Infini (1970) Eau de Toilette

Version from 1970
Infini (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Infini (1970) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Caron for women and was released in 1970. The scent is floral-chypre. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Morsetti

Narcissus, Tuberose, Tonka bean, Vetiver, Jasmine, Rose, Lily-of-the-valley, Sandalwood, Musk

Submitted by Joe, last update on 12.05.2019

9.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Cumulnimbus
Warm creamy floral aldehyde vintage
Yesterday I was gifted a big 120ml vintage parfum de toilette of this gem in the edgy geometrical flaçon. I feel lucky.

Infini had plenty of opportunities to be of my liking. It is indeed a beautifully crafted floral aldehyde of the highest quality. Being a Caleche lover, I measure to it all other floral aldehyde perfumes. With Caleche in mind, Infini is sweeter, denser, creamier and sightly powdery. I feel the aldehydes here have a soft peachy end and aren't very fizzy. I feel lilacs among the flowers with their romantic end. Tonka and sandalwood are more present here as well, making Infini much warmer and a bit sensual. Caleche is greener, a bit leathery and bitter, quite austere but still more luminous in comparison.

I can see the resemblance to Pascal Morabito's Or Noir, though Or Noir is much bolder in its use aldehydes, and overall woodier, darker.

Infini's sillage is moderate and so is its longevity, which makes it a good all year around choice.
10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Hidden Treasure
Recently I visited a local shop that carries niche fragrances. To my surprise, they had a small Caron selection, including two fountains. I sniffed their tester of Infini and said I wanted to buy that one. Much scrambling ensued, including a telephone call and a catalog search. Turns out all they had was the nearly full tester because the fragrance is discontinued. Did I want to buy it at 15% off? I did, not believing my good luck. Somehow the good stuff seems to find its way into the testers, even when the bottle sold is a pale shadow. That's how I'm in possession of this incredibly beautiful perfume in a potency much stronger than my other Carons. When the clerk handed it to me I held it close like the treasure it is. When I found a list of Infini's notes on Fragrantica, I was in store for a second surprise. Top: Jasmine, Narcissus, Lily of the Valley Aldehydes, Mid: Iris, Lilac, Tuberose, Rose. Base: Vetyver, Musk, Sandalwood, Amber, Tonka Bean. Hadn't I just two days ago been greatly put off by a perfume with lily of the valley, iris and aldehydes? However, the House of Caron knows what it's doing. This is a grand floral aldehyde, as good as the greats in the oriental genre. Vetyver stands in for the citrus, but with less acidity to curb the indolic florals, sultry woods and sexy musks, the fragrance wafts up, takes possession of my senses and drags my mind into paradise --at risk of sniffing myself unconscious. I have a Caron catalog that says Infini also has daffodil and I do smell it faintly in the mix of other florals, but let's not quibble. What a creamily luxurious experience this perfume is. For me it's the olfactory equivalent of stumbling upon a pot of gold.

by Turmalin
by Somebody
by skanvidou
by skanvidou

Popular Caron

Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Yatagan (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Le 3ᵉ Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Parfum Sacré (1990) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Tabac Blond (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Montaigne (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Caron L'Anarchiste (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Nuit de Noël (Parfum) by Caron Nocturnes (1981) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Narcisse Noir (1960) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Yuzu Man by Caron Royal Bain de Caron / Royal Bain de Champagne by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron / L'Impact de Pour Un Homme (Parfum) by Caron Bellodgia (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Fleur de Rocaille by Caron Aimez-Moi (1996) (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Fleurs de Rocaille (Eau de Toilette) by Caron Lady Caron (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Accord 119 (Eau de Parfum) by Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Sport by Caron