Sandal Ruby 2019

Sandal Ruby by Carolina Herrera
Sandal Ruby is a perfume by Carolina Herrera for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is oriental-creamy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepperBlack pepper
CinnamonCinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeraniumGeranium
TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
PatchouliPatchouli
Atlas cedarAtlas cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.06.2021.

This fragrance is part of the "Confidential" collection.

DalilaB
Coup de foudre...I’m in love
I have realised quickly into my fragrance journey that there are some houses whose style and offering I love, even if they offered a simple cologne. Carolina Herrera confidential line for me is a line that I can safely say I like everything they have. I haven’t disliked any perfume so far, but oh dear I have loved a few.
I find they are subtle, unique and beautiful.
Today I tried 4 from the line, 3 of which have become a love! Sandal Ruby stood out, after the spicy opening, it settled into a white flower fragrance, which fresh tuberose and maybe a hint of jasmine just slightly green! It’s just the right level of florals, sensual without being cloying. As I enjoyed my coffee, I continued to get whiffs of the tuberose, trying to place it somewhere..maybe closer to Diptyque Do Son..not quite as green as carnal flower. At this stage, it was nice flowery western fragrance. However, as it dried down it became a bit more Woody oriental and reminded me of burning rose from The same line. Do they share the same DNA like the famous Guerlinade?..the patchouli is sweet, I could’ve sworn it had amber even though it’s not listed. It didn’t seem like it had a huge trail, it’s subtle and felt more of skin scent , a beautiful skin scent May I add. I’m in love but as we all know how fickle the heart of a parfumista is... so who knows how long this love will last.
The fragrant bridge
At the beginning: I have never seen and smelled the fragrances of Caromina Herrera's Confidential collection before. All the happier I was to sniff them out at the "in corte ingles" in Barcelona ;-)
In contrast to the other counters like Guerlain and Chanel, I was treated and advised super dearly by the nice saleswoman. At first I sniffed my way through all the flacons in this line. I got stuck with "burning rose", which had a wonderful velvety rose-with-something-ginger combination at the beginning. Sandal Ruby smelled first quite aggressively like cinnamon while smelling the paper strip...the saleswoman gave me
a sample of "burning rose" and given this scent here and thought I should test them both in peace. Well....five hours later I entered the department store again ;-)

Now to the
The opening begins with a huge dose of cinnamon, which is by no means reminiscent of Christmas biscuits or the like. On the contrary: the cinnamon lets you stroll through a spice bazaar in the Orient, while the heat of the desert whirls up other powerful spices.
After a smooth transition, geranium and tuberose (probably also jasmine) invite you to dream about a holiday in southern France. The spices now have a complementary effect, but tend to stay in the background.
Slowly sandalwood and patchouli come into play and give the whole composition depth and a certain charm! In any case, one notices the quality of these two fragrances, there was no ambition and even less nothing "soft rinsed".

The effect of this fragrance is simply wonderfully mysterious and glamorous! A fragrant bridge between the Orient and the Occident! All in all I am really glad to have this piece of jewellery in my collection! Unfortunately the Confidential collection of Carolina Herrera is really rare and even with this fragrance I would absolutely advise against blind buying!

Popular Carolina Herrera

CH Men Privé by Carolina Herrera CH Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Légère) by Carolina Herrera Mystery Tobacco by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Chic for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera 212 Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Gold Incense by Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera 212 VIP Black (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera Good Girl (Eau de Parfum Suprême) by Carolina Herrera Nightfall Patchouli by Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera (1988) (Eau de Parfum) by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy Men (Eau de Toilette) by Carolina Herrera Amber Desire by Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera 212 by Carolina Herrera CH Men Insignia by Carolina Herrera