CH Men Privé (2015)

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera

CH Men Privé is a popular perfume by Carolina Herrera for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Lavender, Sage, Red thyme, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhisky
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Benzoin, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 08.04.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Justice Joslin, photographed by Mario Testino.

10.0 7.0 6.0 10.0/10

One of my faves by FAR
If only the longevity were a bit better, It’d be perfection. This one leaves you PROUD, and you’d BETTER have the swagger to back it up.... such a vivid, seductive tone... confidence had better be authentic, as no pretenders will be able to carry the ball with this one
7.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Golcher
combine it with a single malt and a leather jacket and you’re golden
A fragrance that single handedly made me an enthusiast.

This is what I’d call a “third date fragrance”. Very seductive, boozy and playful, opens with a nice cardamom and gives way to a intoxicating (in the best possible way) whisky scent followed by a leather/tonka/benzoin combo ideal for fall/winter evening. It’d be perfect if it lasted a couple more hours

CH Men Privé lives up to its reputation
9.0 5.0 9.0/10

Bernado77
English pub after 10:30 p.m.
There he is, the Bad Party Boy, among fragrances. It smells like a night of drinking, like a party for men and not for boys, like rye whisky and a gentleman cigar round, sweet like leather and tonka, bitter like grapefruit and masculine animalistic like leather. The scents play very well with each other. It has only one disadvantage, it is also something like the English Land Pub after 22:30 o'clock, just as abruptly as it is there, the fun also passes. The durability is unfortunately bad, maybe I had a fake version, but after 3 hours the complete scent was not perceptible anymore. Too bad
8.0 7.0 6.0 9.0/10

RaySilvers
Smells like fun, dirty and uncompromising at a high level.
This fragrance activates the synapses before it reaches the taste nerves, it is almost more an association than a decorative olfactory accessory, with every cloud sloshing opulently into your face leaving leather, snaps and, elegantly embedding the whole fine spice notes (cardamom), a clear statement: in front of you stands a man who does what he wants, knows who he is, who is free of all bourgeoisness and who takes sexuality for granted. From a woman's perspective and in the right environment (bar, disco, pub, dancefloor) a quite attractive picture. In addition to the mentioned scents there is a harsh male note, I don't want to say sweat, but some kind of physical smell. The durability is unfortunately not so solid, I recommend to spray several times on the same place, this slows down the evaporation in my experience clearly. No pink shirt, no suit, leather jacket or black T-shirt is trendy here.

Rock me, Amadeus!? ;-)
Hm, when I bought this fragrance I admittedly was influenced by the exorbitant rating here. But if you write that the performance of CH Men Privé is bad, I'd like to smell it with a perfume that he thinks is "performant"! ;-) In my opinion (sorry) only eau the perfume goes over it, because I can still perceive this fragrance even after showering.

I end up being a little schizophrenic about CHMP. I kind of like it, but that's just not my league olfactorically. Yes, I can eat a piece of Black Forest cherry cake once or twice a year, grab a tiramisu or snack on cognac chocolates, but that's it. It's the same with me here and also with similarly pompous and sweet scents. They just don't suit me, they're too pushy and too intrusive
You can do that, and I don't find anything really negative about this sweet and gourmandigen yet masculine scent cocktail. For me, the sweetness of Ultraviolet Man, Boss Soul, Montblanc Presence or Joop Thrill is usually enough. Because my fragrance should complement me and not gloss me over! ;-) This is of course a matter of taste, as always, but whoever is enthusiastic about it, I can well imagine in the Baroque with a powdered face and a white wig, free à la Mozart & friends! :-)
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

Sweet leather
I have to admit that this one turned out to be sweeter than I had imagined. It’s not a bad thing because it is not overly sweet at all. Also the leather note is softer than I expected. To my nose the leather in Tuscan Leather is so much louder that I becomes a bit to animatic. But that’s me...
As far as performance this one makes me nuts. One day I can get 7-8h from it and the next day it’s gone after 3-4h. All in the same season and temperature. Weird!
8.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

Fall Fragrance
Nice surprise, compared to other recent releases. Although being an another contemporary clone the notes are very nicely executed, resembling Armani Code. Grapefruit, classic lavender and pleasant base consisted of suede, tonka bean and sugar cane. It's not a Prive line quality, yet very good choice for the first "more mature" fragrance. Great suggestion to the younger crowd for fall all around cologne.
Good choice in very nice bottle.

