Saffron Lazuli 2020

Saffron Lazuli by Carolina Herrera
Saffron Lazuli is a new perfume by Carolina Herrera for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is leathery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Tonka beanTonka bean
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac woodGaiac wood
VanillaVanilla
LeatherLeather

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 01.09.2021.

This fragrance is part of the "Confidential" collection.

What a find.
I have now purchased all of the confidential range and I am blown away by the quality of most of them. Compared to the normal CH range there is no comparison and hence why I was skeptical in the beginning. Saffron Lazuli is one I truly enjoy. Having grown up in Spain the saffron brings back wonderful memories. I agree with the below comment there is a wonderful smooth leather which are my go to scents. This is very good and worth the money.

MariaS
Addictive lazuli (update 28/05/2021)
I ve heard a lot about this fragrance so I made about 45 km to test it but the shop didn’t have to give me a sample and also didn’t know how to sample fragrances on customers skin. They spray the air and expect the perfume to fall on your skin...Also didn’t let me touch the bottle to sample it myself due to corona virus regulations. If I had a better sampling experience, I believe I would have bought it by now.

The fragrance begins with an intense saffron tonka combination similar to oud for greatness regarding the intensity of the saffron. Oud for greatness is more earthy and this is more nutty from the tonka bean. After it settles on the skin, the saffron intensity disappears but you still get a spiciness from it. As it settles also, the floral notes come out together with the leather, making it more creamy-leathery-floral.

At the beginning I thought it was more masculine but after it settles it became a bit more feminine because of the floral notes that revealed. So it is totally unisex in my opinion. It doesn’t scream femininity, but it is more for women who love more spicy leathery scents rather than floral.

As for the performance, it still smells on my skin after I had a shower and despite the bad sampling on my skin so I guess it’s very good!

UPDATE: Since I had my birthday recently, I asked this for a gift and got it. So now that I sampled it properly I can assure you about all the above. Its a creamy-leathery-floral scent with a saffron on the background. Its unisex but after the saffron fades, the floral notes and the vanilla are more prominent so its most suitable for a woman. Also, the packaging has a list of the notes and there isnt any leather in it, but I feel like I can smell it even from smelling the bottle. Also, in the notes, Cardamome is listed which is not listed here. If there isnt any leather, maybe this leathery feeling is coming from a strong dense vanilla with the cardamome.
The performance is not beast but its decent. It is a well made fragrance.

Thank you for your time!

Stay safe and smell great!

I am officially addicted to this scent...and the bottle is amazing!!
by MariaS
I have to get every saffron fragrance!!
by MariaS
by Anastasija84
by Anastasija84

Popular Carolina Herrera

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera CH Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera 212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Gold Incense by Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Black (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Nightfall Patchouli by Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Suprême) by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Amber Desire by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera 212 by Carolina Herrera CH Men Insignia by Carolina Herrera