Confidential - Mystery Tobacco (2016)

Confidential - Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera

Confidential - Mystery Tobacco is a popular perfume by Carolina Herrera for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Tobacco, Citruses, Ginger, Davana, Osmanthus, Vetiver, Patchouli, Gaiac wood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.10.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Strong tobacco!
I hadn't heard much about Carolina Herrera's exclusive line yet, except that, as the name suggests, it's rare and expensive. In contrast to the "F*ck-me-Pumps-Linie" (Too good to be bad, etc.), the bottles look good and noble and are heavy in the hand, each one dyed to match the fragrance (golden brown for Tobacco).
Since I love tobacco scents and also call a few masculine my own, I could not help but let Herrera's unisex tobacco come under my nose as the first of this luxury series.
The first impression almost knocked me over: super strong, slightly sweet tobacco (much less sweet than Kilian, Tom Ford or Pure Havane) immediately got in my nose and I had to "smell away". But already after a few seconds the slight tabackige scratchiness had diminished and the smell came into the course. That's when he started to please me very much. I noticed a flashing Cointreau note that gave the fragrance a gourmand, slightly bittersweet touch, but also some sophistication.
But he also has a dark side - a dark smokiness, a bit of an ashtray, a bit of a noble gentlemen's club, a bit of the Middle East.
I don't mean to say that I can make out oud, but he has something of the Absolus d'Orient of Guerlain, which I still have very vividly in olfactory memory. It lasts very well and long, and does not change much even after hours, so that one can look forward to 6-8 hours of little sweet, little fruity, but very intense tobacco with a minimal oriental touch. And for a long time afterwards a warm tone remains, also very beautiful!