Rating: 6.5/10
6.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Boozy and nice...
So this is a fragrance which I can see why people like or dislike. For me it's a strong like, because I enjoy the boozy and sweet aspects of it (the whiskey note). I also enjoy the leather note and the citrus and light woods and herbs. So many aspects to this which I enjoy.

This is my first fragrance from the house of Carolina Herrera, but I love it. It has a sophisticated, sweet quality to it which is modern and playful. Although it has whiskey and leather in the notes, it doesn't strike me as mature or old-smelling in any way. In fact, this is a modern and youthful fragrance which has a rich, sophisticated vibe to it.

I get a sugary, boozy whiskey vibe which I like very much. It's not overpowering, but it is present. One thing I do like is the way this sits on skin. It blends beautifully and it makes a good impression.

Overall, a good designer fragrance which is a little bit different to what else is on the market now. Not ground breaking, but very enjoyable and certainly not a bad choice. I recommend it to try. Good stuff!
5.0 2.5 10.0 5.0/10

Drseid
Fake Woods, Fake Whiskey, Fake Tobacco... Everything Here Is Fake...
CH Men Prive opens with a benzoin sweetened, nose tingling synthetic grapefruit accord before quickly moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart, the faux grapefruit morphs into a varnish-like synthetic spiced whiskey accord, flanking vague synthetic tobacco-laced woods. During the late dry-down the synthetic booze vacates, leaving moderately rough leather as star through the finish with remnants of the vague woods in subtle support. Projection is minimal but longevity is outstanding at well over 15 hours on skin.

In the more objective portion of the review, the words "faux" and "synthetic" seem to popup all too frequently. In truth, most compositions contain a large amount of synthetics, and smelling synthetic can be a good thing in many cases. Unfortunately for CH Men Prive, smelling synthetic this time is not a good thing at all, and really makes the composition come off as unbelievable and rather cheap smelling. The grapefruit starts things off really poorly, as very few would really believe this was grapefruit they are smelling, instead you get some weird approximation of the citrus, unfortunately sweetened to an annoying degree by benzoin found in the composition's base. Speaking of "annoying," the most annoying aspect of this disappointing effort is its liberal use of all too common and never welcome "vague synthetic woods," throwing in some fake tobacco and whiskey for good measure, just in case you didn't notice how fake the rest of this thing smells. In truth, the only redeeming quality of this dud is in the late dry-down, as much more believable leather finishes things off rather nicely. It is far too little, too late, however, and by the time you reach the leather many may have already scrubbed this sucker off. The bottom line is the approximately $80 per 100ml bottle CH Men Prive is a considerable departure from its relatively decent smelling, easy-to-wear predecessor, but a highly unwelcome one, earning a "below average" 2 to 2.5 stars out of 5 and an avoid recommendation to all.

Golcher 110 days ago
Pair this with a good Single malt and a leather jacket and you’re golden!+1
DavidBraz 152 days ago
The DNA of the OG in the background with an accord of leather and a whisky undertone. I prefer this one because its not excessive sweet.+2
Carlitos01 14 months ago
I bought it to replace CHMen and YSL La Nuit due to performance issues.
Now I have another reformulated EDT with performance issues as well.+2
6.0
MrHonest 18 months ago
Sweet cardamom ashtray. Absolutely no whisky. Light and very appealing, with good longevity. King of the elegant generics.+4
9.0