragrance here at the Souk and wanted to follow up all the good YouTube recessions. It was hard for me to imagine how a scent could smell so much like leather/manliness/whisky and co. and at the same time still playfully turn women's heads when passing by. And yes, I was proven wrong
After unpacking the Duftpost, a powerful splash landed on a test strip. The skepticism to spray this fragrance directly on the arm prevailed. Hmm, just smells like whiskey. With my growing experience, I knew that I should not put all my judgement into a test strip. Shortly after that a strong splash landed on my arm. After a short time the leather cracked and the inner urge grew in me to dig out my leather jacket, which I had stored for the winter, from the cupboard. A fragrance that exudes masculinity and has earned me compliments from some women. Combined with a leather jacket and a confident look, this fragrance scores all along the line. And that with an unbeatable price-performance ratio.

To the fragrance:
At the beginning the fragrance, in my opinion, appears somewhat synthetic. But this moment of shock should not deter you. The fragrance begins to transform instantly on the skin. The whisky and the leather are clearly visible. With me on the skin, especially the leather comes through clearly. Personal, who likes the scent of leather and who is usually out and about in suitable weather with a leather jacket, the ideal companion for going out or to do one or the other thing.

Shelf life:
Unfortunately, this is where the greatest criticism is made. A fragrance with a Bad Boy aura should do this for a little longer. On me the scent lasts only one or two hours and disappears as fast as it has transformed on my skin. Pity
Sillage:
After spraying on, the sillage is clearly visible. The fellow human beings perceive the scent clearly. Most compliments are given after application, although the Sillage loses its strength with increasing wearing time. Unfortunately also here, in connection with the durability, a point of criticism.

Flacon:
The lid and the closure are an eye-catcher. Without playing around with it for a few minutes, it is almost impossible to hold the bottle in your hand. I particularly like the otherwise simple design.
Christian's endurance
It was warm nights in autumn to the inn at the village Rand.
when Christian came in, he was on fire.
He settled down, ate, drank, laughed But he was up to something private
So his eyes fell on the giggling Hilde.
The whiskey's too much, too late an hour,
he went over, took her by the arm.
And giggling, she fell for his charm.

He came close to her; "stop laughing!
I want to do dirty things with you!"

It was warm nights in autumn,
When Hilde's Bette creaks and cracks
But who can believe, Lord, Ohweih!
With Christian's stamina, it'll be over quickly.

Intense, but nipped in the bud Ashamed, young Christian crept home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------br /> Ch men privé is often described as the date fragrance and this fits like a glove, because for many women it makes the wearer look interesting.
This may be due to the fact that two opposites are juxtaposed here.
The clean, fresh smelling notes like grapefruit, lavender, sage and dirty, spicy notes like leather and whiskey. Tonka bean gives the whole thing a certain mass suitability.
The whole thing plays together perfectly m.M.n. and makes sure that Ch Men privé smells like he smells: charming, interesting, but also cheeky, daredevil, a bit pushy.

The silage is enormous in the first two hours, the scent projects really passionately. But only in the first two hours, because then the shelf life decreases and decreases rapidly.
Pity, he really doesn't have any stamina.

I like to wear it myself when I spontaneously hang around in bars for a few hours. However, I exercise myself in more restraint than Christian ;)

More water than whisky
[short review]
What should we choose? Gourmet food or fast food ?...
Most of us like both those types of food and may sometimes make a whole meal with either one.
The same may happen with perfumes. There are times where I feel like a fancy strong niche perfume and some other times I just feel like wearing a "common" and not pretentious one.
CH Men Privé does not fit in any of those situations. It aims a high profile wearer but just does not deliver according to the expectations. This perfume had quite an amount of hype after its market launch (probably Jeremy helped a lot to it). This fragrance has been perceived as the CH Men heir, and to build upon its success. CH Men fans maybe hoped Privé to fill some of the CH Men flaws, namely the performance. The two fragrances are way different in terms of scent, so I don't consider Privé as a flanker of its ancester. They only share a disappointing average or below average performance. I rate CH Men Privé with an under average longevity for the existing notes. Even less impressive is its sillage and projection. Carolina Herrera usually positions its fragrances some market layers above the "common people" range of price and, currently, this fragrance sells for a little more than half of the price of four years ago.
The scent is OK even if a bit synthetic. The citrus-fougére-spicy opening is in line with modern elegant fragrances. In the heart, the whisky note is pleasing and it blends very well with the leather and the ambery sweet bottom notes. I like it and ladies like it as well, but it's not really pratical to elect this perfume for a night out and to feel the need of respraying a couple of times... well at least the bottle has a nice design.
Recommended? Not really because it's quite watered down, and the initial hype is gone now. Probably I would have a different opinion with an EdP concentration. I advice you to watch out for more expensive and enduring spicy sweet fragrances that may well be considered very good alternatives. Nevertheless currently this fragrance ranks in the 23d Parfumo position of fragrances for men... amazing! Many people probably got a bottle different from mine.
Hahahaha... it's the first time I give an advice for a more expensive perfume alternative :-)

Music: The Doors - "Alabama Song" (Whiskey Bar) - This music was selected considering a possible future existence of a CH Men Privé "Eau de Parfum" flanker.
Spice Whiskey
CH Men Privé starts with a grapefruit chord sweetened by benzoin and with a strong synthetic appeal, but it doesn't last long and very quickly turns into a whiskey spice mixture that I can't identify exactly. Unfortunately this whiskey does not smell for me very high-quality, but somewhat strangely lacquer-like. In the background I mean to notice woods and also some tobacco, although these are not listed at all in the fragrance pyramid. This scented impression lasts on my skin for about six hours with very little projection close to my skin. As it dries, the alcohol loses its intensity, leaving a mix of rough leather and tonka bean with the remains of the wood in subtle support. In this phase I feel the scent most pleasant.
Finally, I am glad to have purchased only one bottle here, because unfortunately I don't like the heart note at all.

TombbbTombbb 4 months ago
Mostly boozy-fruity, very elegant and sweet. After smelling stuff like Dark Lord, no leather here for my nose.
ThodorisS3ThodorisS3 5 months ago
One of the best choice's with a leather jacket at the winter....
Dan81Dan81 6 months ago
A suited Ace-10 in poker. If not played with caution then its overtly boozy feel may backfire. Also weak projection, but it's a winning hand
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Not my cup of tea. Good longevity and nice masculine scent but i find a synthetic note which i feel in all CH and makes me not like them
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
Pair this with a good Single malt and a leather jacket and you’re golden!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
The DNA of the OG in the background with an accord of leather and a whisky undertone. I prefer this one because its not excessive sweet.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I bought CHMen Privé to replace CHMen and YSL LNDLH due to performance issues. Now I have another fragrance with performance issues as well.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Sweet cardamom ashtray. Absolutely no whisky. Light and very appealing, with good longevity. King of the elegant generics.
Pietros921Pietros921 3 years ago

by AsgardHD
by Bejcc
by Bejcc

Popular Carolina Herrera

CH Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Black (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera 212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Gold Incense by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera CH Men Grand Tour by Carolina Herrera CH Men Insignia by Carolina Herrera 212 by Carolina Herrera Oud Couture by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Nightfall Patchouli by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Suprême) by Carolina Herrera