Carolina Herrera

Eau de Parfum (1988)
Carolina Herrera (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera
Flacon Design: Andre Ricard
Compare Prices
Carolina Herrera (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Carolina Herrera for women and was released in 1988. The scent is flowery-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Amber, Apricot, Bergamot, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Moss, Musk, Orange blossom, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang, Civet

Submitted by Kittycat, last update on 15.06.2016

jtd
1 Award
80s style (hyperbolic, superlative, immodest... you choose)
People who lived large and loud in the 1980s will tell you that the bigness of the era was a reflection of exuberance and the sense of endless potential. It wasn’t. It was mostly just un-nuanced and noisy.

Enter Carolina Herrera, the perfume, not the person. It’s a child’s stick-drawing of a tuberose blown up to billboard size, shaken with a shot of over-concentrated sugar-free grape kool-aid. Both monstrous and shrill, it was overconfident where it should have been self-conscious. Classically 80s in style, Carolina Herrera reminds me how tedious and draining those conversations with people on blow were.
Scent 9.0/10
Very helpful Review    8 Awards
Bottled "Bitch"!
CH is one of my all time favorites! I am a drag artist and am in posession of a vintage Chanel suit of chocolate brown cashmere and mink collar! I call it "the divorce suit". It has a pencil skirt, peplum jacket and the mink collar is TO DIE FOR!!! CH suits it down to the ground ... I have tried to wear no 5 with it ... it's just not bitchy enough!
This one is my "bitchy" fragrance! Like Ivana Trump said ... " don't get even ... get EVERYTHING!"
Carolina Herrera is some incredibly heady stuff! If you want to get laid wear this!!!
20 to 60 this juice is SUPER SEXY!!!
Sillage 10.0/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Giorgio minus the headache plus a triple dose of civet!
My first thought upon donning CAROLINA HERRERA was that it was pretty close to GIORGIO. Big, bad, tuberose-centric 1980s powerhouse. To be fair, however, I need to clarify that CAROLINA HERRERA is a much higher quality perfume than is GIORGIO BEVERLY HILLS--at least in its current formulation, the one available at drugstores such as CVS (where I obtained a bottle for a pittance). My understanding is that, once upon a time, GIORGIO, too, used to be made of higher-quality materials and perhaps in that incarnation it would not have induced severe headaches in me. But the current version is not really a wearable perfume, at least not by me.

CAROLINA HERRERA is somewhat more complex compositionally than is GIORGIO, primarily because of the massive blast of civet! My manufacturer's carded sample vial came from a discounter, so I do not know how old it is, but the liquid had evaporated a bit, so I may really be testing something closer to extrait than eau de parfum. In any case, based on the reviews of others I've seen, the eau de parfum is already a pretty potent potion. It has been said that Angelina Jolie likes this perfume, so that probably already means something. Recall that she used to carry an amulet of Billy Bob Thorton's blood around her neck, in addition to engaging in plenty of public displays of lustiness.

I think that I may have missed the CAROLINA HERRERA boat. This might have smelled better to me in times past, but by now I have been spoiled by the likes of FRACAS, BLONDE, and my latest tuberose acquisition, Miller Harris NOIX DE TUBEREUSE, all of which are much more wearable by me. Still, CAROLINA HERRERA is real perfume, and civet lovers such as HRH Emperor Oliver give this "live dangerously--and loudly" perfume double paws up with flaring nostrils!