Confidential - Sandal Ruby (2019)

Confidential - Sandal Ruby by Carolina Herrera

9.0 / 10     1 RatingRatingsRatings
Confidential - Sandal Ruby is a new perfume by Carolina Herrera for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is oriental-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Atlas cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 08.09.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

The fragrant bridge
At the beginning: I have never seen and smelled the fragrances of Caromina Herrera's Confidential collection before. All the happier I was to sniff them out at the "in corte ingles" in Barcelona ;-)
In contrast to the other counters like Guerlain and Chanel, I was treated and advised super dearly by the nice saleswoman. At first I sniffed my way through all the flacons in this line. I got stuck with "burning rose", which had a wonderful velvety rose-with-something-ginger combination at the beginning. Sandal Ruby smelled first quite aggressively like cinnamon while smelling the paper strip...the saleswoman gave me
a sample of "burning rose" and given this scent here and thought I should test them both in peace. Well....five hours later I entered the department store again ;-)

Now to the
The opening begins with a huge dose of cinnamon, which is by no means reminiscent of Christmas biscuits or the like. On the contrary: the cinnamon lets you stroll through a spice bazaar in the Orient, while the heat of the desert whirls up other powerful spices.
After a smooth transition, geranium and tuberose (probably also jasmine) invite you to dream about a holiday in southern France. The spices now have a complementary effect, but tend to stay in the background.
Slowly sandalwood and patchouli come into play and give the whole composition depth and a certain charm! In any case, one notices the quality of these two fragrances, there was no ambition and even less nothing "soft rinsed".

The effect of this fragrance is simply wonderfully mysterious and glamorous! A fragrant bridge between the Orient and the Occident! All in all I am really glad to have this piece of jewellery in my collection! Unfortunately the Confidential collection of Carolina Herrera is really rare and even with this fragrance I would absolutely advise against blind buying!