Fleur de Rocaille 1993 Eau de Parfum

Version from 1993
Fleur de Rocaille (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron
7.2 / 10 95 Ratings
Fleur de Rocaille (1993) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Caron for women and was released in 1993. The scent is floral-powdery. It was last marketed by Cattleya Finance. Pronunciation

GardeniaGardenia Lily of the valleyLily of the valley IrisIris VioletViolet LilacLilac AmberAmber Precious woodsPrecious woods
Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.04.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
ViktoriaAkiV
Flower fairy scent in the magic forest
I close my eyes and breathe deeply the scent of Fleur de Rocaille...

I find myself in a clearing surrounded by a forest. I don't know where I am, but that doesn't seem so important at the moment.
I sit there listening to the birds chirping and the forest rustling in the wind. It is warm, there is a light breeze. In the distance, the babbling of the brook can be heard, whispering to itself at the edge of the forest....
Suddenly, I hear a slight movement... up ahead where the stream can be heard. I stand up and walk slowly and carefully towards the rippling water.
As if rooted to the spot, I stop.... in the sea of flowers I see, from flower to flower, many little fairies flying. Beautiful magical creatures that collect every tiny drop of dew. With each beat of the fairies' flight, I sink deeper and deeper into the soft cloud of fragrance....
I close my eyes, take a deep breath...

The scent of Fleur de Rocaille is a delicate floral aroma, not overbearing but still distinct.

Non-Vintage Non-Fairytale
I hunted down a vintage bottle and there is no comparison whatsoever to this 1993 Fleur de Rocaille (no s) version, which misses the former’s bergamot, carnation, musk, and rosewood. Unfortunate, because without them the wicked stepsisters, narcissus and lily-of-the-valley enter and stomp all over Cinderella’s pretty gown. To me, this version doesn't live up to the rest of Caron.

The updated FdR
The fruity sweet mimosa and formulation is showing some age. A product of the 90s..out of step with modern sensibilities. I wish Caron focused more intently on preserving Daltroffs Classics carefully much like Guerlain has tried. This is a different scent than the original its based on.
If u like scents like Volupte or Champs Elysees this will work for you.

Soft flowers
This was a great surprise again. When I read the smell pyramid, I thought that these are obviously too many flowers for me.
Missing far. Yes, I was greeted of a sea of flowers which, however, wonderfully softly spreads on my skin. Head and heart notes change quite quietly into each other.
Surrounded by the woody notes I don't feel any sweet or heaviness at all.
This skin flatterer could accompany me the whole day.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

21 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Caron

Tabac Blond (1919) (Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Millésime 2014 by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (1934) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Montaigne (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron En Avion (Parfum) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron (2005) (Parfum) / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme by Caron Poivre (Extrait de Parfum) by Caron Rose (1949) by Caron Farnesiana (2017) (Parfum) by Caron Pois de Senteur (1927) / Les Pois de Senteur de Chez Moi (Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron