Aimez-Moi (1996) Eau de Toilette

Version from 1996
Aimez-Moi (1996) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron

Aimez-Moi (1996) (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Caron for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Cardamom, Mint, Star anise, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Magnolia, Peach, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.04.2019

A unique Iris
Lovely Iris scent by Caron.
Ive tested this in the summer fall and winter and performs better for me in winter. If you want to get a handle on a true iris scent, this is a great one when the heart opens up.

I dont understand why this isnt more popular.I find it better quality than Guerlain. Caron isnt easily available or visible in the market anymore. Shame their game isnt modernized with these great classics they have in their inventory. Definitely a great buy for iris lovers.
7.5 10.0 2.5 4.0/10

Briarthorn
Tease your hair, and put on your shoulder pads
I strongly suspect I tried a recent reformulated version.

The opening is muddled. Pleasant but hard to pick out any one note. Maybe violet, maybe spices. This also faded very quickly. Two hours tops. probably less, and the Sillage was GIANT. Now, did the scent fade after two hours, or did the massive assault on my olfactory senses finally render them useless and tired? I didn't notice any real evolution of the scent on the skin, it was just a loud, messy, and muddled music video from the 1980s.

The entire two hours I was wearing it (and smelling it) I kept thinking that it was the epitome of the 80's. It had the shoulder-pads, teased hair, red lips and everything else 80's going on.

May
2014
10.0/10

Powder lovers, REJOICE!
I feel nearly confident to say there is a common attribute with Caron perfumes: over the course of a single wearing, they only get better with time. Let me clarify—from first spray to last strains of the drydown, a Caron scent shines brightest in the drydown. This isn’t to say their scents are mediocre until they hit their drydown. They are gorgeous from beginning to end, but to use a person as an analogy, young George Clooney was cute but fifty-something George is downright sexy because there is something a bit old-fashioned, classic, and yet timeless about him, if not a bit weathered. If you don’t believe me, Google his name and add the word ‘young’. Caron is the perfume world’s Mr. Clooney.

Before I derail myself with schoolgirl adoration, I mention all this because this is no truer than it is with Aimez-Moi. First spray? Really nice and crisp violets. I love violets so I’m okay with this. Throughout the day I kept smelling a subtle aura of spice in the spirit of the classic Old Spice. (Yeah, *that* Old Spice.) I kept shoving my wrist to my nose to see if this was coming from me. I swear I could not smell it in close proximity but when I waved my arms away from me, I got a gentle whiff of that Old Spice-like… spice. Though I associate Old Spice with a person who abused it, in this context it’s so enjoyable.

As of present, I’m reveling in the mesmerizing drydown. I’ve been wearing this scent since 9 a.m. and it is still going strong. I love it more now than I did this morning—and I was pretty smitten this morning. It’s powdery gloriousness. If you’re not a fan of powder, this could make a convert of you. It truly is that good.

All of my flowery praise and adoration cannot adequately describe precisely how beautiful this is. My love for powdery scents hasn’t always been. Ombre Rose was like my gateway powder perfume. The legendary L’Heure Bleue only confirmed my growing love for powder but Aimez-Moi solidified my adoration for all things fluffy and powdery. Try it and see if you don’t become an apostle of all things powdery.

Moi, Moi, Moi
Aimez Moi, originally composed by Dominque Ropion, met up with him again at the reformulation of his creation. Love me, it begged, and it seems he was the perfect gentleman. According to Bois de Jasmin and Perfume Shrine this is as close to the same perfume as it is possible to be, allowing for the new regulations.

I opens in a similar way to Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan, but of course CMist does not contain anise. The second stage is reminiscent of Yardley Iris, still a bit sharp even as it warms. The full bloom develops and this is where the perfume defines itself in a very beguiling way. If a workmate wore this I would smile at each passing waft instead of contemplating a Sars mask as I did when my work colleague wore cheap nasty Revlons. I gave her some of mine ‘for her daughter’ and that solved the problem. Aimez Moi is a friendly, competent companion, suitable for travel or work. I imagine wearing it in a vineyard, there’s something that makes me think of the gooseberry shudder of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. I think I like it better than Lolita Lempicka as it sits knife edge between bitter and bittersweet. I am fond of those violet pastilles that Moi conjures up in the minds of other reviewers and I love anise. I bought the 40 ml tube.
(doesn't excite) If you like gourmands and Angel derivatives stick to LL or the sumptuous In Black by Jesus del Pozo. Getting back to Moi, the drydown is accomplished as one would expect of a Caron, but in all honesty my favourite reformulation of this year is Balmain's Ivoire. I woud buy Ivoire again based on juice, bottle, and price.
Let me take this opportunity to recommend Victoria Frolova’s assessment of the House of Caron both prior to and post reformulations.
Only five of the female fragrances survive in good standing. Aimez Moi is one, then Farnesiana, Narcisse Noir, Parum Sacre and Nuit de Noel. It’s a must read.
7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Licorice and heady violets
I've fallen for this fragrance, hard! And it's only my first wearing. It's a pity that I hadn't discovered Aimez-Moi earlier.

I love the scent of licorice, although it's not technically licorice in this composition that I smell, but star anise which has a similar scent. Either way, it's that licoricey and foody opening that captivated me the instant I applied this fragrance to my wrist. The scent is also sweet, but pleasantly so.

Extra additives of mint and dusty violets, make this blend both unique and 'to die for'. It's about time that I explored the Caron range a bit more, especially if this is what they have on offer. I'll also add that the online prices for Caron are too good to pass up.

Perhaps this fragrance is an acquired taste, seeing that the reviews are fairly mixed. I'm counting myself as one of its fans. There's a good dose of violets in Aimez-Moi, however they're a bit heavier than you may be used to, with a slight medicinal edge. I suppose I'm a sucker for loud violet scents. Guerlain's Insolence EDP is another sweet, heavy violet favourite.

The way in which each note blends with one another is divine. It's complex and yet so smooth. By the drydown, Aimez-Moi is delightfully warm and all 'buttered-up' with vanillary woods and green spiciness. It truly smells magical on the skin.

The sillage is strong, but not too strong, and the longevity, well, there's nothing bad to say about that. Caron constantly delivers, and from what I've tried from their range so far, I've come to realise that every scent is unique. Aimez-Moi has become one of my new Autumn favourites.
6.0/10

Mangez-moi
Violets are naturally sweet, but Caron AIMEZ-MOI opens more like violet dextrose to my nose: we're talking major diabetic coma potential here. Fortunately, the sweetness subsides to some extent as the perfume develops, but unfortunately I never really get past the sweet violets to most of the other notes of the composition, with the exception of anise. The drydown becomes slightly woody but is still rather sweet.

I like AIMEZ-MOI, but I believe that this is only because I am a violet fanatic. (Know thyself.) I have taken to layering this creation with Borsari VIOLETTA DI PARMA on top. The Borsari "edp" has poor staying power but moderates the sweetness of AIMEZ-MOI edt (which has better longevity and bigger sillage) to the point where I find myself in violet heaven once again. My favorite violet-centric fragrance, however, remains Bond no 9 EAU DE NOHO, which I find considerably more complex than either the Borsari or the Caron, even combined.

Ancaan 2 years ago
Dry and powdery, slightly flowery and sweet. On my skin it almost smells like green tobacco leaves.+3

by Kwad
by Schahram
by Tusnelda
by Tusnelda

Popular Caron

Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron L'Anarchiste (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Narcisse Noir (1960) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Yuzu Man by Caron Royal Bain de Caron / Royal Bain de Champagne by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Fleur de Rocaille by Caron Aimez-Moi (1996) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Fleurs de Rocaille (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Lady Caron (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Sport by Caron